Wombats City Hostel Berlin Reviews

Alte Schoenhauser Strasse 2, Berlin, Germany

Great hostel! Located a 1 min walk to underground and 142 bus to hbf and 15 mins walk to Alexanderplatz. Bunch of great restaurants in the area. Staff is amazing! So helpful! Hostel was clean and comfortable. Our room on 4th floor had amazing view. I would definitely come back!

I had a really enjoyable time at Wombats. All of my various room mates were very friendly, and my room and bathroom were very clean (and cleaned daily). Breakfast is cheap at €3.80, and served in the cafe in the hostel (which also serves nice cheap meals). WomBar on the roof is fantastic - the views across the city were fab! Location is great - 1 metro stop or 10 mins walk from Alexanderplatz. It's a shame I'm not in another city with a Wombat's on my trip otherwise I would be staying there!

• 23rd Jul 2015

The hostel is easy to find and close to a metro station. It is in a good area, with a few bars nearby and a supermarket just down the road. The staff are quite helpful and do their best to help you. The hostel is very large and is a different atmosphere compared to smaller ones- it feels more of a hotel. Clean rooms, cheap breakfast, rooms cleaned daily, good washing and cooking facilities . Decent wifi and a decent bar upstairs. Lockers in room are large and secure. Cannot fault it.

loved this hostel, the staff are amazing they have a great kitchen, it's in a great location. Cool mix of travelers here and great place to meet people. My only compliant was that WiFi didn't reach my room in the first room I stayed in, i switched rooms and it did reach the second time.

Good hostel with a brilliant rooftop bar that gets pretty busy most nights. But far from some of the big clubs but central for a lot of the sightseeing stuff

Absolutely amazing place! Best place we stayed during our time in Europe. Highly recommended.

This hostel has a great location near a metro, in a cool area of Berlin. The rooftop bar is really cool, the staff are super nice and the kitchen is great (with an outside garden). Place has a good vibe. Also a minutes walk away from some top foodie places. Overall, brilliant stay.

I don't know why, but all wombats hostels have terrible wifi.

Fantastic facilities and room with balcony! The rooftop bar was a great addition to the hostel, which we throughly enjoyed (free welcome drinks was a nice touch)! Friendly, helpful staff who gave great recommendations and information. Very high standard hostel that I would definitely recommend. Location was good, supermarket, restaurants etc. close by but to see Berlin properly you have to use the metro (something that is unavoidable due to how big the city is).

The rooftop terrace bar with a view of the city is the best part. It feels like a mega hostel with a party vibe and less personal. Felt very geared towards the younger college crowd. I was happy to find lockers in the room with locks included, reading lights and plugs for each bed, and they didn't charge for towels. I didn't like that there was no soap of any kind in the bathroom (no hand soap? really?!) and no air conditioning or fans, which made for a sweaty and smelly room.

Great hostel. We stayed in a 6 bed dorm which was huge. The ensuite bathroom was really clean and a great plus. Great rooftop bar that kicks off especially during happy hour. A little bit far to walk to very where (but Berlin is huge so that's normal). It is right near 2 different train lines though and day tickets aren't very expensive. I also liked the fresh herb garden that was available to use in the kitchen. Overall we had a great stay!

• 15th Jul 2015

Lockers are always good and the rooftop bar but for the price it should be cleaner. Very noisy and hot in the rooms.

If you're worried that this is going to be like the hostels from the horror movies you couldn't be more mistaken. This is without a doubt one of the best ways to live cheap, but still great in a big city like Berlin. Especially considering that the bar on the top floor makes it possible for every guest to interact in a way you'd never do at a hotel. Highly recommended and the next time I'm in Berlin, I'll definitely stay there again!

• 13th Jul 2015
  • Sweden

Very lively hostel with spacious dorms and nice bathrooms. Has numerous facilities. Close to bus and tram links as well as shopping areas and restaurants. Would recommend.

Staff are super cool!

Nice facilities and great rooftop bar! Centrally located and wonderful!

Soup is very important

• 11th Jul 2015
  • Turkey

I really enjoyed staying at Wombat's! A bit pricy for what you get, although I would still recommend going there!! The rooftop terrace with bar is just an awesome place to meet people (important, as I was a solo traveller) and drink some really cheap beers!

The only complaint I have is that hand soap and hand towels were not provided in the room bathroom. All other hostels I have stayed in provide these items, including Wombats in Munich. I would think this would be a requirement for sanitary and illness prevention reasons.

Great atmosphere. Made lots of friends and i felt very safe. My only complaint is the breakfast. It seemed a little expensive and not so many options as to what to eat.

• 10th Jul 2015