WoW Hostel Reviews

67B Lorong 27 Geylang, Above JAS Medical, Next to Aljunied MRT Station, Singapore, Singapore

BED BUGS EVERYWHERE!!! They add on an extra 10% service charge on top of the service charge you've already paid. i had travelled for 3 and a half weeks before this hostel and have never been asked for this extra payment before. Bed bugs were everywhere in our room and when we called the worker to help us he sprayed something on the bed and left, the bugs were on our clothes in our bags and up the walls. DO NOT STAY HERE

• 23rd Aug 2014
  • Scotland

Confusing directions led us far away from the hostel, it is literally just around the corner from the station! When we found it, there was no staff and no front desk. We had to call a member of staff even though it was within check-in hours. Seems like families are living here permanently, which is strange. Two men, who seemed to be locals as they didn't have any luggage, came into our dorm in the middle of the night to sleep and left again early. Neighbours have perfect view into the washroom.

It looks cheap but when you get there you have to pay an additional service fee and if you stay one night there's also an extra charge of 3 dollars 😖

• 13th Aug 2014

It was one of the cheapest options I could find. The location was really close to the MRT and a bunch of cheap and delicious food courts. The facilities were cleaned regularly. I also had good interactions with the staff, as I arrived very near the check-in deadline but without complaint.

• 7th Aug 2014

Very nice place staff are friendly save money rooms have air conditioning whole day really fantastic place to perfect location n save money n friendly staff really all nice in this hostel

We stayed for only one hour after we discovered BED BUGS everywhere in our room! We spoke to staff for a refund (which was provided) only because he knew about the bed bugs before we told him. He didn't seem to care, sprayed one bug and went back to his office. Bed bugs were in two different 8 bed dorms and we didn't stay to see the rest. Hidden costs also upon arrival (plus service tax etc), so keep in mind if you brave this place. Has potential but bed bugs are a massive no no.

Singapore is the most clean place in the world but I don't think so when I stay in this hostel, I even was bited by the kind of insect I don't know, blankets had smell too, and it's too far from the centre. Although Singapore has a very developed traffic system, when all the stores are closed at mid-night it's hard to find somewhere to hang around this area

Why am I rating this hostel so poorly? - Service is poor - staff is incompetent - showers have cockroaches - hidden fees when booking - no lockers for luggage - got bunkbeds after specifically asking for a normal bed The only good thing about this establishment is its proximity to the MRT station.

• 17th Jul 2014
  • Belgium

A really cheap place to stay in such an expensive city....location was awesome....dorms were good, well air conditioned. Though there were some restrictions, the hostel was a pretty decent one. The land lady was really friendly, but no breakfast was provided. The best part was the massage chair....

This is the worst Hostelworld hostel I have ever stayed at; something you wouldn't necessarily expect for Singapore.Every aspect of this place was bad.Firstly from start to end, this place is somewhat difficult to find; no signs accept that of another hostel located on the floor below.Upon arrival you will meet the three worst & moodiest staff ever, followed by excessive bed bug bites, a cold shower (no hot water), abysmal wifi (absolutely no connection whatsoever) and zero atmosphere.AWFUL!

Its located in the red light district. Once you get there you have to pay an additional 10% of tax so read the info carefully.. Its good if you are planing to stay one night

I think it is Not fair to Write a Low Price on hostelworld and put extreme additional Charges that are Hidden somewhere in the Description Text!

Do not get fooled by the total amount when u book, they will charge u 10% more when u get here with $30 deposit for the keys, I suppose it is considered as hidden charges

• 5th Jul 2014
  • Pakistan

The staff was not good, not at all helping. The gave me the hottest room and despite it being the mixed room they deliberately never sent a girl to occupy a bed in that room and placed them in different rooms. When I asked them to shift me to a different room they kept on saying maybe tomorrow but never shifted me. When I asked for my refund as I wanted to check out earlier, they said they don't refund any money unlike other hostels. They didn't have any breakfast facility.

It was pretty much everything I would want from a hostel. A comfortable bed (with 2 pillows!), lockers, kitchen area, living room area with a sofa and a massive tv to watch movies on. The location was wonderful - right next to the MRT station which takes you pretty much anywhere for not much - and it was cheap, at least by Singapore standards. Great hostel.

Not very clean at all, the dorms are totally overcrowded.

Comfy & clean hostel. Excellent staff (Yew Fai Loh), he helped us throughout almost everything, make the stay feel like home.

A great located hostel with friendly and helpful staff. Beds are very comfortable

The facilities are not up to scratch and are all crammed in. With 8 beds in the tiny room there is no place to put your bags. The staff weren't very friendly and they were many people living there and used the lounge room so you were unable to use it. Not a friendly atmosphere and staff were not very helpful. POSITIVE: easy access to and from airport and the train station.

Not very happy with the Transpency of the payment cause the Actual Payment differed from the amount I was asked to pay by hostel world.com

• 14th Jun 2014