Willy Wallace Hostel Reviews

77 Murray Place, Stirling, Scotland

At first I didn't realize the hostel entrance and my first impression was rather bad. However the room is reasonable and the common area has a nice atmosphere. The stuff is friendly and overall I felt welcome. Would recommend it!

Had a lot of fun hanging out here for the weekend. Staff are super friendly, kitchen is great and showers/toilets are solid. Only complaint is the beds are a little uncomfortable. Would recommend.

• 21st Nov 2014

Dear A, Thank you for your great comment! Happy to hear you enjoyed your time at the hostel! We're literally in the process of changing beds around the hostel to make sure guests are sleeping on clouds. This allows me to encourage any guests who would feel uncomfortable to tell the staff so we can try to find a solution and keep everyone happy! Hope to see you again. Kind Regards, The Willy Wallace team

Had a lovely stay, staff were very helpful and let us leave our bags for a few hours on our departure day which was massively appreciated. Room was great, more comfortable than most other hostel's we've stayed (we had the double room) really comfortable bed and was nice to overlook the street. Lounge and kitchen facilities also brilliant.

• 15th Nov 2014

The staff were excellent. Told me how to get around everywhere. Since I don't like tea and coffee I was also treated to Hot chocolate instead! More hostels need to do that. The location is prefect. Everything you need is right there. I would definitely stay here again!

The staff is really cool and the hostel is close to the train station.

Great location and nice place, really easy to get to and get around from. Really nice an big kitchen. Nice lounge area too, very comfortable. I stayed in a dorm which was basic but clean. I would stay here again.

The staff were very helpful

• 13th Oct 2014

Nice and friendly staff. Nice lounge and a clean kitchen. Good order in the kitchen :)

Great location - right near the train station and walking distance from the castle. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Only minor complaint is that the WiFi didn't reach the third floor very well so it was hard to use from my room, but it worked perfectly fine in the living area, so not really that big of a deal.

• 5th Oct 2014

+ The hostel provide a great kitchen with a big fridge and a lot of space where it's possible to prepare your own food. Nice and clean as the staff were taking care of the cleaning carefully every day. 5 minute walk from the train and bus station. - A little cold in the dorm.

Staff were very helpful, thank you!

Warm welcome, comfy beds, clean bathroom/ toilet, nice chill-out area and perfect location in Stirling! Definitely worth your money!!

• 24th Sep 2014

Lovely location and very warm welch by the staff - very good hostel for backpackers

• 14th Sep 2014
  • Iraq

Great Atmosphere, very clean!

Great location and friendly staff!

Everything was good, but the staff were about as much aware about the surroundings as I was, and for me it was the first time ever in Stirling!

Nice Hostel, Good Position. The only problem is the number of bathrooms.

Willy Wallace hostel is a very nice and good place to stay. It's very central in the city, close to all the shops, cafes, shopping center, church, castle etc. The staff was very nice and helpful, the room and beds were fine. The showers and toilets worked fine, and were clean. The kitchen was nice too, though your food can magically disappear even though you put a label on them. There was free wifi and a computer available. All in all it was a great hostel.

• 15th Aug 2014
  • Denmark

Fantastic location! Very short walk from the train station. Everything was clean and the kitchen was good. The staff were also wonderful! Has a great atmosphere. I would definitely stay here again.

The atmosphere was really nice, it was great to have the living room for cooking and haaving a good time. People were nice and the music was always appropriate (quite morning an d cheerfull evening !) Bed were not too comfy but the big dormitory was nice and well arranged with a couch, lot of shelfs and room for all.