Wickham Retreat Backpackers Reviews

25-27 Wickham st East Perth, Perth, Australia

The Toilette I used had no paper in the morning. And there was no one at the reception when I had to leave at 7.30am. I fortunately found a person who took my key for the locker and handed the deposit to me.

• 3rd Dec 2014

Not the best hostel I've stayed in, but certainly not the worst. Friendly staff and lots of delicious free food. Many people I met staying there were people looking for jobs. Rooms are hot with no air-con, leaving them smelly when packed with people. Not bad overall, but it would be nice to have lockers.

Really great hostel, setup like an inner city home !!! Beats all other Australian hostels. Definitely worth a few extra dollars. Friendly and welcoming place, unlike the city of Perth itself !!

Very nice staff ! very young spirit ! good music ! and...most important thing ...Lots of services are free (wifi , laundry and sometimes meals !!!!) BRAVO ! BRAVO ! BRAVO !

Brilliant place to stay. The staff and guests are all super friendly. Communal places made it easy for everyone to hang around and chat. Free food on some nights and free laundry. Beats other hostels hands down.

good points: -kitchen are very clean -quiet backpacker is not a party backpacker. -bathroom are okay -free washing machine with hot water -free food very good and enough for everybody -free bus to the town center -power point in each bed bad points: - can't lock the dorm door - mattress not comfortable - the backpacker will need a refreshment - can't open the windows of our dorm (you can imagine how it smell after few days) - some dorms are to close of the smoking area, it smell

Location isn't the best one, staff was friendly but forgot to tell some things and was kind of unwittingly. People there liked to pre party before going out so it was loud. Free dinner was good and also the buns for breakfast, but I think it is too expensive for what you get there.

Prob. The beat hostel i've even been to. Will definitely come back.

I loved staying at this hostel. I would call it "Backpackers Paradise". Why so? The breakfast is included and noone minds if you eat breakfast in the evening ;)! Also there is Pizza Night once a week and Sandwich Night - I think- twice a week, where you get dinner for free. So you can save money. If you get to a Supermarket in Australia for the first time, you'll get what I mean. It might not be the cleanest of all hostels, but it def gets cleaned everyday. Staff and facilities were alright.

1 2 Next » last »