Wiki Hostel & Green Village Reviews

Via Colle Casette 34, Zagarolo, Rome, Italy

One of the best hostels I've stayed in, do not get scared of by the distance to the city center, that's actually a good thing. It's located in Zagarolo, a tiny but very beautiful town outside of rome. Train ride there is 30 minutes and no hassle at all. The hostel itself is very atmospheric and open, it was very easy to meet new people, had a lot of fun there. Even the dinner is cheap and quite good, although a kitchen to cook yourself is provided. The wine was even better and pretty cheap.

Not recommended if you only have a day or two to stay. From Rome's main station it takes another 1-2 hours to get to the hostel (so that's 2-4 hours out of your day both ways). First train also doesn't leave the area til like 6am, so if you have an early flight out you can't get there. Atmosphere is unique, and I think it would be fun for an extended stay. Nice people, a little too casual at times. Had one of their cats jump in my bed in the middle of the night and paw at my legs.

Do yourself a favour and go and stay at Wiki. The best hostel we stayed at in our three week trip around Europe, friendly and interesting staff, great facilities and an all you can eat pizza party on the Friday, what more could you want??

• 18th Aug 2015

Relaxing hostel just a short train ride from Rome. Upgraded to a private room which was huge and had it's own bathroom. The dorm room I was in for one night was large - enough room for everyone's luggage and cupboards you could lock with your own lock. However, I was on the top bunk and it shook each time I made a slight movement which was quite annoying (but this was not the reason I upgraded). Pasta at the pasta night was delicious. Staff were extremely helpful and friendly.

Wiki hostel was such a great place to stay! Favourite thing was definitely the pizza and pasta party, great way to meet people, often you don't find hostels do activities like that to bring guests together, so it was really appreciated! Clean and spacious, there was a lovely outside area to relax and the pool was awesome. Had a kitchen but also a restaurant and bar! Only issues were that it's a 25 minute train ride from Rome and the wifi would sometimes not work, but I knew that so it was nbd!

Loved this place!! The staff were great, the people I met there were great, and the pizza party was great!!! It's worth taking the 30 minute (sometimes just under an hour depending on how many stops your train takes) trips in and out of the city center because after hours of walking around Rome, it's nice to relax in the quiet town of Zagarolo. The hostel staff is very helpful and will even pick you up / drop you off at the Zagarolo station for free. Definitely coming back here in the future!

Train station pick up is excellent. Whole place is super chilled, we booked 2 nights and stayed 5 due to staff, wine, village, wine, pool, food and wine: all excellent things! Lots of mosquitoes, but citronella spray provided. Lockers in rooms. Lovely village to walk around, try horse! Easy to get to Rome and very relaxed. Almost too many common areas - nothing forces you to meet other people.

This hostel was amazing! I would recommend it to anyone travelling, it's thirty minutes from Rome, but they're very open about that and Zagarolo is a really nice small town. The staff is incredibly nice and helpful, and they make it really easy to meet people, the pizza party is also incredibly good and fun! I couldn't recommend it enough!

STAY AT THIS HOSTEL!!!! If you come to Rome don't waste your money and time anywhere else. This is the place to be. You're an idiot if you go anywhere else. I originally booked 3 nights and extended my stay for 3 more nights. It's a 20 minute train ride out of Rome but it's still worth it. Pizza Party, pasta party, pool, big clean rooms, amazing staff.

Enjoyed my stay at Wiki, staff was very friendly. It was a nice stay outside of Rome. Shuttle service to the train was great otherwise it's about a 15 minute walk. Trains took 30 minutes into Roma termini. Rooms were clean, mine had AC as well which was nice to have. Beds were pretty poor though, very thin. They have pasta and pizza nights which were delicious and a good way to meet people. The wifi was pretty poor though, worked sometimes other times it was pretty slow.

Very nice hostel, in a tucked away location. Very friendly staff, provides a great service.

The staff are some of the friendliest people I've meet and they are all Italian (except Matt. He's British so it kind of throws off the flow but he gives a good walking tour so it's ok) and they have huge amounts of knowledge about the surrounding area. There is a reason so many people book extra days after staying a while. Close enough to rome or just stay in the pool and relax in the sun. Pasta and pizza party's are unforgettable. Wiki's slogan should be "We the best" Because they are.

• 8th Aug 2015

This was one of my favorite hostel experiences ever. I originally booked two nights, took a tour of the facilities then added a day, then stayed an extra night after that. This is the perfect place to come relax outside Rome. Termini train takes 30 minutes, then Wiki will pick you up or it's a 15 minute walk. The social atmosphere is basically perfect: tons of common areas, cheap local wine, guest kitchen and a pool. Watch the stars at night from the terrace. Do yourself a favor and stay here.

This is the place you'll want to stay at when you're visiting Rome. Great people, you'll always find someone to share a glass of wine with. The staff is super friendly and will help you with everything. Transport into the city works super well, they drive you to the station and then it's only half an hour until you're there. You need to spend a Friday there, don't miss out on Pizza Party!!!

Wiki Hostel is the friendliest hostel you will find in Rome! The staff run the hostel in the spirit of social entrepreneurship, supporting the local community by sellling local produce as well as arranging parties (the pizza nor the pasta parties are to be missed!!) where even the locals participate. I can really recommend to go on the Zagarolo tour as it will give a genuine insight into how ordinary Italiens live in most part of the country. Making friends takes an instant! Thank you all!

A big thankyou to all the staff at wiki, we enjoyed our stay very much. Special shout out to chef Matteo and Matt, the day out with you guys was the highlight of our stay. Matteo that was the most delicious gelato I've ever had. Matt, thankyou for showing us a part of Rome we wouldn't have seen otherwise. Wiki is a wonderful place to stay and would highly recommended to everyone.

My stay in this hostel was amazing! Everything was great, the facilities, the atmosphere...! Special thumbs up for Matt for being friendly and welcoming! :) I'd highly advise you to plan your stay so you could be there on Fridays (amazing homemade pizzas for dinner).

Super friendly staff. The location was a bit out of Rome but they are very open about it on booking and the trains there were comforable (and cheap!). They pick you up from the station. Everything was really clean and they organise several group activites every week including pasta night, pizza night and walking tours of the local town. Nice kitchen for cooking too! There's a cheap supermarket across the road and a really nice restaurant on site. Lockers included in the room.

Good place to stay for visiting Rome by commuting on the train. Much more comfortable than similarly priced hostels in Rome. Especially advantageous during the hot summer weather Rome is having at the moment, because Wiki has a pool and a pleasant shady garden. Like most hostels in this price range it doesnt include air-con or even fan, but it's not a big deal because the house has some passive cooling. A thick hedge of big bamboos keeps the afternoon sun off the house.

This is definitely one of our favourite hostels!! Located in Zagarelo, which is about 30 minute train from Rome Termini, which is so easy, then the hostel run a free shuttle, which is perfect! When we arrived, off a night train and they came and picked us up before they usually even start shuttles. We met some amazing people there, and the staff were amazing, it was such a social hostel! The second night we were there we had a pasta party, where we all made the food! Plus they had cute kittens!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5