Wish You Were Here... Backpackers.Bar.Restaurant. Reviews

Sangkat 4, Mittakpheap, Otres Beach, Sihanoukville, Cambodia

Really nice hostel. Great bar and ambience. Nice rooms and clean toilets. Right in front of the beach!

For young, dirty, smoking hippies. Very basic facilities. Staff who pick their nose whilst serving breakfast. Don't go if you're over 25...

• 19th Jun 2015

Super slow! We had to wait over an hour to be checked out and always had to wait at least 45 minutes for any food to arrive - on several occasions I was told they didn't have the ingredients for my order but only after half an hour of waiting. The place is severely understaffed and communication is lacking. Beds were comfy enough but 3 beds in our dorm got soaked due to the rain. The place is wasting its potential to be amazing probably down to all the joints being passed around.

Really lovely place on the beach with a gorgeous social area. Food was really really tasty and the beds were a good size. We'll be staying here again. Service is slow and I saw a rat run across the ceiling in my room but that's kind of expected in this area.

Great crumpets!

• 5th Jun 2015

STAY HERE. Absolutely my favourite hostel that I visited whilst in Cambodia. The staff and the atmosphere make this place. Its friendly and sociable without being forced. The general bar/resto area is the best place to hang out or relax (and eat, the food is gooood) and the easiness of getting to the beach is perfect. Felt welcome at this place as soon as I walked in. Ended up staying for far longer than intended. With no regrets of course.

Really chill environment, great music and the staff very obviously care about guest experience and cleanliness of the hostel. The private rooms are basic but comfortable enough. The dorm rooms are just mattresses on the floor but they provide mosquito nets and I haven't heard anyone complaining about being uncomfortable. Best hostel I've been to in the Sihanoukville area.

• 5th Jun 2015

Wish you were here?More like I wish we never set eyes on this hell hole. Probably the worst hostel I've stayed at. Not only did a mouse fall to it's bloody death, from the ceiling, into our room, but a rat decided that he was in the mood for mice.Dragging the carcus of the mouse and eating it, inches away from our beds and backpacks. To top it off, the hostel's dog chewed my friends shoes to pieces.They also lost a piece of our laundry. The staff were so unhelpful and unapologetic it's laughable

I really liked this place. Staff and owners were very friendly and there Was a relaxed atmosphere without it being overdone. I stayed one Night with my six year old daughter and we both had a Nice experience. We were even offered free crumpets which is a first for all the places we've stayed, so thumps up really!

Very crowded place and not enough staff .Took forever to check in and huts provided inadequate .Very hot and no really adequate fan .Way to many people staying there and so decided to cancel .The place looks ok. However behind front desk poor facilities inadequate toilets and showers,better value in other surrounding guesthouses .Menu quite expensive as well for a hostel Wouldn't recommend

Thank u for your review. I’m sorry you did not enjoy your time in our home. Check in is 2pm and unfortunately we can only check in 1 person at a time, it dose take a little time, as we are on a beautiful beach there is always an amazing view to let the time slide by while you are waiting and being patient for our awesome staff. Wet season is not so busy, it sounds like this would have been a perfect time for you to travel on the backpacker root in South East Asia. hope you enjoyed your trip :)

Location is great. Staff are super friendly but were pretty disorganised and forgetful. Not sure if this has anything to do with the smell of ganja about the place :o It's a great meeting place though on Otres beach and has some fantastic live music in the bar in the evenings

Thank you for your review and feedback. We take into consideration the advice from reviews and will be looking into better organisational skills for our staff. Safe travels for the rest of your journey and we look forward to your return one day to otres beach.

Staff was really friendly and just super chill & awesome. They have big lockers outside the rooms to put all your stuff with the locks they give you. This was great because you don't hear people messing around with their luggage while you are trying to sleep. My only 2 complaints was that the music from the bar was a little loud when we went to sleep around 10-11pm. Also the bathroom/showers were quite poor; however, this was common for a lot of places in this area.

Thank you for your review. We do turn of our music in the bar from 12 to take into consideration the people that do want an early night. It is very hard at times to please everyone as some people want to stay up and party till the sun rises the next day, while others like to get to sleep early so they can fill the day with new adventures. Toilets are always a struggle to keep spotless when there are so many people using them all at once. We hope the rest of your travels are enjoyable. Thank you.

Really liked the staff they were really friendly and made every thing possible that i could have something vegan. the cashew vegetable curry was the best ive had on my asian trip sofar. if you wanna meet other travellers and in a super nice enviroment thats the place to do it.

Thank you for your awesome review. It was a pleasure to have you stay in our home. We always strive to create a confortable environment for our guests and understand how difficult it can be to meet certain dietary needs when you are travelling in South East Asia. Safe travels.

The bathroom were always quite dirty, and there was seldom any soap in the bathroom dispensers. Also, toilets are very far from the rooms (rooms are all upstairs, all the bathrooms downstairs, kind of a drag), and none of the bathrooms have any mirrors, which is a problem if one is shaving (I never shaved in the three days I stayed here, 'cause it was impossible). However, the staff is quite friendly and nice, and the location is quiet at day, but very loud at night. Not for early risers.

Thank you for your review. There are some very good points that you made and also some very good reasons why we do what we do at Wish You Were Here. The reason why the bathrooms are downstairs is because we can not physically put a bathroom upstairs on floorboards. We also don’t have mirrors so that people don’t shave into the sinks. This blocks and clogs the drain and courses a very frustrating situation for the next person that wants to use the bathroom. Safe travels...

Nice friendly hostel on otres 1. Food is delicious. Relaxed atmosphere although the music is a bit... :-p!

Thank you for your review we hope the rest of your travels were just as enjoyable. Take care ☺

View all Sihanoukville Bed and Breakfasts