Westway Hotel & Hostel La Guardia New York Reviews

71-11 Astoria Boulevard, New York, USA

It's good place.near the airport.

• 22nd Apr 2014
  • China

We had a nice stay here, we had the whole to our selves and we also had our own bathroom, we didn't have to share with anybody else. We weren't planning to spent a lot and this place was very convenient, the prices for a night are very cheap!

• Mexico

Helpful staff, clean facilities, safe neighborhood, close to the airport and actually 20 minutes from the city. Good hostel!

• 20th Apr 2014

Ok! Yes! This is the place to book if you are on a budget! Very cheap, and I thought the location was going to be not so good, but not at all, it is actually easier to take the bus 15 minute and bam! you are in Manhattan! Over all the facilities were clean , comfortable, great staff, I liked this place!

• Chile

The hostel was very nice, yohan, jay, were awesome. Miguel is very very rude, condescending ,arrogant an inpatient. He always gives you attiitude, and everytime you go to the desk he always has the same little friend sitting back there with him that doesnt work there and he gives you attitude as well. Other than him my stay was very nice. I would recommend this place to everyone i know. Also moara at the front desk is great.

• 19th Apr 2014

Need to take a subway and a bus to get there from downtown, so that's annoying. Nice private bathroom. Some issues with weak Internet connection in my room. Plug beside my bed is a nice bonus.

• 19th Apr 2014

Great place to stay, friendly staff at the front desk, free parking, clean rooms, clean beds, and an awesome location that makes you feel safe and a short bus ride away from the subway. The only minor downside is that the Wi-Fi signal was quite low in our room - well after seeing people sitting in the hallways with their computers, I'd guess that it wasn't just our room. Apart from that, two thumbs up!! I'd definitely recommend this place to anyone and would stay there again!

• 18th Apr 2014

Not a hostel, just a hotel. Staff were rude to guests, the location was a joke (20 min walk to subway), just all around average place to stay. Really did not enjoy my time here at all.

Sitting area and kitchen for this hostel is across to street below street level, so you have to climb down metal stairs to reach. I was sitting there one night with other people and watching a basketball game and all of a sudden we heard somebody is crying for help. Someone open the emergency exit door to help and we saw him coming back with hurry. Everybody was running for their lives so I grabbed my stuff and run of course I tripped on that metal stairs started bleeding on my elbow and had sct

I like Astoria, but it's a pretty long trip to Manhattan, so if you're in NY to sight-see, keep that in mind. Also, it's right by the highway. I haven't stayed in many hostels in North America,but this place certainly doesn't compare to European hostels. Not a great atmosphere. But it was clean! And plenty of hot water in the shower, so this place is good for its cheap price.

• 15th Apr 2014

This is not like a real hostel... it is more like an old hotel a bit outside of new york. they rebuilded it, to create a bit of a hostel feeling. The price is a trap, after you arrive at the hostel you have to pay 14% extra plus 3,5$ per night. All the other hostels advertise with the real price not with an fake one.

It's a little out of the way, but decent for its price.

You get what you paid for. No air circulation in the rooms therefore you must open your windows. Can be noisy due to the transportations.

• 13th Apr 2014

Not a great location and the 7 dollar extra tax they don't tell you about is a pain. It was clean however and quite cheap for New York. Good if you just need a place to crash, bad if you want the typical "Euro Hostel" feel.

• 12th Apr 2014

I thought this would be a hostel for '1 night-stayers' due to its location just by La Guardia Airport in NYC but it ends up that the hostel has a really good vibe and guests stay for longer stays. The downside is that you must catch a bus to get to the subway, which is kind of boring especially when returning to the hostel in the end of the day. It is a short bus ride, on a line that operates 24/7 though, so it is not that tough. Would stay there again, good value, and good atmosphere.

I don't think you will ever find a place that's as cheap as this one in NYC. Is not in the heart of Manhattan, but it takes about 20 minutes to get into the city, and that is not bad at all considering is really close to the airport. Over all nice stay here.

• 9th Apr 2014

I was comfortable here, it was pretty cheap, but definitely clean, staff was friendly and helpful, not far at all from the airport and it's actually pretty easy to get into Manhattan. I recommend you to stay!

• 9th Apr 2014
  • Mexico

I booked a 6 bed room and paid a deposit via hostelworld and received confirmation. Hostel responded indicating I booked a 4 bed room. I emailed that it was a 6 bed room. They said I get a 4 bed room and a 4 bed room for others to share. I said unacceptable because that is not what I paid for. I cancelled and asked for refund if they cannot provide 6 bed room. They took deposit and charged me a day's stay for a 6 bed room. I spoke to Christianne. They refused to refund. Dishonest management.

• 6th Apr 2014
  • Trinidad And Tobago

I have stayed here twice now and both times were very positive experiences. People were very respectful, it was quiet (except for that typical New York traffic), the rooms were clean, and I felt very safe.

• 5th Apr 2014

Way off subway line. After I moved in to bed, came back late that night and my bed was taken. I had to wait for them to clean a bed for a while. And then the next morning, they wouldn't give me a refund for the night that my assigned bed wasn't available, or the remaining nights!! And they acted like a manager wasn't around when I wanted to discus the issue. BOOK SOMEWHERE ELSE!!

• 3rd Apr 2014