Willy Wallace Hostel Reviews

77 Murray Place, Stirling, Scotland

Very handy for station and town centre. The hostel was very quiet the night I stayed (only person in dorm) and place had been fairly recently repainted so looking good in its bright colours. Long climb up stairs to dormitory, especially if you have a lot of baggage! Was very grateful to staff for their help in carrying my suitcase up.

• 16th Mar 2015
  • Scotland

It seemed like everyone staying there lived there. This made it feel like we were staying in someone's home. But in an uncomfortable way. It was hard to work out who was staff and who was living there. Maybe make a staff board with pictures so guests can see who's who? Got 'upgraded' from a 10 dorm to a 6 which was full and cramped the whole time. The front desk staff were helpful and friendly. Washing machine not working so they have an overnight service. Not great if u have minimal clothes.

Great location. Needs lockers in the room though!

At first I didn't realize the hostel entrance and my first impression was rather bad. However the room is reasonable and the common area has a nice atmosphere. The stuff is friendly and overall I felt welcome. Would recommend it!

Had a lot of fun hanging out here for the weekend. Staff are super friendly, kitchen is great and showers/toilets are solid. Only complaint is the beds are a little uncomfortable. Would recommend.

• 21st Nov 2014

Dear A, Thank you for your great comment! Happy to hear you enjoyed your time at the hostel! We're literally in the process of changing beds around the hostel to make sure guests are sleeping on clouds. This allows me to encourage any guests who would feel uncomfortable to tell the staff so we can try to find a solution and keep everyone happy! Hope to see you again. Kind Regards, The Willy Wallace team

Had a lovely stay, staff were very helpful and let us leave our bags for a few hours on our departure day which was massively appreciated. Room was great, more comfortable than most other hostel's we've stayed (we had the double room) really comfortable bed and was nice to overlook the street. Lounge and kitchen facilities also brilliant.

• 15th Nov 2014

The staff were excellent. Told me how to get around everywhere. Since I don't like tea and coffee I was also treated to Hot chocolate instead! More hostels need to do that. The location is prefect. Everything you need is right there. I would definitely stay here again!

The staff is really cool and the hostel is close to the train station.

Great location and nice place, really easy to get to and get around from. Really nice an big kitchen. Nice lounge area too, very comfortable. I stayed in a dorm which was basic but clean. I would stay here again.

The staff were very helpful

• 13th Oct 2014

Nice and friendly staff. Nice lounge and a clean kitchen. Good order in the kitchen :)

Great location - right near the train station and walking distance from the castle. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Only minor complaint is that the WiFi didn't reach the third floor very well so it was hard to use from my room, but it worked perfectly fine in the living area, so not really that big of a deal.

• 5th Oct 2014

+ The hostel provide a great kitchen with a big fridge and a lot of space where it's possible to prepare your own food. Nice and clean as the staff were taking care of the cleaning carefully every day. 5 minute walk from the train and bus station. - A little cold in the dorm.

Staff were very helpful, thank you!