West Two London Reviews

22-23 Kensington Gardens Square, London, England

1917 Total Reviews

The hostel was very basic as you would expect with the price. The beds were uncorfortable and squeaky which kept waking me up. The toilets were not the cleanest and found it hard to find one with a sink in it. When we left for the evening there was about 6 people sat on the stairs who we had to walk around and the place smelt of weed. The man that checked us in was pleasent but not the night staff. The only plus is location but would not stay again and not recomend.

• 9th Nov 2013

The internet connection is atrocious. Staff tell you to connect downstairs, but you can hardly ever actually connect there. Unless you sit on the stairs by reception, good luck getting online. And speaking of stairs, it's really weird that you can't sit in the hallway but sitting on the stairs (which is narrower and more dangerous) is fine. Doesn't make any sense. The Kitchen needs a fridge. Plain and Simple. The guests need one.

The toilets aren't maintained enough for a hostel with so many people (or with so few toilets)... Especially after shower time. The mattresses look quite awful but the bedding is clean. People are cool, you get a mixed bunch. Location is good, it's in a more residential road in W2 although you're still near the shops.The Manager here is lovely and the staff are quite helpful and friendly.Wifi can be temperamental (apparently) and I didn't check out the kitchen. Recommend when cheap for 1\2 days.

Nice and cheap but you really only get what you pay for and that's fine. Although they could do with some more bathroom facilities

I've slept feeling the bed springs sticking in my back the hole night. Woke up tired and with pain in my back.

• 31st Oct 2013
  • Portugal

Dear West Two Team The room I stayed in hadn't been cleaned after the last visitor left it. The floor was dirty. The bed sheets had not been changed: there were hair on the pillowcase and even dirty spots on the sheets. Also, the bin was full of trash. I took pictures of all this in case you need proof. At least the cleaning boy promptly changed the bed sheets after I showed him the room. Kind regards

Got a bunked instead of an twin bed. The day we arrived all toilet where clogged and disgusting. People was smoking weed in the toilets too. Very noisy at night. How ever the area is great, and the hostel is located off a main road, so quite quiet at night.

• 20th Oct 2013
  • Denmark

there kitchen fascilities are very limited no cooking usage, microve, fridge access, or proper seating fascilities

Good location. The bathrooms need and improvement.

After 2 months of staying in hostels this place was by far the worst. no atmosphere, and there were not enough toilets/showers to accommodate everyone. top floor showers were TERRIBLE. i'm a short person and my head hit the showerhead. beds were phenomenally uncomfortable. the common room was constantly chockers because it was the only place the wifi worked (that you were allowed to use it, also worked on the stairs but you'd get kicked off them). The kitchen was tiny and there is no fridge.

Booked this hostel as it was cheap. It's true what they say, you get what you pay for. I booked this hostel after agreeing to their terms and conditions. the only condition was " cash on arrival " So i get there after a day of travelling. Near passing out with exhaustion and sweat. Then they tell me i need ID. I had none!!!! aS IT SAID I DIDNT NEED ANY!!!! This is illegal and a breach of their terms and conditions. Stay away!!!! stay away!!!!! stay away!!!!!!!

Good cheap place to stay. Staff are not super friendly but I think they have probably been done over a few times. Comfy TV room and resonable kitchen facilities. I had a single (double bunk) room- it was clean, had a basin, chair, table and window that opened. The free shuttle bus from Vic was not in operation, asked for a discount or refund tube price, didn't get one. If it's not available don't advertise it! But all round a good cheap place to stay!

When I arrived I was told I had booked for the wrong night but i hadn't. They still gave me a room but it was tiny and smelt so bad and the smell did not go away. The place was not very clean but was only for 1 night so I felt with it as it was cheap.

It was a bit annoying having to book online all the time as you could sometimes miss out but West Two was useful as a base whether you're trying to set yourself up in London or just passing through. Everybody was in the same boat so its easy to get along with other guests and the staff were reasonable and helpful.

• 6th Oct 2013
  • New Zealand

Rooms are cramped, most of the showers are broken, no atmosphere at all, beds were uncomfortable.

We were quiet disappointed with the hostel. No breakfast available, it mentions coffee available but not even any cups to drink it with. Beds TERRIBLE you could feel every spring, and with each tiny moment the bed made loud squeaking noises. Bathrooms not very clean at all, and shower curtains stunk of mould - very basic. No lockers in the room, if you wanted to keep your bags storaged the only option was behind the check in desk with the staff. No lift in the building - Renovation needed.

• 28th Sep 2013

The last time I wrote about this hostel, I commented on the lack of bathrooms; however, when I returned, I saw that they had a very nifty extra bathroom above the second floor (floor 2 1/2). So, this will be a good tip to all that come: this bathroom has two extra showers and a toilet, and it has an open door for continuous access. This will help you very much when you need to go in the middle of the night, not to mention helping you with the scarce shower space. So, a good hostel overall :)

It was bearable for one night. I've stayed in plenty of better hostels in London before. An old building but some renovations especially in the bathrooms would make this place much better.

showers were a bit hit and miss, kitchens very small but adequate. cant grumble really

• 23rd Sep 2013

I only stayed there one night - needed something cheap and in good location - and that's definitely what this hostel offers. I was surprised that there's no lockers in the rooms, so you have to leave your valuables at the reception (1£ per bag per day for storage after check out). Also wifi doesn't work well in rooms, (suposedly not at all but i managed to connect from my bed). There aren't many bathrooms but surprisingly there was no lines at any point. Generally really ok for it's price.

• 21st Sep 2013