Westend City Hostel Reviews

Fuegergasse 3, 1060, Vienna, Austria

I had my bed given away on the second night. When I told the front desk he argued with me and told me that was impossible. I reassured him that someone had put their stuff my bed and claimed it as their own. I was then woken up by an angry guest who had thought that I had taken their bed. We both talked to the front desk and was given an attitude and said it wasn't their falt.

• 23rd Jul 2015

I stayed there for 1 day. The location of the hostel is good but there is not even a fan in the rooms. I was there on 21st of July and the weather was like 38C, my room was on the 3rd floor and during day time it was like a boiler. Although I complained to the staff and they did arrange a pedestal fan for me.

Don't be deceived by the kitchen looking thing in the common room.. It's not a kitchen.. Just a giant cooler. Other than that our stay was good. We had a mix up with dates and they were helpful. Rooms were relatively spacious for a 10 bed dorm. It was clean and in a really good location. Wifi was awful and only worked in common room.

Very good hostel, where I met really nice people! The closest from the Westbahnhof but a quiet place!

What it s missing it s a youth atmosphere...for the rest it s fine

Hostel was nice and clean. Serious issues with wifi. Practically nonexistent, unable to connect in the hostel at all. Other than that it was a decent stay.

• 13th Jul 2015

Room too small & crowded for two people and fan does not work unless main light is on. Terrible in a heat wave!! Staff friendly.

• 10th Jul 2015

It was a nice room. Very clean.

Wifi didn't work, great location and facilities.

Directions weren't quite clear but that is mainly due to the layout of the city between the station and the hostel. No problems with the hostel. Right next to the metro system and only a few stops from the main attractions of Vienna.

Good hostel. Conveniently located near Westbanhoff train station, and right next to Mariahillfer St., from where you can walk, bike or catch a subway to old town. Beds are ok and bathrooms are clean. Breakfast for 4 euros is very good. Wifi is bad at bedrooms but ok at common spaces. They have laundry for 8 euros, which is ok. Staff are Ok, not the most friendly ever, but ok. For the price, totally recommended.

I've stayed here previously and had a decent time. So, I decided to stay again. Unfortunately, for the duration of my stay, the Internet was not working. I often work while traveling and require Internet to do so. The staff was rude about the situation & provided the same tired, rehearsed answer anytime someone questioned the problem. If you need Internet for work or booking your travels, do not stay here. This is unacceptable by today's standards. They shouldn't advertise free WiFi.

Dear Guest, Beside our free WIFI, we offer one computerterminal for free. We are next to Mariahiferstrasse, which provides free Wifi. Next MC Donald with free Wifi is within 5 min Walking distance. No Free Wifi (free of charge) can cover your business requirements. There are 15 people and many suppliers working for our Hostel all around the clock to make you a pleasant stay. We try our best to improve our services for our guests.

This was one of the most unpleasant stays in years of travel. First, your directions were inaccurate: from the Erdberg International Bus Terminal there is no U3, only a U2, on which you must transfer to another line to get to Westbahnhof. Then, again the directions are inaccurate. One must go to the Europlatz, cross it on the right side of this immense space, and then take the second right (Millersgasse) not the first as you instructed. Arriving late, tired and hungry. . .(continued below). .

No wifi in the rooms not enough powerpoints in the rooms Very close to the main train station tho

Nice place to stay

I thought it was a fantastic place, had everything you needed. The staff were incredibly helpful. I lost my phone in a different country and had to buy a new phone in Vienna and one of the staff was kind enough to translate the language of the phone back in English, which was a long and lengthy process! Only reason I rate atmosphere as good was because the common area was very WI-FI orientated, rather than social! But could have just have been the group of people I was around.

• 2nd Jun 2015

Only the wifi is not working while you need to check something important, other than that everything is cool and nice.

Good location, very convenient metro get access to all the attraction part. But need to work out a little more for WIFI, but the staff are really helpful and friendly. Would come back again if there any chance.

It's average. Biggest turn off is that there's an old guy staying in our room. Shouldn't there be an age limit or something? Location wise, it's near the west bahnhof, so that's handy.

The location of the hostel is very convenient. The staff is also very friendly and the amenities are good. But there were no free lockers in the room. Also charging individually for bed linen is a bit over the top. Why not include it in the hostel fee? But these are very small issues. I liked the overall feel of the hostel. I would definitely recommend it to anyone visiting Vienna.