Whitetail Backpacker & Hostel Reviews

241-28 Yeonnam-dong, Mapo-gu, Seoul, South Korea

Although Whitetail is slightly further from Hongik Station than other hostels, it really isn't that hard to navigate, more or a less a straight road to the hostel. What's great about Whitetail was that it's away from the bustle of Hongdae, so you can get a decent rest at night. And Jin and Jun were really lovely people, my friends and I really enjoyed their company, they went out of their way to help us during our time in Seoul.

• 7th May 2015
  • Singapore

It was a great hostel run by a great person.

A bit har to find but not impossible in any way. Quite and clean. Only thing is that it would be nice if breakfast started from 8 instead of 9. Else its a very nice place concidering vthe price

I stayed in the tent room. My stay was much more comfortable than I had been expecting it to be! Since I had access to the rooftop, I was able to do my own laundry with ease. The space is very tiny but I was able to fit a medium sized suitcase and large backpack under the bed. It's very close to Hongik University station as well as many restaurants and shops. Definitely recommend if you're looking for a simple place to stay.

This place is not trying to be simply good but great. One of the best hostel experiences I had so far.

Cozy guesthouse, clean and incredibly nice and helpful owner, Jin. Fun to chat with other travelers sin the morning (over free breakfast!). It's in Hongdae, but a 10-minute walk to the main strip (which isn't a problem unless it's cold). Hongdae is THE place for budget dinners/bars/culture (as opposed to Gangnam's glitz and glam). Great hostel, have stayed here a week already!

Stayed 4 nights in a mixed dorm during winter. Jun is an excellent host and is very helpful. He will assist with booking attractions and make sure you ask about discounts to some activities. Breakfast was basic but reliable. Easy to get to by metro from the airport or Seoul station. 10min walk from restaurant district. No hesitation in recommending.

Met a lot of great people, and there was a good friendly atmosphere in the hostel. Jun and Jin were very helpful :) The only downside is for a packed hostel there are only two bathrooms and often there was a bit of a wait.