Willy Wallace Hostel Reviews

77 Murray Place, Stirling, Scotland

The atmosphere was really nice, it was great to have the living room for cooking and haaving a good time. People were nice and the music was always appropriate (quite morning an d cheerfull evening !) Bed were not too comfy but the big dormitory was nice and well arranged with a couch, lot of shelfs and room for all.

Perfect hostel. Perfect staff.

The hostel is in a great location. The staffs at the hostel are very friendly. There's a bicycle parking space. The WiFi was a bit unreliable but hey why would you go on Facebook whilst on holiday?. 10/10 would stay there again.

• 23rd Jul 2014
  • Thailand

Good hostel, a very chilled-out atmosphere. What made it such a great stay though was the AMAZING staff. Very friendly and easy to talk to.

Very friendly staff and full of good information. Thx!

• 19th Jul 2014

Had trouble with toilet (water tank empty for some reason), and i guess other than us (2 female) the whole dormitory room was full of men who just got back from hiking, as the air was thick of the smell of sweat. Also, window could not be left open - on the street there was action going on (party place nearby?) although it was just tuesday. On positive side, common room and kitchen were just lovely, so was the staff!

Bit of a quieter atmosphere which was fine for me because that's what I was looking for. Good showers and my room even though it was an 8 dorm, was really good, plenty of space. Real mattresses not thin foam ones! Little bit on the pricy side though.

A nice hostel, excellent location about a one minute walk to the train station in Stirling. All pubs and restaurants worth going to are in easy walking distance, too. I stayed in the 18 bed dorm. Bed was comfortable and clean. It was about half full on both nights so I didn't ever feel "over crowded". There are security codes for the main door and bedroom doers, instead of keys/cards, so it was quite safe. Kitchen is a decent size, and there was a nice mix of people in the common room.

• 7th Jul 2014

We really liked our stay at the Willy Wallace hostel. The location was great, the staff was very friendly and even offered us another room since there was a snoring American in ours. The kitchen facilities were good and the toilets and showers were quite clean. We liked the atmosphere in the hostel and loved Stirling.

The Staff are pleasant and professional, very helpful and great to chat with. The room was nice and clean, with good spacing between beds so even when full it doesn't feel crowded. Kitchen has a really pleasant layout and well set for cooking.

• 4th Jul 2014

Willy Wallace Hostel was the best hostel I stayed in all my trip around Scotland. First of all, the staff! They were young guys full of energy and really kind! My first night there, i had a problem with my booking and they helped me a lot searching a bed to stay when it was all fully booked. I could go for a walk with two staff members (an Italian guy and a Dutch guy) and they showed me around Stirling. We walked up the castle. The views were really nice. I totally suggest this hostel!

Dear J, Thank you for your comment. We are always here to help and make sure ALL the guests are happy once here. We will def remember you as well as how good we spent time together! Your message has been passed to the penguin and to the cow. Kind Regards, The Wily Wallace Team

You get way overcharged for 18 person dorms. But the common room is decent and the kitchen is good, I guess.

Dear M, Thank you for your comment. During the Bannockburn fest, rates were higher indeed. Still, you chose to book knowing the price and knew what to expect. You're guessing very well about the kitchen and the common room. Hope your enjoying Scotland. Kind Regards, The Willy Wallace Team

Nice friendly hostel. Everything I needed was available, there was plenty of space in the room and the hostel was clean.

Great place to stay and visit the castle, which is near, and the Wallace Monument. They also have a wii and games to play, books and many movies which can be useful if outside is pouring rain! :)

Dear V, Thank you for your comment. What do you mean by "pouring rain"? There is no such thing as rain in Scotland :) Hope to see you some other day! Kind Regards, The Willy Wallace Team

I was in this hostel with my cousin during three nights, and we loved our stay ! Everybody is very welcoming, funny and they try to find, spiritedly, ideas to improve the hostel. We spent a very nice time here.

• 4th Jun 2014

Dear M, Thank you for your nice comment. This is our best reward! It was nice having you, and we hope to share a pint with you at the Settle Inn before 2015! Regards, The Willy Wallace Team

Been going to Willy Wallace Hostel for 3 years now! Lovely friendly staff and they keep the hostel sparkling and clean. Situated in the centre of Stirling its handy for (May) Scribblers Picnic - for those of you who haven't heard of it - its a bunch of musicians who raise money for cancer charities - concerts all day! Fantastic! Then you have Stirling Castle and the Wallace Monument and so much more. Love Stirling!

• 9th May 2014
  • Scotland

I really enjoyed my stay at The Willy Wallace hostel. Only one night there, but I wish I had stayed for two. The stay were very friendly and accommodating. Breakfast not included, but that was ok. Tea and coffee available in the kitchen. It just a nice town to be in and I appreciated the friendliness of the staff.

Very nice hostel with family atmosphere near to bus and railway station.

Hostel in a good location, decor and quality of fittings is quite basic although adequate for it's purpose for example the bunk beds are made out of wood used for fencing. No lockers in the room although I believe you can leave valuables at reception. The staff were nice and helpful, place was clean enough although not sparkling by any means. There was an electricity junction box next to my bed literally inches away from where my head was parked, I'm sure it's safe enough.

Dear A, Thank you for your comment. Beds are indeed made of wooden wood. Lockers are on their way as well, guests are more than welcome to leave their valuables at reception meanwhile. We do have few rooms with fuse boxes, thanks God you're in safe hands. Easter was a busy period and we're happy to see you're enjoyed it. You're more than welcome to come back anytime. Kind Regards, The Willy Wallace Team.

I recommend staying at the Willy Wallace hostel. It looks a little run down and its not the cheapest in town but its awesome. All the staff live there, and are super nice, helpful, and genuine. It has a super European feel and it seemed like it was what hostels are supposed to be like.