Wild Rover Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Calle Matara 261, Cusco, Peru

Had a great time here. The Rover gets a bad rap here but it's actually brilliant. I stayed in a 6-bed girls-only dorm and had no problems with noise or whatever. The bar is excellent craic. Thought Jack (the manager) was a total pro and he went to the ends of the earth to get us to the airport on a No-Car-Day in La Paz. Reception staff sometimes misinformed. Bar staff are brilliant. Really clean place. Hot showers. Breakfast goes late. Late check out. Comfortable beds. Can't go wrong

Great hostel. The 4 bed dorm was very spacious and it was great to have a big en suite bathroom with hot shower.

Really good hostel! The bar inside is incredible and the parties that happen every day are great! Also have good food and cold beer for a reasanoble price. When we arrive, our bedroom was not smelling good, we told them and they quicly moved us for another room bigger than the one we originally paid. Really good and atencious staff. The only two bad things: the eletrical outlets are rare (just one in a room of six people, impossible to charge the phone during night) and no wifi in the bedroons.

Great location a few blocks from the main square in Cusco. If you've stayed at wild rover before than you know what to expect- partying, hot showers and comfortable beds. Not quite as crazy as Wild Rover La Paz though and the staff are a bit "clicky" apart from that a great place to stay.

Pros: ThThe other guests Cons: Ordered a hamburger at 9:35pm and the kitchen did not want to take the order. They said the kitcen is closed even though it closes at 10pm. I'm not sure how ththe owner would feel about turning away money. The staff are very disinterested and disrespectful also simply overly drunk. These poor Peruvians need not foforget that they have a job because of us foreigners spending money at hostels. Don't forget how you eat. ;)

Hand's down one of the best or thee best hostel I have stayed at. This is the place to meet people and have a great time. The staff was excellent and extremely friendly, they made me feel like one of the family. I highly recommend this hostel to anyone.

The hostel got a good location, but it's very noisy and there's not good organization in the reception, people working there are not fast enough!

Great party hostel. Parties every night at the bar which has cheapish food and gets real wild.

Myself and my girlfriend stayed here for a number of nights either side of our trek (which meant we need to sleep). We had no problem with noise whatsoever. This even included a night in the 16 bed dorm. The staff are great, security is tight and the hostel goes to lengths that other hostels don't to ensure that the bar is soundproofed and that guests are quiet at night. This hostel is the perfect base if doing Machu Picchu. It also has the best parties in Peru. Our beds were ready on time!

The craziest coolest staff in the world. Always something happening. Great place to stay

party hostel!

Staff super slow and not efficient. Rooms not ready at time of check in and big confusion on bed attribution (twice!!). Thousands of security rules that are useless since not controlled. Super noisy because of parties inside the hostel. Dorms are supe messy. Only good point : hot showers.

Bed wasnt ready until 6pm. Toilet was broken. I could not have left fast enough. I had 2 women crawl on me in the night to charge their phone. the 6 rm doorm was all women and one man who thought it appropriate to have loud foreplay at 2am. When I asked him to be quite he yelled at me that this was a party hostel. And if I didn't like it I could go. Security removed the woman. it was 2 non refundable nights and the hostel couldnt offer me a change in room and the cleaners threw out my pj's

• 3rd Aug 2015

The staff is slow and not helpful Beds are not ready at 3p.m The place is very noisy during the night Rooms and facilities are not clean

Great parties and food is excellent at the restaurant. However staff were very disorganised at reception, they often got confused over reservations and requests. Friend had her bag stolen from the courtyard also. .

This hostel got a nice bar, parties every nights, a bit too much to me! There is a lot of noise all the time, and someone very drunk got in the dorm in the middle of the night!

Wild rover hostels are great, such a Fun atmosphere and the staff are great for the most part, unfortunately we did find the staff at front desk alittle rude but the bar staff were great besides one incident with a drunk bar tender causing a scene. It's excellent value for money and in such a good location! I would recommend it to all my friends.

Lovely bar, shame about the drunk bar tenders. Food was very good value and the rooms were nice and spacious. Hot shower was great.

Party hostel. Great fun and I met many other fun people. Not ideal if you want to rest after a trek. Otherwise great! Lively bar. Bar manager (Thiago) has an over inflated ego, but aside from that good bar. Showers mediocre. Toilets blocked frequently. Better than Arequipa WR, but not as nice as la Paz WR.

The environment was awesome, and it was great to have a bar/restaurant in the hostel. The beds weren't made when we arrived even though it was well after 3 pm. It really grossed me out that they only changed the sheets and not the comforter...I've seen what people do on hostel beds. :/ I also had to ask for a pillowcase. They also cleaned the bathrooms everyday from around 8 am to 10am which is maybe the most inconvenient time ever to clean bathrooms.