Whitetail Backpacker & Hostel Reviews

241-28 Yeonnam-dong, Mapo-gu, Seoul, South Korea

Clean and cosy environment. Helpful host where they guide me a lot

Overall, i can say that whitetail is quite value of money. The accommodation fees is much more cheaper than other hostels that we could found in Seoul, hongik area. It took us about 10-15 minutes walk from the hongik station to Whitetail. Good breakfast is provided everyday. Drawback is that the washroom is quite limited (2 washrooms in the property), so u might need to wait before the other backpackers finished using the washroom.

Whitetail was excellent! It really struck me hard when I had to leave Seoul, and I guess it's because Whitetail made me feel so much at home. Every night I came back to rest, I just felt safe and comfortable. Jun and Jin were excellent hosts! I didn't get the chance to converse with Jin, but she took the initiative to make my bed everyday and replace my towel with a fresh new one every few days. And Jun is willing to entertain your every question about getting around Korea and such. Loved it!

Everything about Whitetail is perfect, it's like your home away from home. Security and Cleanliness are superb, which is the most important aspect for me to consider on staying at a place. Jin and Jun are also the best kind of host you can find. Jun is very hospitable, and Jin cooks some killer breakfasts. Location wise, I like the quiet neighborhood it is placed. I miss Whitetail already and I would definitely come back for another stay.

Thanks Jin ,

Excellent value for money; hostel is kept in very very clean conditions, makes it feel like more of a home than a hostel. Breakfast is good too (between 9 and 10.30am). Would recommend this hostel if you're looking for a nice place to chill - it is located in pretty, residential surroundings about a 15 minute walk from Hongdae which is the fun/party area of the district. Hostel owners do very well to ensure all the backpackers who visit Whitetail are considerate of other guests.

I only stayed for one night, but it was very nice! Nice, cosy hostel in a quiet street with a good lounge area and kitchen. Location is not bad, a 10-15 minute walk from the metro and from Hongdae, which is a very fun area (live music, nightclubs, good food, great bars and cafes). The staff are very friendly and helpful, thankyou! Probably next time I would stay a little closer to the action, but this place is great if you prefer somewhere a little quieter!

It is 15 minutes walk from the metro station.It is a little crowded in the room.Anyway,the owner is very nice and can lend you transpotation card or socket for free with deposit.It offers breakfast and I like it very much.

Helpful staff and great facilities. A little bit of a walk to the train station, but centrally located to a district of the city with lots of stuff to do.

• 20th Jul 2014

It's my first time to stayed in hostel and I found that whitetail is such a great place to stay. Jin and Jun are really nice and kind. They helped me a lot and took care the guest as their family. Thank you! It's the recommend place from me^^

• 10th Jul 2014
  • pearveera
  • Thailand

The hostel is in a really nice area of Hongdae - it's about a ten minute walk from the station. The staff were always friendly and helpful and the place was very clean. The only issues I had were that sometimes breakfast would be put out pretty late and there is not enough toilets for the number of people which did lead to some desperate moments a few times! Other than the toilet thing, this is a lovely place to stay and I would recommend it.

The owners Jun and Jin are very helpful and friendly. They helped out with queries when asked. The hostel is very clean and calm. Breakfast menu is always somethings different every morning. Quite a good accomodation for a very affordable price.

Pros: The host was accommodating, i.e. meeting us when we arrived late (3 am), calling a taxi for the airport, etc. A light breakfast was provided along with maps / city guides. Considerations for young professionals like us (24-26 y/o+): I think we aged out of true budget accommodations like this. Our room didn't have a lock until asked, the bathroom is shared by ~20 people, AC is not turned on when sleeping at night, there are no sheets on the bed, a bit hard to get cabs, etc.

Hi. You stayed 2 nights in a mixed dorm. We have notes sticking on the wall stating keys for dorms only given upon requested. We aslo have free lockers and padlock with CCTV attached. At weekend morning, both bathrooms are busy, it's unavoidable. We did ask your friend if air-cond was needed, he said no. It was 19 degree that night. We have sheet for all beds! We also provide free linens upon requested. Lots of taxi in front of the hostel, of course it's hard to get after midnight every where.

We had a really nice stay, we actually felt at home there.

Thanks for this super trip in Seoul which couldn't have been so great without the Whitetail Backpacker & Hostel. Moreover, the guesthouse is very well located in Seoul, in a peaceful neighborhood, not so far from the Subway and bars of Hongik University

• 5th Jun 2014

Staff were very friendly and allowed us to check in early. Breakfast was basic but more than most hostels. Atmosphere was also friendly. The bathroom was a bit crowded, but with so many people and only two bathrooms it is to be expected since the toilet, shower and sink are all in one space. It is a bit of a walk from the metro stop, which is hot during the day but at night it is a very pleasant walk.

I only came for a couple of nights and ended up staying for two weeks! Jin and Jun ( the owners) are fantastic...its a home from home. It's so clean and comfortable, and anything you could need is pretty much within walking distance

• 30th May 2014

A very cozy place, staff are friendly and helpful. A very good place to make new friends.

• 29th May 2014
  • Malaysia

Extremely courteous and hospitable hosts!

Jin & Jun are the wonderful people managing this very well located backpacker in Seoul. The backpacker itself is always clean, good facilities to eat/buy really close, and great proximity to Hongik university makes it an awesome place for going out and living the Korean style. I highly recommand this place :)