Wicked Hostels - Calgary Reviews

1505 MacLeod Tr. SE, Calgary, Canada

lockers would be great! apart from that perfect hostel :)

The hostel is ok, though it lacks many of the amenities and activities that other hostels provide. Facilities are clean, however, and the common room provides a nice area to hangout throughout the day. Staff can be hard to find at times as they are not always by the front desk.

I enjoyed my time at Wicked Hostels - Calgary. The all staff were very helpful. I did not have a chance to communicate with other guests or roommates there because I sleep early and get up early. There is no cabinet to lock your stuff in the room, but they have a big storage room in first floor to keep things safe. I hope next time I can stay longer there.

Kinda looks like a brothel, just saying

• 19th Jun 2015
  • Switzerland

Thought the kitchen needed a spruce up. The staff were great, full of fun, and very trustworthy, after putting our key through the window, and forgetting our $20 refund, that she ran after us with the $20.

• 15th Jun 2015
  • New Zealand
  • Couple, 41+

This hostel is simply amazing!! This is the second time I get there and the atmosphere was great, or even better than the first time. The owner is really nice and I think he's really trying to make his hostel a special place to be for everybody. The facilities are good, the staff is amazingly nice and kind, the breakfast is big and good (there is Nutella!!), and the activities are well organized with a really good vibe. I really liked to stay there and I would definitely recommend !!

The best stay I ever had in a hostel during my time in Canada. Thanks a lot! :)

• 12th Jun 2015

great staff - so helpful

• 11th Jun 2015

Staff were very friendly, and very helpful, great vibe to the place, look forward to returning :p

• 10th Jun 2015

Great stay, comfy clean bed and place to stay. Friendly staff. Great showers and good thing the fire alarm did not go off from burnt popcorn otherwise it would have been a nightmare.

• 9th Jun 2015

We had an amazing stay. Out first hostel stay. We would have liked a locker, like we have seen since. Everyone was extremely helpful, and friendly. Breakfast was fantastic and the hostel was exellently located. Staff even attended to our laundry. A very well run hostel. We would definitely stay at Wicked again.

• 7th Jun 2015
  • Couple, 41+

Great staff and great atmosphere, right next to Stampede stadium and metro line. Walking distance to downtown and bars on 17th

Too cold in the private rooms and too hot in the dorms. Air con needs changing

The owner has got it sussed at this hostel - the first place I've stayed in (and I've stayed in my fair share of hostels!) that offers a free laundry service, free printing and free international calls. Plus, he organised a hostel night out which worked out to be very cheap and must have personally cost him out of pocket. If you're going to stay in Calgary, definitely check out Wicked Hostels and give Jeff a high five. Keep doing what you're doing man!

Very polite and helpful staff, great facilities (free breakfast, free laundry), nice rooms, good location (right next to train station). A wonderful experience!

• 5th Jun 2015
  • Singapore
  • All Male Group, 18-24

I stayed at the Wicked Hostel for one night, to catch my flight the next day. My experience with this hostel was wonderful. The girl (from Germany, forgot her name) at the front desk was more than kind and the hostel looked nice and clean. The rooms are big so lots of space for your stuff etc. Bathroom was perfect, you could even use straightning irons etc. They do your laundry for free!! It was perfect for me as a girl who travelled a lot before that. I had a great last night and day. Thanks!

• 4th Jun 2015

Very friendly and helpful staff, great to chat with and more than willing to help!

Great staff, great atmosphere and just a great stay. Thanks!

• 2nd Jun 2015

I liked that the staff were very understanding with my situation. I was in Calgary racing a marathon and I was expecting to finish it after 11 am. I asked the people at the hostel if they would allow me to occupy the room for an additional half an hour, so I can have time to shower and get ready to leave. The staff extended my check out time at no extra charge.

Staff were friendly and helpful. Cost was approx. 1/4 of that of a hotel. Location was directly across from a train stop. Guest were friendly. Would recommend to anyone!

• 27th May 2015