Wickham Retreat Backpackers Reviews

25-27 Wickham st East Perth, Perth, Western Australia, Australia

Thank u fur everything! Hope I can come back soon! Amazing Hostel with excellent Stuff and Food! Miss the hostel! Best wishes Hannes

• 9th Sep 2013

Chose this place due to the reviews of free food and proximity to city. Pretty easy to catch a free shuttle bus to city. The food I personally did not eat as I went out with mates, but from my room mates opinions, was decent. very lax security, there is a locker system but the big ones were full so I did have to leave my bag unattended. The atmosphere is chill, so wasn't concerned.. but could have been stolen easily. Need to train receptionists a bit more as it was obvious they didn't know much

• 4th Sep 2013
  • Vietnam

Great hostel with lots of free food. Real homely atmosphere, lots of extra amenities for the long-term traveler.

Best Hostel in Perth! A little bit outside of the city centre...but that´s just a ten minute walk...also to Northbridge

• 31st Aug 2013

I was happy to be received as a late check-in by a friendly staff member. She had time to show me the basic layout before my dorm . The room was very clean and tidy with enough space for the four tenants. Bed was comfortable and most importantly very clean.Slept well. Various basic breakfast supplies was a pleasant addition in the morning in the very clean kitchen/dining area. Over all a very pleasant stay albeit very short.

• 29th Aug 2013
  • Finland

4 times I've stayed here now and have loved it every time. This has possibly been one of my favourite hostels in the whole of Australia! Such a relaxed social hostel its so easy to make friends everyday. Also the free food and wifi is awesome! Will be back again for sure one day!

• 25th Aug 2013

Only stayed for two days but the staff were very approachable, everything was avaliable as promised. A bit far from the centre but free CAT busses run a 5 minute walk away that take you to the centre and other places. Overall I'd stay again, everything was great.

The hostel is nice, but it's sometimes too noisy. The atmosphere here is really nice. You can meet and make a lot of friends from so many different countries. I had a good membery staying in here.

• 21st Aug 2013
  • Taiwan

We got there in our first day in Australia, and it was perfect! even if we booked the wrong night. Charlie took us to an other house, with amazing people, right next to the station (two stops to the center) Went we left Australia we decided to book again our last night in Perth with them, and the actual hostel was really nice too. With free food (the bread was amazing!!!) and they even have one they bbq on the weeks. we haven't joined but it looked really good on the pictures! ps. free intern

Great hostel! Great staff! It was a great stay there!

Good place, nice people. I was here on a weekend, and there were a lot of people here. It's within walking distance to some great vegetarian places. The staff was BBQing, and there was a big part happening. Nothing vegan to eat, but I went out for dinner and didn't miss out. I was told staff would be there at 7am the next morning to take my key deposit, and they were about 30 minutes late, but very friendly. I would stay here again.

Hi Howard, Thanks for staying with us and we did have food for vegetarians and I remember telling but you wanted to go out :O)

Totally Loved it!! Would give more stars if i could !

• 19th Jul 2013
  • India

Thanks Nitin.. It was great meeting you

Great place, great people! Beautiful "home" atmosphere. Is a little backpackers and the atmosphere is really good, you know all other people living inside and it is amazing. If you are looking for an hostel, choose this one!

• 17th Jul 2013

Fantastic Hostel, Very Clean and staff are always happy to help when possible. BBQ nights are amazing ! Chicken is the awesome and the amount of food available is shocking ! more than anyone can eat. The free food available is amazing and completely shocked me ! fantastic place to stay and will stay again in the future if ever in perth.

without a doubt the best hostel I have visited in the 9 month I have been in Australia!

• 6th Jul 2013

The atmosphere at this hostel is fantastic. Great staff and facilities mean happy customers who are in turn really friendly. Throw in the group meals, free basic food and it's an awesome deal.

• 6th Jul 2013

Great place, one of the best hostels around. They have free dinners three times a week,best of all is the BBQ On Saturday. Chris the manager is very very helpful. Good vibes all around.

Great staff, free food and awesome atmosphere, would definitely recommend!

• 27th Jun 2013

I was in this hostel one week and and i can tell that is a good hostel , clean ,nice staff and the atmosphere is fantastic, You can get much free food!!!!!

Be nice if one of the showers had more bench space to put your things on.