Wickham Retreat Backpackers Reviews

25-27 Wickham st East Perth, Perth, Australia

Extremely responsive and helpful staff A very convenient location to the city in a quiet and safe area. Wonderful food available.

• 27th Jun 2015

The hostel is definetly highly recommended. Although it is not located in the central CBD, it just takes about 10-15 minutes walk to get there (or the free Yellow CAT bus). The atmosphere is really great because it is a smaller hostel for about 30 persons. Therefore it is like a big family. In case someone needs to rest, there are several options, e.g. movie room, free pool table, free wifi and several couches. The staff is friendly and always helpful. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

• 20th Jun 2015

Nice hostel. Staff were helpful and always available, the rooms were good with plenty of space for your stuff, decent wifi, a lot of free food in the kitchen. The best part is the free laundry, never seen this service offered. Good enough location and the facility was very clean.

A really chill hostel if that's what you're looking for. Everyone was really friendly, and the common area was great to socialize and meet others. Really fast wifi & outlets right next to your bed were also a nice plus.

Del has been very nice and warm, so is many others staying there. There isn't anything more to say than what has been said by the other reviewers.

• 7th Jun 2015
  • Malaysia

If you want a relaxed stay, this is the place.

• 2nd Jun 2015
  • Wales

As a couple we shared an outside room in what I imagine was a converted shed. There was broken glass on the floor of our room when we arrived. The bathroom (located inside across the courtyard) was not clean. The other guests created a great atmosphere and there are free buses into town. The wifi is also excellent. If staying in a dorm I might recommend it but I would not recommend the double room I am afraid.

Hi, thanks for your review, did you let the staff know about the glass as no one informed me. I will certainly look into that. It is stated on the room descriptions that the room is separate from the main building. Depending on what time you used the bathroom is respective to the cleanliness. All bathrooms are given a quick clean first thing in the morning and last thing at night with a main clean after most people have showered and done their morning business.

Very warm and welcoming

• 14th May 2015

Really nice hostel, very friendly atmosphere and staff. Free wi-fi with a strong signal, pool table and tv's, plenty of bathrooms so there are no queues in the morning, free food (they provide free cereals, rice and pasta, as well as spices, cooking oils etc.) If you want a really nice hostel experience, this is a great place to stay. You'll more than likely make good friends here who you can have great experiences with. It's very near food shops and bus stations too, to get around.

• 24th Apr 2015

Simply one of the best hostel I went to in Australia! Very nice place with free wifi, free laundry, free BBQ... free everything!!! Love it!

People are great, everyone know each other. Sandwich day is perfect and no hassle of worries to buy food for breakfast everything is there. I would definitely come back.

• 17th Apr 2015
  • Poland

Wickham Retreat is small but very friendly and having breakfast provided is great. The yellow 29 stop is. 250 metres from the hostel. Get the 37/40 bus from Terminal 3 and get of at Bennet/Adlalaide junction and walk up the hill and then walk 450 metres to Wickham Retreat.(4.40 dollars). I am a mature backpacker (55 years) and I loved every minute of my stay.

Only nice people and staff. Amazing atmosphere.

Not impressed about being in a room outside and having to walk through rain and dark to get to main building for bathrooms/toilets. There's not enough lighting to see keypad to unlock main door. Sign at front to point to main entrance at side would have been handy. My doona cover was still damp and towels were not in room. For the type of room we had i don't think we had value for money.

• 9th Apr 2015
  • All Female Group, 41+

Hi there, Sorry about all that and we do like to have feed back on all our stuff but for $35 per night The Hilton hotel is a 10 min walk $350 per night

My first hostel experience so I had no comparisons. I've since moved on and this place is the benchmark. It's not a party hostel but there's TV's and a pool table so there's enough to keep you busy. Very clean. The 2 girls who work there have a good Hoover and tidy up every morning as well as clean the kitchen. Close to the free buses into the CBD. FREE wifi and laundry. FREE snap on certain days with BBQ and sandwich night Safes for personal items. Staff are brilliant. VFM 10/10

Very very nice Hostel with a great atmosphere and cool people!! It's a small hostel, but this fact makes it so nice. Rooms will clean every day. There are sandwich and barbecue evenings. I would stay there again!!

• 27th Mar 2015

Very nice hostel, well located and the staff was really helpful. We arrived very late, no one was attending the reception so Virginie left a note for us with all the details about our room, and where to find the key. She had sent me an email with the door codes to get in. Very nice and helpful. Thank you again :)

A really great hostel. It is quite small but I met a lot of new people and it never got boring there. The staff is great and the hostel is very clean and you get some free food. If you're looking for a relaxed place to stay in Perth, you should go to the Wickham Retreat.

Perfect place with great atmosphere. All in one hostel, no add on like towel and laundry. Even free food with a lot of options.

The staff was great, the hostel casual and friendly. Almost everything about it was sufficient apart from one extremely significant problem. The air con unit in our room either didn't work properly or could not keep up with heat from day time temps. We had no way overnight circulate cool outside air into the room. All three nights, the temp in our room was above 30 (celsius). I felt like I was suffocating from the heat on the top bunk and slept horribly, if at all. Don't stay here when it's hot.

• 15th Feb 2015