Willy Fogg Hostel Reviews

C/ Maldonado 977, Montevideo, Uruguay

I stayed for 2 nights, I can say the location is perfect, the atmosphere very chilled with a lot of areas to relax. The balcony is great too. Actually everything is fine but there are also bad things. 1. The toilet/shower. If you are a girl you won't have a big problem but I'm not and I think it's very unfair that the girls got the only 2 good toilets and shower and the other is mixed. Change one for men! 2. The power sockets, I had only 2 in my room and both were very close to other beds.

Semi weird hostel that needs serious remodeling. I had a short stay in Montevideo on a 5 country tour for my bday in South America. I didn't read any reviews because I was tired and the bus ride was miserable from the airport. Had to walk 10 blocks from where the bus let me off. Montevideo is mostly monotone and gloom. Cold when I was. The room I stayed in for $11.40 USD had 18 beds. Yes 18 beds. And even though I booked online with a card they required cash payment on arrival.

Awesome staff. Would recommend it to everybody

Slightly weird, chilled out gaff with nice relaxed atmosphere.

The hostel is nice enough, there are lots of toilets and showers, big TV etc. The checking in process seemed a little chaotic. There was no obvious way to turn off the air conditioning in the dorm, so it was left on 24/7. And the breakfast was a little disappointing, just toast and coffee

Did not find anything special about this place and left after one day for another hostel. Felt dirty throughout. No vibe at all.

Bohemian atmosphere and cool decoration in a great location!

• 14th Mar 2015

Too expensive for what it offers, kn the other hand, mvd its an expensive city. Cleaning needs to be improved, so is breakfast. Good atmosphere and location

quite nice location, but the house definitely needs a renovation. if youre looking for a really relaxed place where people wont care about your looks or what exactly you smoke, its the right place for you. if youre looking for a clean place to have a quiet night, youre wrong. the bathrooms were dirty all the time, the sheets had holes all over, the kitchen was stinky. the staff was rather uninterested with us, although some of the people were nice and tried to help.

Staff were cool, breakfast lacked, decent atmosphere, needs a very good clean

I banged a chick in the completely full 18 bed dorm. So did my buddy in the bed right beside me. It was hilarious .

Good for a one night stay. Great location!

Nice hostel, verry good staff, nice rooms and big kitchen. The showers are a bit bad but nothing that can change your mind. Inrealpy had a great time! Thak for yall

A great place to stay while in Colonia!

Everything was perfect!! Cool hostel, well located, friendly staff and great atmosphere. Go there!!

• 21st Jan 2015

This is the dirtiest hostel I have stayed in. Bathrooms consistently smell like feces. Common areas are run down and worn and the trash does not seem to be taken out consistently. Only one staff member speaks English and not helpful with advice. NONE of their bikes work. I had to help repair one for a fellow traveller but he ended up not taking it concerned it would break. The guitar has one string. I stayed two nights because other hostels were full and the location was good.

Okay hostel. Great to meet other travellers. Bed was terrible though.