Wild Spirit Lodge Reviews

R102 Nature's Valley Road, Garden Route, Plettenberg Bay, South Africa

Really nice Hostel with great atmosphere and view. Only point I have to claim: Shower in our room was ether really hot or really cold.

Tolle Terasse mit Bar inkl.Frühstück und Abendessen(kleiner Aufpreis) und mit super Blick. Die dranliegenden Häuschen sind ebenfalls sehr gemütlich. Nicht empfehlenswert ist das Forest House.Sehr dreckig,klapprige Betten Badewanne im Gruppenraum und Küche nicht vorhanden. Auch die Gemeinschaftsküche ist sehr dreckig und lädt nicht zum kochen ein (alles versüfft). Alles im allen einen Besuch wert,wenn man nicht selber kochen will.

Is in a nice area in the middle of the forest with a waterfall walk within the grounds however there is nothing else around and can only really be accessed if you have a car or by the BazBus. The atmosphere seems lively on a night however there is a very strong hippie vibe which is great if you are into that kind of thing but as this isn't our cup of tea it can feel a little strange.

The location is breathtaking and the lodge lovely with more than enough activities available.The walking trails and the food was very good!Every night before dinner we went to the bar to have a drink and was charged R94 for 2 double G&T.On the last night there was a new bartender who charged us R74 for the same. We told her that this is not what we have been paying and realised that we were charged more by the previous volunteer every time.We were also over charged for the amount of meals we had

I can't say enough good things about this place. The staff are amazing. The live music, amazing. The homemade food makes me want to cry it's so good. And don't even get me started on dessert. I met someone that packed up his whole life and moved there and I suggest you do the same.

Well managed.details taken care of,very warm inclusive attitude of staff...which goes into the care with which they prepare food,spaces,and human encounters.They are clearly working together to create something that adds value to our humanity.I will definitely recommend WILD SPIRIT to other people.

• 13th Jan 2015
  • South Africa

Great location but we accessed it by car. An alternate hostel but we enjoyed the quirkiness of it. Dinner that was offered was reasonably priced and lovely. Limited facilities in the area so if you want something make sure you bring it with you.

Awesome meals. Wonderful views. Great staff.

A great backpackers run by fantastic people

What an amazing place, beautiful views, lovely people, very social chilled vibe. I booked 2 nights and stayed 4!

View all Plettenberg Bay Hostels