West Two London Reviews

22-23 Kensington Gardens Square, London, England

2087 Total Reviews

PRO: cheap and good located, clean sheets and beds CONTRA: ridiciouless how many unclean toilets you can find. Not mentioning the "working" showers. This hostel is too big to have only 4 working showers and maybe 3 CLEAN toilets (flush is not working or you may find a major amount of excrement) I travelled around many countries and cheap but CLEAN hostels, but I was shocked when I saw the UNBELIEVEABLE dirty showers, toilets and floors...... COME ON, INVEST THAT MONEY IN CLEANING THEM!!!!

• 24th Jun 2014

This hostel is really good. Beds are comfortables and there are little curtains, powerplugs and light. People are really nice. Unfortunatelly, there was 3 impolite noisy people in my room, talking loud at anytime (preferably after 10pm, particularly after midnight and before anyone is awake in the room).

Worst hostel ive ever stayed in. The place was not clean the staff were not helpful there were no beds ready when I got there and was made to change the sheets myself to get a clean bed to start off, no fridge to keep basic food needs. All this was the main reason I left london. I will not recommend this place to anyone.

• 22nd Jun 2014

The bed linen was not the cleanest, there were some hair on it (not mine). The wifi signal was very poor, people sat down on the corridor to be able to use it. Only few toilet and shower facilities. The only real value is its location, nearby 3 metro stations and the good environment.

• 22nd Jun 2014
  • Hungary

Good hostel, staff didn't know much about London.

The shower situation is horrendous, only the top floor bathroom had a showerhead that stayed on the wall, and as a young female i felt very unsafe because the lock for that bathroom is broken. Got very nervous when I heard strange men outside. Also the male receptionist that checked me in wasn't very friendly. They also allowed two girls to block the entirety of the stairway while they were packing their bags, which I didnt understand why they weren't doing in their rooms. The room itself was ok

• 21st Jun 2014

BANK CARDS - THEY DON'T REALLY ACCEPT THEM! So had to wander around in the night to find an ATM and pay cashout charges. Also, there is a 10 GBP key deposit - again, some more cash which I didn't need. Room has a sink, toilets don't. Sink has hot water (i.e. boiling) but no cold water. Completely useless. In the shower rooms only one of the two showers was functional. Floors are squeaky all around. Private Twin room = one dorm bunk bed. Reasonable, but not quite what one could expect.

Looks like a five star hotel from outside. The inside however is a different story. Bunk beds, shared bathroom, no tv. It is a good place to stay for a short term, and they do have wifi.

• 16th Jun 2014

west two hostel was very good i had know problems with it it was clean the staff were fine from patricia feeneypatricia@hotmail.com patriciaconry@hotmail.com

• 12th Jun 2014

Hostel attracts an unusual crowd -- lots of long-term guests and older backpackers in their 40s and 50s. It would be nice if they offered female-only dorms. Also, their security options are very limited. There are no lockers, and you have to store your valuables behind the front desk. The staff doesn't ask for ID when you pick your bag up--you just point out which is yours. All a thief has to do is point to the bag they want!

It wasn´t "perfect" experience but as I know London prices of hotels I was expecting much more worse for what I had paid. Our room was quite clean and I saw the hotel staff trying hard to keep toilets and bathrooms clean. All could be nicer if some quest weren´t lazy and clean toilets after themselves. I really don´t understand what so hard on using a toliet brush for some people.

• 11th Jun 2014
  • Czech Republic

It's cheap, I didn't expect much. The room was ok, but bathroom was not. Lot of noise during the night.

• 10th Jun 2014
  • Finland

Great value for money. Nothing special about this place but great for a cheap night in London. Not the most fancy place to stay but it is a roof over your head.

Beds were comfortable. Hostel was kept clean, with staff members constantly cleaning. A little short on bathrooms, but it was never an issue during our stay. I would stay there again. *Be aware that there is a £10 deposit for your room key, which isn't mentioned on the site. It is returnable on departure.*

• 9th Jun 2014
  • Scotland

The location is quite good. 1 minute walk to the train station. The free shuttle was not available on the day od my arrival. No computer use. No breakfast. Yet room was nice. Clean and big. We were upgraded to a doublebed room with bathroom (was without bathroom when I booked it). The streets nearby have a lot of good resturants. Had a nice stay with comfortable beds.

Would not stay again if I visited London. I, regrettably, stayed for a week in a 6 bed dorm. The bed was the most uncomfortable thing I've ever slept on. A piece of the window covering fell onto my bed during the night and I woke up covered in pieces of wood. There are no lifts so if you're on the top floor with a heavy bag, good luck. Wifi doesn't work in the dorms. My dorm only had one plug. The showers and toilets are minimal. Couldn't wait to leave

• 3rd Jun 2014

I've stayed at a few London hostels and I struggle to find anything I like about this hostel. The rooms were dirty. The bathrooms were gross. No good social area. Security was a joke. Would not recommend

Small kitchen with a sink that kept clogging. Bathrooms were pretty gross as well and were few in number

For the price I didn't expect a luxurious hotel, though it could be much cleaner, I'm not sure the sheets whereI slept were really clean.... but very nice staff; kitchen; common room, not a bad experience in overall !

No complaints for location or security, and whilst one member of staff was very helpful, the rest were all rather passive aggressive and unhelpful. The kitchen/lounge was dirty, and with so many people living there long term it developed a strange atmospher comparable to the social dynamics of a prison. For the price, it wasn't good enough and the whole hostel as an odour that is still lingering on my clothes!

• 30th May 2014