Windsor Inn Hotel Reviews

1842 16th street NW, Washington, Washington DC, USA

Perfect cozy and quiet location, we loved having a private room with great AC! Loved the reception area and free coffee. Cute building that didn't make us feel like we were in some generic motel.

Small room with little space besides bed and bathroom. But for the price and location, not bad.

• 27th Jun 2014

The location is very convenient.

• 21st Jun 2014
  • China

I really enjoyed my stay here. Staff were very friendly. I would recommend this to my friends.

• 13th Jan 2014
  • Pakistan

the word here is loveless...goes for the staff as well as for the whole interior of the place...nevertheless, cheap and pretty close to the white house

The place is very old, and my room smelled musty. The rug was very old a looks dirty. They did not clean my room the second day.

Short walk to National Mall, about 1.5 miles north of White House. Not far from 2 different tube stations/ lines - U Street on the Green/Yellow and Dupont Circle on the Red (max 15 mins walk to either). Clean, friendly. Room was nice, not overly large but adequate for our needs. No tea/coffee facilities in room but there were in the reception area. The only downside was the breakfast - most mornings there was a lack of seating and often they'd run out of (plastic) cutlery.

Breakfast was good!

• 22nd Aug 2013
  • South Korea

I had a wonderful stay at the Windsor and recommend it to anyone on a budget. It is clean and quiet and the staff are helpful and kind.

• 20th Aug 2013

The place was nice and it was a peaceful stay. The staff is friendly and helpful. The breakfast was nice - normal continental. The room was small but you really don't need much space if you think about it. The beds were comfortable and the walk in shower was lovely! Once you get past the compact size it's a great place.

• 20th Aug 2013

I had an enjoyable stay at the Windsor Inn. The staff were helpful and the location was excellent. I especially liked that I could start my day or wind down by petting the resident kitty. She was the reason I ended up choosing the Windsor Inn over other properties.

• 18th Aug 2013
  • Japan

The breakfast was not good. But we loved the cat.

Great hotel but it took us around 90 mins to find a space to park. Breakfast was good but there is not enough space to sit.

We had a bedroom, located in a basement, close to the rubbish. That's why the room was really wet, and the smell was horrible. Regarding the breakfast, there were very few to eat (bread was brought slice by slice). Generally, the atmosphere is old.

• 29th Jul 2013

The staff was great, and I loved the location and atmosphere. i think we may have had bad luck with our room, which smelled damp throughout the visit, though an AC was running in the wall the whole time. Just seems the room doesn't get enough ventilation. But the bedding was good, and the place had a homey feel, really charming, a $5 cabride from Dupont Circle, or a 10 minute walk or so, past beautiful buildings.

We read a lot of negative comments before coming (including stories about ghosts!!) so were a little worried but it turned out to be a nice place to stay - nice, clean room and comfortable beds. The hotel is maybe a little outdated but it added to the character of the place. Breakfast was fine but there could have been more variety, maybe fruit and yogurt or something other than pastries, bread, etc.

• 20th Jul 2013

This hostel was very clean and seemed more like a hotel than anything. It was very small but worth the price for the location and the service.

• 14th Jul 2013

The queen-size-bed bedroom might be a bit tiny but I liked the place a lot!

• 8th Jul 2013

Great location! Super cozy and classy Inn! We loved it!

Although we spent only one night in this hotel, we enjoyed it very much! The location is great, within the walking distance to the White House/Mall and two Metro stations(15-20 min). Our double-bed room was furnished in XIX century style, with air-conditioning and private bathroom, clean and safe. The staff were friendly and helpful. This hotel serves 'continental' breakfast including coffee/tea, juice/milk and variety of cakes and toasts. So our overall impression is very good. See you again:)!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4