Wombats City Hostel Berlin Reviews

Alte Schoenhauser Strasse 2, Berlin, Germany

Very happy about our stay in Wombats City Hostels - the staff was extremely helpful and willing to give any information about transport time schedules or about the city nightlife. The bedroom was clean and cozy with a balcony and there was a lobby upstairs with amazing view on the city and really good prices for drinks. Very happy about it and hopefully will come back soon :)

Wish the wifi worked in all the rooms.

Nice rooftop terrace and bar; free glass of wine, and good wine at that. Bed had a few questionable stains, but sheets clean. Nice bathroom. Nice vibe, and great for meeting people. Breakfast is almost 4 euros, but excellent. Allowed me to print a boarding pass for free. Overall, really nice hostel and a pleasant stay. If I had been in Berlin longer, I would have happily remained at Wombats

WiFi is a bit slow, which caused a few problems, but aside from that, what a brilliant place to stay!

• 20th Apr 2015

If I ever return to Berlin, I'm definitely staying here!

An issue which occurred both mornings we stayed was that the water stopped working in the shower, toilet and basin. We were told this had been the case for weeks which I find unacceptable. Additionally, the provided wifi was, for all intents and purposes, unusable as the connection speed either so slow no pages would load or so unstable pages would partially load at full speed, the connection would drop out and then the page loading would fail from there.

• 17th Apr 2015

Top pick!!!

• 17th Apr 2015
  • Austria

Great student vibe, lots of young people everyone and had a blast during my stay at the Wombat all while feeling comfortable! :)

Great hostel - you must stay here when in Berlin!! It's very close to a train station and a 10-15 min walk to Alexanderplatz, and the staff are very helpful with directions and information about the city. Comfortable beds and a fun bar upstairs which made it easy to meet people. Would definitely return!

Best hostel I have ever had the pleasure of staying in. A mixed group of 5 friends and I stayed in the Wombat Hostel April 2015 and we cannot recommend it enough. It's affordable, modern and friendly! The location was perfect, close to everything you could need and transport. Breakfast is available (3 Euro) and bedding/towels are provided plus a complimentary free drink on the roof bar on arrival! The rooms were clean, modern and spacious with plugs and lockers for each person.

• 16th Apr 2015

Had a very enjoyable stay. I think every hostel should adopt the idea of having a small light fixture and outlet next to each bunk bed - so convenient and nice! Having clean sheets packed in a sealed plastic bag sounds hygenic and gives peace of mind, but im torn because at the same time it's a bit of a pain to have to put them on yourself. After a long day of travelling, the last thing i want to do is put on all the linen in my bed.

• 16th Apr 2015

great place, great bar, and great value for your money!

When I checked in, the computers were down which was on annoying. Everyone was really friendly though. The only available bed in my room was still dirty and with dirty sheets on it which means no one bothered to clean it. They don't wash the comforters either. Okay place with good places to eat.

Our experience at Wombat's was wonderful, the staff were amazing, especially Ruth! the only problem we had was that we never could get our lockers to lock.

This is a good Hostel, but in he 6th floor there was a few issues with the water flow. The floor was full and when we go to the shower there was no water. We went to the manager and we had an unsatisfactory answer.: " you have to wait until someone go out of the bath, then wait for the water to heat and then you can shower" or use a shared bathroom, no matter we had paid an ensuite room. This was a problem and brought to us schedule inconvenience. We hope in the future they can solve this.

• 14th Apr 2015
  • Colombia

Great location, about a 15 minute walk to all the main sites. Rooms & bathroom were spacious and clean. Hostel bar was cheap and cheerful :) Great for a week/weekend getaway.

• 13th Apr 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

All round excellent, staff went out of their way to be helpful, rooms use a keycard for door and lockers which is excellent and the rooftop bar is cheap and great to meet other travellers!

Everything was great, thank you!

My favourite hostel so far because the room was huge, bathroom good size and atmosphere really good. I also prefer the locker system of using your room key to close it it seems much more secure. The bar wasn't amazing but it had a fantastic view. Overall I enjoyed my stay

The staff is great, such nice people! And there's a amazing view in the roof!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7