Whitetail Backpacker & Hostel Reviews

241-28 Yeonnam-dong, Mapo-gu, Seoul, South Korea

It's my first time to stayed in hostel and I found that whitetail is such a great place to stay. Jin and Jun are really nice and kind. They helped me a lot and took care the guest as their family. Thank you! It's the recommend place from me^^

• 10th Jul 2014
  • pearveera
  • Thailand

The owners Jun and Jin are very helpful and friendly. They helped out with queries when asked. The hostel is very clean and calm. Breakfast menu is always somethings different every morning. Quite a good accomodation for a very affordable price.

Pros: The host was accommodating, i.e. meeting us when we arrived late (3 am), calling a taxi for the airport, etc. A light breakfast was provided along with maps / city guides. Considerations for young professionals like us (24-26 y/o+): I think we aged out of true budget accommodations like this. Our room didn't have a lock until asked, the bathroom is shared by ~20 people, AC is not turned on when sleeping at night, there are no sheets on the bed, a bit hard to get cabs, etc.

Hi. You stayed 2 nights in a mixed dorm. We have notes sticking on the wall stating keys for dorms only given upon requested. We aslo have free lockers and padlock with CCTV attached. At weekend morning, both bathrooms are busy, it's unavoidable. We did ask your friend if air-cond was needed, he said no. It was 19 degree that night. We have sheet for all beds! We also provide free linens upon requested. Lots of taxi in front of the hostel, of course it's hard to get after midnight every where.

We had a really nice stay, we actually felt at home there.

Thanks for this super trip in Seoul which couldn't have been so great without the Whitetail Backpacker & Hostel. Moreover, the guesthouse is very well located in Seoul, in a peaceful neighborhood, not so far from the Subway and bars of Hongik University

• 5th Jun 2014

Staff were very friendly and allowed us to check in early. Breakfast was basic but more than most hostels. Atmosphere was also friendly. The bathroom was a bit crowded, but with so many people and only two bathrooms it is to be expected since the toilet, shower and sink are all in one space. It is a bit of a walk from the metro stop, which is hot during the day but at night it is a very pleasant walk.

I only came for a couple of nights and ended up staying for two weeks! Jin and Jun ( the owners) are fantastic...its a home from home. It's so clean and comfortable, and anything you could need is pretty much within walking distance

• 30th May 2014

A very cozy place, staff are friendly and helpful. A very good place to make new friends.

• 29th May 2014
  • Malaysia

Extremely courteous and hospitable hosts!

Jin & Jun are the wonderful people managing this very well located backpacker in Seoul. The backpacker itself is always clean, good facilities to eat/buy really close, and great proximity to Hongik university makes it an awesome place for going out and living the Korean style. I highly recommand this place :)

Jin and Jun are incredibly sweet hosts! The guesthouse is very comfortable and homey feeling, and the free breakfast is a nice addition. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone looking for a cheap, clean and comfortable place in Seoul.

I've stayed in many hostels around the world, and this is the best I've stayed in! Jin and Jun are such kind, lovely people, and made the hostel experience really easy, comfortable, and enjoyable. The atmosphere is fantastic - great decor & people. Big love.

I had a really nice stay at this hostel. The staff were very nice and welcoming. I got a really good introduction to the city and country (I even got a lot of recommendations for Malaysia). If I ever come back i would chose this hostel again.

It's a new B&B, breakfast is great and rich, no only toast and jam. though its location is a litter bit far from the MTR, the staffs are nice and helpful, the atmosphere is good

I had a great stay here. Relaxed atmosphere and Jin and Jun made me feel very welcome and were able to help with any questions I had. It is located in a quieter area but the metro is close enough to be able to get about anywhere quite easily.

Stayed here with my boyfriend, and we were very comfortable! The staff was kind and so were the guests. Didn't see any breakfast at 8am the last morning we were there though, and were in a bit of a rush so left without it. Wasn't sure if it was supposed to be made available or not because it was a weekday and not the weekend.

Hi Ginger, our breakfast time starts from 9am. There is a sign in the kitchen states the time of the breakfast served. Jun also told you guys about it when he checked in you guys. We provide different types of homemade breakfast everyday. Thank you for staying with us, we hope to see you again next time :)

Jin and Jun the owners of this place are a super friendly couple, they will help you with everything you need, and make you feel at home. always with a smile! highly reccomended!

One of my favorite hostels in 9 months of travelling. I'll definitely be back. Jin and Jun are super helpful, and their hostel is a cozy little home away from home in Seoul. Super fast, excellent wifi, comfy beds--firm enough but soft enough, though a tiny bit bumpy. Location is perfect, not too far to the metro, nice quiet neighborhood. Atmosphere is relaxed, everyone bonds and it's like a family. Breakfast is toast and a little home made morsel, not limited, perfect start to the day (or nap).

I stayed in a lot of hostels now, but the Whitetail is still the best. The owners Jin and Jun transformed a normal Korean house into a cozy hostel. It's easy to meet other travelers in the living room, everything is clean, there is a free breakfast, the inside is bright and modern, they do your laundry for you, its in a good location near to Hongdae, the price is cheap and it has the biggest bathroom I've ever seen in a hostel, thanks Jin and Jun, I will definitely come back again next time!

We only stayed for a short period of time, but absolutely loved it! We felt beyond safe leaving our belongings at the hostel when we were out and about. Jin and Jun offered us maps and tips on seeing Seoul and the surrounding areas. They also booked out DMZ tour in a matter of minutes (it was taking us forever when we tried by ourselves), which was beyond helpful. The free breakfast was excellent, not just bread and coffee like other hostels offer.

• 2nd Apr 2014