Westend City Hostel Reviews

Fuegergasse 3, 1060, Vienna, Austria

It's okay. Location is far from the centre, but on the plus side, the Habsburg palace is very close by so you can visit it early before everyone else does. Wifi only works in the common room.

In general this hostel is okay, but nothing more than that. It provides the essential with clean rooms, but there is nothing extra. The breakfast is a little light, especially considering it's not included in the basic price.

• 12th Jul 2014

Staff was super helpful and really friendly, and there's a really great terrace. Only downside is that it isn't too central, but it's easy and quick to metro into town

Loud German tour group planning in my dorm at 7AM soured my experience.

The instruction of the location should be more details that shown at the website of Hostelworld. This helps guests find out the hostel more easy. There were very noise from 10pm to 1am because a group of people ( staff of hostel may be one or two of them ) talked loudly at the main entrance. I could not sleep well. I gave comment about it when I was checking out. The staff just said a party. I answered that I had stayed for three nights but very noisy every night. He didn't say any more.

If you are going to stay in Wien, stay here. This hostel is amazing. We made so many friends in the common room and the staff are above excellence, especially George who made us more than welcome. Cannot praise this place or its staff enough. 10/10 would....no, WILL stay here again! - Jordan and James.

• 30th Jun 2014

Literally across the road from the station, but about a 25 minute walk from the best parts of Vienna. Nice staff, clean but no atmosphere, maybe we stayed on a quiet night though. Middle of the road

The hostel is on a relly great location in a city center and 3 min from metro station. People on the reception desk always in good mood and very helpful. Room and bathroom were really clean all the time, so everything was okay!

GREAT LOCATION; is very easy to find and close of the most famous sightseeing. The rooms were very clean and each has its own bahtroom. The staff is very helpful and frendlyteam. the commonarea is quite cosy.

• 13th Jun 2014

A little noisy and did not have a bar, so lacked that socializing aspect. Clean and comfortable.

Nice sized ensuite rooms. Near train station, 20 minute walk to centre. There was an issue with water during my stay which meant cold showers only. Breakfast is basic - give it a miss if not included.

The showers ran out of hot water very early in the evening. Also because charging points were either in inconvenient locations in the dorms themselves or there were just a few, most of the people would charge their phones right outside the dorm where the charging points are. However because of this they tend to leave the dorm room doors open. It might have been just the people I happened to stay with at that point, but still dorm security was compromised. Bring a good lock for their big lockers.

Staff was extra friendly and helpful!

The eletric sockets are all placed near the door of my room that is so inconvenient. Also quality of facilities are average. Staff did not try to offer info on the city too.

Perfect hostel! Staff are incredibly friendly, as was everyone else we stayed with. Other guests were respectful, no one being too rowdy in the rooms. The WiFi only works in the common room but that wasn't a huge problem for us.

• 15th May 2014

Location was great, it's near to the train station (5 minutes walk) and really near the metro (3 mins walk). Wifi was working, but not in the room. I usually don't mind this, but in the case, the common area was kind of small with no tables (only couch), so it is quite hard for me to do research on where to go on my laptop. Luckily, there was one table with charging point just outside my room. Toilet was clean, so that's a plus.

if you walk out the front door, turn left and walk to the end of the road there's a small pizza and kebab place that make great food for cheap.

• 2nd May 2014
  • New Zealand

bathrooms were not cleaned in my two days stay. the lockers were not locked, but they were just box without locks. they asked me to purchase padlocks for 3 euros. As the lockers were without locks, nobody was there to ensure safety of luggage unless I purchase the padlock and lock the luggage. the website said breakfast included, but it was not. they could have specified for shared dorms , breakfast is not included.

• 19th Apr 2014
  • India

You stayed in a 8-bed room for an average price of about 19, - EUR per night . When booking on our homepage breakfast and bed linen are included for a higher price. Our housekeepers clean daily all rooms. We can´t be held responsible for the state of the rooms after the cleaning staff hast left the room. We offer free safes in the lounge, where you can store your valuables. In an 8-bed room every one is responsible for his own valuables.

Good, but some trouble with the wifi. No free breakfast if you book through hostelbookers and not their website, but they'll usually give you a breakfast card without checking. Excellent pub Känguruh nearby

The receptionist was very nice and helped me print out my e-tickets! The 8-bed female dorm was fully occupied, the girls were all reasonably quiet and nice. The cleanliness was okay. There are bed sheets and a breakfast buffet included in the price. You have free wi-fi everywhere in the hostel. It's a two minute walk to the nearest subway and train station Westbahnhof, from where you can get to Stephansplatz aka City Center in 7 minutes.

• 11th Apr 2014