Willy Wallace Hostel Reviews

77 Murray Place, Stirling, Scotland

Hostel in a good location, decor and quality of fittings is quite basic although adequate for it's purpose for example the bunk beds are made out of wood used for fencing. No lockers in the room although I believe you can leave valuables at reception. The staff were nice and helpful, place was clean enough although not sparkling by any means. There was an electricity junction box next to my bed literally inches away from where my head was parked, I'm sure it's safe enough.

• 19th Apr 2014
  • Scotland

Very friendly and helpful staff. Excellent cooking facilities and comfortable beds.

• 26th Mar 2014
  • Scotland

Dear R, Thank you for your comment. We'll keep a space for you and your bike next time you'll come back. Kind Regards, The Willy Wallace Team.

Extremely cozy and peaceful !

Sear S, Thank you for your comment! This is actually the Willy Wallace explained in 2 words: "Cozy and Peaceful"! See you next time. Regards, The Willy Wallace Team

Loved it! Been there for just one night during a one month trip around UK. Staff was great, rooms alright and toilets very clean. Quite a big kitchen, a lovely common room and nearby pubs.

I have stayed here a couple of times and have really enjoyed it. The staff are friendly and helpful, the beds are comfy, and it is spotlessly clean...what more could you ask for?! The only possible issue is that there can be quite a lot of noise from the street as the hostel is right in the town centre, but it's nothing a pair of earplugs can't solve! I'd definitely recommend staying here.

• 11th Mar 2014
  • Scotland

Dear R, Thank you for your comment. Thank you for recommending us! We can as well and indeed provide earplugs to any guests in need of some. Alternatively, you can also ask any of the staff to sing a lullaby. Regards, The Willy Wallace Team.

I really liked the warm end welcoming atmosphere in the 'livingroom' with the staff and other guests :)

Dear N, Thank you for your comment. We hope you're enjoying the rest of your trip as much as we enjoyed having you. YOur Willy Wallace HOstel TEam!

great hostel, great location. cheers guys

Dear A, Thank you for your comment! It was nice having you! Kindest/Warmest/Amazing Regards, Your Willy Wallace Freedom Team

I've been there once by myself for 2 nights and I came back 1 month after with my mate. Had so much fun the 2 times. Excellent staff, very friendly. Great location. Laundry facilities, large and spacious dorm. No large lockers though and people on the street use to chill in front of the entrance. But, it's a very good place!!

Was very noisy on a couple of nights during my stay. Very loud music playing till around 4-5am on a weeknight, not even a weekend.

• 21st Jan 2014

Of my whole trip, this was by far my favourite hostel. I've never been to one as welcoming & homely as this one! It was a lovely, inclusive experience with a living room that is cosier than mine at home :) Was great to sit around with everyone in there watching DVDs in the eveing after a busy day :) Full of character, very friendly & helpful staff - I would certainly go back at the drop of a hat!

• 29th Dec 2013

Security was great, it was nice not having a key to carry around only downside was no lockers in rooms although there were small lockers downstairs and they were willing to hold bags for free. Location can't be beat, right in the centre of town. Perfect for visiting the castle or a night out,

Fair warning about the stairs, a few flights of them and having giant bags to take up was not so good, having stayed over the weekend there was a lot of noise from the street below but I guess that's a bit of a given.

• 19th Dec 2013

This was a nice quiet hostel, well located less than 5min from the train station and the centre of town. The room was comfortable and the bathrooms were quite clean and spacious. The wifi didn't reach our room very well but was good in the common areas. Kitchen was well equipped and common room was cozy. The guy who checked us in seemed a bit clueless, but overall the staff were friendly and helpful. No lockers in the rooms, but with so few guests at this time it wasn't really an issue.

Comfortable. Friendly, homely, warm. Dorm too warm, radiator stuck on!! Showers good. Spacious.

• 24th Nov 2013

staff made an effort, done well!