Westend City Hostel Reviews

Fuegergasse 3, 1060, Vienna, Austria

Great location, lovely spacious rooms and helpful staff !

Was really nice, clean and the staff were really friendly! Breakfast included was really nice every morning and good location right next to Westbahnhof. The wifi was bad only get it on the ground floor when most rooms were higher floors and only a microwave, fridge and kettle in kitchen area. Otherwise was really nice

Very nice, calm and peaceful hostel, very easy to get everywhere from there and perfect price!

Hostel was in a good location and pretty clean. There was a pretty high level of security and big lockers for all your bags which was easier to store stuff as well as every room having a key card entry. There was little to no atmosphere and the staff kept themselves very much to themselves. The rooms were also unbearably hot with no fan in them.

Need to sort the wifi. Travellers today are very reliant upon wifi, whether that be for organising day trips or future destinations. Wifi doesn't work in the rooms and is very temperamental in other areas of the hostel which massively decreases the quality of what could be a very good hostel

nice staff , good location walk to train station Westmanof for 5 min . Everything good

very helpful staff and a nice air conditioned common room. quite strict but still had fun here! had to pay for bedding which is annoying. Also great showers.

Big hotel converted into a hostel. Diverse guests of ALL ages.. Kitchen/common room seemed more of an after thought. Maybe 5-10 people using it on an average night I was there (100+ in the hostel total) Reliable and priced ok if you need a place.. if you're looking for a more youth hostel environment though, Vienna has better options (that fill up in the summer months) I'd come back if I needed a spot in a pinch, but with some planning I'd stay somewhere else.

Stayed in a twin-bedroom, had everyting you need and was clean. The breakfast ist nothing special, but at least included so you can't say much... The location is very good, only 4 min to Westbahnhof and it lies on a busy shopping road that leads directly to the center. For Wi-Fi, you have to log in every time you enter the hostel, but it works fine.

The Hostel is located in a quiet area, close the Wien Ostbahnhof. You can easily reach the centre of the city by public transport. The atmosphere in the hostel is not the best, but the rooms are clean and the staff is welcoming.

Good location, right by the West Bahnhof with a couple of signs pointing towards it. Fairly friendly staff, clean rooms. Breakfast is an additional 4 euro per day but there is a grocery store right around the corner so go shopping and save money. I got a tub of yogurt and some muesli (granola mix) for 4 euro that lasted me 4 days. The wifi is unreliable but w/e.

I had my bed given away on the second night. When I told the front desk he argued with me and told me that was impossible. I reassured him that someone had put their stuff my bed and claimed it as their own. I was then woken up by an angry guest who had thought that I had taken their bed. We both talked to the front desk and was given an attitude and said it wasn't their falt.

We enjoyed our stay but we struggled with the lack of air conditioning. It was so hot in the room, we could barely sleep! A few fans would have been wonderful! We did have to purchase our towels and rent sheets which was a little disappointing. I am sure it was in the fine print but we didn't have to do that at any other hostels so it was just unexpected. The staff was nice about it and gave us the sheets complimentary which we appreciated. Overall not much interaction between guests.

I stayed there for 1 day. The location of the hostel is good but there is not even a fan in the rooms. I was there on 21st of July and the weather was like 38C, my room was on the 3rd floor and during day time it was like a boiler. Although I complained to the staff and they did arrange a pedestal fan for me.

Don't be deceived by the kitchen looking thing in the common room.. It's not a kitchen.. Just a giant cooler. Other than that our stay was good. We had a mix up with dates and they were helpful. Rooms were relatively spacious for a 10 bed dorm. It was clean and in a really good location. Wifi was awful and only worked in common room.

Very good hostel, where I met really nice people! The closest from the Westbahnhof but a quiet place!

not much forks and knifes to use and need a fun in the rooms for summer. The rest was perfect!

What it s missing it s a youth atmosphere...for the rest it s fine

Hostel was nice and clean. Serious issues with wifi. Practically nonexistent, unable to connect in the hostel at all. Other than that it was a decent stay.

• 13th Jul 2015

The hostel was a bit further out from the centre of Vienna than we thought but still only a 20 min walk or 2 min metro journey! Super clean and great toilets/showers/kitchen - no hob or oven here though! The staff were super friendly and really good at telling us where to go and not to go! Definitely recommend!