8.4
Fabulous 207 Total Reviews
8.4
Fabulous 207 Total Reviews
Whitetail Backpacker & Hostel Located at 241-28 Yeonnam-dong, Mapo-gu, Seoul.
South Korea
Seoul 241-28 Yeonnam-dong, Mapo-gu
84% 207
37.5651053 126.9224953
    Rooms available

• Italy, Female, 25-30
30th Dec 2016

My stay at the hostel coincided with the New Year, and I must say, the area is super quite and safe, a 5min walk will lead you to great bars and shops to keep you busy till late! the rooms seemed very clean, and everyone respected sleeping time, so managed to always get a good rest after hours of walking around Seoul. The staff was welcoming and even renewed my towels! the only small thing I would recommend, tho breakfast is really really nice, maybe not be so strict with the time :)

• Poland, Couple, 25-30
27th Dec 2016

Liked: Nice hostel, a very friendly owner. Very clean, the bathroom cleaned every day. Breakfast included. Free tea or coffee all the time. Disliked: a little hard to find and a little too far from the metro station- at least 15 min on foot.

21st Oct 2016
6.6

I did have an issue with Jun the manager during my 4 night stay. So on the wall in the house it said you need at least 5 night stay to qualify for free laundry. However he told the other guest in the room before I arrived that he'll do it for 3 days. This was confirm with 7 other people. But when I asked him he said it has to be 5 days. I even ask him to reconsider, since I'm already staying 4 days, which is only 1 day off. However he just wouldn't budge. Something is just not right.

We have listed the laundry condition on the "Things to note section". We did not tell and never tell any guest who stay less than 5 nights to qualify for free laundry service. The group of 7 guest you stayed with in the same room had been staying with us for 6 nights. The thing you said in your review is not true! We have to treat every guest the same, why we have to give you special treatment? You have rated our staff "Poor" because of the laundry? This just makes us think it is solely your revenge. We offer affortable prices to travellers who are on budget & provide free laundry service & breakfast for years, your review is depressing and it makes us want to consider if to continue to provide free laundry to every guest.

• Australia, Male, 31-40
16th Oct 2016

I really like this hostel, very inviting & immaculately clean. It's tucked inside a quiet local residential area. 10mins walk to station & 15mins to Hongdae main district with full of great nightlife.

29th Sep 2016
7.7

I didn't really like this hostel. In my opinion, the staff wasn't all that friendly. He seemed rushed when trying to explain to me how the hostel functioned and seem very accommodating to guest. The bathroom wasn't so clean and the towel given to me to use smelled very strongly of a foul odor.

Hello, we value your review. We would like to clarify that the towel you used was not ours. When we cleaned your bed after you checked out, the towel you left on your bed did not belong to us. We have proper procedures to clean our towels and we always make sure it is clean before handling to our guest.

• Germany, Mixed Group, 25-30
15th Sep 2016
5.4

The hostel is quite far from the station and the owner really bitchy when you mention that. It's not a hostel you can check in 24/7 as he is not all the time there. The living room is really cramped and there is lots of mosquitos so are in the bedroom. The owner does not have much experience in customer service I guess else you can't treat paying customers with such a attitude. However he let me store my backpack for a few hours and take another quick shower before I leave that was pretty nice

As soon as you arrived you told me our hostel is far for you while I had been waiting for your check in for more than 1 hour. We've listed every detail including check in time (definately not 24hours), location, distance & map on the listing. If you think we are not your type of hostels & if you think we are far for you, you shouldn't have booked us. We've been hosting guest for years, we know how to handle guest.

• Germany, All Female Group, 18-24
14th Sep 2016

Fast internet, great hostel overall, but it does take 15-20 minutes to walk to Hongdae subway station.

• Malaysia, Male, 25-30
8th Aug 2016

This hostel is a very quick walk from Hongdae, but the neighborhood is actually quite peaceful and quiet despite this. You get the best of both worlds. The hostel owner Jun is a wonderful host, he is very friendly and always available. He provided information about local place to eat and cleaned the hostel everyday. Most of the guest are solo travelers. I had the opportunity to meet other travelers which is always great when you are by yourself.

• Germany, Male, 25-30
24th Jul 2016
7.4

Overall a decent hostel with a great price. Very clean and had everything you would need. A little bit of a walk (15min) till the area you really wanted to be in and the rooms do not lend themselves to hang arround much. All arround nice but not great.