Wombats City Hostel Berlin Reviews

Alte Schoenhauser Strasse 2, Berlin, Germany

Great place - super helpful staff and very comfortable beds with great bathroom facilities.

• 27th Jan 2015
  • New Zealand

The bar is amazing and the location couldn't be better over all its super fantastic

A group of tweleve of us stayed there and the staff were really helpful and nice, it was clean, great value for money, fun, great location and we really enjoyed our time there. We only had one bad situation which was with a cleaning lady who came into our room even though we were all asleep and had the room fully booked for another night. She made a lot of noise and opened the blinds and didn´t seem to care that we had the room booked and wanted our privacy. Thank you Wombats!

• 23rd Jan 2015

Good Hostel. Rooftop bar is a really nice place to meet people.

• 22nd Jan 2015

Staff are very rude and don't like English people

gooooooood2gooooo!!!

• 18th Jan 2015

Decent hostel with helpful staff, clean rooms and good facilities. Besides the upstairs bar (which is quite good for socialising and meeting people) there is not a lot of hostel activities and guests are left to plan their own activities. Overall a positive experience.

Typical chain hostel, nothing special but good in general. Location is very good, with some nice Asian restaurant around and close to Alexenderplatz, where you can find everything you need. Just that the staff at the reception didn't offer much information special about the city, just gave me some maps. Relatively clean.

Like in any other Wombats I stayed: clean, cheap, nice staff, nice guests and the cool WomBar!! In addition there's even a terrace over the roofs of Berlin next to the bar. What do you want more from a hostel?

The Wombat chain seems to have a notorious habit of having terrible wifi. I've stayed at 3 other wombats and this one was the same. It's a nice hostel and everything. Kept clean, and such. The only thing is that the location of it is pretty far from anything because Berlin is so huge, so you have to take the metro which is about a 1 minute walk to. And the wifi wasn't the best either....not the worst wifi I've experienced, but still not great.

This place is incredibly fun, perfectly located and an ideal choice for anyone travelling alone due to the great rooftop bar.

• 12th Jan 2015

Wombat's reputation precedes itself and I would recommend this hostel to anyone looking for a place to stay in Berlin. My one gripe with the location is that its wifi is spotty and it isn't a new complaint and been noted before. I had limited and inconsistent reception in my room and would require me to be in the lobby to use the internet, which is inconvenient because after a long day I want to lie in bed & be on my computer rather than being in the lobby. Otherwise this is an excellent place.

This is quite a large hostel. The bar on the top floor was pretty groovy, featuring a terrace and panoramic views over Berlin. The rooms were very large with a reading light and powerpoint for each bunk. The bathroom could have been cleaner. The staff were pretty average for the most part- definitely nothing to write home about.

Its my second time stays with wombat's 1st in munich

• 9th Jan 2015
  • Indonesia

Excellent!

Nice place, good bar upstairs with roof deck, easy to get around the city.

I don't have enough words to describe how much I liked to host in Wombats. That was really the best hostel I've ever stayed. It's clean, well-located, very nice atmosphere, cheap (more than should be, I must say...hahaha) and it also has a great staff.

The staff are very nice. The very close proximity to U-Bahn is convenient. Definitely will be back.

Absolutely loved this place! Would definitely go back, made some great friends which we spent the rest of our time with. The breakfast is great value for money (€3.80) can eat as much as you want! The bar on the top is cheap and fun. Everything was very clean and the heaters work amazingly ! Laundry is easy to use and fairly cheap including the washing powder. Can't fault this place.

• 5th Jan 2015