Westway Hotel & Hostel La Guardia New York Reviews

71-11 Astoria Boulevard, New York, USA

The blinds were okayish. The room was pretty loud due to the big road the Hostel is on. There was no common area within the building we were staying in. A friend didn't get any hot water when she wanted to take a shower. The location of the Hostel is quite okay as the bus that stops right in front of the Hostel and the subway are operating at night too, so that Manhattan is only 20-30 minutes away.

Not a good start to stay - arrived and was booked into a cramped female 6 bed dorm whereas I had requested a 4 bed one. But I think because it was New Year's Eve there were problems. Also needed a locker for my professional video camera, but was told I must be staying in the room that doesn't have one (!). Was allowed to move next day to much better 4bed room with lockers. Only issue was the traffic noise after that. Had a great stay, getting to know people, and not far from buses and subway,

The only reason to stay at this hostel is to be close to the airport. The facilities and bedroom were clean and there is a nice large common room/kitchen. However, this hostel had no social atmosphere at all. Staff were helpful enough.

I stayed there for a night and I can't complain, it was clean, staff was quite helpful to how to get around the city. One thing though that bothered me and didnt let me sleep easily is that its close the highway, so if you wanna avoid that, you call them and ask for a quiter room

• 29th Nov 2013
  • Morocco

Hi, I guess the receptionist who work there should be more courteous and helpful. Other than that, the rest of the things are fine because it is the cheapest place to live in NY.

• 29th Nov 2013
  • Bangladesh

Everything was very good. A bit noisy at night, though, because of a tiny hole in the window frame.

The place is very nice and all the staff to always ready to help. The place is clean and organized, has a living room, communal kitchen very nice. Just a few minutes from the metro. really recommend it!

• 24th Nov 2013

We arrived to the "hotel" & tried to park, the car park is actually behind their motel building across the block, so not confident about the security. There were a group of ppl hanging about & safety didn't feel 100%. Upon check in there was a highly intoxicated lady hanging in reception & then out the front. We asked to see the room before we committed to the stay- not as pictured, in a motel building, electrics & window broken, room felt very unsecured- we didn't stay & couldn't get a refund.

Very close to LaGuardia. Perfect for somewhere to crash after a flight. Otherwise I don't know why anyone would stay here. Room is adequate. People come in in the middle of the night and turn on the lights.

It is clean and the fercilities are good .

I really liked this Hostel because even though it was a Hostel, we didn't have to share the bathroom with anyone. I booked the 4 bed dorm with 3 other friends and we were able to share it between the four of us. I was initially worred about the bathroom situation but we were pleasantly surprised. Also,The beds were super comfortable and the housekeeping staff keep the whole place very clean.

The location was a little outside the city, but so close to LaGuardia, and close to a metro, just a quick 10-15 min walk and a short 15 min ride. I would definitely recommend it for a great place to stay for not a lot of money in NYC. I really enjoyed it!!

Had a really great time at this Hostel! No complaints!

Good, clean, utilitarian lodging close to Laguardia airport. This is my sixth stay. Not a great location for tourist stuff and nothing of interest near the hostel (not even groceries), but great if you happen to be flying in or out of LGA. Also a good choice on weekends and holidays when other hostels' rates are through the roof. The only barrier to using this as a tourist base is the 15-minute bus ride to the subway, which doesn't add to the subway cost if you use a transit card.

I rated security low, because when I arrived I asked if there was a locker in the room, and the receptionist looked a bit funny and said "yes, there should be, but if not let me know". there were no lockers in the room. location is in the area that is convenient for the airport (early departure or late arrival), but i would not stay there for any other reason. there is no atmosphere and the whole area has nothing to offer. it was clean and the bed were fine though. so it´s best to sleep and go!

1 2 3 4 5 6 Next » last »