West Park Hotel Reviews

157-159 Elswick Road, Newcastle upon Tyne, England

The Hotel was not a hotel it was a complete dive. Doors did not feel secure AT ALL. It was scandalously overpriced just because we booked late. Rooms didn't feel overly clean and they weren't ensuite having a shower in the middle of your room is not ensuite.

The heating in our room wasn't working, so the room was cold as ice. When we arrived the Hotel was closed and we had to ring them to come and let us in. There was no one there the first night of our stay (neither staff nor guests). The name ‘Hotel' is incorrect and misleading. For a hostel, it would have been ok.

• 31st Oct 2013

Probably one of the most unsafe places I've stayed. Staff seemed they helpful but unaware and more likely just didn't care. I was told that I could have brought back anyone I wanted to, sleep how ever many people I could fit into the room, so they're would be strangers walking about. I asked for 2 rooms and one he couldn't give me a key for as the door was hanging off the hinges so you couldn't lock it and was told to sleep with the bed against the door…fire risk! Very very poor please avoid!!!!

Will definitely return!!

• 26th Oct 2013
  • Scotland

Extremely basic and in a run down area but suited a big group of us going out for one night who needed a place to stay overnight. The member of staff was also very helpful sorting out taxis.

• 19th Oct 2013