William Penn House Reviews

515 East Capitol St SE, Washington DC, USA

a conveniant and clean place to stay in DC, but the kids are a little noisy when i stay there. though the breakfast is simple, i still love it. however, i think there should be some closets in the room, and what frastrates me is that people cant use the toilets and shower at the same time.

absolutely fantastic walking distance to mall ,museums, memorials , nats ballpark and union station friendly helpful staff highly recommend the william penn house

• 3rd Apr 2014

I had a lovely time. After a whirlwind few days traveling in DC, it was the peaceful respite I needed. It was clean and tidy, and all the guests were respectful. There are lock boxes for any valuables or you can leave them in the locked office. I recommend bringing (or buying from the office) earplugs for any snorers. It is located about 15 min by foot from the metro in a residential area. The staff were so nice and helpful. Hope to return soon!

• 28th Mar 2014

Thank you for your hospitality. I would like to come back for my next time in DC.

• 17th Mar 2014
  • Japan

We really like the atmosphere at the WPH. It is a pleasant place to stay.

didn't feel very welcome when I checked in. I had to ask to be shown my room and bed assignment. Since this was my first visit to WP, I didn't know where or how this hostel was set up. would have been nice to have an extra blanket too.

• 1st Mar 2014

I appreciated the friendliness and security of William Penn House. Facilities are basic but clean. The only "problem" was the heat. February 7 was cold in Washington but not in our bedroom.

• 7th Feb 2014

anywhere you stay, you have to have good people around. william penn house defently HAS that. you want people that are friendly and polite go to the william penn house. The overall enviroment is peaceful, positive. Its like you cant bring bad energy to this place. the enviroment is too positive and the reputation is state of the art. out of respect it reminds you of a place or atmospher like when U go 2 your grandparents. that enviroment you can make and call a home. i wish i coud write more :)

• 6th Jan 2014

Good place. Near the National Mall Area and Union Station. Friendly staffs. You may have serious problem to get into bathrooms when the place is full.

• 3rd Jan 2014
  • Vietnam

You can't lock your room and there are no safety boxes anywhere. But it's cheap and right next to the US Government, in a nice and quiet neighborhood.

• 2nd Jan 2014
  • Denmark

Thank you for leaving a review. It sounds like our staff forgot to tell you about the lockers, I apologize for that oversight. To clarify, we do offer guests lockers in the basement of the building. We are not able to have locks on the dorm doors due to safety issues and to comply with building codes, but the front door is always locked and we do allow guests to leave small bags in the office for safe keeping. I hope you chose stay with us at the William Penn House again!

Excellent center to meet people with similar intrests --- both the staff and guests.

• 12th Dec 2013
  • Sweden

This hostel is located in the best neighborhood I could have hoped for - very charming and walking distance to the Capitol. And the proximity to the subway stop, very good too. The house was sufficient to my needs, no more no less. It was very quiet. The bed was comfy and the blankets warm. I wish the lockers were bigger, and situated closer to where the rooms are.

Bed quite comfortable even tho just a bunk bed

It was a clean quiet place to stay.

• 17th Nov 2013

I like staying here, great location, interesting people. My only complaint was they put 4 of us in a 4 bed room when no one was staying in an 8 bed room. I understand the staff did not want to clean 2 rooms but it's always nice to have a little more room.

Quite too serious atmosphere. I like the historical value of the house.

• 26th Oct 2013
  • ellis8

A lovely experience overall. We stayed in the room for 10 women which really was a bit crowded- no place to put one's things. And although it had an attached bath it was difficult to get a turn in the morning. The showerhead is awful. But good folks and a beautiful house very close to everything with good bus connections.

• 23rd Oct 2013