Wickham Retreat Backpackers Reviews

25-27 Wickham st East Perth, Perth, Australia

Very warm and welcoming

• 14th May 2015

Really nice hostel, very friendly atmosphere and staff. Free wi-fi with a strong signal, pool table and tv's, plenty of bathrooms so there are no queues in the morning, free food (they provide free cereals, rice and pasta, as well as spices, cooking oils etc.) If you want a really nice hostel experience, this is a great place to stay. You'll more than likely make good friends here who you can have great experiences with. It's very near food shops and bus stations too, to get around.

• 24th Apr 2015

Simply one of the best hostel I went to in Australia! Very nice place with free wifi, free laundry, free BBQ... free everything!!! Love it!

People are great, everyone know each other. Sandwich day is perfect and no hassle of worries to buy food for breakfast everything is there. I would definitely come back.

• 17th Apr 2015
  • Poland

Wickham Retreat is small but very friendly and having breakfast provided is great. The yellow 29 stop is. 250 metres from the hostel. Get the 37/40 bus from Terminal 3 and get of at Bennet/Adlalaide junction and walk up the hill and then walk 450 metres to Wickham Retreat.(4.40 dollars). I am a mature backpacker (55 years) and I loved every minute of my stay.

Only nice people and staff. Amazing atmosphere.

Not impressed about being in a room outside and having to walk through rain and dark to get to main building for bathrooms/toilets. There's not enough lighting to see keypad to unlock main door. Sign at front to point to main entrance at side would have been handy. My doona cover was still damp and towels were not in room. For the type of room we had i don't think we had value for money.

• 9th Apr 2015
  • All Female Group, 41+

Hi there, Sorry about all that and we do like to have feed back on all our stuff but for $35 per night The Hilton hotel is a 10 min walk $350 per night

My first hostel experience so I had no comparisons. I've since moved on and this place is the benchmark. It's not a party hostel but there's TV's and a pool table so there's enough to keep you busy. Very clean. The 2 girls who work there have a good Hoover and tidy up every morning as well as clean the kitchen. Close to the free buses into the CBD. FREE wifi and laundry. FREE snap on certain days with BBQ and sandwich night Safes for personal items. Staff are brilliant. VFM 10/10

Very very nice Hostel with a great atmosphere and cool people!! It's a small hostel, but this fact makes it so nice. Rooms will clean every day. There are sandwich and barbecue evenings. I would stay there again!!

• 27th Mar 2015

Very nice hostel, well located and the staff was really helpful. We arrived very late, no one was attending the reception so Virginie left a note for us with all the details about our room, and where to find the key. She had sent me an email with the door codes to get in. Very nice and helpful. Thank you again :)

A really great hostel. It is quite small but I met a lot of new people and it never got boring there. The staff is great and the hostel is very clean and you get some free food. If you're looking for a relaxed place to stay in Perth, you should go to the Wickham Retreat.

Perfect place with great atmosphere. All in one hostel, no add on like towel and laundry. Even free food with a lot of options.

The staff was great, the hostel casual and friendly. Almost everything about it was sufficient apart from one extremely significant problem. The air con unit in our room either didn't work properly or could not keep up with heat from day time temps. We had no way overnight circulate cool outside air into the room. All three nights, the temp in our room was above 30 (celsius). I felt like I was suffocating from the heat on the top bunk and slept horribly, if at all. Don't stay here when it's hot.

• 15th Feb 2015

Spent a weekend of which one lovely Sunday evening hanging out with the others and the staff. Easy to reach from downtown, good atmosphere and loads of free food (in the morning leftovers and some days of the week in the evening).

Really nice and quiet place. Nearest bus station is about 10min walk from hostel. Good free breakfast. Staff was really friendly.

Lovely place, didn't want to leave! great that so many extras are free. Had a great time and would recommend to anyone.

Wickham Retreat is such a great place. I was even sad that I had to leave. Everybody was so nice - the staff, the backpackers and the owner. It felt like home from the begining. I will definitely come back.

• 20th Jan 2015

An excellent place to stay. Great atmosphere and staff. Would definitely recommend and would return.

• 15th Jan 2015

Good stay, nice people around. Easy to get in touch with people. A tiny bit to expensive. Would stay there again!

• 15th Jan 2015
  • Switzerland

The atmosphere was great, very welcoming and there was plenty going on. There's an excellent vibe about the place and I would certainly stay here again.