Wicked Hostels - Calgary Reviews

1505 MacLeod Tr. SE, Calgary, Canada

Great place to stay. Could do with a few minor improvements to make it allot better. 1. A night light and plank for bed. 2. A dusting of blinds and windows. 3. Fixing broken room lights.

I loved it. I had tons of fun, met many interesting people and everyone was so nice and friendly. They have everything you need. You don't need to bring towels or sheets, they even have a blower.

• 15th Apr 2014
  • Dominican Republic

The hostel is in a sketchy part of town, but it is only about a 15 minute walk to downtown and is right across from a tram station. The staff were friendly and helpful. Having free breakfast every morning definitely helped start my days right. The room (a 6-bed room) was a little tight, but there was no need to spend much time in it. Everything was clean. Recommended!

• 8th Apr 2014

This is a great hostel--things like irons, free breakfast, and a steady stream of fun activities organized nearly every night by staff add an extra touch to nice, clean facilities and generally high quality service.

• 7th Apr 2014

cant complain only hostel in calgary.

Friendly staff, inviting environment, great people

• 3rd Apr 2014
  • Belgium

When we had initially red the reviews and info about this hostel, we were a little hesitant at first as we just had a nights stopover in Calgary, but we were so glad that we stayed here as the staff are fantastic, everyone at the hostel were so friendly and you could walk into a room and have everyone say hello, so it was so easy to meet and get to know other travellers. Even better was the breakfast, the range was fantastic and because they have longer hours to eat, there is no rush. Loved it!

The gentleman who checked us in was extremely friendly and helpful.

• 1st Apr 2014

Guy that checked us in was really nice and helpful

• 1st Apr 2014

Base on my experience and some of travelers I have met in Wicked hostel - room # 2 - we / I had trouble for sleep. I / we can hear people talking after 12 am, amazingly they won't quite after 4:30 am. So next day I decided to check out and cancelled my next day stay.

• 28th Mar 2014
  • Indonesia

Great staff, great people...

• 23rd Mar 2014
  • Croatia

Great staff and a lot fun. Would definitely recommend.

• 23rd Mar 2014

This hostel had a fairly relaxed atmosphere. I was only there for a night, and I arrived very late and left early, but everyone I met was friendly, even though most of them were probably 20 years younger than me (at least!).

• 14th Mar 2014
  • New Zealand

A fantastic hostel. Spotlessly clean, great staff, free international phone calls/printing a very rare and wonderful thing. It's not in the middle of Downtown but it's only one train stop away so still incredibly convenient. I'd highly recommend staying here, I'll be back.

Nice hostel, located in a little bit creepy neighbourhood, but still close to downtown and 17th avenue, one of the best place to hang out in the city. The hostel is very clean, and the staff is friendly. If you are a Canadian citizen, they will require your drivers license, because they want to be sure you are not a local, which was quite annoying for me because I don't have one. I was travelling from Quebec, and my passport seemed not to be enough. They let me enter anyway, fortunately :)

I just spent one night here. They have the best beds I've ever seen in a hostel! Soft comforter and pillow, firm mattress... And you don't have to make it! Rooms upstairs are quite quiet and bathrooms are clean and spacious. But downstairs is much more noisy. Very friendly staff.

• 9th Mar 2014

Great place, good energy and vibe. Clean and well taken care of, manager always on the watch to make sure everyone is comfortable. One remarque : I wish there was a way to spot those who snore and the light sleepers and try to direct them to different dorms.

• 28th Feb 2014
  • Morocco

Keep it up guy's! A back packers run hostel for the other back packers:)

• 27th Feb 2014
  • Nepal

the hostel is more like a flat-sharing community than an actual hostel but that's what I loved about it. You meet people so easily and they are the cooles people around! :) Really enjoyed my time, wish I could've stayed longer!!!!

• 9th Feb 2014

Decent place... two minor complaints: 1) they didn't do enough about the loud drunk screaming in the hallway at 3am; and 2) they don't let you wear your shoes inside, which was especially gross in the bathrooms. But otherwise, the place was fine.

« first « Prev 1 2 3