Willy Fogg Hostel Reviews

C/ Maldonado 977, Montevideo, Uruguay

we only stayed in the hostel for a few days but we really liked it! the staff was very friendly and helped us book our next bus trip! as well the hostel was cheap and clean

• 5th Dec 2014

I loved staying at Willy Fogg Hostel in Mobtevideo. Very nice and helpful staff and I woulçd recommend it to everybody!

Staff couldn't find me on the reservation I made online then tried to overcharge me as they didn't consider the deposit I paid through hostel world and then gave me an outdated dollar to peso exchange rate. Rooms were untidy with beds unmade from people who left a while ago. Anyone can walk in and out of the hostel/rooms with no one noticing. Don't know who works there and who doesn't. I also watched a baby sleeping on the sofa fall to the floor and start crying.

I love my days in Willy Fogg!! especially for Zion!

In general, my stay at the hostel was fun and comfortable, but there were two incidents as a result of understaffing and poor organization. First, we were told that our bed reservations might have been given away due to a failure of accurate documentation. Then on our second night, my bed was accidentally given to someone else. Luckily these questions were resolved without a problem. Despite the disorganized atmosphere, the hostel guests and staff are friendly and generous.

• 21st Nov 2014

happy hostel,really well located,nice friendly and helpfull staff,i will be there again.we miss you willy

Loved that place. Definitely coming back.

Hostel located in the center of the city, close to rambla, old city, bars, and a big supermarket. Big spaces to chill, nice staff and great terrace to hang out. Nices rooms upstairs. Allways sounds good music!!

• 27th Oct 2014
  • Portugal

Nice place to meet people. Good music and friendly staff!

• 10th Sep 2014
  • Spain

Incredible days at willy fogg hostel!! Really nice vibrations!

• 10th Sep 2014
  • Spain

All good! Nice place to meet people with a lot of common areas. Recommended!

• 1st Aug 2014
  • Colombia

They lost my socks and a couple other items so don't do laundry here. They didn't refund me and I still had to pay for my laundry. They didn't even apologise. The heat was out and the room was freezing. I think they ran out of gas? My friend had to change beds because water was dripping on her head. Other than that the location was good, vibe was okay, basic hostel. I ended up going to El viajero hostel, which was much better.

Just to say that my time in Willy Fog hostel was perfect!! Thanks to all the staff in there!!

• 21st Jul 2014
  • Spain

This hostel attracts a friendly crowd but is a bit neglected (broken toliet doors, smashed in lockers etc). Parts of the hostel are untidy as well, especially the outdoor area upstairs. The 10 bed dorm is cramped but the beds are comfortable. The location is good as it is only a 15 minute walk from the city´s main plaza. The staff are friendly and there is plenty of space in the hostel to chill. Showers are hot and the breakfast is cereal, bread and coffee. It´s fine for a few days.