Willy Fogg Hostel Reviews

C/ Maldonado 977, Montevideo, Uruguay

Bathrooms were so dirty. There was no way of talking about hot water. Even the cold water was so cold; let alone your whole body, you were hardly able to wash you hands. I wasn't able to take a shower for 2 days. Only good part of the hostel was its location and you were able to rent a bike. But I believe you can definitely find a cleaner hostel with the same advantages of this one. Also no one was able to speak English properly, even the receptionists were hardly able to communicate with you.

I stayed for 2 nights, I can say the location is perfect, the atmosphere very chilled with a lot of areas to relax. The balcony is great too. Actually everything is fine but there are also bad things. 1. The toilet/shower. If you are a girl you won't have a big problem but I'm not and I think it's very unfair that the girls got the only 2 good toilets and shower and the other is mixed. Change one for men! 2. The power sockets, I had only 2 in my room and both were very close to other beds.

Semi weird hostel that needs serious remodeling. I had a short stay in Montevideo on a 5 country tour for my bday in South America. I didn't read any reviews because I was tired and the bus ride was miserable from the airport. Had to walk 10 blocks from where the bus let me off. Montevideo is mostly monotone and gloom. Cold when I was. The room I stayed in for $11.40 USD had 18 beds. Yes 18 beds. And even though I booked online with a card they required cash payment on arrival.

Awesome staff. Would recommend it to everybody

Slightly weird, chilled out gaff with nice relaxed atmosphere.

The hostel is nice enough, there are lots of toilets and showers, big TV etc. The checking in process seemed a little chaotic. There was no obvious way to turn off the air conditioning in the dorm, so it was left on 24/7. And the breakfast was a little disappointing, just toast and coffee

Did not find anything special about this place and left after one day for another hostel. Felt dirty throughout. No vibe at all.

Bohemian atmosphere and cool decoration in a great location!

• 14th Mar 2015