Wildflower Village Reviews

4275 - 4395 W Fourth, Reno, USA

Funky, hippie atmosphere in rundown old motel, clean enough. Mother/daughter team couldn't be nicer. Place advertises four bed dorms, but they are actually kitchenettes with two bunk beds. Since the place was not crowded, they made sure I had a room to myself - very sweet of them. Downtime Reno has seen better days, but the nearby walking along the Truckee River is spectacular. Mellow music in the attached club/cafe at night.

Lovely place a bit away from the center and the casinos! Nice view in the morning and helpful stuff! Not a usual hostel, more a motel guesthouse with a dorm! Lovely atmosphere

The place is very artsy and pleasing, kinda far from the busy street of reno but far enough to enjoy quiet and hip place like this... They have nightly event so make sure to see it... Also, you need to check in there early, because people often leave after 3pm.

• 19th Aug 2014

The best thing about this hostel was the staff! I felt welcome and it was a really nice atmosphere! Wildflower village is a wonderful place to stay! There are plenty of things to see and explore and even if its not really close to the inner city and the greyhound station its easy to get there because a bus stops right in front of the hostel!

The staff were very friendly and helpful at this hostel. However, it is a long walk from the hostel to downtown. I wouldn't stay here again unless I had a car.

Pat, manager of the wildflower village, was very friendly. It was like having mum at home :) The only regret would be that the wifi access was quite slow and only accessible in certain locations, not in my bedroom for instance.

• 2nd Sep 2013

Get to know the people that work in the hostel, you will have an amazing time. Thank you!!! See you next year

• 24th Aug 2013
  • Mexico

A very nice & interesting place to stay, & I had a most pleasant time. The owner & everyone associated are decent people. And there are some wonderfully strange ( I mean that kindly & also apply it to myself) & intelligent people in studio flats there... worth hanging about & chatting to them

This was a total fail We arrive at 10pm and was closed we call several times and nobody answer the phone So we need to fund some place to stay at this hour of the night

Fun place. No actual breakfast.

Got there at about 10 o'clock at night on a Saturday and no one was there. Knocked the door, rang the bell, tried to call the numbers advertised to no avail. Had to walk about 3km on a motorway to get back to the downtown. Not a very good experience and I sincerely hope I haven't been charged for the night (just got back). Ridiculous.

i would liked to have had wifi and tv in the room but they never said they had it in the room, i would recommend it depending on my friend's needs. the fun part was between poor and average

it was nice not to have a TV which forced me to some quiet time to read and rest. It's a nice change from the fancy hotels.

Not a hostel, but still a nice place to stay. The staff where helpful and friendly and the room was great. Not a good place if your trying to meet other people though.

Despite being booked in the staff were completely oblivious to us having booked a room and had no idea of cost etc. They were unable to provide any sort of information about Reno or the area, they didn't have any maps or knowledge of bus routes or anything. Very disorganised!

Unfortunately, Wildfloweris very far away from downtown Reno. In the website they say it is around 2 miles, but from a car I observed a distance superior to 10 miles. Besides, I came up in a monday morning and there was nobody in the office. I gave up after an hour clapping hands in the middle of the road !

funny little place. no deadbolt on the door, but it didn't seem sketchy.

a bit far from the action, pick a place closer to downtown reno. this place is a bit "twilight zone."

It was about a $20 cab ride from the airport, and that's my only complaint. The staff was warm, the place was funky and comfortable. I'd stay there again.