Whitetail Backpacker & Hostel Reviews

241-28 Yeonnam-dong, Mapo-gu, Seoul, South Korea

Thanks Jin ,

Excellent value for money; hostel is kept in very very clean conditions, makes it feel like more of a home than a hostel. Breakfast is good too (between 9 and 10.30am). Would recommend this hostel if you're looking for a nice place to chill - it is located in pretty, residential surroundings about a 15 minute walk from Hongdae which is the fun/party area of the district. Hostel owners do very well to ensure all the backpackers who visit Whitetail are considerate of other guests.

I only stayed for one night, but it was very nice! Nice, cosy hostel in a quiet street with a good lounge area and kitchen. Location is not bad, a 10-15 minute walk from the metro and from Hongdae, which is a very fun area (live music, nightclubs, good food, great bars and cafes). The staff are very friendly and helpful, thankyou! Probably next time I would stay a little closer to the action, but this place is great if you prefer somewhere a little quieter!

It is 15 minutes walk from the metro station.It is a little crowded in the room.Anyway,the owner is very nice and can lend you transpotation card or socket for free with deposit.It offers breakfast and I like it very much.

Helpful staff and great facilities. A little bit of a walk to the train station, but centrally located to a district of the city with lots of stuff to do.

• 20th Jul 2014

It's my first time to stayed in hostel and I found that whitetail is such a great place to stay. Jin and Jun are really nice and kind. They helped me a lot and took care the guest as their family. Thank you! It's the recommend place from me^^

• 10th Jul 2014
  • pearveera
  • Thailand

The owners Jun and Jin are very helpful and friendly. They helped out with queries when asked. The hostel is very clean and calm. Breakfast menu is always somethings different every morning. Quite a good accomodation for a very affordable price.

Pros: The host was accommodating, i.e. meeting us when we arrived late (3 am), calling a taxi for the airport, etc. A light breakfast was provided along with maps / city guides. Considerations for young professionals like us (24-26 y/o+): I think we aged out of true budget accommodations like this. Our room didn't have a lock until asked, the bathroom is shared by ~20 people, AC is not turned on when sleeping at night, there are no sheets on the bed, a bit hard to get cabs, etc.

Hi. You stayed 2 nights in a mixed dorm. We have notes sticking on the wall stating keys for dorms only given upon requested. We aslo have free lockers and padlock with CCTV attached. At weekend morning, both bathrooms are busy, it's unavoidable. We did ask your friend if air-cond was needed, he said no. It was 19 degree that night. We have sheet for all beds! We also provide free linens upon requested. Lots of taxi in front of the hostel, of course it's hard to get after midnight every where.

We had a really nice stay, we actually felt at home there.

Thanks for this super trip in Seoul which couldn't have been so great without the Whitetail Backpacker & Hostel. Moreover, the guesthouse is very well located in Seoul, in a peaceful neighborhood, not so far from the Subway and bars of Hongik University

• 5th Jun 2014

Staff were very friendly and allowed us to check in early. Breakfast was basic but more than most hostels. Atmosphere was also friendly. The bathroom was a bit crowded, but with so many people and only two bathrooms it is to be expected since the toilet, shower and sink are all in one space. It is a bit of a walk from the metro stop, which is hot during the day but at night it is a very pleasant walk.

I only came for a couple of nights and ended up staying for two weeks! Jin and Jun ( the owners) are fantastic...its a home from home. It's so clean and comfortable, and anything you could need is pretty much within walking distance

• 30th May 2014

A very cozy place, staff are friendly and helpful. A very good place to make new friends.

• 29th May 2014
  • Malaysia

Extremely courteous and hospitable hosts!

Jin & Jun are the wonderful people managing this very well located backpacker in Seoul. The backpacker itself is always clean, good facilities to eat/buy really close, and great proximity to Hongik university makes it an awesome place for going out and living the Korean style. I highly recommand this place :)

Jin and Jun are incredibly sweet hosts! The guesthouse is very comfortable and homey feeling, and the free breakfast is a nice addition. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone looking for a cheap, clean and comfortable place in Seoul.

I've stayed in many hostels around the world, and this is the best I've stayed in! Jin and Jun are such kind, lovely people, and made the hostel experience really easy, comfortable, and enjoyable. The atmosphere is fantastic - great decor & people. Big love.

I had a really nice stay at this hostel. The staff were very nice and welcoming. I got a really good introduction to the city and country (I even got a lot of recommendations for Malaysia). If I ever come back i would chose this hostel again.

It's a new B&B, breakfast is great and rich, no only toast and jam. though its location is a litter bit far from the MTR, the staffs are nice and helpful, the atmosphere is good

I had a great stay here. Relaxed atmosphere and Jin and Jun made me feel very welcome and were able to help with any questions I had. It is located in a quieter area but the metro is close enough to be able to get about anywhere quite easily.