Westway Hotel & Hostel La Guardia New York Reviews

71-11 Astoria Boulevard, New York, New York, USA

Not a great location and the 7 dollar extra tax they don't tell you about is a pain. It was clean however and quite cheap for New York. Good if you just need a place to crash, bad if you want the typical "Euro Hostel" feel.

• 12th Apr 2014

I don't think you will ever find a place that's as cheap as this one in NYC. Is not in the heart of Manhattan, but it takes about 20 minutes to get into the city, and that is not bad at all considering is really close to the airport. Over all nice stay here.

• 9th Apr 2014

I was comfortable here, it was pretty cheap, but definitely clean, staff was friendly and helpful, not far at all from the airport and it's actually pretty easy to get into Manhattan. I recommend you to stay!

• 9th Apr 2014
  • Mexico

I have stayed here twice now and both times were very positive experiences. People were very respectful, it was quiet (except for that typical New York traffic), the rooms were clean, and I felt very safe.

• 5th Apr 2014

Way off subway line. After I moved in to bed, came back late that night and my bed was taken. I had to wait for them to clean a bed for a while. And then the next morning, they wouldn't give me a refund for the night that my assigned bed wasn't available, or the remaining nights!! And they acted like a manager wasn't around when I wanted to discus the issue. BOOK SOMEWHERE ELSE!!

• 3rd Apr 2014
  • Niger

It was just like hotel facilities with a dorm room lay out. Perfect for a short stay if you have itinerary planned and don't need to make any friends to do something with.

it was really clean and security hostel, there is close to la guardia airport, if you use other airports so ıt might be little far for you ... wi fi is little bit problem....

As a hostel, I would expect activities and animation to get to know each other. So if you're new in town and want to make friends, that's probably not the place for it. Make sure you check your towel upon arrival, as I found mine nicely folded on my bed ... with a nasty fresh stain. Someone used it and left it on the bed. Lucky I checked. The lockers in the room are too small to fit luggages. Bring your lock or you'll get charged 5$ at the reception. Price is a bit high for this place. Average.

• 26th Mar 2014

The location, 10 minutes from La Guardia Airport was brilliant!! Plus being near a bus stop that directly connects you to Manhattan, the price was tremendously reasonable. The rooms and shower rooms were cleaned everyday, which made it very comfortable. Since there is a very big self-catering kitchen, a super market 15 minutes away on foot, I strongly recommend you to cook for your self if you want to save money. The staff are friendly and helpful. If I go to NY again, I will definitely use this

Nice place, friendly staff, and location is not bad at all. Really close to the airport, and if you take the bus to the city is actually faster than the train, and the view crossing the bridge is amazing!!!! specially at night!

• 21st Mar 2014

This place was great! Cozy bed, clean bathrooms, kitchen clean, rooms were spacious, front desk was friendly. Close to the airport and Manhattan, that is a huge plus for me. Cheap.

• 20th Mar 2014
  • Guam

We came for spring break. Really close to the airport, it took us 10 minutes to get there and to go to Manhattan it was about 20 minutes. It was really safe around there as we always came back around 2, 3 am in the morning (YOLO!) The rooms were clean and had enough space for all our luggage! and own bathroom. ohhh and cheap!! (We are not rich!)

• 20th Mar 2014
  • Bouvet Island

I love this place , this was my second visit but this time I came when it was cold in New York which was like death because i'm from Georgia and the heat in the room wasn't high as it should be but the staff was pleased to give us extra blankets. The roommates was great we meet awesome people. The staff are overly helpful room always clean .water runs really hot++ I love the the fact that the bus stop is a 5min walk and run by every 5-10mins. Westway my go-to place when i come to NY

the truth is that we were seen very bad place to start is far from everything, but none of Manhattan must take minimum a collective and a train to move. The kitchen is located in another building across the street so you have to leave the room and cross the street to have breakfast, cooking, etc.. and not very good when it's cold and rainy, the days were very cold towards the kitchen and when we complained we had NO response, they ignored us. Wifi is wrong and the hot bath water too!

Will never go back...

I stayed there for 3 Nights for an longer stopover for my next flight. If you have been to NY before this hostel is a good value for money so might be a good choice for you. If you are visiting for the first time it's propably to far away from Downtown Manhattan 'cause it need at least an 45 Min. Train ride to get there and another 30 Min. walk to the subway 10 Min. by bus. The kitchen is well equipt and the rooms and bathrooms are very clean. But i missed a real Hostel feeling.

Not a good place to meet people.

If you sleep on the side of the building anot next to the 9 lanes of the affic it's fine.

• 25th Feb 2014

This hostel is great if you just want somewhere to crash near the airport. Get the M60 bus from the end of the yellow subway here (I walked which was a mistake). The staff are friendly enough but the hostel has no atmosphere and is a bit far from all the attractions. The security is a bit dodgy, there's no luggage storage, I just had to leave my case in the hallway till the room was ready.

Great value for the price. Had a nice stay here :)

• 23rd Feb 2014