West Side YMCA Reviews

5 West 63rd St., N.Y. 10023, New York, USA

I was very pleased with my choice to stay at the West Side Y, and plan to return. Comfortable bed, working ac, helpful & friendly staff. Cleanliness was superb , bathrooms and halls being cleaned regularity . Great location, ambiance of so many programs I'd been unaware of,

• 9th Sep 2015

Good location, was probably the wobbliest I bed ever slept on but besides that all good.

Great location, but you get what you pay for. The room is very small and really just to sleep in. When you come "home" after an entire day of sightseeing in NYC the only option is to lie down. You can't sit on the bed since it's on wheels and when you lean against the wall the bed moves and you'll fall off. Bathrooms have no privacy. The shower curtain only covers about half of the opening. There are three showers of which only two work and four sinks of which only two work.

• 3rd Sep 2015

If you are looking for a cheap place good location. YMCA is the hostel. Also it is a quite place. Bathrooms were cleaned ever day. There is a place to buy food, coffee. Good staff. I did not have problem.

• 27th Aug 2015

Nice hotel, very well located

Great place to stay on a budget luggage check is $2 and after i picked up my luggage later in the day i was allowed to go to the 3rd floor for a shower before heading down to the Port Authority to catch my bus out which is great.

Staff seems to be tired

• 18th Aug 2015
  • Chile

Great stay in a fantastic location

• 17th Aug 2015
  • Scotland

The room is great. Clean, nice space. However, I have never ever faced a bathroom like this. It is small, you have ZERO privacy and it is COMPLETELY disgusting... I wish I had the option of uploading images, so I could show the rest of the world the absolutly gross aspect of West Side YMCA's bathroom at 11:30pm of a Monday. You come "home" after a busy work day and have to deal with this kind of situation. Honestly, I know I paid for a room with shared bathroom, but no low price justifies that!

• 17th Aug 2015

Great value for money! They don't have to pay city tax so it is cheap and right on Central Park you couldn't get a better location for the price!! Rooms and facilities are very basic but comfortable and clean. I bought some salads and didn't have any cutlery so I asked a staff member in the lobby and he went and found me some plastic forks and spoons. I would stay here again.

1 2 Next » last »