William Penn House Reviews

515 East Capitol St SE, Washington DC, USA

absolutely fantastic walking distance to mall ,museums, memorials , nats ballpark and union station friendly helpful staff highly recommend the william penn house

• 3rd Apr 2014

I had a lovely time. After a whirlwind few days traveling in DC, it was the peaceful respite I needed. It was clean and tidy, and all the guests were respectful. There are lock boxes for any valuables or you can leave them in the locked office. I recommend bringing (or buying from the office) earplugs for any snorers. It is located about 15 min by foot from the metro in a residential area. The staff were so nice and helpful. Hope to return soon!

• 28th Mar 2014

Thank you for your hospitality. I would like to come back for my next time in DC.

• 17th Mar 2014
  • Japan

We really like the atmosphere at the WPH. It is a pleasant place to stay.

I stayed one night at the hostel, and spontaneously decided to stay a second one. The staff was very friendly and helpful and booked me an extra night. The community room is very inviting, and I made friends at the breakfast table (with whom I went on to discover the city that same day). Great area, and so close to the National Mall. Would come back any time!

• 14th Mar 2014

didn't feel very welcome when I checked in. I had to ask to be shown my room and bed assignment. Since this was my first visit to WP, I didn't know where or how this hostel was set up. would have been nice to have an extra blanket too.

• 1st Mar 2014