Wickham Retreat Backpackers Reviews

25-27 Wickham st East Perth, Perth, Australia

Only nice people and staff. Amazing atmosphere.

Not impressed about being in a room outside and having to walk through rain and dark to get to main building for bathrooms/toilets. There's not enough lighting to see keypad to unlock main door. Sign at front to point to main entrance at side would have been handy. My doona cover was still damp and towels were not in room. For the type of room we had i don't think we had value for money.

• 9th Apr 2015
  • All Female Group, 41+

Hi there, Sorry about all that and we do like to have feed back on all our stuff but for $35 per night The Hilton hotel is a 10 min walk $350 per night

My first hostel experience so I had no comparisons. I've since moved on and this place is the benchmark. It's not a party hostel but there's TV's and a pool table so there's enough to keep you busy. Very clean. The 2 girls who work there have a good Hoover and tidy up every morning as well as clean the kitchen. Close to the free buses into the CBD. FREE wifi and laundry. FREE snap on certain days with BBQ and sandwich night Safes for personal items. Staff are brilliant. VFM 10/10

Very very nice Hostel with a great atmosphere and cool people!! It's a small hostel, but this fact makes it so nice. Rooms will clean every day. There are sandwich and barbecue evenings. I would stay there again!!

• 27th Mar 2015

Very nice hostel, well located and the staff was really helpful. We arrived very late, no one was attending the reception so Virginie left a note for us with all the details about our room, and where to find the key. She had sent me an email with the door codes to get in. Very nice and helpful. Thank you again :)

A really great hostel. It is quite small but I met a lot of new people and it never got boring there. The staff is great and the hostel is very clean and you get some free food. If you're looking for a relaxed place to stay in Perth, you should go to the Wickham Retreat.

Perfect place with great atmosphere. All in one hostel, no add on like towel and laundry. Even free food with a lot of options.

The staff was great, the hostel casual and friendly. Almost everything about it was sufficient apart from one extremely significant problem. The air con unit in our room either didn't work properly or could not keep up with heat from day time temps. We had no way overnight circulate cool outside air into the room. All three nights, the temp in our room was above 30 (celsius). I felt like I was suffocating from the heat on the top bunk and slept horribly, if at all. Don't stay here when it's hot.

• 15th Feb 2015

Spent a weekend of which one lovely Sunday evening hanging out with the others and the staff. Easy to reach from downtown, good atmosphere and loads of free food (in the morning leftovers and some days of the week in the evening).

1 2 Next » last »