Win Backpacker Hostel Reviews

6 Ratsada Road, Maung T. Taladyai, Phuket, Thailand

Staff were very friendly and helpful and booked transfers for us, however the facilities are very basic. Concrete walls and floor with mattresses on the floor, no windows. It was incredibly hot in the room, to the point we had trouble sleeping. We moved hostels after one night.

Great place, right in the thick of Phuket town. Take a padlock as safety deposit lockers are available. Rooms are basic but clean and comfortable. Lady at the desk was ultra helpful. A great option if you don't fancy the madness of patong but still want a good time.

I had a really good stay over there, I recommend ! Adrien

This was my first time staying backpacker and worried about security but it was no problem. There is security locker and storage too. the owener lady was really nice, she gave me really good deal for many things , and sometimes she gave me a Thai local food too:) not laxuary but good atomosphere! Good location too. Just 2 blocks from the famous weekend night market! Close to transportation too. I booked for 3 nights but eventually I stayed here for 1 week:) I'll definitely stay here again

• 19th Aug 2014
  • Japan

Great hostel, incredibly helpful host who got us the best discounts on trips that we did, and the room was comfortable. Would definitely recommend it here!

Win Backpacker Hostel has a lot of things that can interest the backpacker: affordable rates, good conditions, tradicional thai atmosphere and convenient central location in downtown Phuket. But the best thing is the feeling of being safe and welcome, so far away from home. It's run by a family with a small little boy - Win, hence the name - that keeps the place running smoothly, spotless and providing many comforts free of charge. I found them welcoming and non intrusive. Highly recommended.

• 4th Aug 2014
  • Portugal

I was arriving into Phuket late as it was just a stop over before heading to the airport in the morning. I choose this hostel as they advertise a 24 hour reception. When I arrived the building was locked up with no member of staff to be seen. I ended up paying for a full nights accommodation although I never got to stay here. Phuket Backpackers were so helpful and allowed me to shower and nap in their lobby for free. I was very disappointed with the service from Win Backpackers!!!

The best hostel ever. The staff was very friendly and hospitable. they helped us to find all the cheapest tour, transport and food. Thanks for all you did for us. Nico

• 18th Jun 2014

Very friendly owners, room was huge, everything new, A/C worked perfect, I would definitely stay here again. Similar rooms could easily be double the price. Just 2 minutes to the night market and morning market, only a few minutes more to everything else.

I loved this place! This was my first time in Thailand (and Asia), and I expected the worse, but this cozy little hostel made me chance my mind! It is lovely! Especially the staff - they are so kind!! It's a little family, with a little boy (named Win). The location is right in the middle of Phuket Town near a market, where you can get some kind of waffle with an omelet a very delicious! I have no bad words for this place!

• 12th May 2014