Wombats City Hostel Berlin Reviews

Alte Schoenhauser Strasse 2, Berlin, Germany

Great - nice location. There is a super beer/coffee/cafe located around the corner "Kaschk". what more could you want!!

• 24th Mar 2015

Wombats has yet to disappoint me, and Berlin is no exception. Clean and welcoming, with plenty of room to party and hang out but plenty of quiet space. Breakfast was standard, but €4 well spent before a day on the town. Only complaints were that the wifi did not work in the room AT ALL, and neither did the outlet by the bed I chose. Didn't matter too much for a 1-night stay but still inconvenient.

• 23rd Mar 2015

Superb location (1 min to U-bahn station), room was spacious and clean, met a lot of amazing people here! Definitely staying here again for my next visit to Berlin!

• 17th Mar 2015
  • Hong Kong

Stayed here with a few friends after our trip to Amsterdam. Great location near the Rosa Luxemburg U-Bahn. Found the underground easy to get around on. Went to see Noel Gallagher which was 2 stops from here! Bar was cheap and room was well priced. Didn't sample the breakfast but ate locally. Would recommend the Vietnamese across the road. Amazing!!

Great hostel!

Love Wombats. This ones a bit out of the way, but it's close to the u-Bahn so it's easy to get around. Spacious rooms, the lockers are great, rooftop bar and terrace was a nice touch. Breakfast is €3.80 and worth it. Great security. Staff are helpful and there's plenty of information on things to do and how to get there.

Change the beds. You cannot sleep comfortably because of the mattress.

• 16th Mar 2015
  • Greece

It is a great hostel. I would come back. It was a bit noisy at night when others came home, but this did not bother me.

• 14th Mar 2015
  • Switzerland

good hostel. was really clean and comfortable beds. also liked the kitchen you can use for cooking. recommend the breakfast next door. all in all I really enjoyed my time here.

We checked in late Friday evening, after a long travel day, only to have to try to quietly make our beds as our roommate was sleeping. It was inconvenient to have to make our beds and we felt quite bad for the sleeping person already in the room, as it was loud to open the sheets, fit them on the mattress, around the duvet and over the pillow. This was the beginning of many disappointments.

• 13th Mar 2015

I stayed in female dorm; this was the biggest dorm i've stayed ever! Maybe it was low season so that it was not crowdy at all. Location is easy to reach. BTW, I got a free drink coupon in the top floor bar!

• 11th Mar 2015
  • Taiwan

Could be more clean than it was, but I guess that depends also on your room mates. Nice facilities, nice staff, felt really secure with great lockers, good atmosphere and a very cheap/good breakfast

Rooms were good. Location is okay but a little bit of a walk from downtown so if you are looking for something right in the middle this might not be it. Wifi was good the first day but not working my second night and the breakfast is just okay.

Have heard real horror stories about hostels so was dreading going with the cheap option but wombats was brilliant. Nice people, good security 30seconds walk to the Ubahn and two stops to a major interchange made getting around easy. I think I paid around 50 - 55 euros for 5 days for a bed in room with three other girls excellent value for a clean safe room in the heart of berlin.

• 9th Mar 2015

Great place to stay in Berlin, only problem in my personal opinion is that guests are drunk all the time.

Great stay!!!

Considering this was a well known hostel we were disappointed. Room was spacious but full of dust. The shower started flooding after 5 mins or so, meaning if more than one person wanted to shower we had to stop regularly to let the water drain. Bar upstairs was lacklustre at best and the free drink I got (white wine) I couldn't even finish it tasted so bad. Location was not great. Lockers were key card access. Good kitchen with free pasta but no common area. Breakfast worth it for 3.80.

People at the front desk are awesome and super helpful with everything. I really enjoyed my stay there and it was pretty centrally located. Metro is easy to figure out and the brochures at the front desk are helpful if you want to do any tours - I did the concentration camp tour which was well worth the twelve euro cost! Only advice, don't eat at the restaurant downstairs, especially if you're looking for a burger because they are not too great. Great stay though!!

The rooms are very big, the breakfast and the restaurant are great...

Superb hostel - excellent value for money - brilliant staff - Rooftop bar is really fun - an all-round top hostel

• 6th Mar 2015