Wildebeest Eco Camp Reviews

151 Mokoyeti Road West, Langata, Nairobi, Kenya

It's the best place in Nairobi. Cheapest accommodation, and I feel as if the free breakfast is worth the value I pay for accommodation alone. The staff is mostly friendly and help you out with excursions and safari trips if you haven't booked already (but be careful because their prices are incredibly high compared to other companies). And the area is HUGE... very green, lush with life, and wonderfully chill. I'm relaxing on the restaurant patio on a sunny day as I type this, and I'm in bliss.

This place is great value for money as it included breakfast! They only thing I would say is the dorm tents should perhaps have a padlock on them to make the rooms a little more secure and also the bunk beds did not have ladders so getting to the top bunk in the dark was a bit of a hassle. The facilities are great and it is a lovely laid back feeling.

Wildebeest is by far the best budget accommodation in Nairobi. The only slight drawback is the location. It's nearly impossible to get to/from here without a taxi (at least the staff made it seem that way) and the taxis the front desk will call for you are rather expensive and price is non-negotiable. So, while it is very cheap to stay in the dorms, make sure to budget quite a lot for transportation (at least 1000 Ksh per taxi ride). It was very cold at night too so to bring warm pajamas.

I stayed at Wildebeest on and off for 5 days, in between safaris. It is a fantastic little oasis near Karen and is very near to Sheldricks elephant orphanage, the Blixen museum, and giraffe center. The staff is more than happy to help you get around/ help you plan your (day) trips. The food is great and it's easy to meet people here. The only real downside is that it is quite far from the city center so going out at night can sometimes be a chore. Other than that, I highly recommend this place.

So far from anything, they say 20min to town but with traffic it's actually 2hrs! Staff in kitchen nice when I could find them but reception was super rude. When I asked about tours he said they were probably too expensive for me! Well he was right totally overpriced! The grounds and tents are rather nice though. The little kid that lives there was also rude telling me I weighed too much for the trampoline, Geeze.

The atmosphere here is very peaceful and beautiful. The dorms aren't too bad. Wife and food are both good as well.

It is a lovely place with a beautiful garden south of nairobi close to nature. Nairobi national park is only 4 km away and in the night you can lie in your bed and if the city is quiet you may hear the Lions roaring... At this city with high traffic and pollution it is the best choice to relax.

• 12th Nov 2014

Nice place in Karen, close to Karen Blixen house, giraffe centre and the elephant orphanage. I bit further away from the city center.

Wow, you will not flind a place like this anywhere else in africa. If you camp it's one of the cheapest options in Nairobi. Their grounds are gorgeous plus the central meeting area and dining area was great to meet fellow travellers and the food was EXCELLENT. They can arrange tours and the staff was very friendly. The only thing is there is no kitchen for guest use as their food was a little over our budget, but we still went for it since it was really really good food.

The hostel just moved, so everything looks new. The pound isnt finished yet, but the sight is great. Showers and toilets are eco friendly, just that there was no water in the late evening and during the night. This was a bit uncomfortable when you arrive late in the evening and have to leave early in the morning. Very nice staff though and great food. I do have to admit that money was stolen from our lockers and the owners were not very helpful.

Laundry was over the top expensive!

The only place I'll stay in Nairobi -- safe and beautiful, great atmosphere and full of interesting characters. Feels more like a tented camp in the Mara or a classic lodge than it does like a hostel in the city!

The Wildebeest campsite is by far amazing! Beautiful atmosphere, friendly staff and animals, clean, peaceful and very safe. I would highly recommend staying here. It is a bit of a drive from the city but the quality of your stay will make up for the distance.

It is a beautiful set up and very well done.

Very nice place with beautiful landscaping on the premises. Very friendly staff, especially the front desk, security, and service & cleaning. Mixed crowd, some bigger groups of safari tourist starting their trip from there. Always someone to talk to though. More than we expected and for a reasonable price. :)

Cool place to stay with a very nice relaxed atmosphere. Helpful booking buses to travel on to Tanzania.

Second time staying at Wildebeest. Beautiful accommodation away from the chaos of the city. Staff are great and very helpful. I will return to Wildebeest the next time I make it to Nairobi.

Absolutely gorgeous, felt very homely and just a wonderful place to finish our trip. Really loved being out of town too - the nearby cultural centre was an excellent visit!

Felt really secure with the security and fence/gates. Food was delicious and very well priced. Whilst it's not in central Nairobi, the location is in a really nice suburban part with nice restaurants and shops close by. The grounds were beautiful and I liked the communal dinner as it was a great chance to meet other travelers. It's not a party place by any means, but I like that as it ensures a good nights sleep!

WOWZA! What a place! I'd stay here again in a HEARTBEAT!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6