Willy Fogg Hostel Reviews

C/ Maldonado 977, Montevideo, Uruguay

Just to say that my time in Willy Fog hostel was perfect!! Thanks to all the staff in there!!

• 21st Jul 2014
  • Spain

This hostel attracts a friendly crowd but is a bit neglected (broken toliet doors, smashed in lockers etc). Parts of the hostel are untidy as well, especially the outdoor area upstairs. The 10 bed dorm is cramped but the beds are comfortable. The location is good as it is only a 15 minute walk from the city´s main plaza. The staff are friendly and there is plenty of space in the hostel to chill. Showers are hot and the breakfast is cereal, bread and coffee. It´s fine for a few days.

The staff is helpful and kind, but the hostel is definetely dirty for what it charges for.

I've stayed at plenty of hostels and this was easily the worst. After 2 nights I moved somewhere else. And several other people I met from there also moved to different hostels.

Willy Fog Hostel is kind of a hippie hostel. I really felt safe there and we met a lot of nice people but the 10 bed dorm was kind of disgusting. it had a fusty smell and it was molded. As we had only one night there i was glad that i didnt have to take a shower essentially. the breakfast was nice.

Very good place to stay, met super friendly people!! Excelenteee!!

• 9th May 2014
  • Spain

A welcoming place, the customer support is excellent. As for breakfast is complete, really glad to visit Montevideo by staying at this hostel. It exudes tranquility the area is very discreet and many accesses to visit the city. In short it is a clean home and look forward to returning again.

• 8th May 2014
  • Spain

+ price ok + friendly staff - bathroom really dirty, - rooms are not comfortable, no space at all - very loud during the night - kitchen not well equiped (f.e. no oil)

"Stay away" I have been traveling for 6 months, and the only place worse where I have stayed was made of Salt blocks in Bolivia. The hostel is in a great location and has potential, unfortunately no one cares about the experience of the guests. The rooms smell, there is mold on the ceiling in the bathroom and the kitchen is inexcusably gross. I was there2 nights and 3 people left to find other accommodations. There is no attention paid to you by the staff, unless you are friend if the hostel wor

• 28th Apr 2014

Central location, cheap bike rental, dulce de leche for breakfast. Super helpful staff and Discovery Channel in Spanish. 10/10 only after they invest a bit in the kitchen gear. But this does change for better as new spoons were provided:)

Willy fogg Hostelis is an excellent place to stay the people are great the staff was amazing they helped out no matter what, never too busy to do something for a client.the place is set up so that whatever you are interested in, there's a room , or a place for like minded individuals.me I like the fresh air and kick back mellow type people ,so I spent most of my time up on the roof when I get back into Montevideo I am definitely staying at Willy fogg...thanks guys ,you are the best......

• 14th Apr 2014

Nice place not far from city center.

Bedrooms smelling and dirty, no locker, no plugin to charge your mobile. Breakfast not enough for everybody. The place could be great, but messy and dirty. I don't recommend this place even for one night.

Great hostel. Helpful staff who were willing to help. Nice place to relax had a good chill out area. Would recommend to others.

I stayed here in mid February and had no problem meeting people. The staff was incredibly helpful with directions. Good showers! Lots of space in the kitchen to use facilities and had an awesome time here overall. Met people i ended up travelling with throughout Uruguay! Thanks for an amazing stay Willy Fogg!

The structure conditions of the hostel are very old. The lockers did not work very well.. much of them was broken. The administration also is problematic. I and my boyfriend were changed of bedrooms because of the lack of planning of the hostel... there is a good woman working to clean the building every day, but there was mold in the ceilling that fell on the bedroom my boyfriend was... also, twice I found people in my bed cause the hostel did not know that bed was occupied...

Good Hostel, nice staff!

Was the best Hostel which i have stayed, because the atmosphere is amazing. In this hostel the traveleres can felt like was in home, it's a good place to stay if you are traveling alone, because the hostel easy the conection between the persons. I really don't know how to explain, just go to there and stay at least 2 nights.