Wish You Were Here... Backpackers.Bar.Restaurant. Reviews

Sangkat 4, Mittakpheap, Otres Beach, Sihanoukville, Cambodia

The location and porch were the best parts of this place. I could have stayed in one of their swings and made my way to the beach everyday...truly paradise. However, the accomodation itself was one step up from camping. While most hostels and guesthouses have stepped up in recent years, this one remains simply a roof over your head and running water behind a closed door. A lot of the guests seemed to be very comfortable while I was there so as long as you don't mind camping in paradise...

I really enjoyed my stay here. The staff were friendly in the bar area, making sure that solo travellers had someone to talk to. I thought my private bungalow was charming and I appreciated the easy access to a variet of foods and drinks. The one thing that could possibly be improved is security. I did ask whether there

You get what you pay for. The dorm room is just matress on floor with mosquito net and fan. But i love this kind of stay more than a luxurious one. Just right next to the otres beach which is okay, it was raining when i came so i havent had a chance to explore. Great chilled atmosphere. A great place for hipsters. I think so. Anyway i love this place. And planning to come back after finish exploring nearby countries!

a pretty good hostel versus those in the centre on sihanoukville, one issue i had was with this snotty american bar man with the sailor jerry tattoos, had a text book case of a superiority complex, they should dump this bloke asap

Staff really helpful and get involved with party life side of things.

BYO toilet paper, otherwise awesome hostel. love the bar area and chill atmosphere!

Had the best time relaxing, meeting people and eating delicious food. Best hostel we stayed in on our travels through SE Asia.

We had an amazing stay at wish! The staff is very kind and the atmosphere is very relaxed. They have a great sri lankan curry night, good selection of fresh teas and are able to assist with all sorts of things. The bungalows are very cool the garden room a bit more luxurious with a bathroom and hot water. During the rain it gets very intense but in a good way you experience the weather without really getting wet.

Really nice hostel. Great bar and ambience. Nice rooms and clean toilets. Right in front of the beach!

For young, dirty, smoking hippies. Very basic facilities. Staff who pick their nose whilst serving breakfast. Don't go if you're over 25...

• 19th Jun 2015

Super slow! We had to wait over an hour to be checked out and always had to wait at least 45 minutes for any food to arrive - on several occasions I was told they didn't have the ingredients for my order but only after half an hour of waiting. The place is severely understaffed and communication is lacking. Beds were comfy enough but 3 beds in our dorm got soaked due to the rain. The place is wasting its potential to be amazing probably down to all the joints being passed around.

• 15th Jun 2015

Really lovely place on the beach with a gorgeous social area. Food was really really tasty and the beds were a good size. We'll be staying here again. Service is slow and I saw a rat run across the ceiling in my room but that's kind of expected in this area.

Great crumpets!

• 5th Jun 2015

STAY HERE. Absolutely my favourite hostel that I visited whilst in Cambodia. The staff and the atmosphere make this place. Its friendly and sociable without being forced. The general bar/resto area is the best place to hang out or relax (and eat, the food is gooood) and the easiness of getting to the beach is perfect. Felt welcome at this place as soon as I walked in. Ended up staying for far longer than intended. With no regrets of course.

Really chill environment, great music and the staff very obviously care about guest experience and cleanliness of the hostel. The private rooms are basic but comfortable enough. The dorm rooms are just mattresses on the floor but they provide mosquito nets and I haven't heard anyone complaining about being uncomfortable. Best hostel I've been to in the Sihanoukville area.

• 5th Jun 2015

Wish you were here?More like I wish we never set eyes on this hell hole. Probably the worst hostel I've stayed at. Not only did a mouse fall to it's bloody death, from the ceiling, into our room, but a rat decided that he was in the mood for mice.Dragging the carcus of the mouse and eating it, inches away from our beds and backpacks. To top it off, the hostel's dog chewed my friends shoes to pieces.They also lost a piece of our laundry. The staff were so unhelpful and unapologetic it's laughable

I really liked this place. Staff and owners were very friendly and there Was a relaxed atmosphere without it being overdone. I stayed one Night with my six year old daughter and we both had a Nice experience. We were even offered free crumpets which is a first for all the places we've stayed, so thumps up really!

Very crowded place and not enough staff .Took forever to check in and huts provided inadequate .Very hot and no really adequate fan .Way to many people staying there and so decided to cancel .The place looks ok. However behind front desk poor facilities inadequate toilets and showers,better value in other surrounding guesthouses .Menu quite expensive as well for a hostel Wouldn't recommend

Thank u for your review. I’m sorry you did not enjoy your time in our home. Check in is 2pm and unfortunately we can only check in 1 person at a time, it dose take a little time, as we are on a beautiful beach there is always an amazing view to let the time slide by while you are waiting and being patient for our awesome staff. Wet season is not so busy, it sounds like this would have been a perfect time for you to travel on the backpacker root in South East Asia. hope you enjoyed your trip :)

View all Sihanoukville Bed and Breakfasts