Wicked Hostels - Calgary Reviews

1505 MacLeod Tr. SE, Calgary, Canada

Roommate is nice.

• 25th May 2015

Very close to train station and downtown.

The guy working front desk barely spoke a word to us and wasn't helpful at all when checking in or out.

• 16th May 2015

Great atmosphere .

Met great people and enjoyed to be there.

The breakfast was great, lots of variety. The free spices in the kitchen was a great help. The hostel is right near the train station which is fantastic but the area was a little sketchy...

Great place had an awesome stay. Staff was friendly and helpful. Place was clean and well organized. I feel it could use small lockers in the rooms for valuables but i never felt unsafe of leaving things unlocked.

• 17th Apr 2015

It was great fun to experience melting pot of world cultures and talk to people about their travels.

• 16th Apr 2015

Awesome Hostel :) Very cosy and the staff were awesome, nice environment in the hostel and super handy to everything. Go the Flames!

• 16th Apr 2015
  • New Zealand

I've stayed many times- my perks are high speed wifi better than any hotel I've stayed at, the location is prime if you are going to the stampede grounds- nice bakery a block away too. The hostel is reasonably clean, I found three different colours of hairs in and on my bed this time, kind of gross. The lobby reeked of cigarette smoke which is unpleasant, but it's most likely the staff smoking beside the door. But the bed is comfy so I just crashed in my room. :)

The staff was amazing

• 10th Apr 2015

We had a great time at the Wicked Hostel. It was clean and the breakfast was great. and we were watching a movie all together in the evening! And its very clean and they even asked us if the temperature in our room is alright. And the best I forgot my phone charger in the hostel and I contact them if they could send it to me. They went to the postoffice to find out about prices and how long it would take. Thats awsome I really appriciated that. I really recommend this hostel and would go back.

• 6th Apr 2015
  • Switzerland

This hostel made my Calgary trip what it was. Staff are incredibly friendly and welcoming provide an amazing atmosphere throughout the entire hostel. Events put on by the hostel were fun, and they even provided a little Easter Egg hunt and free Easter Sunday meal for the guests. I have no faults at all with this hostel and would recommend it to anyone going to Calgary.

I spent at the hostel my first Easter away from home, but I still had the feeling of being part of a bigger family! Great atmosphere and great staff :)

They have anything that bagpackers need. Awesome!

Friendly and with a helping Hand!

• 20th Mar 2015

This was a great fun hostel! I arrived the day after St Patricks so the common area was hangover central, but the atmosphere was still inviting. The beds were amazingly comfortable, the free laundry was something I have never seen before and the staff were very helpful. There was a good party vibe but with a quiet time starting at 12, if you want to carry on you need to head out. Had one issue getting there. The bus doesn't tell you the stop you need so ask the driver! Could use lockers in rooms

Best hostel choice in Calgary!

• 17th Mar 2015

I loved the hostel experience, loved people, loved the ambience. Had an awesome time! See you again soon wikcked :)

• 14th Mar 2015
  • India

Perfect location, got lucky and had a car show on across the road, rooms and bathrooms were all kept clean, they did our laundry for us which was excellent. Was an issue with 2 people but staff handled it right away and perfectly. Really impressed with this place.