Westend City Hostel Reviews

Fuegergasse 3, 1060, Vienna, Austria

Great position, close to the metro station and to the city center. We had to pay for bed sheets, towels and breakfast. Cool to have reception open 24/7

The hostel is great, but should have internet in the rooms. The price for shared rooms is also a bit expensive.

• 2nd Jan 2015

No hot water, only warm water! And it is a little cold in the night because the heater didn't work well. The rest is good. And the location is excellent.there is a underground nearby so it's convenient to go around the city.

Good location, basic kitchen, the overnight person at the reception was a bit cranky /rude....but the rest were awesome and helpfull, internet was 6/10 but it worked

Everything was great.. We would love to comeback to this hostel.. Highly recommended..

The room wasn't much more than a hallway and though there was a bathroom and shower for four people it was right next to the beds so you couldn't use them with any kind of privacy. Everything seemed to cost extra (even just using the computers). I suppose the only benefit was that I wanted to be as far away from the hostel as possible so it got me out and sight seeing easier. WiFi was horrible. I haven't stayed at any other hostel in Vienna and they are all pricey so it may be a Vienna problem

If you like a hot shower or wifi, this is not the hostel for you. None of the days I had a hot shower, the water was freezing... took a cold shower every single day. Internet doesn't work. tinny kitchen to use doesn't worth what I paid.

Don't have hot water in the showers. Dirty and too small kitchen. Bad staff.

Dear guest! Thank you for your review. During your stay we had some temporary issues with the main boiler. We want to apologize for any inconvenience caused and are happy to inform you that everything has been fixed :) Your Westend Team

The water to take shower is too cold, and Wi-Fi don't work correctly.

The hot water was over in the 2 days I was there. I took cold baths. The WiFi was really slow and would always took a long time to connect, between 15 and 60min. Sometimes it didn't work in the bedrooms, only in the stairs and in the living room. When we complained to the attendant about the water and the WiFi, he just told us that there was nothing he could do. A positive thing was the location, really close to restaurants, bakerys and a metro station.

• 23rd Dec 2014

No warm showers what so ever. The staff was ok... Kitchen only had a microwave but that was better than nothing. The common room was very small and over crowded. Not the best place to meet people. Ok hostel but I wouldn't stay again

nice hostel. breakfast is ok, internet not very reliable. laundry expensive

Handy to the main train station and city. Water was warm at best and usually cold showers. Breakfast was well below average and over priced. The communal area was small and not a lot going on. Had to pay extra for a tiny towel and bedding. Most staff were friendly but i would not stay here again.

That was clean and near to metro station. But u must give money for everything.(linen,towel,washingmachine)

Very bad WiFi signal in the rooms

I had a problem with the hostel. We made a reservation for 8 people in my name, and as usual,we payed the 12% Deposit for the reservation. Was only one night and the price was 15 euro per person per night, so the total was 120 euros, the deposit was 14,40 euros WITH taxes included and NO service charge. We should only pay 105,60 euros when we arrived, but they told us the deposit went straight to Hostel World and we had to pay for all the reservation PLUS our sheets, so it was 121,60 PLUS 14,40.

• 15th Nov 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Dear guest! Thank you for your review. Upon arrival we charged EUR 105,60 + EUR 16,- (bed sheets à EUR 2,-) = EUR 121,60. The deposit of EUR 14,40 was already deducted and not charged by us! Your Westend Team

good place

The hostel has a good location, next to the subway station. Also, there is a kitchen with fridge and microwave that we could use, which is very good. The common areas are good, but the room not so much. The shower didn't had hot water one night. Also, there were only four wall sockets, away from the beds, for 8 people, in the bedroom that I stayed. It's not worth the money. Wouldn't come back.

The only thing I did not like was that they charged you more money for the sheets and towels. I thought it was cheap at first, but after being charged everything the price was almost doubled.

• 22nd Oct 2014

lots of additional "hidden" fees. atmosphere basically non existent. wifi SUCKS

• 19th Oct 2014