West Two London Reviews

22-23 Kensington Gardens Square, London, England

Ridiculously hot room made it unbearable to sleep in. Had to check out 5 hours after checking in as it was pointless trying to sleep there. Shower / wash room had two shower cubicles but no showers or basins!!!

• 4th Jul 2014

The receptionist was a bit clueless about anything when we arrived. Security consists of an employee standing (maybe 25% of the time) around the stairs with a clipboard to ask our names and see our keys. The bathrooms are cramped and too few for the sheer size of the place. Common room is fairly gross as well. At the end of the day, there were no major issues and it's just a bed to sleep in between festivities out and about the city.

Very good location, lady in reception very nice, unfortunately not enought toilets and showers, some of toilets blocked, not too safe lock on doors, all night was very loud and lots of people banging doors

• 2nd Jul 2014
  • Poland

The funny security guard brightened up the place, otherwise quite dirty room and the toilets were always clogged. Wouldn't stay here again.

Room is spacious but would would be great to have individual sockets and lights for each bed.

• 2nd Jul 2014
  • Hong Kong

The availability of hot water for coffe/tea ,sugar and milk is very convenient for those who would like to make their breakfast.The location is excellent which is very close to the main street where we can purchase our requiremnt for breakfast.

- They do not accept and card payments despite what this page says - There and no lockers for valuables which meant that a number of people in my room had money stolen - The facilities are woeful. There is a huge lack of toilets/bathrooms, and the few they had were constantly clogged or left in a disgusting state - The kitchen had no fridge, no storage, no oven, barely any utensils (couple of spoons, a knife, some forks), and it is TINY and ALWAYS packed. It also smelt like a garbage dump.

• 30th Jun 2014

- not very professional staff... some were nice, others were almost rude/unprofessional... - dirty shower/bathrooms, although they did cleaned a lot - internet did not work in our room, neither in the common areas, had to sit in the staircase to go online - window in our room was impossible to open (it was broken) - bad locks on doors

• 29th Jun 2014
  • Norway

You should really look after your stuff, my friend and two other girls got robbed during the night. There are not many electrical outlets in the room so me and my friend decided to charge our phones during the day in the TV-room. The TV-room is nice, btw. It's a nice hostel to meet other people.

• 28th Jun 2014

When you arrive, they say you have to pay in cash, even though no such information was provided to me. Once my room was "ready," I went up the filthy staircase to the top floor, opened the door, and there was trash all over the room. The sheets were dirty, with what appeared to be a blood spot on one of them, and the sink had hair in it. The bathrooms were very dirty, some with broken showers and clogged toilets. Other guests were loud at night. Wifi only works in one gross room in the basement.

• 28th Jun 2014

I have never had a more miserable experience. When I first walked in, I genuinely thought that I had mistakenly entered a brothel. The staff stood around the main hall wrestling, and simply waived me in, as the main door did not lock whatsoever. The entire place reeked of some musty mix of sweat and mold. There were several people who appeared to be living at the hostel full-time, and my bed had clearly been slept in. The entire hostel only has 3 toilets, which also double as shower rooms.

Me and my girlfriend are not the kind of people who complain easily about things. West Two Hostel has a great location, a pro. BUT we had a couple of complaints during our stay. We found only four toilets, three of them were in the same room with a shower. When someone showered in those rooms, you couldn't use the toilet (IF they weren't broke in the first place). The showers were dirty, and one was too small (I'm 1m85 tall). In bed I always had an itch (bedbugs?). The staff was unprofessional.

Cons: WC's and showers constantly overflowing with stuff (yuck). Internet available only on the stairs or in the kitchen, but the connection is very poor, very difficult to use. Pros: great location and rooms are ok, though. Funny staff.

I didn't expected much for the low price but dirty sheets, an unstable bunk bed (due to a missing ladder) and too few toilets and showers made the stay rather grim.

This was my second stay in West Two, but this time I stayed with my mother. You get what you pay for, it's cheap and close to Hyde park, which is good, but the kitchen is horrible (dirty, hardly any cutlery, no fridge!), and the number of people per shared toilet/bathrooms is quite big.

Not much to say about this place. No security aside from a lock on the door. Poor wi-fi. Bathrooms dirty and staff unhelpful. Common areas were just discusting, especially when we found a homeless man in the tv room. Not joking about that either. Overall very disappointed and would not recommend this place to anyone.

PRO: cheap and good located, clean sheets and beds CONTRA: ridiciouless how many unclean toilets you can find. Not mentioning the "working" showers. This hostel is too big to have only 4 working showers and maybe 3 CLEAN toilets (flush is not working or you may find a major amount of excrement) I travelled around many countries and cheap but CLEAN hostels, but I was shocked when I saw the UNBELIEVEABLE dirty showers, toilets and floors...... COME ON, INVEST THAT MONEY IN CLEANING THEM!!!!

• 24th Jun 2014

This hostel is really good. Beds are comfortables and there are little curtains, powerplugs and light. People are really nice. Unfortunatelly, there was 3 impolite noisy people in my room, talking loud at anytime (preferably after 10pm, particularly after midnight and before anyone is awake in the room).

Worst hostel ive ever stayed in. The place was not clean the staff were not helpful there were no beds ready when I got there and was made to change the sheets myself to get a clean bed to start off, no fridge to keep basic food needs. All this was the main reason I left london. I will not recommend this place to anyone.

• 22nd Jun 2014

The bed linen was not the cleanest, there were some hair on it (not mine). The wifi signal was very poor, people sat down on the corridor to be able to use it. Only few toilet and shower facilities. The only real value is its location, nearby 3 metro stations and the good environment.

• 22nd Jun 2014