West Two London Reviews

22-23 Kensington Gardens Square, London, England

1917 Total Reviews

Staff & atmosphere not particularly friendly. But hostel was quite clean and extremely well located. Rooms were tidy and relatively good except for the mattresses which were extremely uncomfortable!

• 19th Sep 2013

We thought that it was a good hostel to go to. It was a great location for us and close to Hyde Park which we enjoyed. The room that we were in was clean and we had fresh sheets through out our stay in London. The bathrooms were relatively clean but very small and not very many of them.

The only thing I wish is that the wifi reached the community room--we didn't mind sitting down there, but the signal was so weak we found ourselves sitting in odd (and inconvenient) places to connect. But, for the price we paid, it was definitely worth it.

• 18th Sep 2013

I spent nearly 2 months in this hostel. It's really a place for people who want to stay longer. It's not as clean/well equiped as the typical traveller's hostel, but if you stay long enough, there's a great atmosphere between guests and the neighborhood is the best in London. The staff can be rude sometimes, but here again, you discover how cool they are on the longer run. The Internet sucks, which is why everyone ends up in the stairway at reception. Security is very more than poor.

I found the staff to be OK. If you treat them with respect, they will do the same for you. I thought that, at this price, the other guests would be a bit dodgy, but they turned out to be OK people, no problem. The place is actually rather clean for such a budget accommodation. They have a nice lounge area with free coffee/tea, which is nice. It is true that the toilet is inconvenient, being on the landing, and they need to get an extra one, but then,t at these prices, how can you complain?

It was lovely, but as always the toilets were slightly unsightly. It was probably due to guest making a mess though.

It's needs more bathrooms

Good, basic rooms

dirty, strage people. no security.

The service was very poor and I found them very unhelpful

• 25th Aug 2013

Nice people at the reception, very helpful. The hostel is clean, the sheets are clean, the staff cleans the whole place 2x a day. The guests are not so clean, that's the problem! The beds are not too comfortable though - mattresses are a bit old. :( Free tea and coffee provided which is great, with milk! :) the location is super central. Overall very positive. Thank you guys.

The place is a bit of a dive

• 23rd Aug 2013

Too many people were hanging around at the entrance to the premises and on the street obstructing the way to the door. This was also causing a distubance as those outside the premises were making a noise which disturbed residents trying to get to sleep, particularly in room 7. The lounge and kitchen are too small and there aren't enough cups. Average place for Central London.

• 22nd Aug 2013

stayed more than once. great for very low budget travellers. I found claims of extreme uncleaniless to be untrue in the dorm rooms. communal areas could be fresher, but did not seem to me to be offensively unclean. they advertise the dorms as completely renovated, and i found the bed and sleeping areas 100% clean. Though the beds were not as comfortable as other hostels. Very friednly staff and friendly vibe among travelers.

The one and only good thing at West Two London is the location. We've been staying there for 3 nights, in a double room: small, dirty, with an old mattress where is impossible to sleep. Thin courtains so at 6.30 am the sun is waking up and you can't sleep no more. No towels and no possibility to hire them, and a weak wifi connection (on the 3rd floor it is impossible to connect it). Bathrooms out of the rooms are dirty and you can find "things" floating on the water... No comment

I didn't really enjoy my stay because I felt that I could not trust in people. Atmosphere was not very friendly.

• 17th Aug 2013

Showers were a bit dirty.

• 17th Aug 2013

The hostel was ok, better than I expected. The good aspect was that the room was clean and tidy, and had fairly good facilities. The thing I didn't like were the shared facilities on the toilets and showers, this was really basic amenity and was always used. Other than that the hostel was good value for money for a place to stay on the very cheap for London.

• China

I was bitten by bed bugs and had to go to see the doctor afterwards! I have stayed at much better hostel with the same price of money! To be fair the location is not bad, but hostel itself looks old and dirty, reception area were mounted with suitcases. Rooms are tiny, you can touch others feet and head on your own bed. Very hot and smelly! Toilets and bathrooms are not bad, I will give them that, but overall, not a pleasant stay and be aware of the BED BUGS

• 16th Aug 2013
  • Hong Kong

The staffs are probably unfriendly because the working environment is so direly decrepit and rundown that it demoralized them greatly..... The very mattress that was provided to sleep on are so very old and overused the spring on it hurts one's body....toilets are so very dirty with no soap provided for hands washing ...I f you are really asking my honest opinion I really do think the whole set up simply needs complete overhaul/refurbishment!!! Yours faithfully, Sofiah

• 16th Aug 2013