Wicked Hostels - Calgary Reviews

1505 MacLeod Tr. SE, Calgary, Canada

Excellent location, friendly staff and great value for the money. Just be careful, there's a casino within walking distance!!

• 24th Jul 2015

It was easy to find, the staff were extremely helpful particularly with knowledge about calgary, the people were kind and the rooms were very clean and comfortable. it was a very relaxed stay i even extended my stay for a few nights which was no problem - no complications

• 23rd Jul 2015

Excellent hostel, will stay here anytime I am in Calgary. Friendly helpful staff, lots of free bonuses,internal phone calls, and laundry as well as breakfast.

The staffs here are helpful and friendly, and the people I met here as well. I really love the cozy couch in there. It's really comfortable. Also, they offer many kinds of drinks all day long and free breakfast! It's really good there. I'd love to go back again.

We had a fabulous stay!! This place is fun, friendly, located perfectly, and very clean. The kitchen is super well-appointed. We made some seriously gourmet meals and had more than adequate equipment. Breakfast was nice to have free. We made some great new friends who we know we will stay in touch with. Free phone is excellent, and computers and wifi worked great. Staff was very efficient and helpful. We were very impressed and will definitely be back. Fantastic all around!! Thanks!

• 14th Jul 2015
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Had a great time. Friendly staff and great atmosphere.

• 12th Jul 2015

Really great place to stay! Exceeded my expectations. Would recommend to all fellow travellers!

• 10th Jul 2015

Stayed here during the last 2 days of Stampede - such a welcoming environment for someone who has never been to Calgary! Very accommodating, clean and overall a great place to stay.

• 10th Jul 2015

Best hostel in Canada... friendly helpful staff and great .meeting place for other like minded travellers

Had a great stay. Staff were very helpful and enjoyed the fun and social environment.

• 8th Jul 2015
  • New Zealand

In order to enjoy Calgary Stampede, this hostel is very excellent hostel. First of all, this hostel is almost extremely close to Calgary Stampede. Between Calgary Stampede Park and this hostel, I takes about 5 minutes to walk. Just right across from hostel, Calgary Stampede Park is located. Breakfast is provide between 6:00 am and 11:00 am. Lots of chance to hang out with fellow travellers.

Only stayed at the hostel for one night but wish I could have stayed longer. Really clean, super friendly staff, nightly activities and a great atmosphere. Couldn't ask for more! Location is close to downtown, right next to train stop plus it's right opposite the stampede ground which is what I was in town for. Excellent place to stay would recommend it.

• 5th Jul 2015

First time staying at a hostel, i think they set the bar a little high!

• 5th Jul 2015

Amazing time at Wicked for the Stampede! They had fun activities planned from the minute we walked in the door. Can't beat the location directly across from the entrance to the Stampede grounds. It was nice to see the owner Gary and his son Jeff around quite often making sure everyone was enjoying themselves. The staff was super friendly and went the extra mile with cleanliness, and offered free wifi, printing, breakfast and even a laundry service. Can't wait to visit again next year!

The location was excellent. Next to Stampede, to the tram station and within walking distance to the city's center. Jeff is very knowledgeable, and knows the city and attractions as the palm of his hand. The downside is that In the absence of Jeff it was difficult to get information. The other staff members were super friendly, but had very limited knowledge of the city. I loved the breakfast, great wifi.

Amazing fellow guests + staff. Dani was really helpful, kind, and fun to talk to, even though I probably came off as an idiot American tourist at first. They offer laundry + international calling for free, and it seemed like people were really hanging out together and engaging, which was awesome. Great place, great vibe inside, really clean + well decorated. Would absolutely stay again, and probably will :). Thanks, guys - you rock!

• 29th Jun 2015

lockers would be great! apart from that perfect hostel :)

The hostel is ok, though it lacks many of the amenities and activities that other hostels provide. Facilities are clean, however, and the common room provides a nice area to hangout throughout the day. Staff can be hard to find at times as they are not always by the front desk.

I enjoyed my time at Wicked Hostels - Calgary. The all staff were very helpful. I did not have a chance to communicate with other guests or roommates there because I sleep early and get up early. There is no cabinet to lock your stuff in the room, but they have a big storage room in first floor to keep things safe. I hope next time I can stay longer there.

Thought the kitchen needed a spruce up. The staff were great, full of fun, and very trustworthy, after putting our key through the window, and forgetting our $20 refund, that she ran after us with the $20.

• 15th Jun 2015