Westway Hotel & Hostel La Guardia New York Reviews

71-11 Astoria Boulevard, New York, USA

I love this hostel! I've stayed here twice now and I can honestly say that it's great. I was a female solo traveller and I thought the 24 hours reception was great and secure. The rooms are lovely - I have stayed in quite a few hostels and these rooms are hotel-standard. they are always clean, cool from the AC and my room had a max of 4 people staying. The hostel comes with a great kitchen and there is wifi everywhere that actually works!! I would really recommend this place :)

• 17th Sep 2014

Staff was Late to work creating a 90 Minutes wait for us one morning. When I checked in I was charged 67.00 more for taxes???, The place right beside the Freeway, not much sleep those nights. Worst Hostel I've ever been in. Sorry but it was BAD! Really old hotel converted to rooms. I had reserved a 6 bed room, Per the website, got there and was broken up into 2 groups, NOT good for a group traveling together.

• 16th Sep 2014

This was a really good hostel for the price. It was really clean and secure. Had a good kitchen. It was relatively quiet. My window was open to the highway so there was a lot of noise from the traffic, but used earplugs and slept just fine. Beds were clean and comfortable. Was handy to get to the airport, but a little far from the bus stop. All in all a good clean place at a good price for New York.

Good hostel, highly recommend!

The location is good for getting to la guardia airport that's all. It's about a 50 min over all journey to Manhattan 20 min walk to the train, and the journey takes about 30 mins to Times Square. Atmosphere wasn't great no one really talked to each other, unlike other hostels where everyone says hello. Staff where rude at times. The common areas are across the street which is inconvinient, but they did have a TV and a pool table

Great place with really nice staff. Although its in Queens, Its still just 20-25mins to Central Park.

• 8th Sep 2014
  • Slovakia

I booked 3 nights and then stayed for 12. Its best backpacker hostel in New York. The kitchen is where everyone hangs out(2 pool tables - TV - Sofas ). Staff are helpful and friendly. Atmosphere good. Location is not amazing but its nice to be out of the chaos of Manhattan/ Brooklyn. Queens has its charms and its more a real neighbourhood. You can get downtown in 20 minutes if you're organized. A great stay - highly recommended.

If you wanna meet people and have fun it is definitely the wrong place!

Great hostel, I enjoyed my time there... Met lots of lovely people, staff were helpful and facilities were as advertised.

• 4th Sep 2014

easy to find and five minuths to metro by q19 bus stop in front of hostel. i will be there again aaltin/turkey

Good hostel for the good price!

• 1st Sep 2014
  • South Korea

I just want to say that they cancelled my reservation and didn't give me a reason and i had to spend the nigt in central park because everything was sold out for labor day.

• 30th Aug 2014
  • Mexico

Brilliant and homely. Would do again 10/10

• 28th Aug 2014

The atmosphere was great. The hostel is very very clean and feels like your staying in a hotel. Each hostel has a private bathroom which is a big deal! Staff was kind and friendly, but Wifi would go out sometimes and some staff members didn't know what to do. The hostel is quiet far away from the nearest metro, You will have to wait on the bus to take you there. Nice size kitchen area. You will get no cellphone reception if you stay on the first floor of the hostel. Great experience overall.

Comfortable and affordable. Also convenient for it to be close to the airport. Although its about an hour by transport to the city centre this place was ideal for me as I was travelling on a budget. Thanks for everything!

Very complicated transportation wise, had to work far to the bus stop and then catch the subway, if u ain't from there its a he'll of task. The staff were helpful, but the standard and atmosphere were none existence :(

It is close to the airport, but I didn't hear any airplane sound. Instead of it, there is a highway outside and that was really noisy. It was far from train station but you can take a bus so if you have enough time to travel, it is affordable place.

We stayed here for 4 nights and really enjoyed our stay here. The main reason we stayed here was because it had good reviews and was reasonable for its location to Manhattan. The staff were extremely helpful through email prior to our arrival and also whilst we were there. The hostel has good wifi that can be connected to whilst in your bed. Great value for money, not far from the subway, reliable wifi and a great diner next door. Only shame is that there isn't many power outlets in the room.

may have been a bad night for them but they were way overbooked with far too many problems for the one person working their to solve. I had a booking and they said they did not have space for me. they ended up having a space but other groups were not as lucky. Someone was in my assigned bed and it took 2 hrs for them to kick him out and replace sheets. very close to LGA but id recommend staying elsewhere

It's a place to relax , sleep and shower after you've been sightseeing, nothing more or less.

• 9th Aug 2014