William Penn House Reviews

515 East Capitol St SE, Washington DC, USA

I stayed one night at the hostel, and spontaneously decided to stay a second one. The staff was very friendly and helpful and booked me an extra night. The community room is very inviting, and I made friends at the breakfast table (with whom I went on to discover the city that same day). Great area, and so close to the National Mall. Would come back any time!

• 14th Mar 2014

didn't feel very welcome when I checked in. I had to ask to be shown my room and bed assignment. Since this was my first visit to WP, I didn't know where or how this hostel was set up. would have been nice to have an extra blanket too.

• 1st Mar 2014

I appreciated the friendliness and security of William Penn House. Facilities are basic but clean. The only "problem" was the heat. February 7 was cold in Washington but not in our bedroom.

• 7th Feb 2014