Westway Hotel & Hostel La Guardia New York Reviews

71-11 Astoria Boulevard, New York, USA

Was about 20min walk from metro, would like to have been closer but overall good experience. Roommates were not the best but had no control over that.

• 18th Jul 2014

It is excellent very clean and extremely friendly place to stay. I was there over month. Really cool

• 17th Jul 2014
  • Poland

great place, clean and secure. not the best location but definitely value for money.

• 13th Jul 2014
  • Malaysia

Great hostel for staying in NYC. Found this place to be one of the cheaper hostel, but they don't skimp out on service. The location is a bit far from the nearest train station, but that's the tradeoff.

If you have a flight and want to stay near the airport, this hostel is the one you are looking for. But If you want to stay in any hostel with reasonable or cheap price just for traveling in NYC, this hostel wouldn't be the one that you are expecting. Because this hostel is quite far from manhattan. Staff was quite annoying. 30 dollars per night in dormitory and 7 dollars extra charge for tax? Are you kidding? Who is gonna believe that bullshit?

• 9th Jul 2014
  • South Korea

I don't like the way other people in my room staying in the hostel for a long period, I like staying with traveler not worker. คนที่นอนด้วยกัน เหมือนเค้าทำงานด้วยเลยอะ เราก็แบบคือไร Hostel มาอยู่เพื่อเที่ยวปะวะ

The staff was handsome.

I don't think there is anything cheaper than this in the entire NYC. Got to meet really cool people at this hostel. I recommend it. The girl at the front desk was very friendly and nice, kudos for her, she helped me out a lot.

• 2nd Jul 2014
  • China

Very convenient , price is cheap, surprisingly not too hard to get to Manhattan, staff was helpful

• 2nd Jul 2014
  • Afghanistan

Good and clean hostel for the money. Is about 40 minutes away from Manhattan by bus and subway which I think is ok regarding the price.

The room on the street side was extremely noisy. Also at the counter they told me it's 15 Minutes with a bus in the morning. This was misleading information. The bus stop was cancelled. I had to catch a cab (another 15) and almost got late.

Not too bad.. although I think there is a bit of prostitution happening in and around the hostel.

It's great hostel,I'm still here lol B29 staff are very helpful and the facilities are great!!

• 24th Jun 2014

The hostel is located in a really nice and quite area in Queens. I felt very safe coming back really late at night. Rooms are spacious, everything is clean, very close to the airport!

• 22nd Jun 2014

Great stay, I was very surprised by how cheap it was!

Hostel was clean and comfortable, beds were also comfy. En suite bathroom was spotless and smelled of bleach. (always a good sign) Lockers in the room were large and conveniently located in the room. The staff was friendly and helpful. The exterior of the building could use an update/facelift. Otherwise, a very well maintained and well run facility. I would definitely stay again.

• 21st Jun 2014

The kicthen is across the street. It is not good when it is raining. It is far from the metro station. You can take the bus though.

It was very easy to get to the airport from the hostel! The bedroom and bathroom were much cleaner than I had expected from a hostel. It was also really nice for each 4-person room to have its own bathroom. The included linens and towels worked great. The electronic keys to the individual rooms made it much more secure than any hostel I've ever seen. The staff were very friendly. If there were A/C in the common area/kitchen it would be perfect. They also had mints at the front desk. A+

The experience of staying in this hostel could be made so much better if the staff knew anything about presenting a friendly welcoming personna to their guests. No smiles, vacant looks, abrupt comments and general lack of enthusiasm for their jobs or their customers is the norm, especially from the guys. They really should think seriously about a career change to something other than the hospitality industry.Debt collecting or mortician would be my suggestion. Otherwise, the hostel was just fine

• 13th Jun 2014
  • New Zealand

I made a mistake on my reservation as to the days I wanted to stay. Spoke with Miguel over the phone and he said"Just say you spoke to me when you get there and they will fix it". Not quite comfortable with that statement , I also emailed the property 5 days before my arrival. When I get there, and explain my situation the attitude I get is- well Miguel is not here, he didn't leave any notes..so let me call my boss. Eventually , things got worked out.. but I didn't like the attitude I was given.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7