Wish You Were Here... Backpackers.Bar.Restaurant. Reviews

Sangkat 4, Mittakpheap, Otres Beach, Sihanoukville, Cambodia

Fun hostel to relax and meet people. Great staff 😄

We had to move out after one night since the shared bathrooms were clogging and there were bedbugs on our bed. We complainted to the person incharge and he accepted the shortcomings. Atmosphere in the restaurant downstairs was good and ideal for backpackers.

Yes you did complain about the bathrooms and were unforgiving to the fact that we are building new toilets to fix the issues that we have been facing, blocked and damaged drains. We took your complaint seriously regarding the bed bugs. Closed the room to exterminate and found nothing. This wasted time and money. We also discounted your room for you and did not charge you for checking out early. Please don’t use the Internet to complain again when you have already compensated for these issues.

Located in Otres Beach away from the crowds of Sihanoukville, WYWH is a perfect place to escape from the hustle 'n bustle for a while. The staff is friendly, helpful & willing to go out of their way for you. When I checked in they gave me the option of several different rooms because the room I had booked was not available for whatever reason. On Sunday evenings the bar there hosts "Sunday Sessions" and they have local musicians come and play for hours on end. Great food & drink drink too!

Unbelievably slow service. Cold food on eventual arrival and un-accommodating staff.

I’m surprised that you say it was slow service during this night. We hold a Halloween party every year. Many people commented on how accommodating and fast we were due to the massive crowed that we were catering to, there were only 4 of us working behind the bar that night to serve about 300+ people at once. Good Luck to you!!!

My friend and I initially booked a 2 night stay at wywh but after spending less than an hour there we knew we would stay as long as we could. The bar has a great laid back atmosphere and the staff are always friendly, helpful and incredibly accommodating (and don't even get me started about the food). We couldn't have asked for a better place to stay on this idyllic beach and would strongly recommend staying here to anyone spending time at otres beach. We will certainly be back in the future!

It was a pleasure to have you stay in our home. Thank you for the amazing review and we look forward to seeing you guys again. Hope the rest of your travels were awesome. Thank you again.

Such an amazing atmosphere, I felt so comfortable and relaxed when I got there. The bar has a very chilled vibe. And the staff were very friendly. Shame I only stayed for a night.

Thank you so much for your amazing review. The great thing about traveling is if you enjoy a place you can always go back. You are more than welcome any time to come back and visit our home. Safe travels.

On my short trip around the world and the 15 or so hostels I visited, this would have to trump the lot. Great staff and atmosphere even if it was raining and in off season. Definatly recommend and will be back at wish ASAP! Chris, melbourne, Australia

• 2nd Sep 2014

Thank you so much for the amazing review. It was a pleasure to have you stay in our home during the rainy season. Hope to see you soon in the not too distant future. Safe travels friend ☺

We got what we paid for. The staff was high all of the time, so they were slow and forgetful. The bathrooms were flooded and the showers cold. The private rooms were not actually private. Still, it was quite inexpensive and the food was good!

• 29th Aug 2014

@ Wish we strive for our guests to feel as comfortable & relaxed as they can. Yes, sometimes the service is slow; we make all our dishes from scratch. We do ask for your patience as the kitchen staff work hard filling your tummies with tasty food. We provide cold showers & have never advertised anywhere any different. Our amazing Khmer staff are building new toilets/showers to solve the issues of blocked and damaged drains. I hope that you ended up finding accommodation that didn’t disappoint.

Great place but as everyone has said, "fix your dam loo's". No ones expecting sparkling clean but actually working drainage would be a great start, at this point just getting rid of the roof would end up being an improvement as it would actually dry ! Not to mention the 2 that have obviously had the roof cave in on them. Otherwise nice accommodating bar, not too loud, lovely open space room for the dorm, and great lockers for the bags.

Hahaha don’t worry friend our ‘loo’s’ are being upgraded and moved to a different location, soon my friend soon…

Had to pay for your own toilet paper which was a bit annoying and the toilets weren't the cleanest we've had but also not the worst. Otherwise, really chilled hostel with some cool people. Very close to the beach. Had a slight booking mixup but staff got it sorted in the end.

Thank you for staying in our home and for the review. We do charge a very small fee for toilet paper; the reason for this is to encourage travelers to use the bum gun. The bum gun is healthier for you as well as the environment. It also helps to prevent our sewerage systems (septic tanks) to deal with the paper as no septic tanks in Cambodia are designed to have the issue of paper being flushed down the toilet. I hope you enjoyed the rest of your travels ☺.

It's great booked two nights stayed over a week. Great people make this place where you instantly feel welcome and able to relax. It is beach side so there can be sand around as you'd expect but the location, atmosphere and general feel of the place far out way any first world problems guests may bring with them.

Thank you so much for your great review. It’s very rewarding for us that you notice all the hard work we are all putting in to make ‘Wish’ feel like a place you can all call your home away from home...

Really lovely resurant area Frieda was an babe. Dorms where ok but you get what you paid for it's a mattress on the floor. There's a locker you get given only thing no plug sockets in the room.

We don’t have sockets in the dorms because we have many @ reception & in the bar that can be used at anytime day/night. You can also ask our staff to look after it for you so you don’t have to worry. No EXTRA sockets in the rooms means no chance of people leaving things plugged in unattended while they go to the beach, means NO FIRES! Which means that the small minority of irresponsible travellers, have less chance to burn down our house. Glad you had a great time. Thank you for the review.

I came here to chill and got so much more, great atmosphere great staff great owners

Thank you so much for your amazing review. I hope your travels are safe and awesome. Looking forward to your return my friend ☺.

Had an excellent very relaxing stay, even staying an extra night. Perfect location if you want to get away from towns and cities. Beds quite comfortable, food excellent and good value. Staff were so helpful and made you feel like you were completely at home. Would stay again, but next time not in the rainy season!

It was great to have you stay in our home. Your review was amazing, Thank you so much. Safe travels… ☺

Cool place to chill out and relax for a few days, great location accross the road from beach but far away from party area of serendipity. Toilets and showers were grim.

Thank you for your review. Otres is well known as a quiet, chilled out beach unlike Serendipity Beach in any way. If you wanted the party vibe, maybe you should’ve stayed in Serendipity. Safe travels…

View all Sihanoukville Bed and Breakfasts