Winsor Hotel Reviews

20 6th street, San Francisco, USA

It's a clean and cheap hotel, perfect location. I definitely recommend

Ok so everyone talks about the location and homeless people out in front of the place and blah blah;get over it your in a major city and yeah that exists! My complaint is I got charged an extra 40$ for taxes and a rentavated room with only one outlet that zapped me when I plugged in my phone.

• 13th Nov 2014

The staff was good on checking in. My room was ok but I paid for two as it was a two bed room. Worst location I ever been, on my first night I seen a women get robbed, guys fighting. Heard gun shots and there was like three buns sleeping right outside. The shower had dirt and hair laying in the bottom. Was bad for the money I paid. I didn't even have any pillow cases

While it's just off Market, pretty close to the Embarcadero, this specific street is sketchy (a lot of homeless people and drug dealers). The Hostel is clean but there is no atmosphere whatsoever. It feels a little dungeonlike (one of the bathroom doors has a hole in it so that the door can close properly). I never saw any other guests in three days, there is no public fridge or kitchen, or common area as far as I saw. You'd be much better off staying at Amsterdam Hostel which is pretty close.

Pretty good place. I was only staying for 1 night. Kind of a sketchy neighborhood at night. But the room and bed were clean.

• 14th Oct 2014

The hotel staff moved a camera from looking at the stairwell to another wall to look at my door. I felt violated. They were really evasive and unhelpful. I won't be staying here again

• 12th Oct 2014

Not a great neighorhood but the hotel is clean and cheap.

Very expensive for that kind of hotel !!!! no services ... no air con .... very noisy ! towels are dirty very bad experience there ...

• 22nd Sep 2014

It is a place where you should not ecpect too much. it is low priced but not worth more. When I arrived the floor-toilet was not clean and there was no brush to clean it either. The showers are thigh and there is not much space to leave the cloth on a dry place. The top cover on the bed did not look clean. There was a socket behind the tv-furniture. I had to lift the furniture away to get back there. and one socket is not enough in these times when you have several devices to charge.

The security in the Wifi network was terrible, and probably infested with hackers.

Sketchy area but great place to stay!

View all San Francisco Hotels