Wombats City Hostel Berlin Reviews

Alte Schoenhauser Strasse 2, Berlin, Germany

overall a great hostel, clean, helpful staff, good 4 star restaurant next door, located round the corner from metro.

Great hostel, friendly staff and atmosphere.Rooftop bar is great as well

We had an amazing time staying at the Wombats Berlin. Met great people and had an overall great time.

• 15th Oct 2014

Great location in an area close to great bars, restaurants, cafes etc. I stayed in a 6 bed girls dorm and had no issues, very clean as there is a cleaner who comes in every morning

Good facilities (nice kitchen) and location (even though it get a bit noisy), excellent staff, breakfast was also really good. The only bad thing, in my opinion, was the atmosphere: large groups of high school students and many groups of americans behaving like teenagers on the bar at the top floor.

Decent place overall. Staff was moody. Tossed my ID-card around. Probably tired of all the check inn's she had to do that day.

• 12th Oct 2014

This is quite a good hostel, from a very good chain of hostels.

Really helpful, friendly staff

• 11th Oct 2014

Great stay. I was in a double private with my partner. No complaints! Great location, close to some yummy restaurants!

Wombats is 100% the best hostel chain i have ever stayed at, the Berlin hostel has a roof top bar and on a modern building and well situated right next to a metro stop

The reception staff were kind. Free linen, lockers, welcome drink was awesome. Cleanliness in general was fair. I stayed five nights, and on the fourth night, a red headed housekeeper stormed into our room at 9:40 AM, telling me to wake up and that check out was at 10. My roommate and I were both startled by the treatment we received, even though I wasn't checking out that morning.

The skybar is a really nice addition to the hostel, it was clean and the staff was very helpful and patient! They also liked to give you some tips and when I lost my roomkey they were super nice and understandable. Only thing maybe: the other guest in our room weren't that nice, they were a bit annoying and made a lot of nois when waking up (besides from the snorring). They weren't young either. And because they aim for a young public it might be better to place the young people with each other!

The bed could be a little more comfortable

I have stayed in this hostel before and loved it. This time wasn't any different! They have nice bar in the rooftop, great good and atmosphere, and location is great! There is a nice bakery shop just a couple of min walk so we had breakfast every day over there... Anyway, it's definitely a really good choice :-)

Was quite good, very happy with the overall stay.

Stayed here for 4 nights and the service was absolute perfection. The rooms were large and clean and the bar upstairs was always rammed with fun people after 10PM (Nobody in Germany parties before 1AM) - Shower was powerful, toilet was clean and they even let me off after checking out 2 hours late (I was zombified after 4 consecutive days partying)

• 8th Oct 2014

Lovely hostel situated in a good location in Berlin. Loved the bar on the the top floor. The only thing that could be missing is bar crawls from the hostel?

• 8th Oct 2014
  • Sweden

Connection to wifi access was annoying

• 7th Oct 2014
  • Switzerland

Wombats is a great place to stay! Staff is super friendly, and the common area and the bar are great places to meet people. Great hostel for solo travelers. I ended up making quite a few good friends. Good location too. Accessible by the metro, its really close to the U2 line. I ended up extending my stay for a night and it was no problem. I would recommend this hostel to anyone, solo travelers or group travelers alike.

• 7th Oct 2014

the people at the front desk weren't the friendliest, but everyone i met there staying at the hostel was. it was so easy to meet people and it was a fun place to stay. the only thing i would complain of are the bathroom facilities (which had a strong urine stench), the bedsheets (which were like thin plastic), and the wi-fi (which only seemed to work in the lobby).. other than that, i enjoyed my time here!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7