Whose suitcase? - Chei Chemodan? Reviews

Nevskij Prospekt 87, St Petersburg, Russia

I traveled to Russia on my own and had a single room too myself. This hostel could not of been better for me, its clean nicely decorated and the people there are so friendly despite not many speaking English! the staff are great and when i next visit spb i will return here. The only down side is that some rooms lack windows, but have there own fans. This didnt matter to me as all i needed was a bed and this was perfect!

• 5th Aug 2014

it is situated exactly in Ploshad Vosstaniya station/ the train station. you can walk Nevisky prospect from the hostel to Hermitage.two female staff are charming, friendly and helpful. the place is clean and in good price for a single bed room. the room is small/compacted. it is ok but the fan is very very small (just like the palm/ for computers) so i cannot sleep well as it is a bit suffocating. more, there are loads of gangsters/ wanderers around the hostel so you have to be careful

Exellent location close to railway and metro stations and local bus connections. There is lot of traffic on the streets so earplugs are necessary. Nice interiors and fantastic view to the main street Nevsky Prospect.

Decent value for money considering the location and the fact that we're in St. Petersburg. Pros: - Fantastic view from the common area - Excellent location. - Clean room Cons: - Communication breakdown: Before arrival I e-mailed them 3 times with asking if it's ok I arrive a night. Not once did they write back. The staff seemed like slightly confused backpacker people more than professionals. - One shower with hot water for 20+ people is unacceptable. - Very small single room.

The staff was very friendly and they tried very hard to help. They were always cleaning the restrooms and common rooms. Our only complaint was our room was the size of a closet and there wasn't enough room for your bags and to walk. It also got very hot.

Might be good to warn people there are no windows in the rooms.

Very nice staff, and in a central location.

• 22nd Apr 2014

Was very disappointed.

I arrived few hours later than originally planned and they already sold my room to somebody else. I had to wait for them to prepare a different room than I booked. The room was super tiny with no window.

We stayed at the Whose suitcase? for 3 days. With its excellent location you can easily discover a lot of St. Petersburg even in a short period of time. The staff is very helpful! During the flight to St. Petersburg one of our suitcases was damaged and the staff helped us repairing it. The atmosphere is very warm and welcoming. After an exhausting day of sightseeing we would sit in the kitchen and talk to people from all over the world, looking onto Nevskij Prospekt through the window.

• 7th Apr 2014

I enjoyed my stay very much. Had a great time in St Petersburg, thanks to my comfortable and uncomplicated accommodation in Chei Chemodan.

View all St Petersburg Hostels