Wiki Hostel & Green Village Reviews

Via Colle Casette 34, Zagarolo, Rome, Italy

Good, social atmosphere, friendly staff. Location can be both a plus and minus, but overall, a good recommend.

Don't let the location put you off! This place is awesome! Super friendly and helpful staff, they pick you up and drop you off at the local train station. And it's only short trip into rome. Didn't find i was wasting time in transit at all. It's a beautiful little town to walk through amd explore also. The hostel is well set up with massive rooms. The pasta party is cool too, a good authentic taste of small town italy.

Overall this hostel was great. The staff were great, though it was not in Rome, they made sure you had all the train times, and they drive you to and pick you up from the train station every day. There are not enough. Lockers for everyone in the room. There were cabinets, but you had to buy a lock, I just wanted a small little locker to put things that I didn't want to carry around with me in. Also the wifi needs to be improved. even on the first floor it's terrible.

• 21st Oct 2015

Pretty much just read all the comments from other people, because mine would be the same haha. Taking the train out of the city was a relief because it's so nice to chill out after a huge day of touristing. Don't even think about it, just stay here.

For the first time I stayed in such countryside hostel and it was so relaxing. 35 mins train ride in and out from Rome was not an issue for you to explore the city then come back to be in peaceful and green quiet area. Staffs were friendly. Thanks for suggestion to buy cheese and meat. Pasta night was fun and I got recipe to cook good pasta for my own as well. I think you guys should put more activity on other days as well or offer gathering dinner for a price. So far, good stay. I do recommend

Everyone is so nice and very friendly and helpful. Such a fun time.

• 17th Oct 2015

Amazing! The pasta night was my favourite. Don't miss out!

This place was incredible I felt instantly welcomed and everybody there was interesting and easy to get on with. I went to the pizza party on the first night and I stayed during the wine festival in the local town. I put location at 5/5 because it is in such a beautiful town away from busy rome city, the public transport in Italy is cheap and this is the only hostel I know that don't mind driving you to and from the local train station, although it's only a 20 minute walk. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

We had an absolutely amazing time at Hostel Wiki. The staff were so friendly and helpful, and the free shuttle to and from the train station made staying outside of Rome a non-issue. We are so glad that we were able to explore Zagarollo and get to know the staff and fellow guests at the hostel through the walking tour and the fantastic pasta night. We would definitely stay here again!

The hostel is nice and the staff were friendly. My one warning to any future bookers is that if you plan to fly out of Rome early in the morning don't stay here. I had a flight for Sunday morning, I asked how much a shuttle would be from the hostel, the answer was €90. This was obviously way too much so I asked when the shuttles would be running to the station, apparently they did not run on Sunday morning. This left me hauling my bags up the road. Not fun.

genuine, wonderful, favorite hostel ever

Wow. Wiki blew every other hostel out of the water. I've stayed in dozens of hostels in Europe and Wiki actually makes me want to return to Rome. I've never met friendlier staff. The wine bar is great to meet people, good wifi in the rooms, breakfast till noon. STAY FOR THE PIZZA AND PASTA PARTIES! Outdoor pool, restaurant, kittens. You can see the stars. Don't stay in the dirty, loud city. Enjoy some relaxing time away at night meeting other travelers in the big common room. Go Wiki. Yall rock.

What an amazing hostel! The amazing staff truly make the stay and create a great social atmosphere. The train rides in and out of Rome is a bit of a bummer if you want to enjoy the Rome nightlife or get an early start to the day without an hour of traveling into town. But in a very pretty, quiet location. Wifi was decent inside but no one uses it anyways as you're always sipping on wine! Pizza & Pasta parties are amazing. Stay here!! Couldn't recommend it enough!! THANK YOU WIKI!

Such a great place to stay. Ok, so it's not within walking distance of Rome's main sites, but getting into the city is not a problem at all, & it's kind of nice to return somewhere peaceful after a big day out. The staff are so warm & helpful, & the common areas make it really easy to meet people. And if you like cats, there are quite a few of them around! The only negatives I experienced were the mosquitoes - bring insect repellent - & the beds were very squeaky. But I had a great time here!

Best hostel in Rome! Looking forward to visit you again guys.

• 16th Sep 2015
  • Argentina

If you scroll down a little bit, you will see my first review... I came back and stayed a few more days a week later because I loved this hostel and the people so much! Plus who would give up the opportunity of another pasta party?! Everyone at the hostel always talks about how homely it is here. People are always extending their stays or end up coming back, just as I did. It's a nice feeling to have while travelling. Do yourself a favour and make sure you stay here with these amazing people!

Staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Felt like a family as the way the hostel is run brings everyone together. Would definitely stay there again!

• 13th Sep 2015

This was the best hostel I stayed at in Europe! Don't stay in Rome! Wiki hostel is only a short train ride out of the city and they have so much to offer! We stayed at Wiki for two nights, but wish we could have stayed longer. On the first night they had a pizza party where we were taught traditional pizza making methods with locally sourced food in their stone pizza oven! Great country/hostel atmosphere and amazing staff! Also worth checking out the farmers market and their local wine ! Winner.

Stumbled upon wiki hostel by looking over top hostels in and near Rome based upon approval rating. Wiki hostel was given a very high approval rating so I thought it would be the right hostel to choose! After spending even just my first night at the hostel (let alone 4 nights in total) I understand why the hostel is so well recommended! The staff, location, atmosphere, facilities, etc. are all amazing! If you are travelling in groups or as a solo traveler (as I was) I certainly recommend here!

AMAZING staff! They're super friendly & engaging & help you with very useful information (Marta you're a STAR!). Super nice vibe,spacious&clean dorms & communal areas, decent breakfast included, swimming-pool, lots of green. But beware that it's NOT in Rome. Zagarolo is at least 30mins, with 1 train/HOUR departing each-way and & very FEW on SAT/SUNDAY. Your trip is restricted to train times. If you don't mind the distance+time on train, & staying AT LEAST 5days/4 nights in Rome, You'll love it!