Wickham Retreat Backpackers Reviews

25-27 Wickham st East Perth, Perth, Australia

The atmosphere was great, very welcoming and there was plenty going on. There's an excellent vibe about the place and I would certainly stay here again.

Very friendly place

• 2nd Jan 2015
  • Sweden

No complains, no compliments! It was just an average hostel!

Whickham Retreat is an overall good hostel. People and staff are nice and respectful and one can definitely enjoy staying there. It's a bit expensive though, but still pays out if you're completely new to Perth, because you can benefit from free bread, milk, cereals, laundry, sandwich and barbecue day and so on. They have lockers too and you can take the free CAT bus line from there to travel around in Perth's CBD.

The Toilette I used had no paper in the morning. And there was no one at the reception when I had to leave at 7.30am. I fortunately found a person who took my key for the locker and handed the deposit to me.

• 3rd Dec 2014

Not the best hostel I've stayed in, but certainly not the worst. Friendly staff and lots of delicious free food. Many people I met staying there were people looking for jobs. Rooms are hot with no air-con, leaving them smelly when packed with people. Not bad overall, but it would be nice to have lockers.

Really great hostel, setup like an inner city home !!! Beats all other Australian hostels. Definitely worth a few extra dollars. Friendly and welcoming place, unlike the city of Perth itself !!

Very nice staff ! very young spirit ! good music ! and...most important thing ...Lots of services are free (wifi , laundry and sometimes meals !!!!) BRAVO ! BRAVO ! BRAVO !

Brilliant place to stay. The staff and guests are all super friendly. Communal places made it easy for everyone to hang around and chat. Free food on some nights and free laundry. Beats other hostels hands down.

good points: -kitchen are very clean -quiet backpacker is not a party backpacker. -bathroom are okay -free washing machine with hot water -free food very good and enough for everybody -free bus to the town center -power point in each bed bad points: - can't lock the dorm door - mattress not comfortable - the backpacker will need a refreshment - can't open the windows of our dorm (you can imagine how it smell after few days) - some dorms are to close of the smoking area, it smell

Location isn't the best one, staff was friendly but forgot to tell some things and was kind of unwittingly. People there liked to pre party before going out so it was loud. Free dinner was good and also the buns for breakfast, but I think it is too expensive for what you get there.

Prob. The beat hostel i've even been to. Will definitely come back.

I loved staying at this hostel. I would call it "Backpackers Paradise". Why so? The breakfast is included and noone minds if you eat breakfast in the evening ;)! Also there is Pizza Night once a week and Sandwich Night - I think- twice a week, where you get dinner for free. So you can save money. If you get to a Supermarket in Australia for the first time, you'll get what I mean. It might not be the cleanest of all hostels, but it def gets cleaned everyday. Staff and facilities were alright.

Good youth hostel! Very convenient to let his bag for free all the day. I would like to get the phone number of the blonde girl on reception ;-)

• 21st Oct 2014

The bathrooms could be better...

• 14th Oct 2014
  • Belgium

This place was like an oasis in a desert, and like a 5 star resort, compared to the farm I am living on in Northern Perth. I nearly had tears in my eyes as I was led around my tour of the immaculate hostel, offered delicious dinner AND breakfast, was able to do my laundry for free, had wi-fi for free, I was in heaven. I have never been in such a generous hostel, with such friendly staff, and to top it off, all guests were respectful of the quiet time past 11 pm so I actually got to sleep!

The best hostel I've stayed in Western Australia! Lots of excellent free food on offer as well as free use of washing machines and dryers. Clean rooms and kitchen, parquet floors (no carpet in the room, yay! :). Nice tv-room and wide choice of channels. Location is a bit far away from the CBD, but the free CAT bus is 3 mins walk away. Excellent value for money.

Another most excellent stay at Wickham !! Always a fun and social atmosphere, plus great staff with Marie, Charlie and the lovely Frederika!!

Great intimate atmosphere, clean comfortable rooms and facilities. Free food/washing/drying is fantastic. If I had to say something negative, it would be the hot water was variable at times although this isn't unique to this hostel. "Not a party hostel" is a great plus, I had several good nights of sleep compared to some other places I've stayed.

• 28th Sep 2014

This was my first ever hostel stay! I was pretty nervous but soon felt pretty settled! The meals provided on some eves are fab and the breakfast selection was really good for everyone too! Would definitely recommend to others.