Willy Wallace Hostel Reviews

77 Murray Place, Stirling, Scotland

Very friendly and helpful staff. The common room has a nice atmosphere where you can talk to other guests and have a drink together. Good value for the price.

Great place! Really awesome staff, fun to hang out with. Good rooms with lots of space. Nice commons area with TV and a whole bunch of movies! Good kitchen with plenty of stove tops. And great location, 2 minute walk to train station. Would recommend!

There was a tv in the room which didn't work; there was a radiator for heat, but no heat (I asked). I was able to borrow a space heater, but didn't feel confident it would not burn the place down, as it smelled like burning and needed to be propped up against something in order to turn on. From the top floor, you could hear everything going on down on the street (it was not a quiet street) as well as everything everyone was doing on the rest of the floor. Perhaps some sound dampening would help?

Loved my stay here! I was only there for one night but I wish I could have stayed longer! Best hostel I've been in so far. Amazing kitchen and common room. Loved it!

• 15th Sep 2015

A perfect hostel in a perfect location in Stirling. The staff were great, and very welcoming and a lot of fun to hang out with when they weren't working. The common area has an excellent atmosphere, it's fantastic for meeting people and there's always something going on each night. Dorms/bathrooms were clean and well maintained, and the kitchen was very functional. Wifi isn't always the greatest, but that's the only tiny complaint for an otherwise brilliant hostel.

Very nice hostel. Staff were very helpfull and fun. Good atmosphere in the common room. Rooms, bathrooms and showers were clean. Great location, only a few minutes walk from train station and una very central part of the town. Only thing is wifi is a bit weak in the rooms but fine in the common room. Although I didn't think that was a horrible thing. Would absolutely stay again.

Not good. Location was decent but staff wasn't great. Not too friendly and he short changed us at check in. No security for belongings only a tiny locker big enough for passport and wallet. I slept with my bags. Wifi wouldn't work in rooms either

Welcoming environment with friendly staff. The location is extremely easy to find next to the train station. For the price of many hostels in the UK, the amount is okay to what you get.

This is a very good hostel

We used this hostel as a stopping point on the way back home, it was very friendly, clean and had a good atmosphere. If I was to criticise it would be lack of parking and slightly noisy city centre location. If not travelling by car location excellent. Overall good experience.

Really comfortable beds, hot showers and a nice lounge and kitchen area to cook and hang out in. Staff were unreal, people in the room I stayed in were being incredibly disrespectful and the staff axtauy got up and did something about it- such good service. Everyone was really kind and I had a great stay here.

I haven't left reviews before but.... The staff at Willy Wallace ARE THE BEST I've ever had at a hostel. Incredibly friendly and accommodating, they made our stay in Stirling amazing and feel like home. Would highly recommend coming to Stirling and starting or ending a trip around Scotland at this hostel. Staff can give lots of great travel tips, and the atmosphere in the common room is really friendly and open. Thanks Willy Wallace!

Loved this place! Staff made me feel really welcome and answered all my questions. They led a small group to one of the oldest pubs in Stirling and made sure to ask everyone in the common room which was grand. Would definitely recommend.

The wifi was a bit spotty - it would drop out for a few minutes before coming back.

Good value hostel in central location.

An absolutely charming hostel with helpful and engaging staff. The atmosphere is difficult to describe, because there are families with young children, as well as older couples traveling, as well as backpackers drinking every night in the common room. I truly enjoyed all of my time here, and if I'm ever in the area again, I will stay at Willy Wallace's. It's about 5 minutes from the train/bus station, and right on the Main Street of town.

I had very good time in the hostel, the tree boys and chine girl were very friendly and kind with me, I recommend this hostel because is really nice. Thanks a lot for your help 😊😊😊

I have stayed in William Wallace Hostel before , it is a really nice and friendly Hostel . The Staff are very friendly and helpful, very comfy Beds and Room 1 is nice and big for 18 guests. I think it's the Best Room in the Hostel , enough space for everyone. Thanks to all the stay for making my stay so nice once again.

Felt just like home, very comfortable, welcoming and clean.

• 8th Aug 2015

Everything good! Only thing needed is better shades for windows!