WoW Hostel Reviews

67B Lorong 27 Geylang, Above JAS Medical, Next to Aljunied MRT Station, Singapore, Singapore

This is one of my favourite go to hostels in the city. Sadly, it seems to be running itself down. It's cleaned by a lovely old Chinese woman who does an amazing job. .It's halfway to the airport from the city and just under the MRT. It's also just next to Aljunied hawker food which is my fav cheap food in the city. Fruit stalls are everywhere as well, as are buses going everywhere. It's a great location.

Cheap hostel, steps from train to City. Lots of reasonable restaurants around. Management friendly. Overall good value for the money. Cleaning woman, lots of confusion, only Chinase.

Fantastic location, very close to the mrt station and you didn't hear the trains. The location description on the mail from hostel world was very precise and we could go there directly. Ok, showers that got cleaned every day, not so clean room. Really weird that you had to check out without any staff there.

Tôi sẽ trở lại đây lần tới!

• 23rd Jan 2015
  • Vietnam

It is a decent place considering its price. Good location right infront of MRT station and very quiet. There are many good cheap restaurants aroynd. Receptionist are very unattentive, meaning they are never there, so you need to call them when you need them. Its not guaranteed if they pick up the phone.

The best thing about WoW hostel is its location. It is right near a MRT station and only about 20 minutes from the airport. The private rooms are small but comfortable. This was now my third time staying with them and I would stay there again.

Very cramped space even in double room

Rooms need a deep clean. Much Appreciated late check out at no extra cost. For a stop over or 1 night stay good valua and very accessible to aljuneid MRT

Hard to find, pay close attention to the description of how to get there. Its around the corner from a Western bar called "the ranch" (or something like that). Clean, quiet, comfortable, close to subway easy to get to airport and downtown. Met all my needs as a backpacker, but wasn't particularly special. Still, I'd go back there.

Wow hostel is not in the best part of Singapore, but at least here I could see another face of the country and it was easy to find cheap food and grocery stores near by. I stayed here in the 8beds dorm for 2 nights. The room was quite clean and the shower/toilet also was well maintained, but I couldn't use the device to have hot water. The staff is helpful and there is a massage chair in the lobby.

Check-in and check-out an absolute disaster and unfriendly/unhelpful staff. For the rest the comfort is in line with price and value for money ok except for service.

We found lice...a lot of lice. We didn't sleep at all, spent all the night cleaning our clothes. At least the owner gave our money back

• 15th Jan 2015

calm, and near the Aljunaid MRT

It's just at the foot of the mrt so you can easily get into to town within ten minutes, ,many restaurants and cheap food courts around which is appreciated when you're a backpacker. We found Elvin, who runs the place, very attentive and nice, gave us tips and genuinely interested in our travels. We even got upgraded to a private room from dorm, thanks!

Alvin (the owner) is a great guy who helps you where he can. He was flexible when we asked to leave our bags in the room when we were out of town of 2 days. The hostel has fairly new facilities and the community room had all the basics you need. We stayed in the private twin. Be sure to ask for the double bed otherwise you end up in a bunk bed.

I spent 3 nights at the WOW Hostel, and I do recommend the place. Cheap, just 25 Euros for 3 nights. Friendly manager named Elvin. Hot water in the shower, toilet paper as well.

• 21st Dec 2014

Well short I expexted some more effort! I came as anounced at 5pm for my check in just to wait in front of the door to be buzed in by one of the clients than i could not get hold of one of the receptionists. And they turned up 1h later pointing at a sign where it has been stated that the reception is only occupied from 6pm onwards. How shall I know if I did not get told in while i did the booking. Than the surprise of the bill. It was the amount plus plus plus and all things wherent mentioned.

I have stayed here many times while transiting through Singapore. The location is perfect as it is only a short ride from the airport and only about another 10 minutes into the city. The hostel is a one-minute walk from the metro station. Great value and comfortable beds.

We booked a room on twin sharing basis for 5 nights. The room that was offered to us had two bunk beds one over each other. The Air conditioner was not working at all. The overall space within the room was only 8 ft x 5 ft. The room did not have even a single almirah to hold our clothes. Overall, it was a horrible experience and we cancelled our booking. The booking amount (12%) was forfeited. The staff said to us that if you want to take room then its fine, else there are other customers also.

• 7th Dec 2014
  • India

So the problem with this place is its infested with some kind of bug.maybe bed bugs or lice or something. I slept in the bunk room bed for 2 hours and when I awoke I had literally hundreds of bites on my body. Moving to the living room 'massage' chair was no better as that seemed to be infested too. I really can't understand how the owners can allow this. It needs to be fumigated by the exterminator or condemned. All my belonging got infested. Hostelworld ban this place its disgusting.

• 5th Dec 2014