Wild Rover Backpackers Reviews

Calle Comercio1476, La Paz, Bolivia

i stayed 5 nights at wild rover la paz and it was one of the best experinces i had during this trip. The atmosphere was amazing, the staff was kind and helpfull. If you looking for comptable hostel with good facitilies and great nightlife that's the place for you

• 4th Aug 2014
  • Israel

The place was nice and clean but the staff at reception sooo rude!

Make a 'mild rover' section for the namby pamby pain in the ass kids who complain about noise when they've booked a room at the most notorious party hostel chain in South America.

Staff , esp. Sandra, is very helpful and speaks very good English. Nice place to party and to hang out.

Arrived late due to the strikes in Uyuni. After a horrible journey we were told that the hostel had given our beds away! Cheers! When we told the staff the next day they weren't even apologetic. This is a real "get them in, get the cash and get them out" hostel. Good bar tho. My advice is stay somewhere else and visit the bar... Then go home where you might get a nights sleep....

Wild Rover is a great hostel if you're in the mood to party a lot and are traveling in a group. It seems like a great time if that's your thing. Unfortunately, I was solo and had early mornings so it was more of a nuisance for me. My biggest gripe was that the wifi was basically unusable at the hostel. I had to go to a cafe to get a decent connection. The bathrooms have no external door so a cold draft is always coming in. This isn't the best when taking showers.

Good party but no hot water and unfriendly reception staff.

We stayed 2 nights at the Wild Rover in La Paz in a 6 bed femle dorm. The beds were very comfortable and the showers were warm. Breakfast is basic (bun, jam, tea) and you have to walk outside around a courtyard to get to the bathroom which was chilly. We arranged a 1 day tour of Chacaltaya and Valle de Luna through the hostel tour agency which was very good. The room was pretty quiet even though it was still close to the bar. Good budget option!

dosnt live up to the hype... There is no hot water regardless of what they tell you - I wouldn't stay here for this reason alone.. -4 at night when we stayed what a joke! if you want a party hostel stay else where - Loki has hot water and nicer staff..

Enjoyed our stay here, proper party hostel! Wifi was good too! Food at the bar was decent but Ordering food took them forever tho so make sure your not starving at first!

It only miss a kitchen for the guests

Great atmosphere! Every day is great at the bar! Supersocial. Rooms are a bit small.

Arrived and we werent warmly welcome, got to our room to discover what looked like it hadnt been cleaned for days. showers are basically outside under just a tin roof, which after a night out and wanting to feel fresh and clean wasnt good!

party hostel. the rooms at the back (private rooms and one dorm) is quieter, depending on the dorm you get , you may never be able to sleep

Stayed for 2 nights and that was enough, this is a serious party hostel and we are getting old. Best bunk beds in South America!

Good hostel, nice bar, but could improve the security, anyone with a backpack can enter.

Great place, great time

Exactly what we were expecting and exactly what we got. Party hard, good rooms, nice food. Generally a very well run hostel.

Showers were always cold!!!!! Apart from that fantastic place

I ended up here for a week and a half due to strikes through Bolivia, but after this short time I already felt part of the team! All the staff are super helpful, all up for a party and just general good people. The bar manager Yagmur is one of the best people I have met on my travels, she is amazing! Always hot showers, great food, party atmosphere and just a general awesome time!! =)

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4