Wombats City Hostel Berlin Reviews

Alte Schoenhauser Strasse 2, Berlin, Germany

11916 Total Reviews

Great facilities. Awesome hostel. Only downsides: wifi doesnt rreally work in the rooms and breakfast is too expensive

• 7th Feb 2016
  • Argentina

The hostel has very high cleanliness standards. Great location with amazing view from roof bar.

• 5th Feb 2016
  • Slovenia

Need better pillows other than that really good!!

Wombats Hostel was definitely the best hostel I've ever been. It's in a walking distance of all the main attractions, safe neighborhood and has a metro station in the corner. All the facilities are great, the building is brand new and have good value breakfast, so it's almost like being in a hotel with shared rooms.

When we were away the cleaning lady entered the room to switch off the heating and also left open the window at the same time. when we were back the room was very cold and this for me could be also a problem as somebody of other rooms could try to enter my room from the balcony. for the rest OK

• 4th Feb 2016

wifi tv towels

• 31st Jan 2016
  • Bulgaria

Dear guest, thank you for your review. But I can't follow your comments. What do you mean with "wifi tv towels". We provide towels in every doubleroom. Wifi is working in the entire building. And as you can see in the description, there are no tv's in the doublerooms. So it was clear, that there is no TV in your room, at the point of your booking. For that reason, we find it a little bit unfair to get a negative rating. I advise you to book a Apartment next time with a big flatscreen and two seperate rooms.

Amazing hostel, clean and at a perfect location! The bar is great, it's nice as a solo traveller as well.

Beds are too noisy. Towels provision would really help, and soap dispensers too.

Location is perfect, it's safe & close to the underground as well as Alexanderplatz (walking distance - 10 min). The staff is really helpful. The bar tender could be a bit more communicative but hey, everyone has bad days. If you need anything (hairdryer...) they will be pleased to help you at the front desk. Our bath room as well as double room (we got an upgrade, booked 2 beds in a 4 bed dorm, got a double) were really clean. The breakfast is good and cheap.

Staff went out of their way to help me print boarding passes. Very friendly and open environment.

• 27th Jan 2016

Its a big hostel, but a good one. Beds are comfortable, you've wifi signal without problems, but the wifi is kinda slow, but good enough to book next train or whatever you need. The kitchen is good, has everything you might need. I would prefer bathroom outside the bedroom, but that's a personal opinion.

Definitely recommended. Great location, just a couple of subway stops from the railway station and Potsdamer Platz (where you can find the huge Berlin Mall with just about everything you need for your stay), service is excellent, my room was clean and equipped with bathroom. The only thing that needs to be improved is the rather laggish wi-fi connection, but it's not a big deal really.

friendly staff, cool atmosphere, great value for money. Breakfast starts a little late for those who have to continue their travel.

• 22nd Jan 2016

Great hostel! The rooms are great, the bar has a good atmosphere and the staff is nice. Located close to subway, tram and bus stop but also possible to walk to the main attractions.

I cant complain about anything that Wombats couldve influenced but there was this weird girl in my room who didnt know how to use the ladder and always jumped off the bed. Uncool at 7 in the morning.

• 22nd Jan 2016

Such a nice, cosy, clean (sheet set was super clean, smelling laundry soap) hostel with a nice bar on the top of it. The location is fab! 10 points for the locking system!

We had a excelent experience at Wombat's. I really recommend the bar!

Food machines are not working!!! Cleaning in corridors are not enough

• Israel

Thank you for your honest feedback. The food machines are operated by an external company. We already quit the contract with our actual provider. So from march on we will have new vending machines, which will work perfectly.

My friend that I was traveling with got food poisoning and the hostel let us have a late checkout for free which was very kind of them. The staff were the best part?

• 21st Jan 2016

What a fantastic hostel. Felt welcome from the start. Great staff, comfy beds and a friendly atmosphere. Would recommend to everyone wanting a brilliant base to explore Berlin.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7