Willy Fogg Hostel Reviews

C/ Maldonado 977, Montevideo, Uruguay

Everything was perfect!! Cool hostel, well located, friendly staff and great atmosphere. Go there!!

• 21st Jan 2015

This is the dirtiest hostel I have stayed in. Bathrooms consistently smell like feces. Common areas are run down and worn and the trash does not seem to be taken out consistently. Only one staff member speaks English and not helpful with advice. NONE of their bikes work. I had to help repair one for a fellow traveller but he ended up not taking it concerned it would break. The guitar has one string. I stayed two nights because other hostels were full and the location was good.

Okay hostel. Great to meet other travellers. Bed was terrible though.

Fun, colourful hostel. There's nice lounging areas and a rooftop terrace to hang out on. The rooms are spacious enough and have lockable cubbies. The staff are great and accommodating. The guy who cleans the bathroom works around the clock making sure things are clean. Breakfast is OK, and the kitchen could be better to cook in. All in all a great place to stay and I definitely recommend.

A great place for backpackers. The common places are huge and really nice to stay, the music played there always changes and is awesome, and the terrace is really nice. The rooms are a bit small and dark but everything else is super. I recommend it!

(This is just a heads up) Do NOT recomend this hostel. The place is nice. But after a 31h drive we arrived to a very different hostel that we saw on the pictures. The place is nice and the ppl are friendly but oh man, the rooms are SO dirty and the kitchen was filthy. If you plan to travel on a budget and stay in a bunk bed with a brown torn smelly matress that is the place for you. Otherwise you can go two blocks down the street and stay in a hotel for almost the same price. (My case) cheers!

• 24th Dec 2014

There wasn't hot water in the shower at 1 AM !!!

Hi hola,Shalom, Sorry about that,we use solar heater system at that day was raining and cloudy,that`s why. After that the staff told you that i've you wait 45 minutes you will have hot water,beacuse we turned on the power. Anyway thank you to let us now.

we only stayed in the hostel for a few days but we really liked it! the staff was very friendly and helped us book our next bus trip! as well the hostel was cheap and clean

I loved staying at Willy Fogg Hostel in Mobtevideo. Very nice and helpful staff and I woulçd recommend it to everybody!

Staff couldn't find me on the reservation I made online then tried to overcharge me as they didn't consider the deposit I paid through hostel world and then gave me an outdated dollar to peso exchange rate. Rooms were untidy with beds unmade from people who left a while ago. Anyone can walk in and out of the hostel/rooms with no one noticing. Don't know who works there and who doesn't. I also watched a baby sleeping on the sofa fall to the floor and start crying.

HI Tim SOrry for any inconvenience. We use cambio 18 like the official echange rates in uruguay. I've people pay for late check out it's normal to found beds unmade. That's a hostel and all the people who walk inside the hostel stay in the hostel,Even i've you don`t noe them, THe baby's is the son off Willy and was just sleeping,like all the 1 year old babys can't control himself,and also cry. I hope you will understend i've you became a father. thank you anyway willy

I love my days in Willy Fogg!! especially for Zion!

In general, my stay at the hostel was fun and comfortable, but there were two incidents as a result of understaffing and poor organization. First, we were told that our bed reservations might have been given away due to a failure of accurate documentation. Then on our second night, my bed was accidentally given to someone else. Luckily these questions were resolved without a problem. Despite the disorganized atmosphere, the hostel guests and staff are friendly and generous.

• 21st Nov 2014

happy hostel,really well located,nice friendly and helpfull staff,i will be there again.we miss you willy

Loved that place. Definitely coming back.

Hostel located in the center of the city, close to rambla, old city, bars, and a big supermarket. Big spaces to chill, nice staff and great terrace to hang out. Nices rooms upstairs. Allways sounds good music!!

• 27th Oct 2014
  • Portugal

Nice place to meet people. Good music and friendly staff!

• 10th Sep 2014
  • Spain

Incredible days at willy fogg hostel!! Really nice vibrations!

• 10th Sep 2014
  • Spain

All good! Nice place to meet people with a lot of common areas. Recommended!

• 1st Aug 2014