Western Beach Lodge Reviews

6 Westborough St, Scarborough, Perth, Australia

This was the best hostel we stayed in while we were in Australia (and we stayed in a fair few!). When we arrived everyone was super friendly and the atmosphere in general was really good. The private room we had was spacious, clean and the air conditioning unit kept us cool at night. The kitchen and bathrooms were really clean too. In terms of location it couldn't be much better, a short walk to the beach and a bus from the end of the road goes right into the city.

• 20th Apr 2015

The place was just what I needed for a short stay near the beach, my family and friends.The international guests, who were much younger than me were a delight to be around at the lodge and I have collected some contact details for them in France, Germany and other places overseas. Just the sort of place where I can stay when necessary to go from my home to Perth which is 150 km away.

• 9th Apr 2015

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. Good to hear you enjoyed yourself and you're welcome back any time!!

Nice place right by the beach! Getting to anywhere else in perth can be a bit of work just due to the location, you have to bus back to the CBD before you can connect to wherever you are off to.Friendly staff and long term guests are welcoming as well.

Thanks for the review. We try our best to make our guests feel welcome!!

Good location once you know what to expect-no town centre nearby but shops

• 18th Mar 2015

Thanks for your review - we are close to the beach with bars and restaurants. Also, there is public transport 2 mins walk away, which takes you to the city in 20 mins. Hopefully you enjoyed your stay with us.

Great stay at Western Beach Lodge, family atmosphere and Mark is helpful and friendly.

Thank you for the great review of Western Beach Lodge!!

The owner is very forth coming and even have me a bed to sleep before I could normally sign in. Very highly recommended.

Thanks for your positive review - we do try!!

Good hostel overall. But when we got there we did not get the room we had booked with ensuite bathroom and we really did'nt get any reason why. Quite strange manager at this hostel.

Thanks for the review - apologies we could not give you the room you booked, there was a mix-up on the internet booking site. We did try to compensate by giving you a double room and free wifi. Hopefully you enjoyed the rest of your holiday.

The hostel is nothing but a party house for long term renters. The girls dorm bathroom is overrun with cosmetics and products all over. No one ever locks the door of room. Patios are right outside from dorm rooms, so hear absolutely everything that goes on. A lot of fun and laughs if you are looking for a party hostel. If you need a rest, definitely look elsewhere you won't get it here. No staff after 9pm so it's like these long timers own the place! 5- 10 minute walk to beach!

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback. We're sad to hear that your stay was not a positive one, however, we can learn from your review.

Great Location & NiteLife, Walk to the Beach, Scarborough RoX !

Great place to start a vacation. Location is second to none. Couldn't ask for a better place to relax

• 13th Jan 2015

Good to hear you had a relaxing time at WBL.

Mark and his wife were very kind and helpful in every way. I'm sure they will have great success in their new business. If in the area I would stay here again. /Cheers Carina - Sweden

Wonderful to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! Please visit again!

what a fantastic hostel, free rental of boogey boards, justb $10 for great surf boards, a great tv room and 2 outdoor aress to have drinks before a big night out. Mark the owner is very helpful and knowledgeable. I loved my time there so much that I wanted to come back for a weekend but it was booked out! so book early! Scarborough beachvwas fab too. overall it was a great stay

Wonderful to hear you enjoyed staying with us - hopefully you can stay again in the future.

its a very nice hostel with an very nice atmosphere, you can chill on a couch outside and enjoy the beach 4 min by walk

Good to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Thanks for the comments.

Internet was $5 a day and there weren't lockers provided for everyone. Beach was only 5 minutew away :)

• 14th Nov 2014

Thank you for your feedback. We have increased our locker capacity since you stayed with us.