Willy Wallace Hostel Reviews

77 Murray Place, Stirling, Scotland

The staff are what makes this hostel great, very helpful, friendly and funny! Loved the newspaper clippings in the kitchen. The hostel is quite peaceful and well decorated. I will stay here again next time I'm in Stirling.

Amazing location, right outside the rail station. Staff members were also very helpful and willing to communicate, though at times it sometimes could be hard to distinguish between staff and visitors. The atmosphere was relaxing and quiet during my stay. My only complaint would be the strength of the wifi connection, it is hard to get on the room floor.

WIFI only works in common room so everyone has to gather together haha. Kitchen is well equipped and clean.The short hair girl staff is really nice but the guy was rude when I asked about the wifi availability in room by replying"sometimes the wifi can't go up,you get what you paid for"We stayed in a private room and it is not particularly cheap for the price.The WIFI NEVER work except in common room which did not state in their facilities. Anyway nice staff are always a nice touch to a hostel.

The staff was very friendly and gave us good tips to visit Stirling and the surroundings, plus good places to go out  The kitchen and commons areas were friendly. The room was nice, we really enjoyed our one night stay with a good sleep.

We stayed in the family room with four single beds. The room was OK and clean, but the bathroom was so-so, there were no towels, but I suppose you could rent them. We had our own. The public space on the second floor was OK as well. Nothing special, but totally OK. The best thing about this place is the location - can't beat that I think.

The staff is simply Amazing! Led by a compitant Frenchman, this staff gets the job done and makes you feel you are family. Last night we all went out and got completely... Well it was fun! I am very pleased with my experience.

All fine. Rooms are more on the large side. If you are by car: parking space not very near and you have to pay. Other hostel near castle (free parking) might be a better option.

Really liked the place/decoration and very conveniently located. Friendly staff!

Great hostel - wonderful atmosphere, great kitchen, excellent location, nice large rooms, secure & clean. Only problem was a cold shower.

I only stayed for one night, but I found the hostel to really cute and nicely decorated. The staff was extremely friendly, although I agree with a previous reviewer that it was a bit difficult to tell who was staff and who was working there. Beds were not very comfortable, but for one night in Stirling it was just what I needed.

Very handy for station and town centre. The hostel was very quiet the night I stayed (only person in dorm) and place had been fairly recently repainted so looking good in its bright colours. Long climb up stairs to dormitory, especially if you have a lot of baggage! Was very grateful to staff for their help in carrying my suitcase up.

• 16th Mar 2015
  • Scotland

It seemed like everyone staying there lived there. This made it feel like we were staying in someone's home. But in an uncomfortable way. It was hard to work out who was staff and who was living there. Maybe make a staff board with pictures so guests can see who's who? Got 'upgraded' from a 10 dorm to a 6 which was full and cramped the whole time. The front desk staff were helpful and friendly. Washing machine not working so they have an overnight service. Not great if u have minimal clothes.