Wickham Retreat Backpackers Reviews

25-27 Wickham st East Perth, Perth, Australia

Very nice staff ! very young spirit ! good music ! and...most important thing ...Lots of services are free (wifi , laundry and sometimes meals !!!!) BRAVO ! BRAVO ! BRAVO !

Prob. The beat hostel i've even been to. Will definitely come back.

Good youth hostel! Very convenient to let his bag for free all the day. I would like to get the phone number of the blonde girl on reception ;-)

• 21st Oct 2014

The bathrooms could be better...

• 14th Oct 2014
  • Belgium

This place was like an oasis in a desert, and like a 5 star resort, compared to the farm I am living on in Northern Perth. I nearly had tears in my eyes as I was led around my tour of the immaculate hostel, offered delicious dinner AND breakfast, was able to do my laundry for free, had wi-fi for free, I was in heaven. I have never been in such a generous hostel, with such friendly staff, and to top it off, all guests were respectful of the quiet time past 11 pm so I actually got to sleep!

The best hostel I've stayed in Western Australia! Lots of excellent free food on offer as well as free use of washing machines and dryers. Clean rooms and kitchen, parquet floors (no carpet in the room, yay! :). Nice tv-room and wide choice of channels. Location is a bit far away from the CBD, but the free CAT bus is 3 mins walk away. Excellent value for money.

Another most excellent stay at Wickham !! Always a fun and social atmosphere, plus great staff with Marie, Charlie and the lovely Frederika!!

Great intimate atmosphere, clean comfortable rooms and facilities. Free food/washing/drying is fantastic. If I had to say something negative, it would be the hot water was variable at times although this isn't unique to this hostel. "Not a party hostel" is a great plus, I had several good nights of sleep compared to some other places I've stayed.

• 28th Sep 2014

This was my first ever hostel stay! I was pretty nervous but soon felt pretty settled! The meals provided on some eves are fab and the breakfast selection was really good for everyone too! Would definitely recommend to others.

great start to my aussie circumnavigation - see you again in late feb or early march!!

• 24th Sep 2014

It is a good hostel. It was good to relax and small.

Had a fabulous stay at Wickham Retreat. The owner Charlie was so helpful and informative it was like home from home. Felt safe and secure, a woman traveling on her own I was wondering how it would be but I was so pleased with the service and respect shown I would go back anytime. Great location, easy walking distance to the city, convenient to all transport facilities and yet quiet enough to seem away from it all. Clean, food great and best of all a relaxed friendly atmosphere. Cheers guys!

• 15th Sep 2014

If you are looking for a quieter hostel (not a party hostel) which is a bit out of the way but still within walking distance of the river, city centre, transport links etc then this is the place. The atmosphere is relaxed, plenty of great quality free food for breakfast, lunch and dinner plus everything you need to cook for yourself and others. Two showers and three toilets! Even the WiFi worked well! Thank you Wickham for a really pleasant stay. I wish I could have stayed longer. Marc.

• 9th Sep 2014

With all the services and food included this hostel really offers good value for money. Unfortunately there are no lockers in the rooms and the rooms itselves cannot be locked either. I was a little surprised that showers and bathrooms were shared by both sexes but they were clean.

This place is brilliant, a real homely feel and they really care about the guests. Quiet but not far from anything. So much free food and facilities, just what every backpacker needs. I think everywhere I go after here will be a disappointment!

overall great hostel, close to the beautiful river, free public transport, free breaki, bread, pizza on Mondays in a quiet neighbourhood. My only recommendation is to replace the matrasses as they are pretty soft.

• 23rd Aug 2014

The sheets are really clean in terms of hostel. Majority of the residents are backpackers. Evenings are quiet. Have a good sleep and comfortable stay there for two nights.

• 23rd Aug 2014

A quite socialable atmosphere plus exceedingly helpful staff! ++

Really enjoyed my stay here, I would definitely go back. Chilled, friendly environment with smiley, helpful staff.

• 9th Aug 2014

Thanks guys, really enjoyed my stay!

• 4th Aug 2014