Winsor Hotel Reviews

20 6th street, San Francisco, USA

Clean hostel, great location in city center. The homeless people in the area can be a bit depressing, but it's a great value for the money. Would recommend if you just need a place to sleep and shower while enjoying the city.

• 27th Jun 2015

Neighbourhood and street in front were very unsafe. Room was not that clean. No safe/vault.

• 20th Jun 2015

Helpful staff.Thanx to Amit and Bee for their helps.For the next time I will stay here again.

• 17th Jun 2015
  • Turkey

Very clean, lovely atmosphere, I felt very at home. The bed was really comfortable and clean and comfy sheets and bedding. The room was really dark with heavy curtains, but was a ltitle noisy outside, but not enough to stop me sleeping. Friendly and helpful reception and located so close to everything! The whole hotel was very clean and quiet. Very impressed!

• 10th Jun 2015

Very local but definitely in the hood, I guess. Lots of drugs and cravkheads out front. Still... It's easy to walk to everything

This place does very wel with what they have. Super clean, awesome staff secure and comfortable rooms. Very friendly and helpful staff. They let us drop our packs early and all was secure. The neighborhood was a little sketchy, but no problems. A bit loud all night, but as I say they do very well with what they have. I would stay here again. Convenient to public transport so you can ride the Bart from Oakland or SFO for like $10. Don't bother with the shuttle.

• 23rd May 2015

Overall, this hostel was a perfect little place to stay in the heart of the Tenderloin District. Although this area, happens to be in a notoriously bad neighborhood, I felt safe and the location was in walking distance of nearly every major transportation system in Downtown San Francisco. I definitely recommend Winsor Hotel if you're looking to save money and don't plan on staying in the room long. This is a great stay for single travelers & tourists.

• 21st May 2015

The hostel itself was pretty standard and pleasant, the staff were helpful and that was all fine. But the location was quite shocking, staying on 6th Street which we later found out was notorious for being a sketchy neighbourhood. There's lots of homeless people on the street outside and although the hostel is close to the top of the street, and therefore to the main road which is safe and full of shops, I wouldn't stay here myself as a solo female traveller and feel comfortable coming and going

View all San Francisco Hotels