Wickham Retreat Backpackers Reviews

25-27 Wickham st East Perth, Perth, Australia

I ended up staying there for a full week. It is my first time staying in hostel so nothing to compare to, but this will be a definite top hostel in my life. really really nice staff, they care you a lot, and nice people, lots of food for free, three nights of sandwich and pizza night,- and it is plenty of food,,,, and high variety- I will come here sometimes, when I want to refresh myself.! I want to recommend this place for sure to anyone who visits east perth. convenient free bus location too!

• 14th Jul 2014
  • South Korea

One of the best hostels. I have no complaints. Live to stay there. Nice people around.

I thought this hostel was a little scary when i first arrived and didn't have any idea who was in charge let alone where the reception was, however, after my first night i realised the staff were very friendly and made me feel welcome. The breakfast provided is good and evening meal only is offered on some days but its not worth paying the extra cost i have stayed in hostels for a cheaper price and bought my own food which still worked out cheaper than paying 44 dollars per night.

• 19th Jun 2014

Close to town and free public transport. Free food and sleeping in the private shack outside was ace! Quiet, easy going hostel, would definitely come again.

A very efficiently-run, clean and well-organised backpackers' hostel....the staff really look after you!

Great hostel, very friendly staff, just a bit far away of the center (15min walking), no big deal. Free buses around the corner. Free breakfast and food. Not a party hotel.

The hostel is really nice and everything is absolutely as free as advertised. Sure, there are a lot of long-timers there but I fail to see how that's a bad thing! The people I met were lovely and I had a great time.

• 3rd Jun 2014
  • Sweden

Had such a good time! staff and the occupants were so friendly!

The staff are great and couldn't be any more helpful. It is in a nice and quiet area of town also but is close to the centre.

• 3rd Jun 2014

The atmosphere and staff were quite nice and friendly. The only problem was quietness for sleeping. Facilities and food all were free (included).

• 30th May 2014
  • Iran

It's like home, wonderful for long staying!

• 28th May 2014

Home away from home - this I actually thougt after coming back the second time! great place to meet new people and the food-night are absolutely awesome! can definetly recommend this place!

Great place for single female

• 18th May 2014

Although WRB might not be the cheapest, after all it is well worth the money. There are many travellers and also Working Holiday Makers, so you will find people to socialize easily. The staff was very nice and helped with finding the hostel from airport. The free food is great and the location is good enough, because you can walk to city centre in about 15 - 20 minutes. The hostel has a very nice and respectful atmosphere. My sleep was excellent. I felt comfortable and recommend this hostel.

Very comfortable, quiet, very serene like environment. Well organized and always well prepared to help if any was needed. Money very well balanced, it is certainly more expensive than other hostels but offers a lot more of them. According to me the best hostel in Perth. Thank you and goodbye.

Nice place, although pretty expensive. Breakfast is provided and it's unlimited in time, so you can eat even at noon :-) Free WiFi, laundry (no dryer), lockers are outside the room. In evenings often there is movie on. Most people seem to be kind of long-termers. Location is fine, walking distance from CBD and in quiet area.

Hi Magdalena, glad you enjoyed your stay. We do have dryers which are available to use free when clothes wont dry outside ie night time and rainy/cloudy days. They are next to the washing machines. The long termers are backpackers who like the place so much they just keep extending their stay here. Meanwhile I hope you are having a great time on your road trip. Chris

located on the out skirts of the CBD this place is a converted house with dorms and a private room. We arrived around 10:30 pm and the staff was there to meet us. They were very nice, provided a big free breakfast, kept the place very clean. We paid $90 (US) for two people in a private room, which was a converted garage. We felt the price was a bit steep as we had to walk across the yard to the main house to use the toilet. This was not disclosed upon booking, only stated "shared bathroom."

It also states that the private room is separate from the main building. Yes it is a converted house as it gives the majority of our guests a homely feeling and in our description it does say that we are away from the city centre about a 20 minute walk. This ensures our guests do get a good nights sleep.

Everything was good and peaceful during our stay. Except that there is one night a drunk guest scare us during our stay. Overall it's a good hostel.

• 15th Apr 2014
  • Malaysia

Great hostel with very friendly and helpfull staff. It has a good atmosphere (like a home atmosphere, it is not a party hostel), as it is small so you get to meet a lot of people. It is not that close to the city centre but there are free buses to get there. It is a bit pricey but there is free breakfast/food and no extra charge, plus Perth itself is very expensive.

Perfect place, everything is good, free food, free laundry, wifi works perfectly, you can use computers and print free, don't hesitate!