Wild Rover Backpackers Reviews

Calle Comercio1476, La Paz, Bolivia

DO NOT DO YOUR WASHING HERE! We put a bag into the laundry service only to have our clothes returned in shreds and had been washed and dried at such a high heat our clothes had been melted (not 40 degrees as stated in their t's & c's). The manager Ben was incredibly rude and dealt with the situation highly unprofessionally. The compensation offered was laughable when compared to the amount that was ruined and it completely ruined our stay.

Lots of fun, great environment if you like to party! Breakfast is simple, food at the bar is great but expensive. Showers only sometimes with hot water.

craziest place in south america. jack is the best quiz master and a great manager

Really surprised by this hostel! Super clean bathrooms and the dorms were the best I have stayed in South America- the beds were huge! Fab bar with great drink deal and serving homely food. The hostel is really well run with plenty of staff available to help you. Only negatives were the lack of kitchen and basic breakfast.

When visiting La Paz look no further than the Wild Rover when looking for a hostel. I spent a week here and loved it. It's one of the best hostels I've ever been in. Staff are brilliant especially the loud Tipp man, Jack & Conor in bar. Beds are very comfortable and located well away from the crazy bar, reception were always very helpful and there's a decent travel agent also in hostel. Very easy to make friends here & I'd recommend going rugby training with highest clubs in world - ask Jack.

crazy party hostel, good food, good facilties, dont stay here if your a light sleeper

Great hostel, really good vibe, really clean. Rooms could have a tad more space, breakfast needs improving. Would stay again.

Typical wild rover party hostel, good atmosphere if that is what you're looking for. Standard breakfast bread and jam and coffee and tea. Showers decent if you use the ones in the main building and not the outside ones and they are freezing. Can't complain but wouldn't rave about it as a hostel but its good place to drink

Jack the hostel manager is so friendly and helpful. I would definitely recommend this place. Great bar.

Great bar staff, terrible front desk staff, probably the most unhelpful I've come across in South America! The girls dorm was nice and quiet on a night, great hostel location, food hit and miss.. Showers hit and miss.. Breakfast awful - won't be staying again!

The hostel as a place to stay is pretty average. I was in one of the rooms that is far away from the bar so it was pretty quiet but had doors that didn't really shut so a bit breezy. The showers being outside was also not ideal as so cold in La Paz. That being said the Wild Rover bar lives up to its reputation and I had a wicked night here. No one is staying in Wild Rover for comfort but a goodnight out and it certainly delivered that! Also a great place to meet people.

So much fun! Too much, we couldn't keep up! A great party hostel but dorms far enough away from the bar that you can sleep if you want to. Very clean, lovely food too!

Only problem is that showers are hardly ever hot!

Lots of young people. Really friendly bar staff. Security staff sort of patrol after 12 and tell you to go to your rooms or to the bar which feels a bit like you're in school but apart from that and rare hot water it's really good here

Typical party hostel so if you want a good nights sleep i wouldn't recommend here. Bar was good to have with nice bar food available! Showers near our room were cold but ones in main building were ok. Depending on whos in your room you could have a great stay or... a not so great stay :-)

I got food poisoning from their restaurant and was puking my guts out but had to go down to pay but they ONLY accept bolivianos which I didn't have enough of so I had to go the few blocks to the closest atm, puking 2x on the way only to get back and be told by another staff member that my balance was $60 more than I was told and didn't withdraw as I was leaving Bolivia so I got upset but luckily the original staff came back and charged the original amount but the lack of compassion was upsetting

The beds are soooooo comfy and yes you will be able to sleep even though it's a party hostel! The place is huge so only a couple of rooms are by the bar, just go for a smaller dorm 😀 The breakfast is pants though, stale bread, butter

Fix the plumbing! The toilets didnt flush everyday we were there.

• 31st Mar 2015

Another in the wild rover party chain! Great friendly atmosphere, perfect if travelling on your own. The staff were also really friendly and helpful with all my questions. The hostel was clean and the bathrooms checked every hour which I was impressed with. There was hot water but it was usually better in the mornings. I would recommend this place to lone travellers and groups alike

Staff at Reception were rude majority of the time. Not very approachable. Bar staff were amazing! Always happy and helpful!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5