Wild Rover Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Calle Matara 261, Cusco, Peru

Great hostel. Excellent location in cusco. Very close to san Francisco square. Stayed there before and after inca trek. The bar does great food and has a great atmosphere. Staff are legends. The nightlife is outstanding in wild rover hostel.

Great place to stay, never felt more welcome in my life, Danny Jess cal and Brandon behind the bar never made me feel so welcome travelling by myself ever! I'll be back there for sure! The create a great atmosphere and always up for a chat! Bunch of legends

• 9th Oct 2014

What a place to stay! Perfect location, great food, clean rooms and brilliant atmosphere. Staff are helpful and fun - you're guaranteed an awesome time here! Many thanks to Jessica and the gang at the wild rover.

• 9th Oct 2014

Had the time of my life at Wild rover!! Such a fun place with nice people. The only thing is the 16 bed dorm is to close to the bar so it's really hard to sleep. I would suggest people to stay in the smaller dorm upstairs so you can sleep when you are done partying

The rooms are ok but be warned you will not get nights sleep not the hostels fault more the people living in it, if your up for a party and want to be up all night then wild rover is great... Not so great if you've been trekking and looking for a little rest afterwards.

• 5th Oct 2014
  • Scotland

I, me and my friend have stayed there for almost two weeks, we've stayed here for almost two weeks here and had the the best fun. The staff is amazing, the party-agenda is excellent, the location is very good and even the food, especially for a hostel is pretty good (and affordable). If you wanna have a good time, especially party-wise, go here! aP.s. Jess*, sorry Monique, she made me do this, is the best bartender I've ever seen! P.p.s. Based on a (semi)true story!

• 3rd Oct 2014

Drunken, debauched and raucous. It's like Valhalla but with Irish people instead of vikings. I never wanted to leave!

The best of the 3 Wild Rover hostels. Good central layout makes it easy to meet people. Front desk staff were helpful, bar staff were mostly slow but helpful once you got their attention. Great party atmosphere but don't expect quiet until after 2am. Central location to Plaza de Armas. Spotty wifi. Hot and clean showers with consistent pressure.

Great hostel Food at the bar was amaZing and cheap Guy at the front desk had great English and was always helpful Room was always clean with warm blankets and bathroom was cleaned regularly Would definitely stay again when I'm in cusco :)

• 8th Sep 2014

regardless of being a party place they have great rooms and they are far from the bar. So if you need to Wake up early or if you come back trashed for some tour, you are able to rest without problems. And also the place is just the best hostel ever. Amazing bar, great food for a nice price, free shots.... awesome parties. Only thing I would say is that having a kitchen for the guests would be very helpful for the ones travelling on a budget.

I loved the irish bar of this hostel, and the karaoke night was so much fun! Although the breakfast could be WAY better, is basically bread and milk. And the rooms could have more plugins to charge devices. Overall a good hostel

Awesome Hostel chain! Just didn't like that they had one shower per bedroom. The other wild rovers have separate shower facilities, which makes it much easier.

Security: our room didn't have a lock on it! Atmosphere was great if you wanted to party the drinks are soo cheap, 7soles (£1.50) for a double vodka and juice! Good coverage on live sports! Cleanliness: poor, our bathroom was gross someone had been sick all over it and didn't clean it up! Facilities are ok however the wifi was intermittent, hot showers the majority of the time, the in-room lockers are metal, so very noisy and they need to be better located, e.g locker 2 should be beside bed 2!

Best Party hostel ever. Thanks to Liz, the awesome front desk girl, she was extremely helpful!

We stayed in all 3 Wild Rovers and liked them all but Cusco was definitely our favourite. Big beds with actual duvets (rare in South America even in the colder climates) and out hot water ALWAYS worked. Danny, the bar manager, especially made our stay great so thanks to him from the four kiwi girls. The athmosphere was really good when we wanted to party, and our room was quiet enough when we wanted to have a night in.

Good fun hostel. Very helpful tour agency.

best place ever for party and making friends!

I was unfortunately robbed whilst staying in Cusco. I found the staff to be really really unhelpful and even sent me to the wrong police station!! The atmosphere wasnt great for a party hostel, full of cliques. We moved hostels and much preferred the second. Private rooms walked straight out to the bar area. Not ideal.

This is a real party hostel so if ur looking for a good night every night this is the place to be!! Also has a good agency within the hostel to book trips to Machu Picchu and all other trips in Cusco. Would definitely stay here again!!

Wild time indeed , great party hostel ,great staff amazing time I shall be back