Wickham Retreat Backpackers Reviews

25-27 Wickham st East Perth, Perth, Australia

The Toilette I used had no paper in the morning. And there was no one at the reception when I had to leave at 7.30am. I fortunately found a person who took my key for the locker and handed the deposit to me.

• 3rd Dec 2014

Not the best hostel I've stayed in, but certainly not the worst. Friendly staff and lots of delicious free food. Many people I met staying there were people looking for jobs. Rooms are hot with no air-con, leaving them smelly when packed with people. Not bad overall, but it would be nice to have lockers.

• 26th Nov 2014

Really great hostel, setup like an inner city home !!! Beats all other Australian hostels. Definitely worth a few extra dollars. Friendly and welcoming place, unlike the city of Perth itself !!

Very nice staff ! very young spirit ! good music ! and...most important thing ...Lots of services are free (wifi , laundry and sometimes meals !!!!) BRAVO ! BRAVO ! BRAVO !

Brilliant place to stay. The staff and guests are all super friendly. Communal places made it easy for everyone to hang around and chat. Free food on some nights and free laundry. Beats other hostels hands down.

good points: -kitchen are very clean -quiet backpacker is not a party backpacker. -bathroom are okay -free washing machine with hot water -free food very good and enough for everybody -free bus to the town center -power point in each bed bad points: - can't lock the dorm door - mattress not comfortable - the backpacker will need a refreshment - can't open the windows of our dorm (you can imagine how it smell after few days) - some dorms are to close of the smoking area, it smell

• 13th Nov 2014

Location isn't the best one, staff was friendly but forgot to tell some things and was kind of unwittingly. People there liked to pre party before going out so it was loud. Free dinner was good and also the buns for breakfast, but I think it is too expensive for what you get there.

Prob. The beat hostel i've even been to. Will definitely come back.

Good youth hostel! Very convenient to let his bag for free all the day. I would like to get the phone number of the blonde girl on reception ;-)

• 21st Oct 2014

The bathrooms could be better...

• 14th Oct 2014
  • Belgium

This place was like an oasis in a desert, and like a 5 star resort, compared to the farm I am living on in Northern Perth. I nearly had tears in my eyes as I was led around my tour of the immaculate hostel, offered delicious dinner AND breakfast, was able to do my laundry for free, had wi-fi for free, I was in heaven. I have never been in such a generous hostel, with such friendly staff, and to top it off, all guests were respectful of the quiet time past 11 pm so I actually got to sleep!

The best hostel I've stayed in Western Australia! Lots of excellent free food on offer as well as free use of washing machines and dryers. Clean rooms and kitchen, parquet floors (no carpet in the room, yay! :). Nice tv-room and wide choice of channels. Location is a bit far away from the CBD, but the free CAT bus is 3 mins walk away. Excellent value for money.

Another most excellent stay at Wickham !! Always a fun and social atmosphere, plus great staff with Marie, Charlie and the lovely Frederika!!

Great intimate atmosphere, clean comfortable rooms and facilities. Free food/washing/drying is fantastic. If I had to say something negative, it would be the hot water was variable at times although this isn't unique to this hostel. "Not a party hostel" is a great plus, I had several good nights of sleep compared to some other places I've stayed.

• 28th Sep 2014

This was my first ever hostel stay! I was pretty nervous but soon felt pretty settled! The meals provided on some eves are fab and the breakfast selection was really good for everyone too! Would definitely recommend to others.

great start to my aussie circumnavigation - see you again in late feb or early march!!

• 24th Sep 2014

It is a good hostel. It was good to relax and small.

Had a fabulous stay at Wickham Retreat. The owner Charlie was so helpful and informative it was like home from home. Felt safe and secure, a woman traveling on her own I was wondering how it would be but I was so pleased with the service and respect shown I would go back anytime. Great location, easy walking distance to the city, convenient to all transport facilities and yet quiet enough to seem away from it all. Clean, food great and best of all a relaxed friendly atmosphere. Cheers guys!

• 15th Sep 2014

If you are looking for a quieter hostel (not a party hostel) which is a bit out of the way but still within walking distance of the river, city centre, transport links etc then this is the place. The atmosphere is relaxed, plenty of great quality free food for breakfast, lunch and dinner plus everything you need to cook for yourself and others. Two showers and three toilets! Even the WiFi worked well! Thank you Wickham for a really pleasant stay. I wish I could have stayed longer. Marc.

• 9th Sep 2014

With all the services and food included this hostel really offers good value for money. Unfortunately there are no lockers in the rooms and the rooms itselves cannot be locked either. I was a little surprised that showers and bathrooms were shared by both sexes but they were clean.