Wombats City Hostel Berlin Reviews

Alte Schoenhauser Strasse 2, Berlin, Germany

Amazing bang for the buck!!!

This wombats was average. The atmosphere at the bar was very disappointing - which is unusual for a wombats hostel. Apart from that it's centrally located in the city and walking distance to most sights. It's clean and safe, and the staff were all very helpful!

The wifi was terrible, and there were school kids everywhere.

• 25th Feb 2015

Miss the hostel already. Good fun!

Our stay was really great! The room was big enough for six people and even if there was just one bathroom there weren't problems of sort. We loved the cozy and comfortable atmosphere and all the services, like the laundry room, the restaurant, the bar on top, the guest kitchen, the free WiFi and the free set of sheets, were perfect! If we are to do another trip where a Wombat hostel is located in the future, we will surely pick it.

• 24th Feb 2015

Awesome hostel. Clean, lockers for all and free drinks when you arrive. What more do you need?

We really enjoyed our stay at Wombats hostel. The room was nice and clean and the bar area was great. All very good value for money. The only area for improvement I can think of is the reception staff were a little unfriendly (Bar staff were great). Overall a great Stay and I would recommend this hostel to my friends.

• 22nd Feb 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

i just lovee the Wombats. I stayed in Vienna and loved it, so I cooked on Berlin... and didn't regret it. Totally recommend it!!!

Wombats Berlin is a good hostel, but I wouldn't call it great. It doesn't deserve the best in Berlin awards, anyway. It's too big to really connect with anyone, common area not great, the staff are cool but unconcerned, the bar upstairs sucks, and there's nothing really special about it. It's a fine choice, but don't be tempted by the awards into thinking it's something special.

Good hostel with great location.

I'm very disappointed about Wombat's. The only positive point is the central location in Mitte. The staff was ok but sometimes you feel like you are disturbing them or something.. But the worst was that I've found a bed bug in my room !!! Absolutely disgusting !! What a shame for such a famous hostel. I've read so many positive reviews about the Wombat's I was expecting so much better ! More than that, the bed wasn't comfortable and pretty old... Next time I won't stay at the Wombats for sure !!

Some people urgently need to be reminded that a hostel is still a place to sleep, especially at around 3 in the morning. Also the reception staff should give you all the necessary information without you asking again and again.

• 19th Feb 2015

Wombats is the place to stay and Berlin is the place to be! Free lockers, free towels, the breakfast was great for only 3.80 euros (apples, oranges, tomatoes, cucumbers, bread, jam, butter, coffee, latte's, tea etc.). The staff was great and super helpful! Free drink at the rooftop bar, which has a great "happy hour" until midnight ! Very clean and wonderful people. Stay here if you want to have fun, be near a main U station and have your trip made easy!

I stayed in Wombats in Vienna, which was fantastic and led me the stay at Wombats in Berlin. But I stayed in a private double room in Berlin. Since Wombats positions itself as a Hostel instead of a hotel, the settings and facilities in private rooms cannot compare to hotel rooms at the same price. But it is still clean and good, simple though. Staff are friendly as always. Free coupons for each person. No hair dryer in the private room, which was kinda disappointing...

Our room (private apartment) was big,comfortable and spacious with nice balcony. For the question where we can park our car for free,one receptionist sent us really far away (Park and Ride,Pankow Heinersdorf, around 30min by metro) to some shady area.Just later, from the other receptionist I got the information that we could leave our car much closer (3 metro stations from the Hostel).I think they all should know basic inf. where is the nearest place to park for free.Everything else was great:)

• 17th Feb 2015
  • Poland

Had stayed in the same hostel in London and found that the bathrooms were a lot nicer as they were much closer to a window to let them ventilate.

The location is perfect : very central, in Mitte. But apart from that, the rest was pretty bad! The bed and the cushions are dirty, they should defititely do something about it. But the worst is that I've found a bed bug in the bedroom!!! Eh ohh wake up !!! Do some cleaning guys !!!... Definitely not going back to that hotel again. And for that price I can find better.

This hostel was super clean and lovely. Not super close to the train station, but easy access by bus. The staff were not the friendliest and I wouldn't say my experience with them was all that great. The bar on the 7th floor was the highlight and great for meeting new people, but there were no organized outings/events like at other hostels. It was altogether a fine hostel and very modern and lovely, but it would've been better if the staff were actually more involved.

It would be awesome to have better wifi in the bedrooms

• 16th Feb 2015
  • Peru

I have had some bad experience with hostels that had actually a good review. However, Wombats showed me that there are nonetheless great hostels around! We had a room for 2 people (one bed). The room is simple but nicely furnished +balcony. It was generally very silent. A great compliment for the bathroom that was shiny and clean! I did not even fear to take a shower without wearing flipflops. The towels and bedsheets were also perfectly clean. Staff is very friendly. Safety is good.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7