Willy Wallace Hostel Reviews

77 Murray Place, Stirling, Scotland

Lovely location and very warm welch by the staff - very good hostel for backpackers

• 14th Sep 2014
  • Iraq

Great Atmosphere, very clean!

Great location and friendly staff!

Everything was good, but the staff were about as much aware about the surroundings as I was, and for me it was the first time ever in Stirling!

• 27th Aug 2014
  • Finland

Nice Hostel, Good Position. The only problem is the number of bathrooms.

Willy Wallace hostel is a very nice and good place to stay. It's very central in the city, close to all the shops, cafes, shopping center, church, castle etc. The staff was very nice and helpful, the room and beds were fine. The showers and toilets worked fine, and were clean. The kitchen was nice too, though your food can magically disappear even though you put a label on them. There was free wifi and a computer available. All in all it was a great hostel.

• 15th Aug 2014
  • Denmark

Fantastic location! Very short walk from the train station. Everything was clean and the kitchen was good. The staff were also wonderful! Has a great atmosphere. I would definitely stay here again.

The atmosphere was really nice, it was great to have the living room for cooking and haaving a good time. People were nice and the music was always appropriate (quite morning an d cheerfull evening !) Bed were not too comfy but the big dormitory was nice and well arranged with a couch, lot of shelfs and room for all.

Perfect hostel. Perfect staff.

The hostel is in a great location. The staffs at the hostel are very friendly. There's a bicycle parking space. The WiFi was a bit unreliable but hey why would you go on Facebook whilst on holiday?. 10/10 would stay there again.

• 23rd Jul 2014
  • Thailand

Good hostel, a very chilled-out atmosphere. What made it such a great stay though was the AMAZING staff. Very friendly and easy to talk to.

Very friendly staff and full of good information. Thx!

• 19th Jul 2014

Had trouble with toilet (water tank empty for some reason), and i guess other than us (2 female) the whole dormitory room was full of men who just got back from hiking, as the air was thick of the smell of sweat. Also, window could not be left open - on the street there was action going on (party place nearby?) although it was just tuesday. On positive side, common room and kitchen were just lovely, so was the staff!

Bit of a quieter atmosphere which was fine for me because that's what I was looking for. Good showers and my room even though it was an 8 dorm, was really good, plenty of space. Real mattresses not thin foam ones! Little bit on the pricy side though.

A nice hostel, excellent location about a one minute walk to the train station in Stirling. All pubs and restaurants worth going to are in easy walking distance, too. I stayed in the 18 bed dorm. Bed was comfortable and clean. It was about half full on both nights so I didn't ever feel "over crowded". There are security codes for the main door and bedroom doers, instead of keys/cards, so it was quite safe. Kitchen is a decent size, and there was a nice mix of people in the common room.

• 7th Jul 2014

We really liked our stay at the Willy Wallace hostel. The location was great, the staff was very friendly and even offered us another room since there was a snoring American in ours. The kitchen facilities were good and the toilets and showers were quite clean. We liked the atmosphere in the hostel and loved Stirling.

The Staff are pleasant and professional, very helpful and great to chat with. The room was nice and clean, with good spacing between beds so even when full it doesn't feel crowded. Kitchen has a really pleasant layout and well set for cooking.

• 4th Jul 2014

Willy Wallace Hostel was the best hostel I stayed in all my trip around Scotland. First of all, the staff! They were young guys full of energy and really kind! My first night there, i had a problem with my booking and they helped me a lot searching a bed to stay when it was all fully booked. I could go for a walk with two staff members (an Italian guy and a Dutch guy) and they showed me around Stirling. We walked up the castle. The views were really nice. I totally suggest this hostel!

Dear J, Thank you for your comment. We are always here to help and make sure ALL the guests are happy once here. We will def remember you as well as how good we spent time together! Your message has been passed to the penguin and to the cow. Kind Regards, The Wily Wallace Team

You get way overcharged for 18 person dorms. But the common room is decent and the kitchen is good, I guess.

Dear M, Thank you for your comment. During the Bannockburn fest, rates were higher indeed. Still, you chose to book knowing the price and knew what to expect. You're guessing very well about the kitchen and the common room. Hope your enjoying Scotland. Kind Regards, The Willy Wallace Team

Nice friendly hostel. Everything I needed was available, there was plenty of space in the room and the hostel was clean.