Why Not? Tbilisi - Legend Hostel Reviews

Tabukashvili Street 15 Tbilisi, Tbilisi, Georgia

I really don't understand how this hostel has such a high rating. The whole place was disgusting, there were pathetically few toilets/showers, the staff was really unhelpful, and the place seemed to attract a really unsavory, horny, pot-smoking crowd which made us feel quite unsafe. But I guess if that's your thing, it's not so bad.

I am so happy we chose Why not? hostel, now we know where to stay when we are in Tbilisi, Thanks a lot

• 3rd Jul 2015
  • Armenia

This is an amazing hostel. Very relaxed and friendly atmosphere and the staff couldn't be more helpful. This is what a hostel should be!

• 28th Jun 2015

Nice hostel in city centre. Beds were in terrible condition and rooms were very hot.

Is a very recomendable place to stay.

• 22nd Jun 2015
  • Spain

fantastic hostel. great environment, staff make you feel at home and welcome. chacha is always flowing and good times are had by all! will stay here again!

Good location, close to some places of interest, and nice staff!

Good hostel in the center, close to the subway and the old town. The facilities are somewhat basic, but the friendly staff and the welcoming atmosphere make up for it. Amazing place to meet fellow travelers!

I loved everything about this hostel....

This is the best hostel I have ever stayed!!! Soo cosy!! You feel like at home! I love the idea to take off your shoes when entering! There is a lovely common room where you can easily meet other travellers! The staff is absolutely friendly, open and helpful! They organize some going out and give very good pieces of advice! We were 5 girls from Poland, we stayed there all 4 nights and we had such fun! Excellent! Such great memories! THANK you guys for what you do!!!

I stayed two nights at Why Not and it was an amazing hostel. The staff is friendly and always helpful and the location is great, just besides Tbilisis main Rustaveli Avenue and in walking distance to all main attractions. Why Not is also a great place to meet fellow backpackers.

The bad: beds are quite springy, 3 showers and toilets for 40+ beds, some rooms are quite hot, and the staff will push tours and misrepresent public transit options. The good: the most social hostel in Tbilisi, but rooms stay quiet. Overall the staff is helpful and very engaging. A+ for cleanliness Sum-up: Not a great hostel, but a good one and maybe Tbilisi’s best. A centrally located place where you will undoubtedly meet fellow travelers. Not for those seeking creature comforts.

The shower room and the toilets were very dirty. The flush were broken. The kitchen was dirty. The room was dirty too. The bed was unconfortable. We don't understand why this hostel has such good reviews .

This hostel has a great location and decent, English speaking staff. The shared kitchen is also well equipped. However, there are definitely some things that need improvement here, such as bed comfort and the bizarre affair that is breakfast.The most serious issue here though is the laughable toilet situation. There are only two individual toilets all the way downstairs (with one in the room with the showers) and one upstairs. The latter is only a URINAL though, not ideal for women...

Great place to stay for backpackers

Very centrally located. Good value for what you pay. Staff is very helpful. Recommended.

I had originally reserved this hostel for four days, but ended up checking out after two. While the staff was nice enough and let me check in really late when I had a late flight, I was so uncomfortable in my room with the bed and the other people that I had to leave. I've had a lot of hostel experiences - none of them bad - but this made me hesitant to go to another hostel in the future. I moved to a hotel after two nights here and my vacation got 100000 times better.

• 14th Mar 2015

Thank You for your review. We do our best for guests to have comfortable sleep and stay, however its not our fault that you did not like other guests in your dormitory room. Maybe you should check private room next time? Best regards Why Not team.

This is the best hostel I have ever stayed at! The staff is incredibly friendly and helpful, and the common room is a great place to meet other travelers. A delicious breakfast every morning is also a plus!

• 9th Mar 2015

Amazing place to stay in Tbilisi! It's 3 minutes from Liberty Square, in a quiet cozy street. Christoph, Sesil and Teo are super! Here you can meet anyone - from globetrotter to businessman from Turkye cooking unbelievable dinners for all guests! Thanks you Mohammed ))) But don't expect too much from the included breakfasts.