West Two London Reviews

22-23 Kensington Gardens Square, London, England

1923 Total Reviews

Nice place and great location, but would need security lockers and some repainting of a moldy showers. The intirior is old but that is ok, just some repeinting.

• 13th Jul 2013
  • Slovenia

The cleaning in this hostel was very bad, the smell in the room was horrible, there is not enough toilets and showers, the staf is not friendly. Apart of the location dont recomend this hostel.

It was the only hostel I found that had space for Friday and Saturday and I booked just 2 days in advance. The staff is not very friendly and there are no lockers in the rooms so you have to leave your luggage at the reception. That means that if you forget to take something that you needed from your luggage you have to do, like in our case, 4 floor stairs. There is a lack of toilets so very often you have to queue just to brush your teeth. The mattresses are incredibly uncomfortable

The staff is very polite and helpfull, im was in a hostel in Amsterdã and there are no comparations, in London people is so polite. Im like West 2 London

The location is ok, near notting hill, but the atmosphere,the staff and the service in general is not.i was in a bedroom with another 7 girls, most of them have been living there for several months,so the room was a whole mess, untidy, smelly and dirty. The other night, the staff took all my things because they made a mistake with my booking, they thought i should have left, so they took all my stuff from my room and put it in a bag. I found everything except for a few cookies.were they Hungry?

It was an okay experience considering the price and all. Wasnt shocked neither suprised by the quality of the beds we slept on. Had to turn the mattress upside down to be able to sleep, or else i would have thrown that mattress out the window coz of frustration and anger. But all in all a lot of east european mad tourists that looked like they have never been on a trip before, that place surely attracts youth and european non speaking tourists.

• 10th Jul 2013
  • Norway

I found it one of the grottiest and most run down hostels in London that I have ever stayed in. Though the location is good, the poor facilities and despite the efforts of the cleaning staff to maintain it,it still looks very run down and VERY basic, with showers and toliets looking primitive and frequently flooded and dirty looking. It is cheap, if that is your main concern, but it does not offer a breakfast like other hostels in the same area, only tea and coffee and I think it is not worth it

• 9th Jul 2013

The mattresses were uncomfortable as the springs stuck out. Payment was in cash only which wasn't specified and sent me on a wild goose chase for a cash machine. The location was brilliant near other hostels and hotels which i wished I was staying in instead. I did not feel comfortable here and although the price was fantastically low I would not go back.

• 8th Jul 2013
  • andrea_mason319

Guy of reception was talking and listening to music too high late at night just beside may room! Non sense on that!

• 7th Jul 2013

Welcome to the worst hostel in London where you will enjoy sleepless nights in uncomfortable beds that squeak so loud they will keep you awake at night, if you can overcome that then the worn out mattresses will surely get you in that you can feel almost every spring!!

No few options left, we ended up booking West Two despite the reviews here. We were actually pretty positively suprised - the staff was very helpful and friendly, the room was pretty big and the location is just great. Minus points are the old squeaky beds, no lockers in the room and the rather old bathrooms/showers. But definitely a good deal for the money, we'd stay there again.

The showers were full of mold. The receptionist slammed into our room at 3am to argue with someone in there. Plugs in the room didn't work.

• 6th Jul 2013

I wrote a question 1 week before arriving by e-mail - no answer, We've got only 1 key for 4 people. Cannot pay the balance by card. Showers are not much clean and there is mold. I have 1,84m and i must be crouched in shower. One toilet with shower went out of order, so there still 2 showers and 1 toilet for a floor. It is cheap for the place but not very good.

-- no breakfast included --room very very small

was located in a beautiful part of london, upon entering staff were rude and cared little about holding a conversation. bathrooms were disgusting and there was way too little of them. ALSO if you are staying in rooms 30 or above, bring your hiking boots as there are 77 stairs to the top floor in which we stayed. Thats 40 steps to go to the toilet at midnight... and back up.. dont reccomend unless very short on cash and dont like street sleeping.

This property is revolting. There is mould on the roof of the showers so if you're taller than one meter you're going to have mouldy hair. There is zero atmosphere and the staff are not friendly at all. We couldn't wait to get out of there and off to our next hostel at St Christopher's Inn London Bridge. The total opposite of this dump.

• 3rd Jul 2013

I've stayed at this hostel plenty times and the only issue I really find is the security. There are no lockers or cctv and everytime I've stayed I've heard about valuables having been stolen.

The worst night sleep i ever had, perhaps not the Hostel's fault but i stayed in an 8 bed dorm with the most outrageous snoring i've ever heard. The building is old and tatty and although i checked in in the afternoon, my bed was not made when i arrived back at 2am, this took half an hour to sort out!! Staff were completely unsympathetic about the snoring, it was bad enough that the culprit should have actually been assigned another room to himself!!!

Hostel with great atmosphere and pleasant personal.

We haven't really seen much of it, as we stayed just one night literally. But the location was good, close to the tube, easy to find, and the kitchen was available around the clock. To the darker side, the room was pretty cold, and the stairs were really narrow - it was difficult to get upstairs with a suitcase.