William Penn House Reviews

515 East Capitol St SE, Washington DC, USA

they did not return the key deposit to me when i checked out, although this is not much money for me, but it made me feel uncomfortable.

• 22nd May 2014
  • China

We greatly apologize if you didn't receive your key deposit back! Often times guests leave a little too early before the office opens. We ask that guests bring their key back before the office closes at 9pm if they have such plans. In most cases however, we do prefer having our keys rather than your money. Please call us at (202)543-5560 if you'd like to talk more about finding away of making an exchange or feel free to email us at info@williampennhouse.org

Great location, helpful stuffs. Good value. I recommend this hostel.

• 16th May 2014
  • Thailand

The surrounding neighborhood is lovely. 10 minutes' walk to Capital Hill and 15 minutes' walk to central train station. The 4-bed female room I stayed doesn't have good ventilation and the weather was humid and hot that day. The bathroom is actually shared with a 10-bed room and it only has one sink and one shower. Though there are other bathrooms on the floor. I missed the breakfast since it is only served until 9am.... Didn't meet any young people there, no real hostel atmosphere to me

Unfortunately odd circulation patterns is a risk with an old house. We apologize that your stay was a little uncomfortable, but our AC is up and running and keeping the house cool now. There are bathrooms open to all guests on every floor except the fourth floor. We're sorry there weren't any young folks to speak with, we find it can depend on who is in the house and what time of the year it is for really good conversation. We hope you enjoyed your stay in DC and thank you for the review.

What I liked best about my stay was the staff. They were very nice, helpful, and friendly. The beds were comfortable enough, and the lodging met my needs for the few days I was in town. The cost was also reasonable, especially in an area where motels and hotels are extremely expensive. Thanks for a pleasant stay!

• 8th May 2014

Pleasantly surprised! The location was very near the mall and buses stopped right outside.

• 7th May 2014