Win Backpacker Hostel Reviews

6 Ratsada Road, Maung T. Taladyai, Phuket, Thailand

The WiFi wasnt working in the room but the staff was amazing!

Super nice lady that hostel. A little older building but great location! Great value!

• 26th Jan 2016

The staff is nice but the room was terrible, very noisy and hot. I just stayed there one night and was enough, I wouldn't book this hotel again.

In the town centre so can get pretty much anywhere you want to go. It's a 10 minute walk from the main bus station and local buses are constantly passing through. Stayied in a twin room it was basic 2 mattresses on the floor and a fan on the wall but for what you pay you can't expect more than that. The hostel was clean and the owner is friendly. Would stay again :)

• 5th Jan 2016

Run by a very homely family, though hostel was not easily found as there was nos ign, but we loved our stay there as it felt like home. though the rooms can become really hot in the day.

The room is very basic no furniture mattresses on floor and fan on the wall. However it is very cheap so you get what you pay for no frills. The lady that runs it is very nice and helpful and nothing is too much bother gave us breakfast before we left although it was earlier than the breakfast time and her English is really good. Can't really expect much more for a tenner for 2 nights for 2 people.

It's nice hostel for cheap rent and good condition of rooms.

Overall a good hostel. Looks a bit dodgy from the outside because there is a shoemaker store at the entrance but once inside the place is clean and tidy. Staff will go the extra mile to help you. Beds are quite hard, but had a good 2 nights sleep. Cheap, clean, briljant location and friendly staff, I would def. recommend staying here!

Thank you!

++: funny child, friendly owner as everyone in Thailand relax atmosfere as for that amount --: I hadn't been let in, untill I had withdraw the amount to pay I found a house for long stay in same day and said I maybe not sleep even 1 night, so instead an offer to return some money, the owner ask me a key for return. All the people have definite contracts, not many of us are having something more.

• 2nd Dec 2015
  • Ukraine

Nice hostel and definitely worth the money. I liked my stay over there and every request was easily handled by the owner. Really a great woman and I can recommend that place.

Only used Phuket as a stopover to Phi Phi so didn't stay long. Super friendly lady running the place. Wifi worked great, A/C was good. Not a fantastic place to meet others, but its not a touristy area anyways. Cheap food all around the place. A little on the old and run down side though. Found quite a few dead roaches, and you had travellers arriving late banging on the gate all night. Overall, works great for a short stay. If you're looking for a party maybe stay on the west side of town.

If you are looking for a chill guesthouse vibe, then this place is for you. But if you want a place to socialize and party then avoid it. The owner had her kid running around screaming at all hours of the day and night. There were many open beds, yet she made the kid sleep on a thin blanket over the hard tile floor. And the room smelled moldy. Lasted 5 minutes and left honestly.

Only stopped for one night on way to airport. Turned up and everything was completely shut down. Had to ring from a local bar that was open. Not much going on in the day. Fine for a quick stop but wouldn't recommend if looking to meet other people or socialise

Loved my stay here thanks to great location and the way it seemed to attract a friendly type of backpacker!

The woman who owned the hostel showed me some of the best hospitality I have ever received in my life, absolutely wonderful woman. Such a clean hostel & owner was so helpful when it came to finding things to do. Best eggs in town for breakfast!!! Had such an amazing experience at this hostel even after being told negative things about Phuket itself. Would not hesitate coming back, recommend 100%. Thanks again for having me!!! X

We had a great time staying at the hostel. Alittle difficult to find its on the roundabout. The hostel was basic but the lady that runs the hostel was so friendly and welcoming she helped us with tours and travelling. She made the hostel

The staff are incredible the women in particular, she was was so helpful with arranging our journey to koh phi phi, she gave us a much better deal than anywhere else. She also organised a safe and really reasonable return taxi, for me to go and pick my friends up from the airport in the early hours of the morning. Rooms are basic but the location is perfect if you want to eat local or love street food- I was in heaven.