Windsor Hotel Reviews

19 Alfi Bey, Cairo, Egypt

No Rating

The Windsor just breathes history! I loved the atmosphere. I got a free upgrade to a beautiful room which was the same room Monthy Phyton's Michael Palin stayed in once, as I was told a few times. The room had lovely high ceilings and the furniture seems to be all original. Although old, it is a very clean hotel. Unfortunately i did not have a change to check out the roof terrace or the bar, although the bar is very famous. Just around the hotel there are loads of food stalls and cafe's also.

Older place, but kept nice. Staff was great, helped us out with many different situations. I would recomend this place, right down town with all the action.

We stayed here for five nights and really enjoyed it. This hotel has great charm and character. The staff was friendly and we felt very much at home. There is a great bar/lounge for just hanging out and the food was good too.

Pretty neat place - has that \'old colonial\' feel still going strong - nice to see the signed photo with the manager and Michael Palin as you check in. Nice enough joint, saw no roaches - the food was decent - popular bar - pizzas took forever to bake though(in the bar/restaurant). the rooms are of very mixed character and quality. they tried to make me upgrade to another room upon arrival - but I found the upgrade a bit too expensive. the el cheapo rooms are good enough for this weary dog. WOOF.

We were told the reason we were getting the worst room was because we were hosteworld customers. Hotel needs serious work to warrant the price. Hot water infrequent. Lift unreliable. "Third bed in room" a narrow unstable cot.

The Breakfast there wasn't that great and far to expensive, compared with alternatives. More important, the stuff was arrogant and pretentious. Only the breakfast-room of the hotel is worth a visit, the rooms are ridicolous run down. Then it doen't help, that Adel Iman or Liz Tailor or who ever was once there. Forget about it

Pretty dingy, so-so hotel. High-pressure push on the day trips.... They also told me the hostel world deposit didn't count toward my room, which seems like they were lying to me.

Quite a unique experience staying in a hotel with so much history.