Wombats City Hostel Berlin Reviews

Alte Schoenhauser Strasse 2, Berlin, Germany

Our stay was really great! The room was big enough for six people and even if there was just one bathroom there weren't problems of sort. We loved the cozy and comfortable atmosphere and all the services, like the laundry room, the restaurant, the bar on top, the guest kitchen, the free WiFi and the free set of sheets, were perfect! If we are to do another trip where a Wombat hostel is located in the future, we will surely pick it.

• 24th Feb 2015

Awesome hostel. Clean, lockers for all and free drinks when you arrive. What more do you need?

• 23rd Feb 2015
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Good hostel with great location.

I'm very disappointed about Wombat's. The only positive point is the central location in Mitte. The staff was ok but sometimes you feel like you are disturbing them or something.. But the worst was that I've found a bed bug in my room !!! Absolutely disgusting !! What a shame for such a famous hostel. I've read so many positive reviews about the Wombat's I was expecting so much better ! More than that, the bed wasn't comfortable and pretty old... Next time I won't stay at the Wombats for sure !!

Some people urgently need to be reminded that a hostel is still a place to sleep, especially at around 3 in the morning. Also the reception staff should give you all the necessary information without you asking again and again.

• 19th Feb 2015

I stayed in Wombats in Vienna, which was fantastic and led me the stay at Wombats in Berlin. But I stayed in a private double room in Berlin. Since Wombats positions itself as a Hostel instead of a hotel, the settings and facilities in private rooms cannot compare to hotel rooms at the same price. But it is still clean and good, simple though. Staff are friendly as always. Free coupons for each person. No hair dryer in the private room, which was kinda disappointing...

The location is perfect : very central, in Mitte. But apart from that, the rest was pretty bad! The bed and the cushions are dirty, they should defititely do something about it. But the worst is that I've found a bed bug in the bedroom!!! Eh ohh wake up !!! Do some cleaning guys !!!... Definitely not going back to that hotel again. And for that price I can find better.

This hostel was super clean and lovely. Not super close to the train station, but easy access by bus. The staff were not the friendliest and I wouldn't say my experience with them was all that great. The bar on the 7th floor was the highlight and great for meeting new people, but there were no organized outings/events like at other hostels. It was altogether a fine hostel and very modern and lovely, but it would've been better if the staff were actually more involved.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. Wombats is AMAZING! My friend and I have just returned home from one of the most amazing weeks of our lives. Berlin is absolutely incredible but our experience was made even better because of this amazing hostel. We were in 107 (the appartment type room with the balcony) and it could not have been any more perfect.

• 16th Feb 2015

Kitchen should have more tables and chairs, would be nice to have more furnitures at the bedroom

• 16th Feb 2015

Everything is super, except for the wifi, which sometimes is really slow

• 15th Feb 2015

I like this place! I am staying in this hostel whenever I'm in Berlin. It has cool staff, homey atmosphere and a good value for the money.

• 13th Feb 2015
  • Turkey

Great stay! Awesome location, within walking distance of so many great places! Staff were great besides the guy who checked us in who was pretty disinterested in us, rooms were awesome. Bar was awesome as was happy hour. Great kitchen and all rooms cleaned very regularly which was also really good. Missed having a common room/chill out room though but that's it! A really great stay in terms of the hostel, sadly had some yucky people in our room, but would stay again for sure!

The hostel is great, the staff is very kind. It is very clean and quiet (despite being huge). The location is great, you can access the main attractions on foot and also access public transport to get to the airports. The beds are great, the bathrooms too. The breakfast (surcharge) is very good and the bar (on the terrace) is fantastic, with good prices and a wonderful view. Around, you can find good pubs and restaurants.

The hostel and location are good, breakfast too ( you have to pay but worth the money). The only problem was the wifi that didn't work in our room.

• 12th Feb 2015

Good hostel in convenient location. Bar upstairs good for meeting fellow travellers. But it is a big hostel and doesn't quite have a homely feel. Sheets provided but you have to put them on, which is fine except when people don't do it, which I witnessed. I would hate to sleep in a bed after somebody else has just slept directly on the bed and blanket.

Best hostel ever!

Great place to go and will obviously go back as I had so much fun. I highly recommend.

• 5th Feb 2015

LOVED WOMBATS! Will definitely choose to stay there again, staff were lovely and had a great sense of humour. I had made a separate booking to my friends and asked to check in to their room and the staff promptly did that. Great with offering directions and things to do around the beautiful city of Berlin. The wombar upstairs is pretty cool, good way to meet fellow travellers and some awesome drink deals. HIGH RECOMMEND THIS PLACE!

The hostel has pretty much everything you would need. The facilities are good, so are the bar. It's located in a very cool area + is very central, and the staff is nice and helpful.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7