Wombats City Hostel Berlin Reviews

Alte Schoenhauser Strasse 2, Berlin, Germany

An issue which occurred both mornings we stayed was that the water stopped working in the shower, toilet and basin. We were told this had been the case for weeks which I find unacceptable. Additionally, the provided wifi was, for all intents and purposes, unusable as the connection speed either so slow no pages would load or so unstable pages would partially load at full speed, the connection would drop out and then the page loading would fail from there.

• 17th Apr 2015

Top pick!!!

• 17th Apr 2015
  • Austria

Best hostel I have ever had the pleasure of staying in. A mixed group of 5 friends and I stayed in the Wombat Hostel April 2015 and we cannot recommend it enough. It's affordable, modern and friendly! The location was perfect, close to everything you could need and transport. Breakfast is available (3 Euro) and bedding/towels are provided plus a complimentary free drink on the roof bar on arrival! The rooms were clean, modern and spacious with plugs and lockers for each person.

• 16th Apr 2015

Had a very enjoyable stay. I think every hostel should adopt the idea of having a small light fixture and outlet next to each bunk bed - so convenient and nice! Having clean sheets packed in a sealed plastic bag sounds hygenic and gives peace of mind, but im torn because at the same time it's a bit of a pain to have to put them on yourself. After a long day of travelling, the last thing i want to do is put on all the linen in my bed.

• 16th Apr 2015

Our experience at Wombat's was wonderful, the staff were amazing, especially Ruth! the only problem we had was that we never could get our lockers to lock.

This is a good Hostel, but in he 6th floor there was a few issues with the water flow. The floor was full and when we go to the shower there was no water. We went to the manager and we had an unsatisfactory answer.: " you have to wait until someone go out of the bath, then wait for the water to heat and then you can shower" or use a shared bathroom, no matter we had paid an ensuite room. This was a problem and brought to us schedule inconvenience. We hope in the future they can solve this.

• 14th Apr 2015
  • Colombia

Great location, about a 15 minute walk to all the main sites. Rooms & bathroom were spacious and clean. Hostel bar was cheap and cheerful :) Great for a week/weekend getaway.

• 13th Apr 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

All round excellent, staff went out of their way to be helpful, rooms use a keycard for door and lockers which is excellent and the rooftop bar is cheap and great to meet other travellers!

My favourite hostel so far because the room was huge, bathroom good size and atmosphere really good. I also prefer the locker system of using your room key to close it it seems much more secure. The bar wasn't amazing but it had a fantastic view. Overall I enjoyed my stay

Great place. It is quite big, so doesn't have that cozy atmosphere. But the service has, of course, a German standart. Very clean and very organized. The breakfast has great value. The terrace has a amazing view from the city and I think should be amazing during summer time. The bar on the terrace is always in a good vibe. Great to make new friends. Guest were mostly very young people, like under 20's, during my stay. That was the only down point for me. Maybe I´m too old. =D

great hostel, friendly staff. beware of leaving food in the fridge. sometimes it gets stolen

You can take No.142 bus directly to the hostel from berlin central station. And also can use tram and metro just few steps from the hostel. I will still choose here next time!!!

• 7th Apr 2015
  • Taiwan

The hostel was great. Everything you would expect and more of a hostel. The bar upstairs was very fun and had space for a lot of people. Reception was incredibly helpful and knowledgable. The location was good but expect to walk far or take the underground to get to the main tourist destinations, although the location was in a very fun area. Overall amazing hostel and I highly recommend.

To be honest when I was booking I was a bit skeptical because this hostel seemed to be really sheep in comparison with the surrounding hostels. But when I arrived there I totally liked the hostel. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was clean and well furnished. The common kitchen could be a bit bigger and the internet more accessible in the dorms. We really enjoyed our stay in this hostel I would definitely recommend it to my friends.

• 6th Apr 2015
  • Lebanon

Very nice hostel in a great location. You can get anywhere in Berlin, while being located in a cool, hip neighborhood (Mitte). This hostel does host a lot of groups, but as a solo traveler I found it to be interesting to be around a large group of people from other places. The upstairs bar is awesome and has good prices, especially during happy hour. It's the best place to meet new people. The staff was very nice and helpful. Security is very good. Spacious rooms and lockers. Everything I needed

WLAN wouldn't work very well or not at all at certain times of the day. Coffee machine gave me hot chocolate instead of coffee. Breakfast wasn't very good at all...bad value and no variety. Outside terrace of bar was nice. Otherwise, everything was pretty much average for a hostel.

• 5th Apr 2015

It was very clean, the rooms were fairly spacious for a hostel. The rooftop bar was cool and you automatically get a free drink for staying at the hostel. The staff was very helpful and friendly. Most importantly the wifi was on point! best wifi at a hostel I have ever had!

Great hostel. If the price is right definitely worth staying there

It's too far away from the station.

thanks for your stay. our hostel is one minute from the metro and bus station rosa-luxemburg-platz and a 10 minutes bus ride to the citys main train station (btw: happy not to run a hostel over there). we've even add a few minutes to every direction-text we've ever published. so when you've booked out hostel... anyway: wishing you a wonderful journey!

Great stay at Wombats! No complaints, decent location, very helpful staff.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7