Willow Bank Hotel Reviews

340 Wilmslow Road, Fallowfield, Manchester, England

1.There was no hair dryer in the room. Three different counter staff were asked at different times. each one promised a solution which did not happen. leaving a card for the cleaner seemed to work though! 2.We ordered a newspaper which was not delivered the receptionist who registered us took the order, then said sorry it was not entered on the system 3. The bathroom was tacky and in need of an upgrade. There was not enough water pressure to make the shower mechanism work properly .

• 12th Dec 2014

Didn't cost a lot to stay so didn't have high expectations however was disappointed by what I consider basic essentials. Is a shame the room and ensuite were so run down, dated and somewhat grubby as it was a nice size room. The shower was the worst ever I would describe as a dribble and the towels smelt like they had been in a greasy kitchen. From what I understand from other reviews our room no 25 was in the old non updated side of the hotel that certainly needs a makeover.

• 29th Nov 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Although the cost of the room was good and cheaper than Best Western website, the room was appalling with an old single bed. The room was tiny with a wooden partitioned wall to the next room so the noise level was poor. I am not sure why the hotel did not give a decent room as the hotel was half full. I think Hostelworld should be clear on their website that customers will be given sub standard rooms. I have used other websites and although single traveller had a double room.

• 28th Oct 2014
  • Wales

General decor a bit tired, though the bar was ok. We were there for a stag weekend on the cheap, so it felt like luxury to be in triple rooms rather than dormitories, for not TOO much extra per head. Room facilities basic but fine. Only gripe was that the shower attachment wouldn't stay in it's bracket on the wall. Well located for the Curry Mile. Wetherspoon pub virtually next door is a good option for breakfast (half the price of eating in the hotel), or McDonalds right next door

• 13th Sep 2014
  • Scotland

It's a nice hotel, I really can't complain about anything. The room was well equipped and the bed was one of the best I've slept on - a bonus after a hard night out (I was in Manchester for a stag/hen-do).

The room was in very poor condition with peeling wallpaper and the toilet leaked- we were given breakfast for free but disappointing.

• 5th Jul 2014