Wild Rover Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Calle Matara 261, Cusco, Peru

The best two weeks of my life. A terrific party hostel with an unbelievable atmosphere. The staff were great and I made friends for life. Ideal location, cheap food/booze and a decent ping-pong table. The only downside was the wifi but I was too busy getting drunk to use it anyway! Strongly recommend to young travellers.

Wifi is terrible, the cleaning is not so good, there is no much interaction between the staff and the backpackers. Apart from that the atmosphere is excellent, the parties are awesome.

The reception staff were always helpful. The bar and staff were amazing!!! St Patrick's day at this hostel was one of the funnest days. The wifi could be better but that's standard. Thank you wild rover cusco.

Spent one night here after the Inca trail. Lots of ignorant people, turning lights on at 2 am and deciding to do coke and have a party in the room despite people trying to sleep. The courtyard is supposed to be a quiet zone after 10 but security does nothing to enforce this. Don't expect any sleep at this place. Would not recommend, many better options in Cusco.

Terrible wifi. Lives up to the it's name of party hostel - personally wasn't for me as the 'party' came across as forced. Staff were rude and got drunk during the day - then decided to go through everyone's rooms. Unorganised and didn't know I was even booked in. 24 hour reception is good. Location was good. Lockers and safe to keep things when I wasn't there.

Wild Rover is a party hostel, and partying is the reason I chose Wild Rover over any other hostels in Cuzco. There is an awesome Irish bar to coop yourself in with the staff being fellow travellers that couldn´t resist leaving the party atmosphere. The beds are good, the bathrooms are good with hot showers, the food they serve at the bar is well priced too. Stay at Wild Rover if you wish to dance on the bar, drink a lot of alcohol, and party with fellow travellers.

good location, great for a party hostel!! just stay before the inca trail.not after when your shattered!!!

Wasn't too impressed with this hostel, arrived on our first night and were sent to another dull hostel because apparently our room had flooded. (They had overbooked)- not the best!

The hostel is great. Only problem with the wifi.

• 10th Mar 2015
  • Israel

Good fun hostel. Not as clean as its La Paz counterpart and Wifi was fairly hopreless.

Big time party hostel, good food, friendly staff and great place to meet people.

Greeeattt hostel !!!!!! I loved it. Great location between Plaza de las Armas and San Pedro Market (don't miss it). The staff is amazing and if you like to party, it is the place to be! Party every night at the bar which great themes and cheap drinks ! Ping pong table, pool table, breakfast until 12 !!!! And the rooms are clean, the bathroom was in the dorm (8 bed dorm). They keep your bag for free to go to Macchu Picchu. I definitely recommend this hostel !

I worked here for 2.5 weeks so I know I sound biased. However, this is one of the best hostels I have ever been too. Friendly staff, amazing and fun atmosphere. I will for ever be thankful to the memories made and the people I met. You would be silly not to stay here. Even for non party goers, you can get away from the noise and do your own thing. But you really want to party here!! :) Griff

This was the wild rover we were least impressed by.... we honestly only stayed here for the t-shirt! Felt dated and worn. No real atmosphere during our stay there and the bar staff couldn't have cared less about us. Didn't love it... I'm sure there are better hostels out there.

Best party hostel in Peru by far. Great atmosphere, great people, great bar.

Well, the staff from another country just said to me that she was too drunk justifying the reason she opened my locker and grabbed my ipod, earphones, charger, my iphone charger too. That is it! She said looking at me without any problem and the reception didn't make nothing about just checked on the camera to see who was the person who grabbed my stuff - the girl. Another day I dropped my wallet and the security gave me back after 3 minutes without any money saying that wasnt him. Awful place

Best hostel we have stayed at, had a really good vibe. The bar staff were super friendly and hilarious. Had some really good nights here. The rooms are nice and the bathrooms are clean with hot water. Also the food is pretty good. We definitely recommend this hostel was good fun

Good party vibes, close to centre of town, good security, very friendly staff. Can get a few hours of shut eye if needed.

Biggest problem was the fitted sheets not fitting the mattress- uncomfortable and unhygienic when you find yourself on the bare mattress. I left my bags briefly and although they gave me a tag it wasn't used and they freely let me into the overcrowded storage room without any supervision. However, staff were cool, location is great, good wifi and nice shower. As with all big party hostels, it was a bit intimidating as a solo traveller and lacked a friendly atmosphere. Pariwana was better.

The pub is amazing.