Wiki Hostel & Green Village Reviews

Via Colle Casette 34, Zagarolo, Rome, Italy

This is by far the best hostel I have ever stayed in. Obviously its a bit of a commute to Rome but it is completely worth it, make sure you call when you arrive by train so they can send the shuttle because its a bit of a walk from the train station. I had an amazing stay!

Had a wonderful stay here. The food they make is so good. The staff are all super friendly and helpful. The room was huge. As long as you don't mind the short train ride to/from Rome, would definitely recommend staying at this hostel!

Faultless. The most amazing attentive staff. Worth staying out of Rome for. Great food and drink and at great prices.

I absolutely loved this hostel. It was 20 minutes from downtown Rome, but it was worth it. The train only costs €2.70, and the hostel and its staff make it worth the distance! They've got amazing and clean facilities and they are all incredibly helpful and friendly. Best hostel I've stayed at.

This is the most amazing hostel you could stay in "not" in Rome. So its 30 minutes away and you have to leave the city by 23h if you want to get there before the next morning. In return however you get a resort hotel. 6 bed dorms in a big room with a great big clean washroom. A balcony. A good breakfast with coffee. Good staff thats honest and happy to do what they do. A pool! And the town is actually a really great place to visit if you want a quiet break from Rome.

Different hostel experience from staying centrally in a city - I found that a nice change and it was interesting to see the wee town, but it may not be for everyone. Helpful and friendly staff and the friendliness seemed to spill over to the travellers. Enjoyed my stay here.

I had a wonderful stay at Wiki Hostel! You don't get any keys and they don't lock most parts of the house, but you're in a safe town and on a secluded hill so I felt pretty safe the whole time i was there. Not to mention that the staff also stays on the grounds. The location was average, about a 35 min train outside of Roma, in Zangarolo. Last train from Roma leaves at 10:30pm so if you miss it, that's a 70Euro cab ride. Basically, no partying, which was fine for me. Staff was one of the best!!

• 2nd Sep 2014
  • Philippines

Great hostel it's 30min from Rome by train but it's a refreshing hostel to stay at and get good rest. I'm a solo traveller so this hostel was a good break from all the big city hostels. The pasta night was great fun and the staff are really warm and friendly. I would stay here again

Great staff who are very friendly and want you to have the best time! It is about 30 minutes by train outside the city and you have to come back before midnight (because trains stop running). I was there for the free pasta night and that was a fun time. They set everything up so it is easy to meet people and hang out. Very affordable drinks at the bar as well.

It's a little far out of Rome, about 40 minutes by train but the little town it's in is really cute and the hostel itself is amazing. Spent six nights there and it was so so nice. The staff, the food, the people, the cats; everything was fantastic. Everyone was so welcoming and helpful and the whole atmosphere of the place was super chilled out and relaxing, one of the best hostels I've ever been to. Also the pasta party and the pizza party were excellent.

• 8th Aug 2014

This was a great place to start my European adventure. Rooms were super clean and it was a very chilled but social environment so I managed to meet some friends straight away. Even though it's a 30 minute train away ,once you figure out what train to catch it wasn't a problem at all. Great staff, great hostel! I would stay here again:)

I could say the location is bad, because you have to take a 30 minutes train ride to get to Rome. But if you booked this hostel, you are probably aware of it, so it shouldn't be a reason to complain. All I can say is that I loved it, probably the best hostel I've ever stayed, with the nicest people and the nicest atmosphere.

The atmosphere here is great, I met wonderful people. The location for me was perfect as it was very nice to be out of the business of Rome in summer, but if a central location is important to you then don't stay here. The facilities were fantastic for a hostel, although the kitchen was quite dirty and smelly and not very inviting to use. The staff were friendly and helpful, although I nearly missed a connection at Roma Termini because the shuttle left very late although I'd given warning.

Would recommend to anyone . I'm a solo traveller and I met so many great people . The staff were friendly and it was very clean .

If you travel to Rome take this hostel! Our group of 11 people stayed for 2 nights. We loved the atmosphere, the staff, the place. Even though the hostel is a little outside of Rome it is a good place to start visiting the city. Via local-railway you are within 35 minutes in the heart of the city. The people working at the hostel have always good ideas where to go to, how to get in places without standing for hours in a line and where to buy the best icecream of the city, ... . THANK YOU.

• 28th Jul 2014

While Zagarolo has sights to offer in and of itself, most who stay are looking to commute to Rome. It can be a nuisance getting there. However, if you are comfortable making this trip each day, you can't beat the value of WikiHostel.

This hostel was amazing, the staff as so friendly and accomadating. Even after I checked ut, they let me leave my bag behind for a day so I could go camping and were super friendly when I came back. Loved everything about this place, the pizza and pasta nights are such a fantastic idea and so much fun. I loved this hostel - best one I've been to.

Wiki Hostel is a great place in a little town just outside Rome. It has a really nice atmosphere, friendly staff and is very clean. Every monday they have Pasta Party and every friday they have Pizza Party, where you get to make your own Italian pizza and eat all you can for 5 euro, which is great, and also a good way to meet the people who are staying at the hostel. It has a shuttle service to get you to the train station in the morning or to pick you up in the evening.

Best hostel! Loved the stay on my interrail trip.

• 22nd Jul 2014
  • Finland

The staff was great, free breakfast was nice to have and they had several coon areas where it was easy to meet other people. I'll stay there again