Wicked Hostels - Calgary Reviews

1505 MacLeod Tr. SE, Calgary, Canada

Very nice and helpful staff. It was nice to use the phone for free for international calls

• 1st Sep 2014

Love the free laundry system, great wifi. Very comfy mattress. Location is close to 4th St & its activities but I found it very sketchy walking right around the hostel at 9:30pm on a Saturday night.

I have never stayed in a hostel before and was pleasantly surprised. I don't think I'll ever stay in a hotel again! Everything was always clean, the staff were helpful, and I never felt unsafe. The free breakfast was good, the showers had excellent water pressure (my usual hotel pet peeve), and the bunk beds were large and comfy. I met some really cool people and the atmosphere of the hostel was super friendly and all about having fun. Would recommend to anyone looking to stay somewhere awesome!

• 29th Aug 2014

It's a very nice hostel with a very good price. Perfectly to spend few days.

• 27th Aug 2014

We went with a group of brazilian students from the Science Without Borders and everything was cool! The staff are amazing!

• 27th Aug 2014

Fun plan and everyone is friendly.

• 25th Aug 2014
  • Pakistan

It's a great place to stay but learnt on my arrival that they don't allowed Alberta residence to stay in the hostel and they gave me the reason that they don't consider Alberta residence as backpackers. I was able to stay because my cousin was from U.K.

Awesome. Just awesome. The staff, if you get to know them, are awesome people and even though Wicked is one of the smaller hostels I've stayed in it is definitely more intimate. Everyone really goes out of their way to help you with anything you need and I loved that there was a nice mix of people there. Wish I was back there now....

• 10th Aug 2014

I have been reclmmending this hostel to everyone. I mean the free breakfast is great, but they did my laundry for free, I was able to call for free on their internet phone anywhere in the world! A free computer and printer use, great atmosphere and staff where very thorough with helping. Id stay again!

Very helpful and friendly staff, the location is good (near the train station and about 8 min from downtown). Good wifi, good breakfast, the bathrooms are clean, the laundry is free, the international calls are free (that's awesome!). The only thing was the temperature in the rooms, it was very cold.

great place to stay. i was driving out to the rockies from winnipeg and needed a place to stay fir a few nights in calgary on the way. This is a great place. great location too right beside the ctrain station. will stay again.

• 7th Aug 2014

The girl who greeted us and checked us in, her name escapes me but she had red hair, was incredibly friendly, as was the rest of the staff. However, she stood out as being helpful in every way. The breakfast was better than expected full of great healthy options. No one was ever rude to us and nothing was stolen or misplaced. The bathrooms were always clean and having multiple showers made it easy to stay on schedule. Overall, just an amazing experience.

• 7th Aug 2014

Everything perfect. That is rare! Thanks.

• 2nd Aug 2014

This place is in a decent location walking distance to downtown and train station right across the street with easy access to shopping malls. It's handy the laundry is done you here means you have more time to yourself. Breakfast is decent to fruit cereal etc. Helpful girl on reception. The only thing here there's no lockers in the room. It's also noisy here the room i was in was beside the kitchen dining area. There is a 12 am noise policy but i heard people at 3-4 am talking outside the room.

Cool place to spend your stay in Calgary, great staff (and owner) which are not just there for work, but can also still enjoy the hostel life with the guest. Beds might have been the most comfortable in my whole Canada trip. Rooms and bathrooms are kept pretty clean at all times. Little unfortunate that the common room is adjacent to several dorm rooms, but I guess that just encourages you to get out and enjoy the Calgary night-life.

• 30th Jul 2014

Bardzo dobrze prowadzony hostel. Nawet ci pranie darmo zrobia. Brakuje tylko szafek na rzeczy w pokokach wieloosobowych.

Nice place, nice people, great stay. Plenty of spices available for cooking, tea & coffee available, great breakfast. Would stay again!

Best hostel i'ver ever been to!

• 27th Jul 2014
  • Switzerland
  • All Male Group, 18-24

One of the noisiest hostels I've ever been to. Albeit they have signs posted for quiet time after 12am, that rule was not observed or enforced. Music was cranked and people were yelling at the top of their lungs until around 3am.

• 27th Jul 2014