Wickham Retreat Backpackers Reviews

25-27 Wickham st East Perth, Perth, Australia

the barbecue was amazing

• 26th Jan 2016

I stayed at this hostel for 13 days. It was résolu great. There is 2 nights with free food and a free barbecue. The Wi-Fi is excellent, you can have it everywhere. There is a free washing machine. If you want to feel at home, go there.

• 16th Jan 2016

Small hostel with big kitchen,nice and clean rooms,very friendly staff

I feel as though this hostel would be a great place to stay if you really wanted a small hostel and a very quite atmosphere. It wasn't exactly what we were expecting but the kitchen, pool tables, tv room and outdoor area were awesome. It was a bit limited in terms of washrooms though with only 2 being available for the whole hostel.

• 8th Jan 2016

Great hostel , met amazing ppl and felt so much like home. It was my first experience to stay in a hostel and i have to say it was really nice and cosy .

• 5th Jan 2016
  • Egypt

It's like joining a multinational family that accepts you immediately. Perfect for solo travelers

Was happy to stay at your hostel. It's shame as I cannot stay longer. If I suggest, please check out the shower of living room toilet. It doesnt work well with water temperature control. It was cold or hot.

• 22nd Dec 2015
  • South Korea

Would highly recommend to anyone wanting to stay in a hostel which has easy access to the city centre, isn't necessarily a party hotel but still offers a good atmosphere. The staff were fantastic and offered advice and guidance when we looked to visit the touristy places. Will be remembered when I return to Australia!

Such an amazing hostel! Free food, free wifi, free washing facilities...what more does a backpacker want?! I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here and was so sad to be leaving!

Second time booking this hostel this month. Returned because of how friendly the staff and backpackers were. Since this hostel is smaller than most, it allows you to meet new people easily. These people quickly turn into friends and great contacts for future travel plans. I call this place my second home, because it really is. If I were to return to Perth, Wickham Retreat would be the first on my list for accommodation.

• 7th Dec 2015

Home away from home, thanks for having us Chris hope to be back someday.

Wow where do I begin, this place is totally awesome. I keep booking more days as I dont want to leave. All the free stuff is amazing and I cant wait to spend my first christmas without family, with good new friends. Big house atmosphere makes everyone talk to each other and everyone trust each other. Not a party hostel but can still drink and have some fun. The manager chris is a fantastic guy who goes out of his way to make sure you are happy. I totally recommend wickham retreat.

• 2nd Dec 2015

Very friendly and homey athmosphere, I have come 3 times and the team is really welcoming I felt like coming back home. Chris is one of the nicest person I have met in a hostel in 2 months in Australia. Beside there is free food and breakfast - always nice. I warmly recommend.

There was no way to lock the doors and in the morning a few people were sleeping in the living room. The reception has odd hours and there aren't that many toilets. On the plus side, there's a lot of free food and there was also a barbeque.

The staff was amazing. Hostelworld had screwed up my reservation, but the staff rectified it instantly. The free wifi is good, the free food is quality (large free bbq once a week and a bakery brings by leftovers twice a week). The atmosphere can be a little difficult to break through from the numerous long-termers who prefer to speak their native tongue but there's enough common areas that you can usually find someone to chat with.

Lovely hostel, super friendly staff and welcoming environment. Love the free stuff offered! Will come back next time!

Easily my favourite hostel. Great staff and great environment.

• 18th Nov 2015

This hostel was everything it said it was on the website. Nice and quiet but still a good atmosphere. I'll definitely stay here again.

Nice place to stay, super chilled atmosphere and pretty quiet. Free food was good but not always available (takes a while to be replenished). Friendly staff.

I really enjoyed my stay. This was probably the best hostel I've ever visited