Wish You Were Here... Backpackers.Bar.Restaurant. Reviews

Sangkat 4, Mittakpheap, Otres Beach, Sihanoukville, Cambodia

On my short trip around the world and the 15 or so hostels I visited, this would have to trump the lot. Great staff and atmosphere even if it was raining and in off season. Definatly recommend and will be back at wish ASAP! Chris, melbourne, Australia

• 2nd Sep 2014

Thank you so much for the amazing review. It was a pleasure to have you stay in our home during the rainy season. Hope to see you soon in the not too distant future. Safe travels friend ☺

We got what we paid for. The staff was high all of the time, so they were slow and forgetful. The bathrooms were flooded and the showers cold. The private rooms were not actually private. Still, it was quite inexpensive and the food was good!

• 29th Aug 2014

Great place but as everyone has said, "fix your dam loo's". No ones expecting sparkling clean but actually working drainage would be a great start, at this point just getting rid of the roof would end up being an improvement as it would actually dry ! Not to mention the 2 that have obviously had the roof cave in on them. Otherwise nice accommodating bar, not too loud, lovely open space room for the dorm, and great lockers for the bags.

Hahaha don’t worry friend our ‘loo’s’ are being upgraded and moved to a different location, soon my friend soon…

Had to pay for your own toilet paper which was a bit annoying and the toilets weren't the cleanest we've had but also not the worst. Otherwise, really chilled hostel with some cool people. Very close to the beach. Had a slight booking mixup but staff got it sorted in the end.

It's great booked two nights stayed over a week. Great people make this place where you instantly feel welcome and able to relax. It is beach side so there can be sand around as you'd expect but the location, atmosphere and general feel of the place far out way any first world problems guests may bring with them.

Thank you so much for your great review. It’s very rewarding for us that you notice all the hard work we are all putting in to make ‘Wish’ feel like a place you can all call your home away from home...

Really lovely resurant area Frieda was an babe. Dorms where ok but you get what you paid for it's a mattress on the floor. There's a locker you get given only thing no plug sockets in the room.

I came here to chill and got so much more, great atmosphere great staff great owners

Thank you so much for your amazing review. I hope your travels are safe and awesome. Looking forward to your return my friend ☺.

Had an excellent very relaxing stay, even staying an extra night. Perfect location if you want to get away from towns and cities. Beds quite comfortable, food excellent and good value. Staff were so helpful and made you feel like you were completely at home. Would stay again, but next time not in the rainy season!

It was great to have you stay in our home. Your review was amazing, Thank you so much. Safe travels… ☺

Cool place to chill out and relax for a few days, great location accross the road from beach but far away from party area of serendipity. Toilets and showers were grim.

Thank you for your review. Otres is well known as a quiet, chilled out beach unlike Serendipity Beach in any way. If you wanted the party vibe, maybe you should’ve stayed in Serendipity. Safe travels…

My stay here was ok, the staff were friendly and the bar area and food were great. I stayed in a hut with a fan which was hot and very basic. The mosquito net over my bed had holes it, and in general bedsheets, towels etc. seemed old and worn . . . but I think this is probably typical of other places at Otres beach. The bathrooms weren't that clean, were full of ants and the water was brown. However, if you aren't that picky and just want to chill out this place provides a good environment.

The hostel looks amazing but when i visited it was quite empty. but its 30 meters from the beach and the atmosphere looks great. They offer overpriced food that should be cheaper. Staff was nice and helpful. The area of location is very relax and far away from the noise, so if you look for nightlife, dont stay in Otres beach.

Thank you for staying with us. It's a real shame that you feel our home is overpriced as we try to keep everything as cheap as possible, covering operating costs, rent, etc. whilst still helping the local people as much as possible. I hope the rest of your travels were safe and happy.

This is a bungalow A frame with decent mosquito net, good, friendly bar, fair bit of lounge seating, but overall not extremely memorable. It was just a place to crash after the awesome beach. This guesthouse is NOT beachside, not a far walk, but no wave sounds like I was hoping.

View all Sihanoukville Bed and Breakfasts