Fabulous 13,724 Total Reviews
Fabulous 13,724 Total Reviews
Wombats City Hostel Berlin Located at Alte Schoenhauser Strasse 2, , Berlin.
Germany
Berlin Berlin 10119 Alte Schoenhauser Strasse 2
89% 13724
52.5285065 13.4090709
    Rooms available

• Estonia, Female, 25-30
14th Jan 2017

We booked the Wombats hostel for its convenient location for us. It is very near the metro and Alexanderplatz is only a 10 minute walk away. The rate for the room was quite high for a hostel, however we were very happy with our room. The twin we booked had a spacious balcony with a beautiful view to the TV tower and a radiator (super helpful during the cold time of the year). It did seem very clean at first sight, however my friend did find a toenail on her sheet, which left us a little baffled.

• ivy45a
  • Taiwan, All Female Group, 25-30
12th Jan 2017

overall great hostel, clean and sweet! perfect location! but the wifi can only be connected down the lobby and on friday night, people tend to get a bit too high and the corrider is a bit noisy.

• Scotland, Female, 25-30
9th Jan 2017

Great hostel in centre location. The rooftop bar is the best :) would recommend for solo travellers too as it's easy to make friends. I had a double ensuite room as no private single was available so had to pay more but was totally worth it! There is food places near the hostel and subway is 2min walk away. Would recommend going on a free walking tour whilst your there.

• Ireland, Male, 18-24
9th Jan 2017

This is my 2nd time in this hostel, and it was even better than the first We were a group of 5 in a 6 person room, the stranger we had in the room was a peculiar character alright but this isn't any fault of the hostel. The staff were very helpful, great atmosphere in the hostel, and they even booked a taxi for me when I was extremely late for a train Next time I'm in Berlin, in going to stay here. No question

• madihxghes
  • Australia, Couple, 18-24
7th Jan 2017

The staff were really helpful and always asking if we needed anything, buffet breakfast was worth it! We stayed in a 6 bed dorm and it was really spacious and the bathroom was pretty spacious and clean. We didn't really take advantage of the bar or pub crawl due to jet lag, but from comments it seems worth it and the bar has a good atmosphere.

• England, All Female Group, 18-24
5th Jan 2017

Hostel was in a great location, very close to the Rosa-Luxembourg U bahn which was only one stop away from Alexanderplatz. The room was clean and beds comfortable. The card operated lockers in the room kept everything safe. The bar upstairs was great and had an all you can eat buffet for €4.50 every morning. Would definitely stay here again.

• Finland, Female, 25-30
3rd Jan 2017

Awesome hostel! Excellent breakfast cheap price and view to the city as well from the roof! I will come back here next time :)

• Australia, Couple, 25-30
1st Jan 2017
7.4

Well located right next to tram and metro stop and very clean hostel. Staff pretty helpful. Biggest downside wifi only worked in the reception area which doubled as a common room and really lacked atmosphere. The bar upstairs had a great view of the city.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
31st Dec 2016

I booked to stay over NYE, and I had to book four nights although I could only stay two (Just because it was NYE and that was the policy). When I got there the staff said it was fine and only made me pay for the two nights I could stay. They were great and gave me a towel to borrow for free. My friends stayed in St Christopher's just around the corner so it was super convenient. Amazing hostel, great location.. super easy to get everywhere.

• niean172
  • New Zealand, Female, 18-24
  • Globetrotter
31st Dec 2016

Great stay, we had some great room mates so really made the trip. Conveniently located s d the bar is great for socialising. Loved the individual side tables for each bed. Only possible improvement could be some newer bedding and replace the mattresses which are quite uncomfortable. Obviously prices were inflated for the new year period but not as bad as other nearby hostels or as bad as other European cities