Westway Hotel & Hostel La Guardia New York Reviews

71-11 Astoria Boulevard, New York, USA

I made a mistake on my reservation as to the days I wanted to stay. Spoke with Miguel over the phone and he said"Just say you spoke to me when you get there and they will fix it". Not quite comfortable with that statement , I also emailed the property 5 days before my arrival. When I get there, and explain my situation the attitude I get is- well Miguel is not here, he didn't leave any notes..so let me call my boss. Eventually , things got worked out.. but I didn't like the attitude I was given.

A great place to stay, the guy at the front desk was very helpfull, and in the walking distance from the hostel there is a restouraunt and Dunkin dounuts, and a supermarket. Also, there is a bus stop right in the front off it. Great and quiet place to stay for the night. Keep up the good work boys.

• 6th Jun 2014
  • Serbia

It's a great place to stay at a very reasonable price, nice installations, staff and location. I loved it and would definitely stay there again.

Super cheap. Beds aren't the most comfortable, but it's a place to sleep and for the money I'd take it any day. The rooms have two bunk beds so you'll share with up to three other roommates. Great for the money!

• 5th Jun 2014

Only advantage with this hotel is that they allow early arrivals to sit in common area till check inn hrs. But there is no bath room in common area. Thayer charge bed charges in addition to taxes. Average and. Ok

Place was overall pretty good value for money. Staff isn't the most accommodating ever but the facilities though basic, are nice and well maintained. Subway station is quite far (30 min~ walk) but the express m60 bus will get you there in about 5 min, and from there getting on the N train was extremely convenient for me since I commuted back and forth to Randall's Island for a music festival for 3 days. Doesn't take long to get to Manhattan.

• 4th Jun 2014
  • Mexico

The neighborhood is very safe and quiet, welcoming place, very clean, staff was friendly, and convenient.

• 3rd Jun 2014

On average a good hostel. Reasonable prices, helpful staff, not so far from Manhattan, very clean.

Noisy road beside

• 29th May 2014

I have absolutely nothing bad to say about this place, convenient and cheap, ver safe location, a short ride on the bus to Manhattan, quiet at night, spacious rooms. Great!

Convenient for the wallet, close to La Guardia airport, not so far from Manhattan, clean, comfortable, friendly staff.

This place was not bad at all. I though it was going to be a hassle traveling to Manhattan, but it seems easier to just take the bus than the train, the train takes longer. The rooms were big, and there was a bathroom that I only had to share with the room not the floor! Very clean, staff was helpful, roommates were fun people also.

IT was such a luxury to be able to use one of the washrooms after getting off a 12-hour bus journey from Toronto to freshen up, and the staff at reception were very friendly and helpful.

• 25th May 2014

This was a wonderful place to stay. Jon made it an extremely inviting and exciting experience. Thanks Jon

• 21st May 2014

The fact that we can't check-in before 3 is a bit annoying...common rooms should be better

Trying to weigh this as fairly as possible. The location is far from the city (about 45 minutes - 1 hour) via public transportation (longer in the late evenings). This isn't inherently bad considering the trade-off in price of the room. It was clean and safe as well. My biggest issue was the lack of any sort of atmosphere. If there was any common room, I was never told about it - nor did I find it. What I found were long corridors with tons of rooms on every floor. Not a fun place at all.

Not a bad place to stay at all, but the location is poor relative to other hostels in NYC in that it's pretty much a suburban location far from any subway line or decent stores and restaurants. There's not much at all within walking distance, but lucky for us we had a car. With regard to value, we could have stayed at a number of other hostels for pretty much the same price, but would have had convenient access to the subway.

• 16th May 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Nice places, I can say "nothing special" but very clean and quiet. A bit far from the city center.

Its pretty basic and the rooms on the road front are quite noisy as the windows don't close properly and the blinds were a bit knackered so let in a lot of light too. But proximity to La Guardia airport is excellent.

Bed was uncomfortable and the outlets didn't work and wouldn't charge our devices. Shower was hot though.