Whitetail Backpacker & Hostel Reviews

241-28 Yeonnam-dong, Mapo-gu, Seoul, South Korea

This is the second time I've been to this hostel and there is a good reason for that. I love this place, it's like a second home: cozy, clean and great staff. Jun, Jin and Queenie will do their best to make your stay a good one. I will be back for sure :)

The hostel is very clean and comfortable. Hosts are incredibly helpful and nice. They really made me feel like home. If you need any tips on getting around in Seoul, they are more than happy to help you with planning activities for you. The closest metro is a short distance walk away with easy access to the airport and around Seoul. Restaurant/ bars/ cultures are 10 mins walk away. With the price I paid, I have gotten more than what I've expected. Thank you Whitetail!

• 10th Jun 2015
  • Malaysia

Whitetail is a great hostel. It's not a party hostel, you can rest peacefully. It's easy to meet other travelers. The location is excellent, it's in a quiet neighborhood. The hostel offers more than your basic needs. Jin&Jun are well-informed & warm people to be friend with. This places makes us feel home. It's easily become one of the best hostel I've stated. I'll definitely be back!

Clean and secure hostel set in a quiet neighbourhood with character. Helpful host as well as good value for money. Will book again if we are back to in Seoul!

• 2nd Jun 2015
  • Malaysia

Can't say it's bad but it isn't good either. Location ok, a bit far from metro. Atmosphere a bit weird, a lot of people who seem to 'live' here for a longer time. Super crampy, too many beds in a way to hot dorm bc the ac is turned of most of the night. No space for backpacks except on your own bed (or no space to walk around anymore). Plus rules and regulations everywhere, so feels like you have to be super careful to not get fined. Breakfast starts really late.

Family type of closed relationship is not weird,it's good thing for a hostel atmosphere.We have most of the good reviews.Maybe it's just you don't like this atmostphere.That's why you rejected the pasta dinner we invited.Your character can't fit in the hostel, you can't blame the hostel. We hope you can find somewhere that satisfy your super high standard with AC 24 hours, early breakfast,lots of space for you to walk and for your bags, no rules for smoking in dorm with your 10 Euro per night.

Cozy and.cool place. I felt like i was coming home. Jin and June were laidback and cool :). I miss you!!!!!

• 14th May 2015

Although Whitetail is slightly further from Hongik Station than other hostels, it really isn't that hard to navigate, more or a less a straight road to the hostel. What's great about Whitetail was that it's away from the bustle of Hongdae, so you can get a decent rest at night. And Jin and Jun were really lovely people, my friends and I really enjoyed their company, they went out of their way to help us during our time in Seoul.

• 7th May 2015
  • Singapore

It was a great hostel run by a great person.

A bit har to find but not impossible in any way. Quite and clean. Only thing is that it would be nice if breakfast started from 8 instead of 9. Else its a very nice place concidering vthe price

One of the best hostels that I have ever stayed at. Everything was excellent: from the clean rooms and big beds, to the breakfast served every morning on time, and the hostels great location. Plus, lockers are provided and the front door has a keypad. Jin and Jun (hostel owners) are the best and they have done an amazing job in making a heartwarming atmosphere for everyone who stays here. I highly recommend staying here for a good time in Seoul.

• 30th Apr 2015

I stayed in the tent room. My stay was much more comfortable than I had been expecting it to be! Since I had access to the rooftop, I was able to do my own laundry with ease. The space is very tiny but I was able to fit a medium sized suitcase and large backpack under the bed. It's very close to Hongik University station as well as many restaurants and shops. Definitely recommend if you're looking for a simple place to stay.

This place is not trying to be simply good but great. One of the best hostel experiences I had so far.

Cozy guesthouse, clean and incredibly nice and helpful owner, Jin. Fun to chat with other travelers sin the morning (over free breakfast!). It's in Hongdae, but a 10-minute walk to the main strip (which isn't a problem unless it's cold). Hongdae is THE place for budget dinners/bars/culture (as opposed to Gangnam's glitz and glam). Great hostel, have stayed here a week already!