Westway Hotel & Hostel La Guardia New York Reviews

71-11 Astoria Boulevard, New York, USA

Great place with really nice staff. Although its in Queens, Its still just 20-25mins to Central Park.

• 8th Sep 2014
  • Slovakia

If you wanna meet people and have fun it is definitely the wrong place!

easy to find and five minuths to metro by q19 bus stop in front of hostel. i will be there again aaltin/turkey

Good hostel for the good price!

• 1st Sep 2014
  • South Korea

I just want to say that they cancelled my reservation and didn't give me a reason and i had to spend the nigt in central park because everything was sold out for labor day.

• 30th Aug 2014
  • Mexico

Brilliant and homely. Would do again 10/10

• 28th Aug 2014

The atmosphere was great. The hostel is very very clean and feels like your staying in a hotel. Each hostel has a private bathroom which is a big deal! Staff was kind and friendly, but Wifi would go out sometimes and some staff members didn't know what to do. The hostel is quiet far away from the nearest metro, You will have to wait on the bus to take you there. Nice size kitchen area. You will get no cellphone reception if you stay on the first floor of the hostel. Great experience overall.

Comfortable and affordable. Also convenient for it to be close to the airport. Although its about an hour by transport to the city centre this place was ideal for me as I was travelling on a budget. Thanks for everything!

Very complicated transportation wise, had to work far to the bus stop and then catch the subway, if u ain't from there its a he'll of task. The staff were helpful, but the standard and atmosphere were none existence :(

It is close to the airport, but I didn't hear any airplane sound. Instead of it, there is a highway outside and that was really noisy. It was far from train station but you can take a bus so if you have enough time to travel, it is affordable place.

We stayed here for 4 nights and really enjoyed our stay here. The main reason we stayed here was because it had good reviews and was reasonable for its location to Manhattan. The staff were extremely helpful through email prior to our arrival and also whilst we were there. The hostel has good wifi that can be connected to whilst in your bed. Great value for money, not far from the subway, reliable wifi and a great diner next door. Only shame is that there isn't many power outlets in the room.

may have been a bad night for them but they were way overbooked with far too many problems for the one person working their to solve. I had a booking and they said they did not have space for me. they ended up having a space but other groups were not as lucky. Someone was in my assigned bed and it took 2 hrs for them to kick him out and replace sheets. very close to LGA but id recommend staying elsewhere

It's a place to relax , sleep and shower after you've been sightseeing, nothing more or less.

• 9th Aug 2014
  • Haiti

-15 minutes to Manhatton from the closest subway stop -Staff was mediocre - not rude just not very helpful -bathrooms worked well -safe neighbourhood

I enjoyed my stay at this hostel, great value for money. Clean rooms, good beds, and 30 minutes away from Times Square. I recommend this place to anyone who is traveling on a budget.

• 7th Aug 2014

not goood

I really like it. The only problem is that it is a little bit too far from Manhatan. But it is a very good hostel!

For the price it was a good deal

I've always had the wrong impression about hostels until I stayed at Westway, now it's one big thumbs-up.

• 3rd Aug 2014

Cold at night, beddings were not nice and it was kind of loud at night.

• 2nd Aug 2014