Wildebeest Eco Camp Reviews

151 Mokoyeti Road West, Langata, Nairobi, Kenya

So far from anything, they say 20min to town but with traffic it's actually 2hrs! Staff in kitchen nice when I could find them but reception was super rude. When I asked about tours he said they were probably too expensive for me! Well he was right totally overpriced! The grounds and tents are rather nice though. The little kid that lives there was also rude telling me I weighed too much for the trampoline, Geeze.

The atmosphere here is very peaceful and beautiful. The dorms aren't too bad. Wife and food are both good as well.

It is a lovely place with a beautiful garden south of nairobi close to nature. Nairobi national park is only 4 km away and in the night you can lie in your bed and if the city is quiet you may hear the Lions roaring... At this city with high traffic and pollution it is the best choice to relax.

• 12th Nov 2014

Nice place in Karen, close to Karen Blixen house, giraffe centre and the elephant orphanage. I bit further away from the city center.

• 9th Nov 2014
  • Denmark

Wow, you will not flind a place like this anywhere else in africa. If you camp it's one of the cheapest options in Nairobi. Their grounds are gorgeous plus the central meeting area and dining area was great to meet fellow travellers and the food was EXCELLENT. They can arrange tours and the staff was very friendly. The only thing is there is no kitchen for guest use as their food was a little over our budget, but we still went for it since it was really really good food.

The hostel just moved, so everything looks new. The pound isnt finished yet, but the sight is great. Showers and toilets are eco friendly, just that there was no water in the late evening and during the night. This was a bit uncomfortable when you arrive late in the evening and have to leave early in the morning. Very nice staff though and great food. I do have to admit that money was stolen from our lockers and the owners were not very helpful.

View all Nairobi Bed and Breakfasts