Winsor Hotel Reviews

20 6th street, San Francisco, USA

It's a clean and cheap hotel, perfect location. I definitely recommend

Ok so everyone talks about the location and homeless people out in front of the place and blah blah;get over it your in a major city and yeah that exists! My complaint is I got charged an extra 40$ for taxes and a rentavated room with only one outlet that zapped me when I plugged in my phone.

• 13th Nov 2014

The staff was good on checking in. My room was ok but I paid for two as it was a two bed room. Worst location I ever been, on my first night I seen a women get robbed, guys fighting. Heard gun shots and there was like three buns sleeping right outside. The shower had dirt and hair laying in the bottom. Was bad for the money I paid. I didn't even have any pillow cases

While it's just off Market, pretty close to the Embarcadero, this specific street is sketchy (a lot of homeless people and drug dealers). The Hostel is clean but there is no atmosphere whatsoever. It feels a little dungeonlike (one of the bathroom doors has a hole in it so that the door can close properly). I never saw any other guests in three days, there is no public fridge or kitchen, or common area as far as I saw. You'd be much better off staying at Amsterdam Hostel which is pretty close.

Pretty good place. I was only staying for 1 night. Kind of a sketchy neighborhood at night. But the room and bed were clean.

• 14th Oct 2014

The hotel staff moved a camera from looking at the stairwell to another wall to look at my door. I felt violated. They were really evasive and unhelpful. I won't be staying here again

• 12th Oct 2014

Not a great neighorhood but the hotel is clean and cheap.

Very expensive for that kind of hotel !!!! no services ... no air con .... very noisy ! towels are dirty very bad experience there ...

• 22nd Sep 2014

It is a place where you should not ecpect too much. it is low priced but not worth more. When I arrived the floor-toilet was not clean and there was no brush to clean it either. The showers are thigh and there is not much space to leave the cloth on a dry place. The top cover on the bed did not look clean. There was a socket behind the tv-furniture. I had to lift the furniture away to get back there. and one socket is not enough in these times when you have several devices to charge.

The security in the Wifi network was terrible, and probably infested with hackers.

Sketchy area but great place to stay!

Pro: Room and bathroom/showers were very clean -- almost aspetic. The location is central but not too loud. Cons: This place definitely needs new matresses! Ours was old, run down and dirty. Compared to European standards of quality, atmosphere and location this is too expensive.

My wife and I have been in many hotels so far in different cities around the world. In one word,So awful and no value for money ! No Air conditioning controllable at room, too cold at nights, No refrigerator at room , not even one refrigerator in whole building to put my sandwich in summer time! No hanger for towels, it was presented on our bed! No desk at room, small dark room with teared up certain, too much homeless around! The only good thing about there was only the cleanness.

• 20th Aug 2014
  • Iran

Good location, but poor cleanliness. Not the best place to stay,except if you want to be really downtown and don't care about cleanliness of your room.

The hotel was rather clean and the room was Ok. The problem was all the homeless people outside. As a woman I felt very uncomfortable. Especially when we came back late - this area is not a good one.

• 20th Aug 2014

The area is crowded by homeless and pepole on drugs. The hotels it self is OK, but you really cant look away form the social issues in the area

• 14th Aug 2014
  • Sweden

Good compared to other places in San Francisco.

Found it very difficult to find safe parking but after checking in they told us the best place to park. The staff was amazing and were able to answer any questions. A bit surprised at how small the double room was, but was decent. The place is in between a hotel and hostel. The staff is what made the stay what it was. There is no elevator which was hard with heavy bags.

• 1st Aug 2014
  • MsBeck

The first impression of the Winsor Hotel was a bit shocking because of all the homeless people in front of it an the rough looking in the inside, but the staff is great and super friendly. Furthermore the rooms are big with a sink, TV and wireless. The room and bathrooms are very clean as well and the Hotel is based very central in the shopping district! I highly recommend the Winsor Hotel!

I arrived at the hotel at 10.30 at night- not the time that a young woman wants to be walking down 6th street in San Fransisco! This is a frightening area of town, literally full of homeless people and terrible crime. Prepare yourself! That said, it's very central to town, the hotel staff were wonderful and it's very clean and safe once you're in the building. If you can cope with the terrible location and/or your in a group, this place is not bad at all.

• 2nd Jul 2014