Wickham Retreat Backpackers Reviews

25-27 Wickham st East Perth, Perth, Australia

It is a good hostel. It was good to relax and small.

Had a fabulous stay at Wickham Retreat. The owner Charlie was so helpful and informative it was like home from home. Felt safe and secure, a woman traveling on her own I was wondering how it would be but I was so pleased with the service and respect shown I would go back anytime. Great location, easy walking distance to the city, convenient to all transport facilities and yet quiet enough to seem away from it all. Clean, food great and best of all a relaxed friendly atmosphere. Cheers guys!

• 15th Sep 2014

If you are looking for a quieter hostel (not a party hostel) which is a bit out of the way but still within walking distance of the river, city centre, transport links etc then this is the place. The atmosphere is relaxed, plenty of great quality free food for breakfast, lunch and dinner plus everything you need to cook for yourself and others. Two showers and three toilets! Even the WiFi worked well! Thank you Wickham for a really pleasant stay. I wish I could have stayed longer. Marc.

• 9th Sep 2014

With all the services and food included this hostel really offers good value for money. Unfortunately there are no lockers in the rooms and the rooms itselves cannot be locked either. I was a little surprised that showers and bathrooms were shared by both sexes but they were clean.

This place is brilliant, a real homely feel and they really care about the guests. Quiet but not far from anything. So much free food and facilities, just what every backpacker needs. I think everywhere I go after here will be a disappointment!

• 29th Aug 2014

overall great hostel, close to the beautiful river, free public transport, free breaki, bread, pizza on Mondays in a quiet neighbourhood. My only recommendation is to replace the matrasses as they are pretty soft.

• 23rd Aug 2014

The sheets are really clean in terms of hostel. Majority of the residents are backpackers. Evenings are quiet. Have a good sleep and comfortable stay there for two nights.

• 23rd Aug 2014

A quite socialable atmosphere plus exceedingly helpful staff! ++

Really enjoyed my stay here, I would definitely go back. Chilled, friendly environment with smiley, helpful staff.

• 9th Aug 2014

Thanks guys, really enjoyed my stay!

• 4th Aug 2014

Absolutely loved staying here. Lovely people and such a chilled out place to stay, feels like home after a couple of nights! Location is so close to the CBD and shops near by. Nice to find a hostel with so much free stuff too! Had a great time staying here and was sad to leave.

• 4th Aug 2014

It is close to the action with perfect seclusion. The staff are awesome people and the rooms are very clean. They really understand backpackers and offer the basics ie bread milk etc for free and they even throw in free dinners throughout the week. Its up there in the best hostels ive stayed in anywhere in the world. Thank you wickham retreat..thank you.

Friendly staff, free towels, breakfast, wifi and I even had free diner, can't complain at all.

• 22nd Jul 2014

Excellent Hostel.

I ended up staying there for a full week. It is my first time staying in hostel so nothing to compare to, but this will be a definite top hostel in my life. really really nice staff, they care you a lot, and nice people, lots of food for free, three nights of sandwich and pizza night,- and it is plenty of food,,,, and high variety- I will come here sometimes, when I want to refresh myself.! I want to recommend this place for sure to anyone who visits east perth. convenient free bus location too!

• 14th Jul 2014
  • South Korea

Good location but I was really quite disappointed with my room. If you are looking to stay in a single room, I would not recommend this hostel. The feel seems to be much more in favour of those staying in the dorms as my single room was actually located outside the main house in a shed in the garden. I would have expected to be staying inside the house with all the other guests and thought this was a ridiculous arrangement.

One of the best hostels. I have no complaints. Live to stay there. Nice people around.

I thought this hostel was a little scary when i first arrived and didn't have any idea who was in charge let alone where the reception was, however, after my first night i realised the staff were very friendly and made me feel welcome. The breakfast provided is good and evening meal only is offered on some days but its not worth paying the extra cost i have stayed in hostels for a cheaper price and bought my own food which still worked out cheaper than paying 44 dollars per night.

Close to town and free public transport. Free food and sleeping in the private shack outside was ace! Quiet, easy going hostel, would definitely come again.

A very efficiently-run, clean and well-organised backpackers' hostel....the staff really look after you!