West Two London Reviews

22-23 Kensington Gardens Square, London, England

The hostel staff were incredibly warm and friendly. The room was clean, the bedding lovely and fresh and it is a superb location. An excellent service for such a great price!

• 17th May 2014

The place was nice and centric, and the room also was ok. But the staff is very unpleasant and rude. The bathrooms were quite dirty, they got stuck every day, and the staff didn't worry abou cleaning them!

• 16th May 2014
  • Spain

Hey this was my first time when I stayed at any hostel. Wasn't too sure what to expect. I had a great time, met amazing people. Staff were very understanding and helpful. Will be coming back for sure.

• 15th May 2014
  • Poland

clean rooms, neutral staff, ok location (near Hyde Park and tube stations), coffee and tea free of charge, not noisy, the bed was comfy though !

• 14th May 2014
  • Latvia

I had nice time and here again.

• 13th May 2014
  • Jordan

Dead cheap but really good for what you pay for. The staff were very friendly and helpful, the bed was comfy and the shower was clean.

Staff don't know how to communicate or acting like they don't know how to , I've booked for 2 nights and only pay for 1 reason being I was told over the phone that there was customers parking which was a load of crap because u will need to pay at parking machine or wake up in the morning and move your car before u get a £60 ticket fine , room was stink couldn't sleep because there was this guy in the room making noise , had the light on all the time so for me I'll never go back poor poor poor ..

The hostel was nice, the staff too. the bad point, a little bit small and a poor kitchen but otherwise it was chill out!

The hostel is well located, the satff is kind. We had a double room at the third floor, there is no lift, and the shower did not function properly (not enough pression). The furniture was old but they put clean sheets. It is ok for just a few days.

• 9th May 2014

Nice hostel, specially if you only need a place to sleep! Basically, showers and toilets are clean and functional. The beds and rooms are also clean and the staff is good. They don't have lockers in the rooms but they can kept you belongings in the reception for free (Left mine in the room without any lock and nothing happen) The surrounding area is nice, with a metro station, restaurants, cheap souvenir stores one block away and some touristic attractions really near. Great option, believe me.

The worst place I've stayed, we got the fourth floor and they don't have a lift, the beds make too much noise and they don't have stairs to get up! The toilets are awful and they aren't even in the same floor, luckily we just stayed one night. The only good about it is the location.

There was an incident where a man was sleeping, unaware that he was in someone else's bed who had been sleeping there, from my understanding for a while. The man who was sleeping , it was not his fault as that bed was made fresh and the bed below had been left in a state (basically not changed). The man who seemed to have a London accent was extremely abrupt and quite rude, seemingly not understand that it was not the man's fault. After this incident, I would hope that beds are no numbered.

Passionate staff and smiley service composed with excellent management of the place and monitoring prices. Solutionism and unparelled focus makes the place one of the best hostels to stay with. Beds on the top floor needs some screw driver:) Warmest Regards P K Mika

the matress is very uncomfortable , otherwise I was very satisfaited.

• 2nd May 2014
  • China

This place was a great place to crash the night, as I did. But I was told my some people who had been there for a month that security of personal belongings wasn't good. Apparently a lot of theft. So be on your guard. Otherwise the place is a typical hostel. Old building, very old mattresses, lots of nationalities, cheap prices but in a great location. Personally I wouldn't spend more than a night there.

The central location is really the only upside to this place. This is not a travellers hostel. In fact it has a rather shabby halfway house feel to it. The fourth floor reeks of mildew and there were not enough toilets or even faucets to wash your hands. There are no lockers and the beds are the most basic and squeak alot. To top it off all the power outlets were jammed(?) and the WiFi really only worked on the first two floors. And I think I'm being lenient here

Rooms were clean, but there were only two toilets which were in constant use. Sometimes you had to wait to use it. Apart from that location is great, 5 min walk to Bayswater station

• 1st May 2014
  • Poland

The hostle was okay, it was clean. But for some reason I find British people are pretty grumpy when they are at work but the strangers you meet on the street are super nice. The service is very average except for the nice french guy who works there. Although we place our bags in the counter it didn't feel safe because they never checked our Id or anything to retrieve it. We could have easily taken other people's stuff. They have different staffs as well.

• 1st May 2014

Not good kitchen facilities.

Some lockable closets or storage baskets; no rearrangement of customer rooms during a stay, or at least a warning or a call before touching customers' property. The rooms are very stuffed with occupants' belongings so some shelves/closets would make it easier. In overall, more security and more convenience in rooms and bathrooms.