Wombat Backpackers Reviews

195, Hay Street, Perth, Western Australia, Australia

Good cheap accommodation. Good vibes as alcohol free

• 3rd Apr 2014

Hi there, We do appreciate your kind comment. Thank You

This was the worst hostel we have been in WA.We booked a room with a double bed and got 2 single beds.The dorms were next to our rooms and the wall was not until the end of the room,that's why we heard every word the people talked in the dorms.So we paid for a room and basically had a dorm.The showers were awful,there is no place where you can put your towel and you can see the other people through the glass.The toilets were dirty and there was no soap. The location is 25 min to railway station

Hi there, Thanks for your comment. We only offer a Twin room as how we have advertised on hostelworld. We do not offer a double room. You were in a Twin room with walls and i am not sure how you classified it as a dorm room. We do have hooks for the towels in the showers.

Nice place for short stay. Perfect wifi-internet access. The only really annoying thing was room cleaning on time despite the fact that some people on the room are still sleeping that is why only average on staff.

• 1st Apr 2014
  • Czech Republic

Hi there, Thank You for your kind comment

It s not an hostel... just scamming... the worst mattress of the world in our dormitory, nothing to cook in the kitchen, no common space to meet with others travellers... the hostel have just 5 showers for males and 3 for females and it s not clean (as all the hostel...). In our dormitory, we had screws in the wall, hole in the door, no lockers in the room... the owner just want to make money with backpackers ! You want to enjoy Perth ??? Don t go there ! only good thing, free wifi

thanks for your comment. we provide sufficient utensils to cook, if there is nothing in the kitchen, guest are advised to come and see the reception staffs. We have a backyard area, tv room and coomon area for travellers to meet as well. lockers are provided too. next time, please ask reception staffs for some infos before assuming any negative assumptions. thank you

When i walked into the dorm, it was the worst smell i'd ever experienced. It was like someone had shat themselves. There was little or no ventilation so the smell remained for the whole of my stay.

Hi David Thanks for your comment. we have fixed the problem now. our sincere apology from the management. Thank You

Thank you!!

While at first we were not too impressed by the hostel it did grow on us. It had a really chilled out atmosphere, the staff were very friendly and helpful and was easy to meet other travellers either in the TV room or on the terrace. Some of the facilities are a bit old (shower, kitchen etc) but it does offer free wifi although the signal is iffy. Pool table free but bad! Close to free bus into Perth. Frequently organising hostel nights out. Mattress not the best. Would and have stayed again.

Hi Darren Thank you for your kind comments. We will try to improve them soon

This hostel seemed homely as it is not one of the main big commercial ones. I only stayed one night at Wombat between things. The staff are really nice and easy to deal with. It is closer to the city than most. The showers are not set up well at all, they lack storage space for clothing. My bed was very comfortable so I had a great rest, though the air conditioning in the room wasn't very good. For a cheaper stay I would stay here over the scummy places I've stayed at in Northbridge any day.

Hi Abel, Thank You so much for your kind comments

nice hostel, very nice staff. but the facilities were a bit old so even if they clean it they look always dirty (or maybe they are?) in general we enjoyed our stay, even if it is a bit expensive compared to the service.

Kitchen was a bit shoddy.....as in there was very limites utensils, pots and pans No curtain in the bedroom so we were up at 5am every morning with the sun. Front door was never locked and people in area looked dodgy. Maybe lock the door. There was a code for the door......use the lock and use the code Other than that, excellent staff, free wifi, nice location, free bus outside into city

Too much noise from the patio at night with people talking and listening to music.

There are shops close by including a liquer shop and the free bus into central perth was a short walf down the road. The atmosphere was great though the no drinking policy was bit of a let down. Staff were friendly and were easy to approach. The only real downside i found was my bed which was just a sheet of foam rather than a proper spring matress.

• 27th Jan 2014

Every can walk in and out as they like, you don't need your key at all! You need to hire cutlery which is annoying. It is not clean, there were no showers on our floor. The dorm did not have any windows and no air-conditioning. The washing mashines made my clothes dirtier than before...

Staff were friendly but this hostel is in major need of renovation. No parking and no air con in perth are you kiddin me? Internet also barely worked.

The bathrooms were pretty dirty, even though I did see one of the staff cleaning them, I think there were just too many people using them. Our room was near the men's toilet so it stank! Also, there was no A/C in the room - for AUD35 this is absolutely unacceptable - we couldn't sleep as it was the height of summer and we just sweated all night (not helped by the plastic sheets under the bedsheets - do people actually soil the beds?!!!). It was the worst hostel I stayed in on six months travel

I liked staying there 😊

Very good hostel! We paid for bunks in a large dorm, but when there wasn't space available, we were upgraded to a private twin for free! Awesome! Good location-- close to the main drag but not too close. Free wifi- always a happy thing. Nice kitchen and cool cookware scheme! Also, we were treated to a free barbecue! Fantastic! In a country where everything is so expensive, free food made my day! The facilities are a tad dingy, but nothing unususal for a hostel. Had a great stay! Thanks!

nice hostel, I enjoyed my stay here!

• 22nd Dec 2013

i enjoyed my stay at wombat 1 day turned into 1 week! it is a nice quirte atmosphere but at the same time they organise partyies bbq nights out which for me was nice. i would stay here again. it does need more sofas though

• 21st Dec 2013

Hostel was tidy, staff freindly location great what more did i need

• 21st Dec 2013