Westend City Hostel Reviews

Fuegergasse 3, 1060, Vienna, Austria

That was clean and near to metro station. But u must give money for everything.(linen,towel,washingmachine)

Very bad WiFi signal in the rooms

I had a problem with the hostel. We made a reservation for 8 people in my name, and as usual,we payed the 12% Deposit for the reservation. Was only one night and the price was 15 euro per person per night, so the total was 120 euros, the deposit was 14,40 euros WITH taxes included and NO service charge. We should only pay 105,60 euros when we arrived, but they told us the deposit went straight to Hostel World and we had to pay for all the reservation PLUS our sheets, so it was 121,60 PLUS 14,40.

• 15th Nov 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

good place

The hostel has a good location, next to the subway station. Also, there is a kitchen with fridge and microwave that we could use, which is very good. The common areas are good, but the room not so much. The shower didn't had hot water one night. Also, there were only four wall sockets, away from the beds, for 8 people, in the bedroom that I stayed. It's not worth the money. Wouldn't come back.

The only thing I did not like was that they charged you more money for the sheets and towels. I thought it was cheap at first, but after being charged everything the price was almost doubled.

• 22nd Oct 2014

lots of additional "hidden" fees. atmosphere basically non existent. wifi SUCKS

• 19th Oct 2014

overall a very great place, location and budget-wise perfect considering that this is Vienna. Staff friendly and helpful. Will come again.

No hot water...not once over a 4 day stay Wifi didnt stretch beyond the common room which was too small for the size of the hostel 4 Euro breakfast was a joke having to pay for cheese and meat as extras Staff were cold and unhelpful Absolutely no atmosphere, no activities with others set up, pub crawl, dinners etc etc The cleaning team deserves praise though as it was always spotlessly clean

Dear Guest, we have some temporary problems with the hot water. Our plumber is going to solve the problem. However, there is warm water.Our breakfast includes freshly catered bread, jam, Nutella, honey, tea butter, cheese spread, liver spread, cereal, tea, coffee and milk. For you there was additional sausage, cheese and orange juice. We set up free WIFI only in the common area so that the guests get together. The guests sleeping in a dorm room do not want to be disturbed. A pub is next door.

Hostel was ok but lacked atmosphere as had a small common room which was the only place anyone could get wifi.As no one talked and were just on their phones. Didn't enjoy my stay here and was glad I only stayed for 2 nights

Wifi only at the reception floor, only one toilet and shower in every room of 10 beds!

Great hostel. Very near station. Small kitchen But clean,safe and everything you need for a couple of nights

I really enjoyed my stay and can only recommend the place.

• 25th Sep 2014
  • Austria

Stayed here one night during a quick stopover. Hostel room was clean enough and the bed was decent. Great location right around the corner from the main shopping street. Wifi was a bit sketchy at times, and you might want to note the hostel only accepts cash!

Great place and very friendly staff. Loved it and would definitely stay there again. Completely recommended

The area around the hostel is quite expensive and the hostel staff doesnt really look who goes in. Some Australian girls brought one night stands to our room from the bar and that was quite... annoying. Other than that the hostel is good and there is everything you need.

Really easy directions from the train station. Staff was very accommodating when we changed our original reservation (it was for 2 nights for 2 people, but my friend left a night early). Because of the change in reservation, the cleaning crew accidentally cleaned my bed and took my sheets the next day. No worries, was given a new set. Would have been nice if the ensuite bathroom had hand soap. Other than that, good stay and helpful staff.

• 10th Sep 2014

Friendly staff and nice people around.

• 6th Sep 2014
  • Vietnam

The bathroom could at least have soap in it. Otherwise: great

Located close to west banhof on a quiet street. There is a main shopping street nearby and lots of affordable places to eat. It was easy to navigate around the city and is close to a metro station if you get tired of walking. The staff was friendly. Clean hostel.Nice place.

« first « Prev 1 2 3