Wish You Were Here... Backpackers.Bar.Restaurant. Reviews

Sangkat 4, Mittakpheap, Otres Beach, Sihanoukville, Cambodia

Best place I've stayed in Cambodia by far. Although the dorms are basic each bed comes with a locker which is really useful. Good location. What really makes the place is the staff. They're all super friendly & helpful. On my first night they made sure I had people to talk to, invited me to events through the week. The atmosphere is so nice, really chilled bar area. Make sure you're here for the Sunday Sessions, amazing music & cheap drinks. So good I came back for a 2nd stay.

Nice stay- but really hard matresses!!

I found the hostel to be really overpriced for the facilities it offers. The dorm room has just mattresses on the floor with a mosquito net, it's not very clean and it had no plugs-meaning you had to charge everything in the bar which was really inconvenient. The bathrooms were also shared with the bar, were not very clean and never had toilet paper. If they were only charging 3 euro a night, I wouldn't mind but 7-10 euro a night for such basic facilities was way too much.

Amazing place. We stayed two extra nights becuase we just couldn't leave such great hospitality. We stayed in the double with a shared bath that was nice and safe. The shared bathroom was always clean. Right on the beach, great food, and the bar on the beach! Plan to stay a while with Cat & Aaron and their great staff.

Came here with friends and we loved it - the food/rooms and people were so good! It's super chilled so if that's what you are after then 100% book here. Only one issue is the bathrooms, they were all downstairs which was a pain when having to shower then run up in a towel. Other than that I loved it and would happily go back!

• 1st Nov 2015

A good place to stay by cambodian standards. Bit of a hassle to get to late at night but worth the effort as the beaches closer to town are filthy. Would definitley stay again, bar / resturant area had nice vibe and staff were friendly.

The hostel was cool but room probably over priced, food was good, location ok if you want to stay in that area but quite far from the main town. We had a dead cockroch in our room :( we was also over charged by $10 on our bill which we didn't realise until we left which isn't good for us as we are on a tight budget! We need to email the hostel about this to see what they can do for us.

Mixed feelings about this place. The bar/lounge area is really nice, you can see the beach from the hammock, people working there are friendly. Then on the other side I think it's overpriced for a mattress on a thin, wobbly floor. Every time someone start walking around - it feels like the stampede that killed Mufasa is going through. Showers are very tiny and combined with toilets so everything is constantly wet. No toilet paper, shower gel, mirrors and 3/4 of toilet seats were broken.

Had a wonderful stay here, made my stay at otres beach all the better. Nice simple dorm, always clean, good food and atmosphere with helpful staff. Fully recommend!

The location and porch were the best parts of this place. I could have stayed in one of their swings and made my way to the beach everyday...truly paradise. However, the accomodation itself was one step up from camping. While most hostels and guesthouses have stepped up in recent years, this one remains simply a roof over your head and running water behind a closed door. A lot of the guests seemed to be very comfortable while I was there so as long as you don't mind camping in paradise...

I really enjoyed my stay here. The staff were friendly in the bar area, making sure that solo travellers had someone to talk to. I thought my private bungalow was charming and I appreciated the easy access to a variet of foods and drinks. The one thing that could possibly be improved is security. I did ask whether there

You get what you pay for. The dorm room is just matress on floor with mosquito net and fan. But i love this kind of stay more than a luxurious one. Just right next to the otres beach which is okay, it was raining when i came so i havent had a chance to explore. Great chilled atmosphere. A great place for hipsters. I think so. Anyway i love this place. And planning to come back after finish exploring nearby countries!

Extended my stay twice, stayed for 7 days and returned after a quick visit to Arcadia in Kampot. I loved this guesthouse so much. Great food and good Staff (Júan is the man!). Live Music on Sundays, good Mexican Food, Happy hours and all day 50cent beer on Wednsday. Dormitry is big enough for 6 to 8 people. The best thing i remember: the people and the constantly great music in the bar. Only pain in the ass: Frank the Barkeeper! Travelled 3 years and found the best spot on the last step!

a pretty good hostel versus those in the centre on sihanoukville, one issue i had was with this snotty american bar man with the sailor jerry tattoos, had a text book case of a superiority complex, they should dump this bloke asap

Staff really helpful and get involved with party life side of things.

BYO toilet paper, otherwise awesome hostel. love the bar area and chill atmosphere!

Had the best time relaxing, meeting people and eating delicious food. Best hostel we stayed in on our travels through SE Asia.

We had an amazing stay at wish! The staff is very kind and the atmosphere is very relaxed. They have a great sri lankan curry night, good selection of fresh teas and are able to assist with all sorts of things. The bungalows are very cool the garden room a bit more luxurious with a bathroom and hot water. During the rain it gets very intense but in a good way you experience the weather without really getting wet.

Really nice hostel. Great bar and ambience. Nice rooms and clean toilets. Right in front of the beach!

For young, dirty, smoking hippies. Very basic facilities. Staff who pick their nose whilst serving breakfast. Don't go if you're over 25...

• 19th Jun 2015