Wombats City Hostel Berlin Reviews

Alte Schoenhauser Strasse 2, Berlin, Germany

We let the dogs out!!

• 11th Sep 2014

Although I was only there one night I enjoyed my stay.Staff were very friendly and helpful with questions that I had.Rooms were well set out,large and clean and the ensuite was nice and big.Wifi only worked in the lobby area but that's no big deal.security of hostel was quite good and it was never really noisy.

The wombats lives up to its reputation of a great party hotel. The terrace bar is simply awesome and everybody is thr in the evening. U will do a lot of socializing is the hostel and the staff are well informed on everything in the city and helpful

I had never stayed in a hostel before, so I was quite anxious about the stay but I was very impressed with the wombats! It was actually better than a few hotels that I've stayed in!

• 8th Sep 2014
  • Northern Ireland

Very good! Probably the best hostel i've ever been

Great hostel, big lockers in every room, helpful friendly staff, good location and clean rooms. This is my second time at wombats Berlin and I'll always stay here when I'm in Berlin.

The staff wasn't that nice...but the place is cool though.

It was awesomeeeeee best hostel ever

• 4th Sep 2014
  • Egypt

We will recommend your hostel to all youngsters and people who will spend some nights in Berlin with low budget. Thank you for being there. Ulrika from Berg/Pfalz, Germany

• 2nd Sep 2014
  • All Female Group, 41+

Wombats can be easily reached from the train station with a bus. About a 15 mins journey. It's near to subways. The view on the top floor is pretty amazing. The hostel is one of the better ones i have stayed in.

• 2nd Sep 2014
  • Myanmar

Had problem with hot water. Otherwise everything else was good. Free wifi that goes through whole building. Lounge area kind of small. Friendly enough staff. Ohh and they offer bike rental... but my bike chain broke..

Awesome atmosphere with a very helpful staff - I have already recommended the location to three other friends!

• 29th Aug 2014

Pretty average in general. Of all the hostels I've stayed in this has to be the most boring. No activities organized, but at least it was quiet when it needed to be. Only good thing going for it is the awesome view from the terrace. Except it's only open from 6pm according to staff. As many others say, the WiFi is useless. If you're lucky you get it in your room. Otherwise you need to hang in the lobby.

• 29th Aug 2014
  • New Zealand

I stayed at Wombats City Hostel, Berlin from 28 August to 03 September 2014 with my wife on vacation; we were for the first time in Berlin and indeed in Germany. My daughter joined us from USA. I will never forget those few days. It was simply wonderful!

• 28th Aug 2014
  • India

Nice staff, cool bar and rooftop they even sell flip flops :) the hostel is one station away from alexanderPlatz, perfect.

I took 3 showers 3 times cold water, the locker was broken and none was able to fix it, a guy was sleeping in my bed, a guy from the reception was rude, the breakfast is not great, the check out at 10 am is just insane, expecially for berlin night life. + good location, clean, a girl from the reception is super cool, breakfast is cheap and all you can eat

A great hostel. Knowledgable staff. Great set out with a rooftop bar. Rooms set out well and there is a kitchen downstairs as well. Overall, a great stay.

Very helpful staff and flexible arrangements. Each room has its own bathroom. Terrace at the top is cool.

First hostel I stayed at during my backpacking trip through Europe. Nice clean hostel with good security. Good breakfast for 3,80 euro and nice bar on top of hostel. The hostel is only a 15 minute walk from museum inland. If you do not want to walk to the downtown area the u bahn is right around the corner. Staff was great. Staff member called the airport for me to check on my lost luggage. Only complaint was this was a slightly party hostel. Overall a very good hostel.

• 26th Aug 2014

Really enjoyed my stay! I shall definitely be recommending Wombat's to others. (My only niggle would be that the kitchen became overcrowded during meal times as there was simply not enough surface space.)

• 25th Aug 2014