Westend City Hostel Reviews

Fuegergasse 3, 1060, Vienna, Austria

overall a very great place, location and budget-wise perfect considering that this is Vienna. Staff friendly and helpful. Will come again.

No hot water...not once over a 4 day stay Wifi didnt stretch beyond the common room which was too small for the size of the hostel 4 Euro breakfast was a joke having to pay for cheese and meat as extras Staff were cold and unhelpful Absolutely no atmosphere, no activities with others set up, pub crawl, dinners etc etc The cleaning team deserves praise though as it was always spotlessly clean

Dear Guest, we have some temporary problems with the hot water. Our plumber is going to solve the problem. However, there is warm water.Our breakfast includes freshly catered bread, jam, Nutella, honey, tea butter, cheese spread, liver spread, cereal, tea, coffee and milk. For you there was additional sausage, cheese and orange juice. We set up free WIFI only in the common area so that the guests get together. The guests sleeping in a dorm room do not want to be disturbed. A pub is next door.

Hostel was ok but lacked atmosphere as had a small common room which was the only place anyone could get wifi.As no one talked and were just on their phones. Didn't enjoy my stay here and was glad I only stayed for 2 nights

Wifi only at the reception floor, only one toilet and shower in every room of 10 beds!

I really enjoyed my stay and can only recommend the place.

• 25th Sep 2014
  • Austria

Stayed here one night during a quick stopover. Hostel room was clean enough and the bed was decent. Great location right around the corner from the main shopping street. Wifi was a bit sketchy at times, and you might want to note the hostel only accepts cash!

Great place and very friendly staff. Loved it and would definitely stay there again. Completely recommended

The area around the hostel is quite expensive and the hostel staff doesnt really look who goes in. Some Australian girls brought one night stands to our room from the bar and that was quite... annoying. Other than that the hostel is good and there is everything you need.

Really easy directions from the train station. Staff was very accommodating when we changed our original reservation (it was for 2 nights for 2 people, but my friend left a night early). Because of the change in reservation, the cleaning crew accidentally cleaned my bed and took my sheets the next day. No worries, was given a new set. Would have been nice if the ensuite bathroom had hand soap. Other than that, good stay and helpful staff.

• 10th Sep 2014

Friendly staff and nice people around.

• 6th Sep 2014
  • Vietnam

The bathroom could at least have soap in it. Otherwise: great

Located close to west banhof on a quiet street. There is a main shopping street nearby and lots of affordable places to eat. It was easy to navigate around the city and is close to a metro station if you get tired of walking. The staff was friendly. Clean hostel.Nice place.

I stayted there for three nights, I have a relative good time with the room mates. However, in the room, there are only four plugs, it is really not enough. There are bad smell at the kitchen. The location is near the railway station but far away from the old town. I mean, it is acceptable but not satisfy.

Despite quite a negative first impression (one very unfriendly and unhelpful staff member - but the only one out of three other lovely ones), I enjoyed my stay in the hostel. Quite young atmosphere but with good facilities and lockers and storage rooms. Kitchen is very small but functional. One helpful improvemement would be to have a list of things going on day to day in Vienna.

perfect location, 2-minute walking from the station and very central , very nice staff. the breakfast was nice and cheap. all in all a perfect place to stay!

• 15th Aug 2014

The room was clean and hostel well-located near a train station and metro stop. I got assigned the room right at the front of the building next to the main entrance and there were some chatty people outside at night despite the signs posted that ask people not to gather there after 10 pm. Interestingly, the primary perpetrator both nights was one of the very extroverted (and nice!) staff who should have been asking people to disperse instead of holding conversations outside our window.

We stayed in two hostels in Vienna Westend and Do Step Inn the second one was way way better, without much difference in price.

Recomandable place! Nice loaction and kind staff! Nothing much to say! Just book for it

It is a nice hostel, security was normal i felt safe. Little bit far from inner city but every hostel is like that. Really close to westbahnof and metro so yiu can go easily to inner city. Generally i enjoyed my stay j would recommend this place. Only down thing was that toilet at the room was not that nice but it could be my roommates' fault too.

Decent stay. Nice rooms. Small lounge. Close to train station but not city center. Value for money is good.

« first « Prev 1 2 3