Fabulous 776 Total Reviews
Fabulous 776 Total Reviews
Willy Wallace Hostel Located at 77 Murray Place, , Stirling.
Scotland
Stirling FK8 1AU 77 Murray Place
89% 776
56.1195652 -3.9375900
    Rooms available

• England, Male, 18-24
18th Sep 2016

Perfect location with the train station 3 minutes walk away and a shopping mall 2 minutes walk with everything you'll need, although the street can be quite loud. The staff are friendly and easy to talk to. Beds were very comfy, as were the huge sofa's in the lounge. There is 1 small locker for each bunk bed, which isn't ideal. The lounge is large but cosy with a Guitar and Piano available to play whenever you want. All in all, a nice hub from which to explore Stirling. I would stay here again!

12th Sep 2016

Friendly staff for the most part. 18 people is a lot for one room, but surprisingly it didn't smell like it. Town is noisy, but hostel was quite quiet. No where to make a private phone call, but plenty of people to chat with in the cozy living room. Clean kitchen.

• USA, Male, 25-30
8th Sep 2016

The good, I enjoyed my stay at Willy Wallace. The location was close to the bus and train stations in the middle of city center. The warning, there is little to no security in the building. The door to my room didn't close and with no locking facilities to lock up my case I had to leave everything out. There was also no internet in my room, I had to use the internet in the lounge. Overall a good value.

Dear guest, Thanks for telling us your experience. I can see you mostly liked your stay, and I'm happy to read it. Since yesterday, there is a wifi range extender that gives internet access everywhere in the hostel. I can see you were staying in our dorm 1. Someone is coming today to do some repair here, I'll ask what he thinks about the door of your room. It should be fixed today or tomorrow. Thank you for bringing this problem out. Kind regards. François.

6th Sep 2016

I loved Willy Wallace! Walking distance from Stirling Castle. Very welcoming staff and clean location!

• Australia, Female, 18-24
6th Sep 2016
7.7

Great hostel, beds were super comfy and the room was so big it didn't feel like I was in a 16bed dorm. Good kitchen and bathroom. Few negatives though, wifi doesn't work in the rooms at all, there were quite a lot of staff members and they all hung out in the common room (where the wifi does work) and were so loud I couldn't even hear myself think.

Thanks for sharing your experience. About the wifi, I've just extended the wifi range to the dorm 1 (the room where you staid) yesterday. It works now perfectly fine. I'm sorry you couldn't use it during your stay. I sincerely apologize about the noisy staff members. The beginning of September is this period when the old team is leaving and meets the new staff crew. It involves some celebrations and certainly too much cheering and shouting. It's a good thing this is happening only once a year. Sorry for the inconvenience. The manager.

• Australia, Female, 31-40
4th Sep 2016

I had a great stay at this hostel. Friendly staff, perfect central location, and close to the train station. The kitchen is well stocked, but unfortunately when I stayed there was no space to store my food in the fridge. Perhaps a second fridge would be helpful. Also, there's only one locker for every two bunk beds, so it would have been better if everyone had their own locker instead of sharing or missing out.

Hello! It's great to feel like you enjoyed your stay here. About the fridge, I think you are absolutely right. We are precisely planning to go for a bigger one this month. And thank you also for bringing out the lockers problem. I'll see what I can do about it. That could be a good improvement for the hostel. Thanks for sharing your experience and for bringing us new ideas. The manager.

• Canada, All Female Group, 18-24
4th Sep 2016

Very close to the train station. Bathroom was renovated and suoer clean. Beds weren't the best but still manageable. Storage of baggage the next day was a pound, well worth the freedom while climbing hills. Lots of pubs and cafes around. The rooms are a little dated but still a good place to rest after a long day. Staff was super lovely. Also super convenient that you don't have to check out if you are leaving early. Would stay again.

Thanks a lot for letting us know your Willy Wallace experience. Please, let us know if you come around again. It would be my pleasure to give you a special price for this amazing review, the next time you come. Glad that you enjoyed your time with us. The manager.

• adamblack93
  • Scotland, Male, 18-24
30th Aug 2016
8.0

A good little hostel, right in the city centre. Five minutes from the train and bus stations and surrounded by shops.

• Malaysia, Female, 31-40
28th Aug 2016

Another favor hostel. The location is good. The room is big. The toilet is clean. The bed is comfortable. The kitchen provides free coffee and tea. The staffs are super friendly! This would be right choice if you are looking for a convenient location and great hostel!

27th Aug 2016

Excellent staff, nice rooms, better than your average hostel