Whitetail Backpacker & Hostel Reviews

241-28 Yeonnam-dong, Mapo-gu, Seoul, South Korea

Whitetail Backpacker & Hostel was a great place to stay! The staff were very welcoming and accomodating. My group of 9 really enjoyed staying here. We really enjoyed that the hostel was a bit of a walk from the hustle of Hongdae. The directions were easy to follow. The only downside was having only two bathrooms, but I never had to wait long to be able to use one. I'd definitely use this hostel again!

• 14th Nov 2014

Clean and cosy environment. Helpful host where they guide me a lot

Overall, i can say that whitetail is quite value of money. The accommodation fees is much more cheaper than other hostels that we could found in Seoul, hongik area. It took us about 10-15 minutes walk from the hongik station to Whitetail. Good breakfast is provided everyday. Drawback is that the washroom is quite limited (2 washrooms in the property), so u might need to wait before the other backpackers finished using the washroom.

Whitetail was excellent! It really struck me hard when I had to leave Seoul, and I guess it's because Whitetail made me feel so much at home. Every night I came back to rest, I just felt safe and comfortable. Jun and Jin were excellent hosts! I didn't get the chance to converse with Jin, but she took the initiative to make my bed everyday and replace my towel with a fresh new one every few days. And Jun is willing to entertain your every question about getting around Korea and such. Loved it!

Everything about Whitetail is perfect, it's like your home away from home. Security and Cleanliness are superb, which is the most important aspect for me to consider on staying at a place. Jin and Jun are also the best kind of host you can find. Jun is very hospitable, and Jin cooks some killer breakfasts. Location wise, I like the quiet neighborhood it is placed. I miss Whitetail already and I would definitely come back for another stay.

Thanks Jin ,

Excellent value for money; hostel is kept in very very clean conditions, makes it feel like more of a home than a hostel. Breakfast is good too (between 9 and 10.30am). Would recommend this hostel if you're looking for a nice place to chill - it is located in pretty, residential surroundings about a 15 minute walk from Hongdae which is the fun/party area of the district. Hostel owners do very well to ensure all the backpackers who visit Whitetail are considerate of other guests.

I only stayed for one night, but it was very nice! Nice, cosy hostel in a quiet street with a good lounge area and kitchen. Location is not bad, a 10-15 minute walk from the metro and from Hongdae, which is a very fun area (live music, nightclubs, good food, great bars and cafes). The staff are very friendly and helpful, thankyou! Probably next time I would stay a little closer to the action, but this place is great if you prefer somewhere a little quieter!

It is 15 minutes walk from the metro station.It is a little crowded in the room.Anyway,the owner is very nice and can lend you transpotation card or socket for free with deposit.It offers breakfast and I like it very much.

Helpful staff and great facilities. A little bit of a walk to the train station, but centrally located to a district of the city with lots of stuff to do.

• 20th Jul 2014

It's my first time to stayed in hostel and I found that whitetail is such a great place to stay. Jin and Jun are really nice and kind. They helped me a lot and took care the guest as their family. Thank you! It's the recommend place from me^^

• 10th Jul 2014
  • pearveera
  • Thailand

The hostel is in a really nice area of Hongdae - it's about a ten minute walk from the station. The staff were always friendly and helpful and the place was very clean. The only issues I had were that sometimes breakfast would be put out pretty late and there is not enough toilets for the number of people which did lead to some desperate moments a few times! Other than the toilet thing, this is a lovely place to stay and I would recommend it.

The owners Jun and Jin are very helpful and friendly. They helped out with queries when asked. The hostel is very clean and calm. Breakfast menu is always somethings different every morning. Quite a good accomodation for a very affordable price.