9.0
Superb 613 Total Reviews
9.0
Superb 613 Total Reviews
Wickham Retreat Backpackers Located at 25-27 Wickham st East Perth, , Perth.
Australia
Perth WA 6004 25-27 Wickham st East Perth
90% 613
-31.9548749 115.8756566
    Rooms available

• New Zealand, Male, 41+
13th Jun 2016

Older place, but very friendly and covers all the basics. Would stay again.

• Singapore, Male, 41+
10th Jun 2016

The place is full of activities, sometimes too noisy, people tends to talk very loud. Owner is friendly, place full of free stuff to use. but those who stay there tends to throw or put their stuff on the floor In the room. The owner should advise them to put their stuff neatly in the room.

• England, Female, 41+
31st May 2016

Great location for me, easy access to the city, train station, happy staff, superb value for money. From my pick up to my departure I felt at home. Nothing too much trouble for Charlie who I think is the owner. Will definitely stay again just a pity I had to move on so soon as I had booked to travel up north otherwise I would have stay for the entirety of my trip.

If you had stayed, it would have been a pleasure having you. I look forward to seeing you in the near future.

28th May 2016
7.7

Lovely small hostel.I felt like home.warm and friendly atmosphere and very kind and helpful staff!

We are happy that you enjoyed your stay here with us. Safe travels.

• USA, Female, 18-24
22nd May 2016

Hostel is a bit of a walk from the central business district of Perth (~2km) but makes up for it by having great atmosphere, interesting people, enforced quiet hours, decent wifi, and a lot of free breakfast food. Hostel is in a converted house. Rate includes pillow, bedding, and towel. Highly recommended!

I appreciate your great, honest review, thankyou. We do falter a bit on the location, but I dont think I could be bothered with drunk gate crashers from the city bars. That would do my head in. Im glad you enjoyed your stay and maybe see you again soon.

• Australia, Female, 31-40
19th May 2016

Fantastic friendly staff and incredible value for money. The free cereal, bread, rice and pasta and great room rates really impressed me. The guest and staff were all very relaxed and the hostel had a great vibe. When I first got there and found out there was no room keys, I was a little shocked but the main entrance is secure and there are cameras. Once I settled in my concerns about the security were allayed. Showers were strong and warm.

Glad you liked it here. We do get a lot of funny looks when we say there are no room keys. But as you said, once you are settled in and get to know everyone you have peace of mind. Take care and hopefully we may see you again someday.

13th May 2016

Great small hostel with a chilled atmosphere. I'll be back definitely!

Well then, we will see you on your next chilled out stay, thanks for your review and have a great time.

9th May 2016

Very nice hostle, great stuff nice and quite area but beautiful. I try to book again a night for the time i go back to perth and was a completly booked unfortunately. No parking only pay to atay

Thankyou for your nice words. Oh yes and the parking.....tell me about it. Well, welcome to Perth haha. Unfortunately the only free parking is after 6pm weekdays and all weekend. The street parking is quite steep but there are some carparks around that do the earlybird all-day parking for a cheaper rate. Dont worry, Im on a payment plan for my tickets lol. Sorry we couldnt get you back in but you are most welcome on your next trip. Leave the car at home lol

• USA, Mixed Group, 25-30
6th May 2016

This was my 1st experience staying at a hostel and our overall experience was good. Johan was awesome at giving recommendations on places to visit that we would have never been able to find on travel sites. The hostel itself is a bit run down but it was clean and so it wasn't a huge issue that it was an older building. I definitely enjoyed the family style they have here with the cereal/bread/jams provided for breakfast and grains for whenever and free use of washing machine. Would stay again.

Hi thanks for your review, glad you enjoyed your stay here. The run down look is our attempt at a rustic look which reminds more guests of been at home rather than been surrounded by windowless concrete walls in a commercial grade building. I will let Johan know of your kind words about him and look forward to seeing you in the future. Happy travels.

• Australia, Male, 18-24
28th Apr 2016

Arrived and it was a free pizza night. Nicely located in east Perth. Good selection of shops bars and restaurants.