Win Backpacker Hostel Reviews

6 Ratsada Road, Maung T. Taladyai, Phuket, Thailand

My partner and I stayed for just one night on transit to Koh Tao and were amazed at the friendly and outgoing staff. They went out of their way to help us and happily made phone calls to find us the most up to date and useful information. The private twin room was clean and nice with great air con and was worth every cent. I'd happily stay again for a longer period.

• 14th Dec 2014

good location, friendly staff

Staff were very friendly and helpful and booked transfers for us, however the facilities are very basic. Concrete walls and floor with mattresses on the floor, no windows. It was incredibly hot in the room, to the point we had trouble sleeping. We moved hostels after one night.

Great place, right in the thick of Phuket town. Take a padlock as safety deposit lockers are available. Rooms are basic but clean and comfortable. Lady at the desk was ultra helpful. A great option if you don't fancy the madness of patong but still want a good time.

I had a really good stay over there, I recommend ! Adrien

This was my first time staying backpacker and worried about security but it was no problem. There is security locker and storage too. the owener lady was really nice, she gave me really good deal for many things , and sometimes she gave me a Thai local food too:) not laxuary but good atomosphere! Good location too. Just 2 blocks from the famous weekend night market! Close to transportation too. I booked for 3 nights but eventually I stayed here for 1 week:) I'll definitely stay here again

• 19th Aug 2014
  • Japan

Great hostel, incredibly helpful host who got us the best discounts on trips that we did, and the room was comfortable. Would definitely recommend it here!

Win Backpacker Hostel has a lot of things that can interest the backpacker: affordable rates, good conditions, tradicional thai atmosphere and convenient central location in downtown Phuket. But the best thing is the feeling of being safe and welcome, so far away from home. It's run by a family with a small little boy - Win, hence the name - that keeps the place running smoothly, spotless and providing many comforts free of charge. I found them welcoming and non intrusive. Highly recommended.

• 4th Aug 2014
  • Portugal

I was arriving into Phuket late as it was just a stop over before heading to the airport in the morning. I choose this hostel as they advertise a 24 hour reception. When I arrived the building was locked up with no member of staff to be seen. I ended up paying for a full nights accommodation although I never got to stay here. Phuket Backpackers were so helpful and allowed me to shower and nap in their lobby for free. I was very disappointed with the service from Win Backpackers!!!