Willy Wallace Hostel Reviews

77 Murray Place, Stirling, Scotland

Great hostel - wonderful atmosphere, great kitchen, excellent location, nice large rooms, secure & clean. Only problem was a cold shower.

I only stayed for one night, but I found the hostel to really cute and nicely decorated. The staff was extremely friendly, although I agree with a previous reviewer that it was a bit difficult to tell who was staff and who was working there. Beds were not very comfortable, but for one night in Stirling it was just what I needed.

Very handy for station and town centre. The hostel was very quiet the night I stayed (only person in dorm) and place had been fairly recently repainted so looking good in its bright colours. Long climb up stairs to dormitory, especially if you have a lot of baggage! Was very grateful to staff for their help in carrying my suitcase up.

• 16th Mar 2015
  • Scotland

It seemed like everyone staying there lived there. This made it feel like we were staying in someone's home. But in an uncomfortable way. It was hard to work out who was staff and who was living there. Maybe make a staff board with pictures so guests can see who's who? Got 'upgraded' from a 10 dorm to a 6 which was full and cramped the whole time. The front desk staff were helpful and friendly. Washing machine not working so they have an overnight service. Not great if u have minimal clothes.

Great location. Needs lockers in the room though!

Great location, very friendly staff, and good common area to hang out in

At first I didn't realize the hostel entrance and my first impression was rather bad. However the room is reasonable and the common area has a nice atmosphere. The stuff is friendly and overall I felt welcome. Would recommend it!

Had a lot of fun hanging out here for the weekend. Staff are super friendly, kitchen is great and showers/toilets are solid. Only complaint is the beds are a little uncomfortable. Would recommend.

• 21st Nov 2014

Dear A, Thank you for your great comment! Happy to hear you enjoyed your time at the hostel! We're literally in the process of changing beds around the hostel to make sure guests are sleeping on clouds. This allows me to encourage any guests who would feel uncomfortable to tell the staff so we can try to find a solution and keep everyone happy! Hope to see you again. Kind Regards, The Willy Wallace team

Had a lovely stay, staff were very helpful and let us leave our bags for a few hours on our departure day which was massively appreciated. Room was great, more comfortable than most other hostel's we've stayed (we had the double room) really comfortable bed and was nice to overlook the street. Lounge and kitchen facilities also brilliant.

• 15th Nov 2014

The staff were excellent. Told me how to get around everywhere. Since I don't like tea and coffee I was also treated to Hot chocolate instead! More hostels need to do that. The location is prefect. Everything you need is right there. I would definitely stay here again!

The staff is really cool and the hostel is close to the train station.