Whose suitcase? - Chei Chemodan? Reviews

Nevskij Prospekt 87, St Petersburg, Russia

Decent value for money considering the location and the fact that we're in St. Petersburg. Pros: - Fantastic view from the common area - Excellent location. - Clean room Cons: - Communication breakdown: Before arrival I e-mailed them 3 times with asking if it's ok I arrive a night. Not once did they write back. The staff seemed like slightly confused backpacker people more than professionals. - One shower with hot water for 20+ people is unacceptable. - Very small single room.

The staff was very friendly and they tried very hard to help. They were always cleaning the restrooms and common rooms. Our only complaint was our room was the size of a closet and there wasn't enough room for your bags and to walk. It also got very hot.

Might be good to warn people there are no windows in the rooms.

Very nice staff, and in a central location.

• 22nd Apr 2014

Was very disappointed.

I arrived few hours later than originally planned and they already sold my room to somebody else. I had to wait for them to prepare a different room than I booked. The room was super tiny with no window.

We stayed at the Whose suitcase? for 3 days. With its excellent location you can easily discover a lot of St. Petersburg even in a short period of time. The staff is very helpful! During the flight to St. Petersburg one of our suitcases was damaged and the staff helped us repairing it. The atmosphere is very warm and welcoming. After an exhausting day of sightseeing we would sit in the kitchen and talk to people from all over the world, looking onto Nevskij Prospekt through the window.

• 7th Apr 2014

I enjoyed my stay very much. Had a great time in St Petersburg, thanks to my comfortable and uncomplicated accommodation in Chei Chemodan.

Perfect Hostel, perfect location near Moscow railway station and directly on the Nevsky Prospect. Very good english speaking staff, very helpfull. The whole hostel is very very clean and the rooms are ok. The best thing is the common room with a view over the whole nevsky prospect. Wifi, Wasching machine and complete kitchen is also free for use.

Hostel was very nice and good value for money. Location is a bit far from historical heart of St. Petersburg, but very close to Moscow station and Metro station. Security was a bit poor. During the night front door was open and administrator was sleeping. Administrator spoke some English.

View all St Petersburg Hostels