Wiki Hostel & Green Village Reviews

Via Colle Casette 34, Zagarolo, Rome, Italy

Great staff who are very friendly and want you to have the best time! It is about 30 minutes by train outside the city and you have to come back before midnight (because trains stop running). I was there for the free pasta night and that was a fun time. They set everything up so it is easy to meet people and hang out. Very affordable drinks at the bar as well.

It's a little far out of Rome, about 40 minutes by train but the little town it's in is really cute and the hostel itself is amazing. Spent six nights there and it was so so nice. The staff, the food, the people, the cats; everything was fantastic. Everyone was so welcoming and helpful and the whole atmosphere of the place was super chilled out and relaxing, one of the best hostels I've ever been to. Also the pasta party and the pizza party were excellent.

• 8th Aug 2014

I could say the location is bad, because you have to take a 30 minutes train ride to get to Rome. But if you booked this hostel, you are probably aware of it, so it shouldn't be a reason to complain. All I can say is that I loved it, probably the best hostel I've ever stayed, with the nicest people and the nicest atmosphere.

The atmosphere here is great, I met wonderful people. The location for me was perfect as it was very nice to be out of the business of Rome in summer, but if a central location is important to you then don't stay here. The facilities were fantastic for a hostel, although the kitchen was quite dirty and smelly and not very inviting to use. The staff were friendly and helpful, although I nearly missed a connection at Roma Termini because the shuttle left very late although I'd given warning.

Would recommend to anyone . I'm a solo traveller and I met so many great people . The staff were friendly and it was very clean .

• 4th Aug 2014

If you travel to Rome take this hostel! Our group of 11 people stayed for 2 nights. We loved the atmosphere, the staff, the place. Even though the hostel is a little outside of Rome it is a good place to start visiting the city. Via local-railway you are within 35 minutes in the heart of the city. The people working at the hostel have always good ideas where to go to, how to get in places without standing for hours in a line and where to buy the best icecream of the city, ... . THANK YOU.

• 28th Jul 2014

While Zagarolo has sights to offer in and of itself, most who stay are looking to commute to Rome. It can be a nuisance getting there. However, if you are comfortable making this trip each day, you can't beat the value of WikiHostel.

This hostel was amazing, the staff as so friendly and accomadating. Even after I checked ut, they let me leave my bag behind for a day so I could go camping and were super friendly when I came back. Loved everything about this place, the pizza and pasta nights are such a fantastic idea and so much fun. I loved this hostel - best one I've been to.

Wiki Hostel is a great place in a little town just outside Rome. It has a really nice atmosphere, friendly staff and is very clean. Every monday they have Pasta Party and every friday they have Pizza Party, where you get to make your own Italian pizza and eat all you can for 5 euro, which is great, and also a good way to meet the people who are staying at the hostel. It has a shuttle service to get you to the train station in the morning or to pick you up in the evening.

The staff was great, free breakfast was nice to have and they had several coon areas where it was easy to meet other people. I'll stay there again

There are three things that make this hostel stand out from all the rest; 1) the excellent staff who actually care about your comfort - they ask you to have a photo with them when you leave and you can share it etc on social media. 2) the ice breakers they put on every week, the first day we had a pasta party where all the guests get together and make authentic italian pasta dishes and then we all ate together, fantastic for getting to know your fellow travellers. and finally the shuttlebus!!!

• 7th Jul 2014
  • Wales

I love the vibe of this place. The staff is super friendly, the surroundings are great and love the pasta and pizza party. It is a great place, and I would come back.

Wiki Hostel is located at around 35 minutes ride from Rome. I really like that since I did not want to stay in the crowed and hot Rome. The facilities are great. Staff member are friendly and helpful and the feeling of being in a quiet and relaxing place was worth the trip, i even saw tons of fireflies I really recommend staying in this Hostel. Grazie guys.

Absolutely loved this place. Hostel was a short train ride from Rome, but the only time this bothered me was one night I wanted to stay late in town (trains stop at 10:30pm). Otherwise, the location was actually amazing- Rome was too much of a "big city" for me, so this hostel was like an oasis every evening after seeing the sights. What really made this place amazing, though, was the staff and how easy it was to meet and hang out with other backpackers. So fun! One of my favorite hostels.

Muchas gracias por todo chicos! Somos la familia Onorati de Argentina, lo pasamos muy bien y nos hubiera encantado habernos quedado un par de dias mas, pero lamentablemnte no pudimos! Abrazos!

Great hostel with great service and nice and helpful staff. WIFI not available in the room, which is a pitty.

• 13th Jun 2014

Apart from a slight dissadvantage of staying off the actual Rome (~20min via a very comfortable train route + 2 minutes by the free shuttle the staff provide almost non-stop), it's one of the best hostels we've spent our time at. It's sparkling clean, has a huge common area with a garden and a tasty wine bar / mini-restaurant you can relax at. The staff was lovely, helpfull and made our stay awesome. There's pizza party on fridays and pasta on mondays - don't miss out, it's the real thing!

Amazing place, amazing staff, all around great. It's a short train ride to Rome and away from all the hustle so it's truly like staying at home after a day in the city. Also don't miss the Pizza and the Pasta nights! Book here if you like meeting great people in a very chill environment.

From the hostels of all 27 european countries I´ve been, there is absolutely no doubt that Wiki Hostel was the BEST oyf all ! Never seen people that had so much attention with their guests. Not only that, it´s the best price if you´re going to stay in Rome. If you´re looking for relaxation, fun and good feeling Wiki hostel is the right place. Also, I strongly recommend to enroll on the pizza and pasta parties! Thanks a lot Wiki crew!

This was an excellent place to stay. It was totally worth the distance. The staff are incredible. They will drive you to and from the train station so that you don't have to walk. The atmosphere is wonderful. They even had a pizza party night to teach you how to make italian pizza. I, unfortunately, was unable to go to the pasta night but i bet it was just as good. I would recommend this hostel to anyone!

« first « Prev 1 2 3