Wickham Retreat Backpackers Reviews

25-27 Wickham st East Perth, Perth, Australia

This was the best hostel I've ever stayed at! If you're looking to meet and make friends, this is the best spot! It's also a great place to stay if you're on a budget! They have free breakfasts, and have pasta or rice which you can cook for dinner - so it does save you some money! They also have 2-3 free dinner meals every week which is amazing!

Checkin staff were excellent and made me feel very much at home right away. So many of the hostel guests were super friendly and outgoing, more so than nearly any other hostel I've ever been to. I felt like a roommate rather than a mere guest, and that was valuable to me during my week in Perth. They've got a great setup at Wickham and I'm very happy I managed to get a bed here. Wholeheartedly recommended for anyone to stay here, but book well in advance - they sell out beds for a reason!

Way too expensive in my point of view

• 30th Oct 2015

I really liked it at Wickham Retreat. The atmosphere was really, really good! It was quiet and a lot of things were included (breakfast, washing machine, ...). The backyard was nice to sit outside. If the showers were a bit cleaner, it would be great. I would recommend Wickham Retreat to everyone who is looking for a nice place with great atmosphere. I would stay there again.

Really good hostel! The staff is very freindly, would defently go there again! :)

Security - well staffed so I felt my stuff was safe, everyone leaves their belongings around no worries. Location - close to free buses into the city, and near a nice park. Staff - so friendly! Felt right at home as soon as I arrived Atmosphere - great - really communal, met nice people. Cleanliness - bed was clean, room was cleaned well but had everyone's stuff strewn through it. Value for money - good, especially considering free food Facilities - could have had a couple more showers

Absolutely fab hostel! Free wifi, laundry and lots of food. Also on some nights there are free sandwiches! Hostel manager is really helpful and very generous. Close to the free bus stop - which takes you into the city and also close to the food store. Great atmosphere in hostel with a mix of long term guests and short stays too. 10/10 would stay again

Hi Chris, i realy liked my stay at the retreat. Greetz Antonius

• 14th Sep 2015

Staff in Wickham Retreat were really helpful and friendly. The room was bright and clean, it included free breakfast and free foods like pasta and rice. Shower and toilet facilities could do with some improvement, near my room there was only a shower so you had to walk through the kitchen to get to the toilet. That bathroom had no soap and was generally a bit messy. Location wise, its a bit further out of town but only a short walk or you can get the free CAT bus. More for long term stays

made me feel very welcome after my long flight! :)

• 1st Sep 2015

Excellent location and the facilities were top notch - free staples, free breakfast and the weekly sandwich and pastry party is a nice touch! Would be good to have more toilets and provide some basic shower gels and shampoo, but everything else was good!

The Wickham Retreat was in a nice location and had a lot of facilities, but I felt like the crowd was a little younger than I was prepared for. It's not a party hostel, but on at least one occasion, it was a bit noisier than I would have liked. There was also not really a good quiet area for me to retreat from the noisier crew. The other hostel members did not do their dishes on a regular basis so the kitchen clean up was left to the staff.

• 18th Aug 2015