Wombats City Hostel Berlin Reviews

Alte Schoenhauser Strasse 2, Berlin, Germany

Great location (we'd spotted Wombats when in the neighbourhood on a previous trip to Berlin), excellent transport connections. Staff were friendly, large rooms and an amazing view from the rooftop bar (excellent prices on the drinks too). Would definitely book again.

Rooms were clean, which is usually a pretty tough thing to achieve in a room of 6 guys. The Staff was great. They helped out with suggestions on what to do and how to get there as well as printing train/plane tickets and suggestions on where to go in my future destinations. Rooftop bar and the happy hour was great (€1 beers!). Only criticism would be the lack of hostel-run activities.

• 12th Aug 2014

Great hostel! They keep your luggage for free and you can even have a shower before you leave for the airport even if you've already checked out! Really nice staff. Rooms are clean. Would suggest to add a mirror in the rooms and not only in the bathrooms.

• 11th Aug 2014
  • Switzerland

Overall the hostel was good. The biggest annoyance was that the lockers use the room key card and not locks - my friends locker was damaged and you could pull open the locker even when it was 'locked'. The rooftop bar was nice and happy hour was good deals. We did not have AC and were on the first level right on a busy street - so you have the windows open do you don't overheat but then have loud traffic/people all night/day.

wombats berlin is a great place to stay, close to main underground stations, check out good morning vietnam, restaurant across the street!!

• 11th Aug 2014
  • New Zealand

This was my third time staying at a Wombats hostel. I've definitely enjoyed them. They are clean and secure. I particularly enjoyed the rooftop bar in this hostel. The only real downside was my room was on the loud street and we had to keep the window open because it was so hot. Perhaps a bigger fan in the room would've been nice.

The hostel in itself was great. Location, atmosphere, etc... But I had the terrible experience to have bedbugs in my room. I got bitten over 50 times all over my body and it was just horrible.

• 9th Aug 2014
  • Switzerland

I stayed in a private ensuite room with my boyfriend and Wombat's was perfect for us. The room was very clean, had a nice bathroom and a little balcony. The hostel's location is ideal, all the cool stuff is pretty much in walking distance. Wifi wasn't working in the rooms, but 1€ beers (during happy hour) on the rooftop terrace with a view of the sun setting over Berlin totally made up for that.

This was the best hostel I've stayed at while traveling. The staff were very friendly and helpful, and everything was really clean and comfortable in the rooms. The hostel is one stop away from Alexanderplatz and is a great location.The sky bar was so fun and welcoming, however the staff in the bar aren't as nice as the ones at reception. My locker in my room was broken and the bathrooms could use some soap, however despite these two things the hostel was great and I would definitely recommend.

Very impressed, lovely staff, very helpful. Awesome, hot showers. There was an odd gentleman staying in my room one night who I didn't feel comfortable being around but the reception staff were very friendly and offered me another room. The WiFi is far from ideal and feather pillows aren't great for someone with asthma but apart from that, all good.

• 8th Aug 2014

The bar and the roof terrace are really nice. The atmosphere is great and it's very easy to meet new people there. They also give you a free drink on arrival and have a happy hour with cheaper drinks at the bar.

Great hostel. We had a double room and the bathroom was really modern and clean.

Fantastic. Highly recommend

• 7th Aug 2014

I think the room could be cheaper for a single person, considering it was quite a hectic noisy hostel, The staff were friendly and helpful though. i would have liked to have been warned as a single person that i would be placed under the roof bar, which kept me awake with a stamping army style drinking game which kept me awake till past 3am and people were very noisy in the hallways at these times. wifi didnt work well in my room which i was told when i arrived. breakfast was good.

• 6th Aug 2014

Had a great few days in Berlin. This was made even more enjoyable by staying in such a great hostel. I had previously stayed at the Wombats in Vienna and they both lived up to expectations. Will definitely be staying here next time I'm in Berlin.

• 6th Aug 2014
  • Scotland

Superb hostel not far from the main attractions. Underground station just around the corner. The bar and happy hour is a good place to get your night underway. Air conditioning might be an idea though as it could get very hot in the room. Good place.

Best hostel bar going, incredibly social atmosphere.

• 5th Aug 2014

Spacious rooms - dorm of 6 didn't feel like purgatory! Had a great 3 night stay. A little outside the centre, but accessible by train and metro. Slightly disappointing breakfast.

• 4th Aug 2014
  • Scotland

Great place to stay, I would definitely recommend it. The bar in the terrace is the perfect option after a long day to relax and have some drinks while meeting new people!

The folks at Wombats know what they're doing--their hostels are exceptionally well-run, the staff are knowledgeable about the local area (and sometimes have discount/free admission passes for bars!) and the rooms are comfortable and clean. Berlin was hot when I stayed here, but the windows in my room could be opened completely and there was a provided standing fan to help keep air circulating. Free towels are also offered at the front desk, and you can check out an umbrella for a deposit.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7