Wild Rover Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Calle Matara 261, Cusco, Peru

The hostel got a good location, but it's very noisy and there's not good organization in the reception, people working there are not fast enough!

Myself and my girlfriend stayed here for a number of nights either side of our trek (which meant we need to sleep). We had no problem with noise whatsoever. This even included a night in the 16 bed dorm. The staff are great, security is tight and the hostel goes to lengths that other hostels don't to ensure that the bar is soundproofed and that guests are quiet at night. This hostel is the perfect base if doing Machu Picchu. It also has the best parties in Peru. Our beds were ready on time!

The craziest coolest staff in the world. Always something happening. Great place to stay

• 10th Aug 2015

party hostel!

Staff super slow and not efficient. Rooms not ready at time of check in and big confusion on bed attribution (twice!!). Thousands of security rules that are useless since not controlled. Super noisy because of parties inside the hostel. Dorms are supe messy. Only good point : hot showers.

Bed wasnt ready until 6pm. Toilet was broken. I could not have left fast enough. I had 2 women crawl on me in the night to charge their phone. the 6 rm doorm was all women and one man who thought it appropriate to have loud foreplay at 2am. When I asked him to be quite he yelled at me that this was a party hostel. And if I didn't like it I could go. Security removed the woman. it was 2 non refundable nights and the hostel couldnt offer me a change in room and the cleaners threw out my pj's

• 3rd Aug 2015

The staff is slow and not helpful Beds are not ready at 3p.m The place is very noisy during the night Rooms and facilities are not clean

Great parties and food is excellent at the restaurant. However staff were very disorganised at reception, they often got confused over reservations and requests. Friend had her bag stolen from the courtyard also. .

This hostel got a nice bar, parties every nights, a bit too much to me! There is a lot of noise all the time, and someone very drunk got in the dorm in the middle of the night!

Wild rover hostels are great, such a Fun atmosphere and the staff are great for the most part, unfortunately we did find the staff at front desk alittle rude but the bar staff were great besides one incident with a drunk bar tender causing a scene. It's excellent value for money and in such a good location! I would recommend it to all my friends.

Lovely bar, shame about the drunk bar tenders. Food was very good value and the rooms were nice and spacious. Hot shower was great.

Party hostel. Great fun and I met many other fun people. Not ideal if you want to rest after a trek. Otherwise great! Lively bar. Bar manager (Thiago) has an over inflated ego, but aside from that good bar. Showers mediocre. Toilets blocked frequently. Better than Arequipa WR, but not as nice as la Paz WR.

The environment was awesome, and it was great to have a bar/restaurant in the hostel. The beds weren't made when we arrived even though it was well after 3 pm. It really grossed me out that they only changed the sheets and not the comforter...I've seen what people do on hostel beds. :/ I also had to ask for a pillowcase. They also cleaned the bathrooms everyday from around 8 am to 10am which is maybe the most inconvenient time ever to clean bathrooms.

The atmosphere here was amazing! So easy to meet people and such fun nights, the bar staff are incredibly friendly and get the party going! Our room was really clean and fab shower. It's slightly pricier than other hostels but worth it

The staff was really nice. They were helpful with any questions

• 1st Jul 2015

All of the reviews referencing Wild Rover as "The Party Hostel" are completely accurate. There is something going on every night, and people come from throughout the city to start or finish the night at the Irish bar here.

• 9th Jun 2015

If you want to have a great time in Cusco I recommend you stay here! Such a fun hostel. Amazing bread with breakfast!

Bit grossed out to see cleaning lady remake a used bed with dirty sheets for a new person on TWO occasions. Pretty much the most basic thing you expect from a hostel! Also was told to move rooms yet my old bed was not remade and no one slept in it. A bit inconvenient and disorganised. Also wanted to book another night but was told to 'book online' by the lady at reception at 8pm. Guy is super nice though. Good location etc and enjoyed my stay however some improvements could really be made.

this hostel was awesome! happy hour specials are some of the cheapest youll find in cusco. the staff was awesome and the party scene was great. right downtown walking distance to everything you need. not a bad thing to say

I understand this is a party hostel & that is okay. What is not okay is the hostel staff getting everyone so drunk they don't know what they're doing. One night 2 people got it on in my dorm very loud & the girl didn't even know who she was. Later the guy managed to use the bathroom on me, my bed, my clothes & all over the dorm. Another night a guy was throwing up off his top bunk. They get people drunk to just keep spending money, it's not cool. Oh & the free breakfast and WiFi are horrible.

« first « Prev 1 2 3