Wish You Were Here... Backpackers.Bar.Restaurant. Reviews

Sangkat 4, Mittakpheap, Otres Beach, Sihanoukville, Cambodia

Good stay here! Loved my little hut room. Good location, nice and close to the beach! Food is good too and have a happy hour until 9pm. Only annoying thing is that one night the bar next door was playing really loud music until really late when I needed to sleep. Bathrooms could also do with a mirror! However over all I liked it and would stay again!

An awesome laid back hostel to stay at on Otres beach. The staff were amazing especially Juan who goes out of his way to make you feel at home. Really good vibe and everyone is just chilled.

I literally can't rate this place enough. The place is all wooden and clean, cheap, and so relaxed. The staff are AMAZING!! And the staff from the other places too. Food is amazing - didn't have a bad meal there. Booked for two nights and stayed 5. This place was honestly my highlight of my 6 week SE Asia trip. Highly recommend!!

I loved staying in this place. The atmosphere was just perfect, the staff, the food, the furniture, the other guests. I'm glad I stayed here and I highly recommend it.

• 25th Dec 2015
  • Mexico

Best hostel I stayed in my whole trip. Good food. Great staff. So much fun. I recommend this place 100%!!

Beaches where nice. Wasn't really my scene since I don't smoke weed. And that's pretty much all there is to do in otres beach. Moved to seridipity after a couple night. Little more of a party booze scene for me.

Double "room" which was really just a bed surrounded by four walls with no ceiling. No real window, just a hole in the wall partially covered by a rag. We could maybe have embraced the whole fake hippie vibe had it not been for the RATS keeping us up all night. In the morning we noticed droppings both ON & under the bed plus rubbish presumably left by the previous guests. Male staff member was apologetic, female not so much - "we are in the jungle, what do you expect?" Wish we'd never come here.

I loved my stay at the hostel! Everybody working there was super nice and it has a great location right on the beach. The wifi was fast and the food great. Only room for improvement: the bathrooms need some work (showering over a toilet is never nice) and there aren't enough outlets. I'll definitely come back.

The staff was very friendly and always very willing to help.

Nice and chilled, 30 seconds from the beach with bars and food.

Best place I've stayed in Cambodia by far. Although the dorms are basic each bed comes with a locker which is really useful. Good location. What really makes the place is the staff. They're all super friendly & helpful. On my first night they made sure I had people to talk to, invited me to events through the week. The atmosphere is so nice, really chilled bar area. Make sure you're here for the Sunday Sessions, amazing music & cheap drinks. So good I came back for a 2nd stay.

Nice stay- but really hard matresses!!

I found the hostel to be really overpriced for the facilities it offers. The dorm room has just mattresses on the floor with a mosquito net, it's not very clean and it had no plugs-meaning you had to charge everything in the bar which was really inconvenient. The bathrooms were also shared with the bar, were not very clean and never had toilet paper. If they were only charging 3 euro a night, I wouldn't mind but 7-10 euro a night for such basic facilities was way too much.

Amazing place. We stayed two extra nights becuase we just couldn't leave such great hospitality. We stayed in the double with a shared bath that was nice and safe. The shared bathroom was always clean. Right on the beach, great food, and the bar on the beach! Plan to stay a while with Cat & Aaron and their great staff.

Came here with friends and we loved it - the food/rooms and people were so good! It's super chilled so if that's what you are after then 100% book here. Only one issue is the bathrooms, they were all downstairs which was a pain when having to shower then run up in a towel. Other than that I loved it and would happily go back!

• 1st Nov 2015

A good place to stay by cambodian standards. Bit of a hassle to get to late at night but worth the effort as the beaches closer to town are filthy. Would definitley stay again, bar / resturant area had nice vibe and staff were friendly.

The hostel was cool but room probably over priced, food was good, location ok if you want to stay in that area but quite far from the main town. We had a dead cockroch in our room :( we was also over charged by $10 on our bill which we didn't realise until we left which isn't good for us as we are on a tight budget! We need to email the hostel about this to see what they can do for us.

Mixed feelings about this place. The bar/lounge area is really nice, you can see the beach from the hammock, people working there are friendly. Then on the other side I think it's overpriced for a mattress on a thin, wobbly floor. Every time someone start walking around - it feels like the stampede that killed Mufasa is going through. Showers are very tiny and combined with toilets so everything is constantly wet. No toilet paper, shower gel, mirrors and 3/4 of toilet seats were broken.

Had a wonderful stay here, made my stay at otres beach all the better. Nice simple dorm, always clean, good food and atmosphere with helpful staff. Fully recommend!

The location and porch were the best parts of this place. I could have stayed in one of their swings and made my way to the beach everyday...truly paradise. However, the accomodation itself was one step up from camping. While most hostels and guesthouses have stepped up in recent years, this one remains simply a roof over your head and running water behind a closed door. A lot of the guests seemed to be very comfortable while I was there so as long as you don't mind camping in paradise...

View all Sihanoukville Bed and Breakfasts