West Two London Reviews

22-23 Kensington Gardens Square, London, England

It wasn´t "perfect" experience but as I know London prices of hotels I was expecting much more worse for what I had paid. Our room was quite clean and I saw the hotel staff trying hard to keep toilets and bathrooms clean. All could be nicer if some quest weren´t lazy and clean toilets after themselves. I really don´t understand what so hard on using a toliet brush for some people.

• 11th Jun 2014
  • Czech Republic

It's cheap, I didn't expect much. The room was ok, but bathroom was not. Lot of noise during the night.

• 10th Jun 2014
  • Finland

Great value for money. Nothing special about this place but great for a cheap night in London. Not the most fancy place to stay but it is a roof over your head.

Beds were comfortable. Hostel was kept clean, with staff members constantly cleaning. A little short on bathrooms, but it was never an issue during our stay. I would stay there again. *Be aware that there is a £10 deposit for your room key, which isn't mentioned on the site. It is returnable on departure.*

• 9th Jun 2014
  • Scotland

The location is quite good. 1 minute walk to the train station. The free shuttle was not available on the day od my arrival. No computer use. No breakfast. Yet room was nice. Clean and big. We were upgraded to a doublebed room with bathroom (was without bathroom when I booked it). The streets nearby have a lot of good resturants. Had a nice stay with comfortable beds.

good hostel. location is good. staff is friendly. clean room

Hostel is kinda weird, the people are very disrespectul guest between guests and also the staff towards some guests. Also that the price changes so much from weekends to week days sucks.

Would not stay again if I visited London. I, regrettably, stayed for a week in a 6 bed dorm. The bed was the most uncomfortable thing I've ever slept on. A piece of the window covering fell onto my bed during the night and I woke up covered in pieces of wood. There are no lifts so if you're on the top floor with a heavy bag, good luck. Wifi doesn't work in the dorms. My dorm only had one plug. The showers and toilets are minimal. Couldn't wait to leave

• 3rd Jun 2014

I've stayed at a few London hostels and I struggle to find anything I like about this hostel. The rooms were dirty. The bathrooms were gross. No good social area. Security was a joke. Would not recommend

Small kitchen with a sink that kept clogging. Bathrooms were pretty gross as well and were few in number

For the price I didn't expect a luxurious hotel, though it could be much cleaner, I'm not sure the sheets whereI slept were really clean.... but very nice staff; kitchen; common room, not a bad experience in overall !

No complaints for location or security, and whilst one member of staff was very helpful, the rest were all rather passive aggressive and unhelpful. The kitchen/lounge was dirty, and with so many people living there long term it developed a strange atmospher comparable to the social dynamics of a prison. For the price, it wasn't good enough and the whole hostel as an odour that is still lingering on my clothes!

• 30th May 2014

Booked and paid for a room with two beds and a private bathroom. Got a room with a double bed and a bathroom with a broken shower and a toilet that wouldn't flush so we had to use the shared bathrooms. Not what we expected, but we wouldn't really have minded the poor standard of the room that much if it hadn't been for the BEDBUGS(!!) Got covered in bug bites on my arm, leg, neck and face, had a severe allergic reaction and had to seek medical attention. Will not recommend this hostel to anyone!

Great location and value for money.

• 28th May 2014
  • Latvia

Not enough toilets/showers. Hostel is overall sketchy & pretty much only worth the cheap price in the off-season. No lockers. Cramped rooms. Not very inviting atmosphere overall. I only stayed one night and I wouldn't recommend staying much longer than that. Was followed around by creepy stalker-types living in the hostel more than once which made me fear mildly for my safety. Thankfully I was put into an all-female room even though I chose mixed. Kind of far out in Kensington.

Needs to be more cleanly, the beds were very uncomfortable. Common areas were poor and wifi was not available in the rooms. Need more outlets.

• 24th May 2014

Smelt of stale smoke. Dirty. Bathrooms were filthy. Toilets were yuk. Bunks were squeaky. Kitchen clean but not much to work with. It might have been the people at the hostel at the time but it was sooooo loud. People talking and drinking until five in the doorms. When asked to move outside they got worse and reception did nothing to help. Great location however :):) my room was cheap so I guess a mattress and roof was all I should have expected.

From India, Iraq, Iceland, and now Bosnia and Herzegovina, West Two is probably the worst hostel I've ever stayed at. While one or two of the staff members are nice, many are unprofessional and inconsiderate. I was woken up at 11pm by a worker changing blankets in my room - shouldn't that have been done, like, during the day? Every bathroom is dirty, and each is missing something, whether it be a sink, mirror, or working utilities. The only bonus is location. Just go somewhere better.

The staff had not really an idea which beds were free, but cleaned them right away as one was still not made at midnight. Not enough plugs to charge phones and by far too less bathrooms. Shower and toilet always together, so you sometimes have to wait for people finishing their showers quite a ling time. But you get what you expect for 8£ in that area. It would not cost a lot to make it look friendlier.

We were impressed with the cleanliness of the room, 3/4 bathrooms (one needs serious renovation) The linen was all fresh...But the whole feel was "more care and attention, and updating" needed. The mattresses sagged,

• 20th May 2014