Westway Hotel & Hostel La Guardia New York Reviews

71-11 Astoria Boulevard, New York, New York, USA

Such a great hostel. My husband and I have stayed there and would definitely stay there again. The price is so cheap it can't be beat, we were in a private room and still the price was cheap, and everything was pretty comfortable. It was clean and fairly quiet. there was such a great atmosphere and tons of cool people to meet. A little out of the way, but can't be beat for the price! The staff goes further than they have to to be able o help you, great costumer service.

• 16th Jan 2014

The service and the area were great. Nice staff and generally helpful, and it's 10 min away from La Guardia airport and 20 from Manhattan. There are lockers in the rooms, and enough space in the rooms even if you have huge luggage. The showers and bathrooms were clean, common room has tv, couches, pool table, and a full kitchen. Overall, this is a good hostel to stay at.

• 16th Jan 2014
  • China

i stayed here it was a nice room, price was really cheap and the accommodations were great! The bus stop is a couple of steps right out of the hostel and it takes about 15 minutes for you to get to Manhattan. It's really nice to cross the bridge by bus. It was warm and the staff was really friendly. Definitely recommend this hostel.

• 12th Jan 2014

On my visit to NYC this past weekend I stayed at this hostel and would definitely stay again. The customer service was very good and the rooms were great as well as the price. The staff is very attentive and everything is always clean. Overall this is a great place and I will stay again when I go to NYC.

• 12th Jan 2014

Close to La Guardia airport, it took me 15 minutes to arrive to the location and also to get to airport. Very convenient, cheap, friendly staff. I was bored in my room and came down to have a chat with the frond desk person, really nice and interesting! Best thing? the rooms had their own bathroom, did not have to share with the floor :)

• 11th Jan 2014

I travel with a group from my college to visit NYC, and this place is great for groups! Rooms had enough space for our luggage and to fool around! Every group also had their own bathroom, so we didn't have to wait in a line for the bathroom. The lounge was also goos, we played pool and watched TV. Definitely great place for groups!

• 11th Jan 2014

Felt like home, I stayed for a couple of nights waiting for my new apartment to be ready, and the staff and even cleaning staff treated me like I was part of their family. Very nice and humble people. Clean, quiet, comfy beds, full kitchen. Good!

• 9th Jan 2014
  • Puerto Rico

Welcoming and cozy hostel. I though taking the bus was going to be a bad a idea, but it is not! It's better if you just take the bus, it's actually faster than the train and the view when crossing the bridge is amazing, it's even like a tour! And it's just a 15 min trip to the Manhattan. The place itself is very clean, staff is extremely helpful. Very cheap too!

this is my first time with booking a hostel in NYC. it's pretty nice to stay with new friends here and there is a kitchen for us. They also have a pool table, TV, computers, etc. I like here!!!

The value for my money was great! Even though it's a hostel, the place was really quiet, the rooms had a good size with bathroom and they were nice and clean. The staff are always helpful and smiling. mmmm.. But had to step out and then in for the common area, but its not bad. I enjoyed my stay, I will always use this hostel whenever I come to NYC.

• 8th Jan 2014

I really liked the place. To get into the city you just have to take a bus and in 15 minutes you are already there. Some people prefer the train, but trust me! It is worth taking the bus, the view that you get to see when crossing the bridge is amazing, I stayed for a week and every time I took the bus because you just can't get tired of NYC view!

Staff is not kind at all, not helpful, and barely speak English. There's no hostel atmosphere, no common area, no breakfast. The room is ok, with small lockers, clean and the bed is confortable, the problem is that Astoria Blvd is REALLY NOISY, and the window blinds don't really work, so the lights of the cars and the street get inside all night! The "luggage storage" they offer, is actually leaving your suitcase in the middle of the hall saying "nobody will touch it". TRASH. DON'T STAY HERE!

This place is very clean. Rooms are spacious and even though you are sharing with others, there is still space for your luggage and everybody else. There was a bathroom in my room, that was great! If you don't want to walk to the train, just take the bus, 5 minutes you are there already. Overall good place, cozy.

• 7th Jan 2014
  • Japan

Convinient, close to the train station. stay was Clean and comfy bed, will definitely stay here again.

• 6th Jan 2014

Staff is friendly. Very close to La Guardia Airport and a 15 min walk to the train, which is not bad at all and 10 min into Manhattan. Overall nice and clean hostel. Usually hostels have shared bathrooms by the floor, but in here you only have to share the bathroom with your roommate which awesome! Have to walk outside and the right back in for the dining area.

• 4th Jan 2014

I enjoyed my stay very much.

The blinds were okayish. The room was pretty loud due to the big road the Hostel is on. There was no common area within the building we were staying in. A friend didn't get any hot water when she wanted to take a shower. The location of the Hostel is quite okay as the bus that stops right in front of the Hostel and the subway are operating at night too, so that Manhattan is only 20-30 minutes away.

Not a good start to stay - arrived and was booked into a cramped female 6 bed dorm whereas I had requested a 4 bed one. But I think because it was New Year's Eve there were problems. Also needed a locker for my professional video camera, but was told I must be staying in the room that doesn't have one (!). Was allowed to move next day to much better 4bed room with lockers. Only issue was the traffic noise after that. Had a great stay, getting to know people, and not far from buses and subway,

The only reason to stay at this hostel is to be close to the airport. The facilities and bedroom were clean and there is a nice large common room/kitchen. However, this hostel had no social atmosphere at all. Staff were helpful enough.

I stayed there for a night and I can't complain, it was clean, staff was quite helpful to how to get around the city. One thing though that bothered me and didnt let me sleep easily is that its close the highway, so if you wanna avoid that, you call them and ask for a quiter room

• 29th Nov 2013