Westway Hotel & Hostel La Guardia New York Reviews

71-11 Astoria Boulevard, New York, New York, USA

Excellent! Price is very affordable, the place is really clean, staff is nice and actually helps you, and the location is good too!

• 31st Jan 2014

It was really nice and comfortable here. The front desk girl was really nice and was willing to work with me because I was having trouble with my bank and credit card. The location is good too, close to the airport and the city it was very convenient.

• 29th Jan 2014
  • Bolivia

Awesome place. very friendly staff. I'll go back. Best hostel I've been to in NYC. And the best prices too, really cheap and convenient.

• 26th Jan 2014

Simple basic wonderful, and great for the pocket. . When you are in NYC you really want to enjoy the great restaurants, sightseeing museums, etc + that does require money from your budget, therefore saving money is priority!

• 26th Jan 2014

I'm a student and I was looking for a convenient place to stay to visit NYC before school starts again. I liked this place a lot, very cheap as my budget is not that big, is close the airport, and a short ride on the bus to the city. The buses run every 10 minutes so it is really easy to take the public transportation. The rooms were great too and I met other people from germany, cool people. The front desk was very helpful also. Great time in NYC

• 25th Jan 2014
  • Egypt

I came back to this hostel because I had good memories from when I stayed in it last year - great location, good service, really great value for the money, I still can't believe that they still have the same cheap prices! The airport is really close and just 20 minutes from the city. Good place.

• 23rd Jan 2014

Is comfortable and clean, I liked my room, I was sharing with 2 other girls that were really cool. it was perfect for what I needed, cheap, clean, cool staff, close to La Guardia and the public transportation made it easy to travel into the city.

• Scotland

I used this hotel because it was a LOT LESS than other ones in manhattan and even around the area of the airport. this one is also fairly close to the airport, maybe 5 or 10 minutes away. My wife and I stayed and we were pretty comfortable, and the staff was pretty friendly.

• 23rd Jan 2014

The rooms are pretty clean, good condition, comfortable beds and nice restrooms. Every time I come here it's nice. It is my fifth time there, and I would go again. The location is good to, close to the airport and close to the city.

• China

Good, convenient location, cheap rates, friendly staff, rooms are big enough, each room has its own bathroom, La Guardia is 5/10 minutes away, manhattan 20 minutes away. Over all good place.

• Japan

Great costumer service, I'm not great when speaking in English, but they tried their best to help me. Clean, close to airport, good rooms. Actually, the girl from the receptionist speak Japanese, so that was a big help for me!

• Japan

The place is pretty nice and welcoming. The staff was very friendly when I came and the were very accommodating as well. It wasn't check in time yet, but they were kind enough to let me check in. I liked the common room, they had a kitchen, I was able to cook a little dinner for me and my boyfriend. Our stay was short, just waiting for our flight, but we liked it. La Guardia Airport is 10 minutes away from here.

• Argentina

My flight was cancelled because of the snow storm and I was looking for a cheap place. It was a very reasonable price for the night, clean, comfortable, lounge area with kitchen, very close to La Guardia Airport, the staff was helpful and other guests from around the world seem really nice too, good chance to meet other people.

• Chile
  • All Male Group, 25-30

I guess the holidays here are big for NYC, I didn't expect see a lot tourist today. This hostel is just what I was looking for, great costumer service, convenient location, clean, rooms are good, and best of all the prices are pretty cheap. It was cheap and the service was better than what I expected.

• 20th Jan 2014
  • Greenland

I came to NYC for this holiday and it was last minute. I was looking for a place that was not going to empty my wallet, and if you are on a budget this is definitely the hostel to be at. I couldn't believe how cheap it was, I think dinner with my girlfriend was more expensive! The rooms are clean, showers, kitchen, everything is clean. Close to manhattan, about 20 minutes and REALLY close to La Guardia Airport.

• 20th Jan 2014
  • Iceland

This is a good place, good for the pocket and you get more than what you pay for! It's very clean, staff is nice, even though i didn't talk to them much, but when I had a request they were very helpful and polite. The common room is nice too, a kitchen, pool table, tv, etc. I'm used to going to hostels where you have to share the bathrooms with the floor, but here every room has a bathroom, and you only share it with 2, 3 people, that's a huge plus!

• 18th Jan 2014

the staff is incredible, the hotel still feels new. easy access to transportation makes the trip to manhattan a breeze. lots to do in the local area, especially the heart of Williamsburg. Overall, very nice place, clean, friendly staff, good locations. Will stay here again.

• 18th Jan 2014

Such a great hostel. My husband and I have stayed there and would definitely stay there again. The price is so cheap it can't be beat, we were in a private room and still the price was cheap, and everything was pretty comfortable. It was clean and fairly quiet. there was such a great atmosphere and tons of cool people to meet. A little out of the way, but can't be beat for the price! The staff goes further than they have to to be able o help you, great costumer service.

• 16th Jan 2014

The service and the area were great. Nice staff and generally helpful, and it's 10 min away from La Guardia airport and 20 from Manhattan. There are lockers in the rooms, and enough space in the rooms even if you have huge luggage. The showers and bathrooms were clean, common room has tv, couches, pool table, and a full kitchen. Overall, this is a good hostel to stay at.

• 16th Jan 2014
  • China

i stayed here it was a nice room, price was really cheap and the accommodations were great! The bus stop is a couple of steps right out of the hostel and it takes about 15 minutes for you to get to Manhattan. It's really nice to cross the bridge by bus. It was warm and the staff was really friendly. Definitely recommend this hostel.

• 12th Jan 2014