Willy Fogg Hostel Reviews

C/ Maldonado 977, Montevideo, Uruguay

Loved that place. Definitely coming back.

Hostel located in the center of the city, close to rambla, old city, bars, and a big supermarket. Big spaces to chill, nice staff and great terrace to hang out. Nices rooms upstairs. Allways sounds good music!!

• 27th Oct 2014
  • Portugal

Nice place to meet people. Good music and friendly staff!

• 10th Sep 2014
  • Spain

Incredible days at willy fogg hostel!! Really nice vibrations!

• 10th Sep 2014
  • Spain

All good! Nice place to meet people with a lot of common areas. Recommended!

• 1st Aug 2014
  • Colombia

They lost my socks and a couple other items so don't do laundry here. They didn't refund me and I still had to pay for my laundry. They didn't even apologise. The heat was out and the room was freezing. I think they ran out of gas? My friend had to change beds because water was dripping on her head. Other than that the location was good, vibe was okay, basic hostel. I ended up going to El viajero hostel, which was much better.

Just to say that my time in Willy Fog hostel was perfect!! Thanks to all the staff in there!!

• 21st Jul 2014
  • Spain

This hostel attracts a friendly crowd but is a bit neglected (broken toliet doors, smashed in lockers etc). Parts of the hostel are untidy as well, especially the outdoor area upstairs. The 10 bed dorm is cramped but the beds are comfortable. The location is good as it is only a 15 minute walk from the city´s main plaza. The staff are friendly and there is plenty of space in the hostel to chill. Showers are hot and the breakfast is cereal, bread and coffee. It´s fine for a few days.

The staff is helpful and kind, but the hostel is definetely dirty for what it charges for.

I've stayed at plenty of hostels and this was easily the worst. After 2 nights I moved somewhere else. And several other people I met from there also moved to different hostels.