Why Not? Tbilisi - Legend Hostel Reviews

Tabukashvili Street 15 Tbilisi, Tbilisi, Georgia

A perfect name for this lovely hostel. Great atmosphere, easy to find and very aptly located. Staffs were very helpful and caring.

Great place in a nice city! The welcoming and easy-going staff at Why Not? will make sure you feel comfortable all the time. Rooms are nice and big, the place is cosy, the included breakfast is good, and the hostel is 2mins away from Rustaveli Av. but in a quiet backstreet. Ideal!!

No complaints here--great hostel in a great neighborhood. The guy working the desk was helpful and just an overall good dude. I stayed at multiple hostels in Tbilisi and can say that WhyNot had the most "backpackery" feel to all of them. Heck, it even had a couple of those loungey, never-leave-the-hostel backpackers who hang out on their laptops all day for entire months as part of their 'travels'. Complete package!

Nice hostel with friendly and relaxed atmosphere. Helpful staff, they recommended me few "must visit place" and it was great! Perfect location, next to the main street, lot of bars and shops around. And of course I like their huge common room, where I met nice travellers

Very good hostel in the heart of Old city of Tbilisi with very friendly and helpful stuff. I strongly recommend you this place, cause you`ll feel here like at home. with good breakfast, and rooms are heated so i did not froze my self like in other hostels in Tbilisi, this place means home to me in Tbilisi.

• 5th Nov 2015
  • Poland

The bathroom was absolutely disgusting!! I can emphasise this enough. Their was a constant horrible smell, someones underwear on the floor our entire stay, no toilet paper and the showers were feral. Not showering was an option for our stay- thats how bad it was. Our room was freezing, even when we turned the heating on, and we were given thin sheets and a cove. We wern't sure of the girl working there was a guest or a member of staff- she was asleep on the couch during the day.

I stayed in Why Not several times and always feel there like at home. This is a wonderful place with ideal location and with very nice atmosphere. All the staff is very friendly, and they are more than happy to help you with any questions you might have. I would absolutely recommend this hostel to anyone visiting Tbilisi.

• 23rd Oct 2015
  • Poland

Only two showers, and for some of my stay, only one toilet - it's just not enough. The bathroom is messy, with piles of laundry all over the place. The showers are only separated from the rest of the room by useless curtains with gaps so there's no privacy. Someone walked in on me while I was having a shower. I won't go into details about the behaviour of another guest in the shower (it was a guy, take a guess)... Bedroom and staff were ok, but I wouldn't recommend this hostel for women.

Cost only $15 a night but this place was downright unclean and had just one toilet to be shared among all guests. Stinky carpets, no cleaners to tidy up the place & washrooms without doors. And they didn't send my cab to the airport as promised. The next day, a tour I had booked to go to Kazbegi was cancelled too. While helpful, the staff seemed disinterested & were busy on their iPads. Beds were uncomfortable and there was poor ventilation in the rooms (only one table fan) so it got stuffy.

• 22nd Sep 2015
  • India

Was there and it was great! Anastasia, the girl from the reception was great and was doing more for us than what she should have done. I think if everybody would be like her the world would be a better place :) Tip: put a sign outside in the street so people know where the hostel is.

• 31st Aug 2015
  • Romania

This hostel has a great atmosphere and lots of character, the staff are lovely, and the hostel is very fair, for instance the laudry is 2 Lari, or free if you stay at least two nights.However..their were only 2 toilets for over 40 people and two showers which are together in a shared open bathroom.I would stay here again fir the atmosphere, but there are better and cheaper hostels elsewhere.

what can one say booked for one stayed a week, ok need to. but hostel great staff make it a great place to go, just watch out they get over book at times!

nice hostel near rustaveli. very social atmosphere with lots of people hanging out in the common room.

Loved the social atmosphere of the hostel, but the dorms and especially the bathrooms need some serious renovation and werent very clean.

• 22nd Aug 2015

The girl who was working the nightshift was very rude, but the other one was really nice and our stay there was great.

• 15th Aug 2015

Perfect hostel in Tbilisi! But beware of tours, if you are in a group (we were four people) rent a taxi will be more convenient!

Great hostel with friendly staff. Located near city center. Bike-friendly, there is a place to keep a bike.

• 7th Aug 2015
  • Russia

Very cosy hostel in center of Tbilisi with so great atmosphere and incredible friendly and helpful staff. Breakfast included in a price is a great advantage.

The lack of air conditioning in August prevents staying in the hostel at the noon hours.