West Two London Reviews

22-23 Kensington Gardens Square, London, England

Worst hostel i have EVER stayed in! Firstly, this place is so filthy! All the toilets are constantly clogged and stink. They also only have a couple of toilets for many floors. A few times i had to wait about half an hour till i found a free toilet. Rooms are disgusting! Crammed, mould on the walls, crumbs all over the floor. The beds are uncomfortable. They only have two plugs etc in a room of 8!The staff are sooo unfriendly and rude, and the atmosphere is terrible! DO NOT stay here! Seriously!

• 11th Sep 2014

Basic accommodation at a reasonable price

dirty, tight, without cupboard in rooms,

Staff is non professional. No felt welcome at all. Members were asleep on reception desk at midnight when it is advertising reception 24/24, i got my bag side pocket opened and small stuff stolen, i inform the reception, they just denied the fact. Showers can't be worst, dirty and uncomfortable. I left and booked a new hostel on hostelworld. For 2 pounds more, very good hostel a lot more central, right next to london bridge with breakfast included.

• 5th Sep 2014

If you wanna save money... And if you dont care about the bed bugs, go ahead! Good Location, Sleep and go tour. I didnt stay one second instead to sleeping in this hostel. Impossible.

• 5th Sep 2014

Nice hostel, very affordable and convenient, hot showers and relatively clean bathrooms, I was satisfied with my stay. The staff were helpful when i requested for my backpack to be stored even before checking in. On the downside I'm not sure if this hostel has safe storage facilities, e.g. for a laptop. Overall this is definitely one of the better budget hostels I have stayed in London!

We have stayed in hostels all over Europe and this certainly wasnt the worst! Receptionist was helpful. We stayed in a double ensuit room which was very basic but it was clean and fine for only one night. The location is great; Bayswater tube station is less than 5min walk. It is pretty expensive for what you get (we payed £30 each for the night) which for a hostel is expensive but then again it is LONDON! Had no problems at all with this hostel and would recommend it!

Our room was on the top floor, up 6 flights of stairs with no elevator. The toilet in our room was very difficult to flush and smelled bad, and the toilet door was broken and could not be closed. The matress on the bed was hard and you could feel the springs. The place did have Wi-Fi, but it only works outside of the rooms, so you could sit in the common room on the bottom floor to use it. But a lot of guests just sat on the stairs with phones, making it hard to go up and down the stairs.

• 26th Aug 2014

Not as awful as lots of people have said. Indeed some suspicious people were around but more were just ordinary travellers. Toilets, showers and kitchen normally works well in the morning but the condition deteriorate dramatically at night. No safe deposits and after seeing the mountain of luggage in the reception I decided to put my stuffs at somewhere else. If one is determined to stay here, my recommendation is do not pick the lowest price band room. My eight-bedded room was OK after all.

Lo peor la limpieza tanto instalaciones como habitaciones, moqueta de todas las escaleras vimos como aspiraban si pero muy sucia, muchas telas arañas. La seguridad lo peor, edificio antiguo sin salidas de emergencia claras, por zonas parecía apuntalado y las literas algunas sin escaleras para subir y otras sin la barra q protege q no te caigas de la cama de arriba.En concreto de la persona que iba conmigo en el viaje estaba sin ambas y se movía mucho lo q a su vez causaba unos chirridos molestos

I had a lovely time, the housekeeping staff work really efficiently to ensure the kitchen and dormitories are kept really clean. The receptionists are very helpful and are very happy to take care of luggage left with them thank you to Mario and Marco and the rest of the staff.

Terrible experience. You can feel the hundreds of springs in the bed and the pillows are stupidly thin. When your only purpose is to provide accomodation, why wouldnt you at least get that right? Was told the wifi would work in my room but it didnt. The staff were fine then the manager was an a** hole to me. He walked past at the vending machine area at the top of the first stairs and told me I couldnt use my ipad there. I was alone but every other time of the day there was at least 4/5 people.

• 18th Aug 2014

The room was good. Staff is OK but could be nicer. Bathroom is really a problem, often dirty and blocked. I would recommend for a quick stay (max 3 days), you get what you pay for. The location is excellent.

Vantagem deste hostel é definitivamente a localização, junto a estação de metro e jardins do pálácio de Kensington. A desvantagem está relacionada com a limpeza dos WC e dos próprios quartos e não existência de WIFI dentro dos quartos (as pessoas têm de ficar nas escadas do hotel, junto às casas de banho para terem acesso). Aconselho a raparigas que viajam sozinhas a escolher o quarto de raparigas (não aconselho a ficarem em quartos mistos).

• 12th Aug 2014
  • Portugal

Upon arrival of this hostel, we were greeted by not one but two rude members of staff. We could not check in on arrival, given that we were early. The staff were less than helpful and inconsiderate of traveller's needs. When we finally did check in, the room was not as it appeared in the photos (3 years old pics we found out). The two showers were substandard and that one toilet on our level was out of order. This is the worst hostel we have ever seen! Ever! And the staff are exceptionally rude!

Great staff they really let you feel like your home. There are a lot of people but it's not crowded. Above all young people. Maybe there's the need of more showers, and a big fridge in the kitchen. The dining and the living spaces are good and comfortable. The location is marvelous!

The rooms were very clean, but the toilet, shower, and kitchen facilities were just average. There are also no lockers in the bedrooms, although only the room residents have keys, so you cannot leave any valuables at all when you aren't in the room. Their fix for this is charging 1 pound a day per bag to leave it behind the receptionist, and when I checked in, I saw a mountain of bags behind the desk.

• 7th Aug 2014

Great people, cool staff, nice lounge

Simple hostel, nothing fancy but perfect for a short stay. Funky architecture, friendly staff, perfect for a cheapish, comfortable enough night.

• 2nd Aug 2014
  • Zimbabwe

Bonjour, je crois que le personnel de l'hostel fait de son mieux pour garder les lieux propres malgré la vetusté, alors que les utilisateurs ne font aucun effort pour maintenir les lieux dans un état correct.

• 1st Aug 2014