Why Not? Chillout Kiev Reviews

Gorkogo 22B/35, Kiev, Ukraine

No Rating

especially kind staff, really chill out atmosphere, thank you!

• 20th Aug 2013
  • Hungary

It's a great hostel staffed by friendly, helpful people. I was particularly impressed by the kitchen, which had pots, pans, dishes and cutlery for the guests to use at any time and by the flexibility of the staff, who do their best to find you a room as soon as you arrive and will store your luggage until well after checkout. After staying for one night, I found myself wishing I could extend my stay.

The female staff were incredible. The male staff was not helpful at all...to the point of refusing to help people that specifically asked for it! Location is not far from the main central area of Kiev. Not a lot of nightlife socializing. Quite a bit of sitting and drinking in the common area.

Excellent hostel for those who are interested in friendly or 'family" atmosphere)) I like it! You will live in apartments in the heart of the city and may walk all night long here... Staff is perfect and rooms are clean, I just like ask personnel about any carpet for bathroom cause it is too slippery and dangerous after shower. And this is the only one remark, almost everything is smart. As for breakfast you can visit any cafe around))

It's an awesome place! Actually the Why Not? Kiev and this hostel are together now and they are less then a minutes walk apart. so you can party in the Why Not and then relax at the Chillout Hostel. Staff is super friendly and helpful and beds are comfy! I definitely would recommend this place!

• 7th Jun 2013

I found the Chill Out comfortable, well-equipped and clean, in a good location and with helpful, friendly staff. It feels very relaxed, but is well organised, and there is a good atmosphere among the guests. No complaints at all, I would definitely stay here again!

Comfortable, relaxed vibe, helpful, friendly staff and located close to the centre! and with a powerful shower! All that you need in a hostel! :-)

Really friendly atmosphere, nice and available owner. Perfect location in one of the most charming street of the city centre.

Stayed in a 'private room' which was tiny with a mat layed on the floor and a small table but it was all I needed. The staff was friendly and helpful. Laid back atmosphere. I recommend it.

hostel is not groomed. open space was untidy. I didn't want to be in the kitchen and common area. But our room was clean. All the time spent there. About staff: thanks Lidka for her help! She told about interesting places and make atmosphere better)

loved the place. Small but cosy, good location, nice staff :)

• 6th Mar 2013
  • Finland

Small, cozy, friendly, more like staying in someone's home than a hostel. Much love.

Great staff and location. Chill environment.

• 9th Jan 2013

Really nice little hostel right in the center of town. Probably the best I've stayed in in Kiev and I've stayed in a lot of them there. One of the owners Jason was a really cool guy and we hung out together a few times. All the staff really make an effort to help you have a good time. Private room was quite big compared to others I've stayed in, with a big comfortable bed. They keep it really clean as well.

So many words to say! First, I need to say it was the same property that is shown on pictures, even better. Pictures can't send you emotional comfort you get while staying there. That's like to stay at your friend's place with his parents. Parents that take care of you 24 hours a day asking every hour whether you are hungry, want tea or coffee aren't you cold, do we have to turn on air-condition..etc. Thanks for everything))))

Thank you very much Leonid for helped. Chillout Hostel incredible style and very comfortable. Very clean. How I will be in Kiev I'll stop only in this hostel. And I recommend it to everyone.

I had a great time in Kiev with a large amount of credit for that going to Chillout Hostel. Jason was really friendly and even took everyone to a very local underground bar where I went back a few times during my week there. Super central location and near everything you need. Hostel pretty much has its own guard who is very compassionate to the idea of backpackers coming in at all hours of the day and night and will lead you to the hostel even though he doesn't speak English. Would go back!

It was perhaps the 5th visit at this hostel, and it is not laziness that I don´t want to check other spots. I like the atmosphere, the intense discussions and the fantastic staff. Jason, presumably a Swiss, was really keen on keeping it clean...

only one shower & one bathroom owner was very good, but staff was mindless

We now have our other shower/bathroom up and running. I'm sorry if our staff had their brains in storage during your stay.

The hostel is in a great upmarket location near the metro and a bunch of nice restaurants and shops. Basic but clean facilities and a nice atmosphere with friendly and helpful staff. We felt right at home and would recommend Chillout to anyone looking for a fair deal with a friendly smile in Kiev :)

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7