Willy Wallace Hostel Reviews

77 Murray Place, Stirling, Scotland

The wifi was a bit spotty - it would drop out for a few minutes before coming back.

Good value hostel in central location.

An absolutely charming hostel with helpful and engaging staff. The atmosphere is difficult to describe, because there are families with young children, as well as older couples traveling, as well as backpackers drinking every night in the common room. I truly enjoyed all of my time here, and if I'm ever in the area again, I will stay at Willy Wallace's. It's about 5 minutes from the train/bus station, and right on the Main Street of town.

I had very good time in the hostel, the tree boys and chine girl were very friendly and kind with me, I recommend this hostel because is really nice. Thanks a lot for your help 😊😊😊

I have stayed in William Wallace Hostel before , it is a really nice and friendly Hostel . The Staff are very friendly and helpful, very comfy Beds and Room 1 is nice and big for 18 guests. I think it's the Best Room in the Hostel , enough space for everyone. Thanks to all the stay for making my stay so nice once again.

Felt just like home, very comfortable, welcoming and clean.

• 8th Aug 2015

EXPECTATIONS - this is a budget hostel and a heap cheaper than all other hostels in glasgow. because of this it might not be all that amazing but it has all the essentials. wifi, hot shower, clean and decent bed, kitchen etc. people who are leaving super negative reviews need to get over the small things. great value for money and in a perfect location (between the west end and city centre, right near kelvingrove park)

Everything good! Only thing needed is better shades for windows!

I was very impressed , I have traveled in many different countries ,so I have a bit experience. Very nice and helpful staff,wish I had more time to stay ,but will definitely return,

• 31st Jul 2015
  • Scotland

Absolutely fantastic hostel with amazing staff. Very comfortable and cool hostel. Would definitely recommend and I'll be back!

This was a very nice hostel. It was central, the staff were nice, and it was kept very clean. There were no lockers in the room to keep your stuff in though.

Very convenient located hostel with a lot of cooking possibilities and a man with a beard who will tell you everything you need to know.

• 18th Jul 2015

Friendly and helpful staff, great atmosphere for hanging out.

The staff was awesome! They were extremely helpful, fun and inclusive! Very laid back atmosphere and so easy to find. Had a great time and would highly recommend.

'only hostel in Sterling' had me worried...but they are doing it right

Nice hostel to stay at in Stirling. The staff know what they're doing and they're friendly.

The staff are what makes this hostel great, very helpful, friendly and funny! Loved the newspaper clippings in the kitchen. The hostel is quite peaceful and well decorated. I will stay here again next time I'm in Stirling.

Amazing location, right outside the rail station. Staff members were also very helpful and willing to communicate, though at times it sometimes could be hard to distinguish between staff and visitors. The atmosphere was relaxing and quiet during my stay. My only complaint would be the strength of the wifi connection, it is hard to get on the room floor.

WIFI only works in common room so everyone has to gather together haha. Kitchen is well equipped and clean.The short hair girl staff is really nice but the guy was rude when I asked about the wifi availability in room by replying"sometimes the wifi can't go up,you get what you paid for"We stayed in a private room and it is not particularly cheap for the price.The WIFI NEVER work except in common room which did not state in their facilities. Anyway nice staff are always a nice touch to a hostel.

The staff was very friendly and gave us good tips to visit Stirling and the surroundings, plus good places to go out  The kitchen and commons areas were friendly. The room was nice, we really enjoyed our one night stay with a good sleep.