West Two London Reviews

22-23 Kensington Gardens Square, London, England

2092 Total Reviews

For the price I didn't expect a luxurious hotel, though it could be much cleaner, I'm not sure the sheets whereI slept were really clean.... but very nice staff; kitchen; common room, not a bad experience in overall !

No complaints for location or security, and whilst one member of staff was very helpful, the rest were all rather passive aggressive and unhelpful. The kitchen/lounge was dirty, and with so many people living there long term it developed a strange atmospher comparable to the social dynamics of a prison. For the price, it wasn't good enough and the whole hostel as an odour that is still lingering on my clothes!

• 30th May 2014

Booked and paid for a room with two beds and a private bathroom. Got a room with a double bed and a bathroom with a broken shower and a toilet that wouldn't flush so we had to use the shared bathrooms. Not what we expected, but we wouldn't really have minded the poor standard of the room that much if it hadn't been for the BEDBUGS(!!) Got covered in bug bites on my arm, leg, neck and face, had a severe allergic reaction and had to seek medical attention. Will not recommend this hostel to anyone!

Great location and value for money.

• 28th May 2014
  • Latvia

Needs to be more cleanly, the beds were very uncomfortable. Common areas were poor and wifi was not available in the rooms. Need more outlets.

• 24th May 2014

From India, Iraq, Iceland, and now Bosnia and Herzegovina, West Two is probably the worst hostel I've ever stayed at. While one or two of the staff members are nice, many are unprofessional and inconsiderate. I was woken up at 11pm by a worker changing blankets in my room - shouldn't that have been done, like, during the day? Every bathroom is dirty, and each is missing something, whether it be a sink, mirror, or working utilities. The only bonus is location. Just go somewhere better.

The staff had not really an idea which beds were free, but cleaned them right away as one was still not made at midnight. Not enough plugs to charge phones and by far too less bathrooms. Shower and toilet always together, so you sometimes have to wait for people finishing their showers quite a ling time. But you get what you expect for 8£ in that area. It would not cost a lot to make it look friendlier.

We were impressed with the cleanliness of the room, 3/4 bathrooms (one needs serious renovation) The linen was all fresh...But the whole feel was "more care and attention, and updating" needed. The mattresses sagged,

• 20th May 2014

Great Hostel and really helpful and friendly staff. The kitchen has plenty of pots and plate and mugs so you can cook. There's free tea and coffee 24/7 in the dinning room. And there's plenty of toilets and showers about. I had a problem with my laptop while I was there and the guy who worked the night shift was really helpful and sorted it for me. Clean bedding and plenty of space and plugs n the rooms.

Good location, really hot and sweaty in the room though! , bring ear plugs just incase, because I was in a room with 8 people and there was an Italian man who was actually living there permanent, and he snored really bad!!! , just incase your in that room!

• 20th May 2014
  • Scotland

The second we came in we saw it was a drity place, The bathrooms were impossible to use. The floor was terribly dirty. The room was too hot,and the beds were totally uncomfortable. The girl in the receptions was in a bad mood and was not willing to help. I will never recommend this hostel again despite being cheap.

• 17th May 2014
  • Mexico

The hostel staff were incredibly warm and friendly. The room was clean, the bedding lovely and fresh and it is a superb location. An excellent service for such a great price!

• 17th May 2014

The place was nice and centric, and the room also was ok. But the staff is very unpleasant and rude. The bathrooms were quite dirty, they got stuck every day, and the staff didn't worry abou cleaning them!

• 16th May 2014
  • Spain

Hey this was my first time when I stayed at any hostel. Wasn't too sure what to expect. I had a great time, met amazing people. Staff were very understanding and helpful. Will be coming back for sure.

• 15th May 2014
  • Poland

clean rooms, neutral staff, ok location (near Hyde Park and tube stations), coffee and tea free of charge, not noisy, the bed was comfy though !

• 14th May 2014
  • Latvia

I had nice time and here again.

• 13th May 2014
  • Jordan

Dead cheap but really good for what you pay for. The staff were very friendly and helpful, the bed was comfy and the shower was clean.

Staff don't know how to communicate or acting like they don't know how to , I've booked for 2 nights and only pay for 1 reason being I was told over the phone that there was customers parking which was a load of crap because u will need to pay at parking machine or wake up in the morning and move your car before u get a £60 ticket fine , room was stink couldn't sleep because there was this guy in the room making noise , had the light on all the time so for me I'll never go back poor poor poor ..

The hostel was nice, the staff too. the bad point, a little bit small and a poor kitchen but otherwise it was chill out!

The hostel is well located, the satff is kind. We had a double room at the third floor, there is no lift, and the shower did not function properly (not enough pression). The furniture was old but they put clean sheets. It is ok for just a few days.

• 9th May 2014