Wild Rover Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Calle Matara 261, Cusco, Peru

The staff at the front desk are totally unorganized and confused. They guranteed us that we are to move to the private room the next day. Each day there were new people at the reception, and none had a clue about our reservation of the room. After several days of this ignorance and confusion of the reception, we walked out to find a hotel 1 block away. Also, there is a loud party everyday until 2:30 am.

We stayed at Wild Rover Hostel in La Paz as well and that's why we booked in Cusco. I really liked this hostel as well but the reception staff was not good at all. They were really slow when checking out and counting your bill, which we did twice because we couldn't leave for a tour to Machu Picchu without paying even though we had booked the rooms for the whole time away and a few days after. You would think grown up people would be able to do some simple math without depending on a calculator.

Excellant spot! Great atmosphere, really friendly staff always willing to help. Really good food throughout the day also. Location is perfect for Cusco, stones throw from the action. Definatly hope to be back someday! Thanks!

Its a hostel (looks like a plant producing new backpackers everyday) for party animals, which is great but hard for people who are travelling during the day and trying to rest a bit. Wifi didint work properly and when it comes to pay your consumptions, DO ask for the bill! The day i arrived they charged extra costs to smo in front of me and the day i left they tried to charge me 40 soles more as well which is not profesional. However most persons of the staff were truly nice and helpful.

• 16th Feb 2014
  • Belgium

Staff on reception and travel desk were extremely inefficient.

I left review on Wild Rovers La Paz,wich is better in my opinion ,but this hostel is good as well.I would gladly recomend it to other people

If you like to party and dont mind not having nearly enough sleep this is the place for you, comfortable bed, clean and the staff are awesome

Fantastic and best hostel of my stay so far!! Originally booked in for 1 night, ended up being 13 nights at Wild Rover. The managers Numa, Adam and Lena are fantastic - so are their staff & volunteers. You feel right at home and safe here whilst being able to have crazy nights in the Bar. The rooms are really comfy and always kept clean, hot showers and even free hair dryer & straighteners in the 'make-up' room. Looking forward to going back!!!

Gratest hostel in Cuzco!! Great drinks, staff and food!

Party hostel with a bar so you get to meet other non-Peruvians and party in Peru with them.

Nice hostel.. with a nice bar.. really good people.. the best for party.. and as the bar is far fr the rooms.. it is possible to sleep..

Definitely a party hostel, staff encourages it. There are events in the bar every night. The food from the kitchen is pretty good and affordable. The wifi signal works in the common areas but not in some of the rooms upstairs. The hostel definitely gets cold, doesn't seem to be insulated very well. The bathroom in my 4 person dorm room was just ok. Wild Rover does provide lockers where you can charge your electronics, but only something the size of a phone, not large enough for an iPad or laptop

Wild Rover Cusco is very clean, well located and well staffed. Every room has an en suite, which is nice. The atmosphere at the bar isn't quite as good as other party hostels I have been at, though, and due to the layout there is a lot of noise from the bar in most bedrooms.

me and my friends really enjoyed staying at this hostel, and had some much fun at the themed parties they have every night! it s a great party hostel!!!! and the staff is super friendly and willing to help!

• 4th Jan 2014
  • Argentina

amazing place and fun. the bar is amazing and the food is great. very clean place

Only go if you want to party!!

Planned to stay for a couple of days only I extended my stay to almost a month here. The beds are very comfortable and the showers are really hot. And there is a bar with amazing staff, drinks and food. Special thanks to Eugene and Bronson at the bar. These guys where amazing and helpful! It is a party location though so a good night's sleep is not always guaranteed ;-)

very annoyed by the man in reception being drunk as we checked in.he was clumsy, very casual about moving us into a 10bed dorm when we booked