Wombat Backpackers

Good 261 Total Reviews

• USA, Male, 25-30
12th Jan 2017
2.0

My experience at Wombat hostel was not a pleasant one. They cancelled my booking and relocated me without responding to a single email, did not forward all of my information correctly to the new hostel & expected me to pay the same amount for less service. The hostel (Hive) they transferred me to was disgusting (worst hostel I've seen and I've stayed in third world countries). The employees at Hive were at least nice and understanding. Avoid the Wombats chain in general- never have good service.

10th Dec 2016

Cheap hostel located 15-20 minutes away from central Perth. Very basic, but you get exactly what you pay for, Free breakfast was a bonus. Lockers are provided for valuables. Helpful staff, not a great atmosphere.

• Malaysia, Male, 25-30
26th Nov 2016
4.9

No air conditioner and bad hygiene.

• China, Female, 25-30
7th Nov 2016

i really liked the staff at the backpacker, they helped me out when i needed it. the hostel was cheap and a little messy but there was free breakfast and wifi

• England, Female, 31-40
27th Sep 2016
3.1

Door was unlocked when arrived at 1am from airport, and remained propped open all day the following day. Our bedding was left out by reception and only enough for one person (we paid for 2) and when we reported it the next day they said "oh someone must have taken it" with no refund or discount. We had to share a single bed and single duvet to stay warm. Bathroom was filthy and the whole space was vacant of any atmosphere. The most enjoyable part was leaving.

• France, Female, 25-30
3rd Sep 2016
3.7

I've hardly ever seen such a dirty hostel. Room was smelling bad, shower dirty, same for toilets, I did not enjoy staying there and do not recommend it.

• Canada, Female, 25-30
29th Aug 2016
5.7

After 24 hours of flying I had a shower that went ice cold mid hair wash, it did not get hot again. This was at midnight so couldn't be because of other users. The floor was dirty and covered in hair, the rooms had people's things everywhere. No lockers to put bag in inside room, just small old ones in common area. Breakfast was bread and cereal strewn all over kitchen. Far walk to town. Stayed one night, would not again. Pay the extra 5 and stay somewhere better.