West Two London Reviews

22-23 Kensington Gardens Square, London, England

Needs to be more cleanly, the beds were very uncomfortable. Common areas were poor and wifi was not available in the rooms. Need more outlets.

• 24th May 2014

Smelt of stale smoke. Dirty. Bathrooms were filthy. Toilets were yuk. Bunks were squeaky. Kitchen clean but not much to work with. It might have been the people at the hostel at the time but it was sooooo loud. People talking and drinking until five in the doorms. When asked to move outside they got worse and reception did nothing to help. Great location however :):) my room was cheap so I guess a mattress and roof was all I should have expected.

From India, Iraq, Iceland, and now Bosnia and Herzegovina, West Two is probably the worst hostel I've ever stayed at. While one or two of the staff members are nice, many are unprofessional and inconsiderate. I was woken up at 11pm by a worker changing blankets in my room - shouldn't that have been done, like, during the day? Every bathroom is dirty, and each is missing something, whether it be a sink, mirror, or working utilities. The only bonus is location. Just go somewhere better.

The staff had not really an idea which beds were free, but cleaned them right away as one was still not made at midnight. Not enough plugs to charge phones and by far too less bathrooms. Shower and toilet always together, so you sometimes have to wait for people finishing their showers quite a ling time. But you get what you expect for 8£ in that area. It would not cost a lot to make it look friendlier.

We were impressed with the cleanliness of the room, 3/4 bathrooms (one needs serious renovation) The linen was all fresh...But the whole feel was "more care and attention, and updating" needed. The mattresses sagged,

• 20th May 2014

Great Hostel and really helpful and friendly staff. The kitchen has plenty of pots and plate and mugs so you can cook. There's free tea and coffee 24/7 in the dinning room. And there's plenty of toilets and showers about. I had a problem with my laptop while I was there and the guy who worked the night shift was really helpful and sorted it for me. Clean bedding and plenty of space and plugs n the rooms.

Good location, really hot and sweaty in the room though! , bring ear plugs just incase, because I was in a room with 8 people and there was an Italian man who was actually living there permanent, and he snored really bad!!! , just incase your in that room!

• 20th May 2014
  • Scotland

The second we came in we saw it was a drity place, The bathrooms were impossible to use. The floor was terribly dirty. The room was too hot,and the beds were totally uncomfortable. The girl in the receptions was in a bad mood and was not willing to help. I will never recommend this hostel again despite being cheap.

• 17th May 2014
  • Mexico

The hostel staff were incredibly warm and friendly. The room was clean, the bedding lovely and fresh and it is a superb location. An excellent service for such a great price!

• 17th May 2014

The place was nice and centric, and the room also was ok. But the staff is very unpleasant and rude. The bathrooms were quite dirty, they got stuck every day, and the staff didn't worry abou cleaning them!

• 16th May 2014
  • Spain

Hey this was my first time when I stayed at any hostel. Wasn't too sure what to expect. I had a great time, met amazing people. Staff were very understanding and helpful. Will be coming back for sure.

• 15th May 2014
  • Poland

clean rooms, neutral staff, ok location (near Hyde Park and tube stations), coffee and tea free of charge, not noisy, the bed was comfy though !

• 14th May 2014
  • Latvia

I had nice time and here again.

• 13th May 2014
  • Jordan

Dead cheap but really good for what you pay for. The staff were very friendly and helpful, the bed was comfy and the shower was clean.

Staff don't know how to communicate or acting like they don't know how to , I've booked for 2 nights and only pay for 1 reason being I was told over the phone that there was customers parking which was a load of crap because u will need to pay at parking machine or wake up in the morning and move your car before u get a £60 ticket fine , room was stink couldn't sleep because there was this guy in the room making noise , had the light on all the time so for me I'll never go back poor poor poor ..

The hostel was nice, the staff too. the bad point, a little bit small and a poor kitchen but otherwise it was chill out!

The hostel is well located, the satff is kind. We had a double room at the third floor, there is no lift, and the shower did not function properly (not enough pression). The furniture was old but they put clean sheets. It is ok for just a few days.

• 9th May 2014

Nice hostel, specially if you only need a place to sleep! Basically, showers and toilets are clean and functional. The beds and rooms are also clean and the staff is good. They don't have lockers in the rooms but they can kept you belongings in the reception for free (Left mine in the room without any lock and nothing happen) The surrounding area is nice, with a metro station, restaurants, cheap souvenir stores one block away and some touristic attractions really near. Great option, believe me.

The worst place I've stayed, we got the fourth floor and they don't have a lift, the beds make too much noise and they don't have stairs to get up! The toilets are awful and they aren't even in the same floor, luckily we just stayed one night. The only good about it is the location.

There was an incident where a man was sleeping, unaware that he was in someone else's bed who had been sleeping there, from my understanding for a while. The man who was sleeping , it was not his fault as that bed was made fresh and the bed below had been left in a state (basically not changed). The man who seemed to have a London accent was extremely abrupt and quite rude, seemingly not understand that it was not the man's fault. After this incident, I would hope that beds are no numbered.