West Two London Reviews

22-23 Kensington Gardens Square, London, England

I had a lovely time, the housekeeping staff work really efficiently to ensure the kitchen and dormitories are kept really clean. The receptionists are very helpful and are very happy to take care of luggage left with them thank you to Mario and Marco and the rest of the staff.

Terrible experience. You can feel the hundreds of springs in the bed and the pillows are stupidly thin. When your only purpose is to provide accomodation, why wouldnt you at least get that right? Was told the wifi would work in my room but it didnt. The staff were fine then the manager was an a** hole to me. He walked past at the vending machine area at the top of the first stairs and told me I couldnt use my ipad there. I was alone but every other time of the day there was at least 4/5 people.

• 18th Aug 2014

The room was good. Staff is OK but could be nicer. Bathroom is really a problem, often dirty and blocked. I would recommend for a quick stay (max 3 days), you get what you pay for. The location is excellent.

Upon arrival of this hostel, we were greeted by not one but two rude members of staff. We could not check in on arrival, given that we were early. The staff were less than helpful and inconsiderate of traveller's needs. When we finally did check in, the room was not as it appeared in the photos (3 years old pics we found out). The two showers were substandard and that one toilet on our level was out of order. This is the worst hostel we have ever seen! Ever! And the staff are exceptionally rude!

Great staff they really let you feel like your home. There are a lot of people but it's not crowded. Above all young people. Maybe there's the need of more showers, and a big fridge in the kitchen. The dining and the living spaces are good and comfortable. The location is marvelous!

The rooms were very clean, but the toilet, shower, and kitchen facilities were just average. There are also no lockers in the bedrooms, although only the room residents have keys, so you cannot leave any valuables at all when you aren't in the room. Their fix for this is charging 1 pound a day per bag to leave it behind the receptionist, and when I checked in, I saw a mountain of bags behind the desk.

• 7th Aug 2014

Great people, cool staff, nice lounge

Simple hostel, nothing fancy but perfect for a short stay. Funky architecture, friendly staff, perfect for a cheapish, comfortable enough night.

• 2nd Aug 2014
  • Zimbabwe

Unfriendly staff, blocked toilets, shabby rooms. However, on the plus side it's rather cheap and not far from Kensington Gardens. Also, Queensway Station (Circle Line) is just 5 mins away. You certainly get what you pay for when it comes to the rooms etc., but I wouldn't recommend the hostel to friends as the toilets were blocked (three at once!) and the staff either didn't care or was outright unfriendly. You can stay at much better hostels for a similar price (try Royal Bayswater).

West Two is a good place only for a very short stay. The shared room is too small and too busy. The kitchen is also too small and too busy, it as only one kitchen stove and no fridge at all. However they're open 24/24 and there's free tea and milk (should provide some plant milk as well for vegan or people that can't eat dairy products) Beds and cleaning are ok. Showers are shared and outside rooms and they are ok. They are still using keys, not keycard. Location is very good

There was not any sink in the bathroom, what is not an impossible thing to be there I think. Also on our stage, the showers were not working in the bathroom, because the shower's tube was missing, what is about 3£ to get one, and made us disapointed in the evening:-/

The twin ensuite rooms are pretty spacious and clean. Toilets and showers are ok. There are only 3 for all the guests so they need to be cleaned more often. The only problem with our room is that we had mosquitos and other flying insects at night.

• 26th Jul 2014
  • Mexico

**** BEDBUGS **** BEDBUGS **** HOSTEL INFESTED BY BEDBUGS !!! GOT BITTEN ALL OVER MY ARM NO REFUND OFFERED NOR APOLOGY !!! Staff: Very Depressed Bunch Of Estonians Who Never Smile plus Awkward Security Man with No People skills Whatsoever !!! CONSTANTLY BLOCKED TOILETS FULL OF HUMAN FECES Very unpleasant experience :( AVOID !!!! P

• 25th Jul 2014
  • Slovakia

This one of the cheaper hostels in London, but it is totally sh*t. You get what you (don't) pay for.

• 25th Jul 2014

I was sexually assaulted (raped) whailst staying at this hostel. It was very traumatic for me. The staff were very unhelpful and didn't offer any help when I told them what had happened. Do not stay here it's unclean and unsafe

• 23rd Jul 2014
  • Wales

Good hostel.

It was extremely dirty and I will never come back there.

• 18th Jul 2014
  • Poland

Wc verstopt! Veel te weinig wc's en douches. Keuken bestaat uit 1 pitje, 1 vork en 1 vieze pan dus eigenlijk niet aanwezig. Geen ruimte om te zitten. Vol met bejaarden die er 'wonen'.

bath and toilets were not clean, facilities were old, less maintained. it's cheep but could be cheeper.

Noisy beds. You feel the springs; Dirty kitchen. No ventilation in bedrooms. Inappropriate luggage storage.

• 8th Jul 2014