Whitetail Backpacker & Hostel Reviews

241-28 Yeonnam-dong, Mapo-gu, Seoul, South Korea

Stayed 4 nights in a mixed dorm during winter. Jun is an excellent host and is very helpful. He will assist with booking attractions and make sure you ask about discounts to some activities. Breakfast was basic but reliable. Easy to get to by metro from the airport or Seoul station. 10min walk from restaurant district. No hesitation in recommending.

Met a lot of great people, and there was a good friendly atmosphere in the hostel. Jun and Jin were very helpful :) The only downside is for a packed hostel there are only two bathrooms and often there was a bit of a wait.

• 31st Dec 2014
  • New Zealand

Whitetail Backpacker & Hostel was a great place to stay! The staff were very welcoming and accomodating. My group of 9 really enjoyed staying here. We really enjoyed that the hostel was a bit of a walk from the hustle of Hongdae. The directions were easy to follow. The only downside was having only two bathrooms, but I never had to wait long to be able to use one. I'd definitely use this hostel again!

• 14th Nov 2014

Clean and cosy environment. Helpful host where they guide me a lot

Overall, i can say that whitetail is quite value of money. The accommodation fees is much more cheaper than other hostels that we could found in Seoul, hongik area. It took us about 10-15 minutes walk from the hongik station to Whitetail. Good breakfast is provided everyday. Drawback is that the washroom is quite limited (2 washrooms in the property), so u might need to wait before the other backpackers finished using the washroom.

Whitetail was excellent! It really struck me hard when I had to leave Seoul, and I guess it's because Whitetail made me feel so much at home. Every night I came back to rest, I just felt safe and comfortable. Jun and Jin were excellent hosts! I didn't get the chance to converse with Jin, but she took the initiative to make my bed everyday and replace my towel with a fresh new one every few days. And Jun is willing to entertain your every question about getting around Korea and such. Loved it!