Wombats City Hostel Berlin Reviews

Alte Schoenhauser Strasse 2, Berlin, Germany

Absolutely love the Wombats City Hostel in Berlin. Really nice staff and the highlight is definitely the bar on the 7th floor. Had a great time up there with some people from diffrent countries. Would totally recommend it or actually already did ;-) I´ll definitely come back soon! :-)

• 27th Sep 2014

As I expected it was up to my expectations. Staff always helpful and in a good mood. Clean and in a good location. Wish all the Hostels were like this.

Really good place! Good atmosphere and plenty of space to hang out and chill. Staff could've been more helpful in explaining the hostel.. It's huge. Beds were very uncomfortable but good showers

Very nice and friendly hostel. direct at a tram station near Alexanderplatz

• 23rd Sep 2014

Great hostel! Nice bar. Definitely would stay at a Wombats again. The only thing that I could even attempt to complain about is that breakfast was not free (but it was definitely worth the 3-4 euro!).

We had a very nice stay overall. The staff could be more friendly, for instance, giving directions, I dont know if they thought we dont know how to use the underground but they were not very supportive.

• 22nd Sep 2014
  • Mexico

Really good location, cool shops and galleries around it. Walking distance to most attractions and right across from the u-bahn. Friendly staff, safe and clean hostel. The rooftop bar is cool as you can see all the city. Breakfast is just 3.90 or so, we stuffed ourselves with cereal, fruit, bread, meat, salad, coffee, juice etc which kept us going 'til the afternoon as we were on a budget. I'd definitely recommend it! :)

Very friendly and helpful staff at the reception.

One of the best hostels that I've already been. The roof top have a bar with great and cheap beer

In 4 bed dorm- was great, lots of space for bags, etc and all the necessities- e.g powerpoint, light, locker. Great bathroom that was only shared between 4. Cheap drinks in bar upstairs. Didn't have the breakfast as I think you can get great brunches in Berlin elsewhere for not much more $. Pleasant staff. Big hostel chain obviously, but still easy to meet and mingle with other travellers. Would recommend.

Very clean, safe and modern. Things like the individual power sockets and bed lamps for each bed were really welcome. The bar helped provide a buzzing social atmosphere allowing rooms to remain fairly quiet meaning I got a good night sleep every night. Wifi was a bit in and out in the rooms (I was on the fifth floor) but this is really my only minor negative comment. Would definitely stay again.

The hostel is close to Alexanderplatz (one stop) which has a lot of different metro lines. The rooms were very clean and big enough. There is bathroom which is working well in the rooms. The internet was not working in the rooms which is not good you should go downstairs it is ok in the reception area. There is a bar upstairs you can go and have a drink. The staff was helpful. I can say that it was a good choice for me. It is a good hostel to stay in Berlin.

Wombats is the hostel which has changed my mind about the big commercial hostels. If there is a Wombats in the city that I'm going, I go for them without thinking. So far Vienna is my favourite. They have a perfect organization, great staff members, very functional lockers, good locations, very nice bars and a great atmosphere. Normally it's hard to create a good atmosphere in a big, professional, commercial hostel like Wombats but somehow they achieve it. These guys know what they are doing!!

Amazing Staff.Very Clean Accomodations and nice rooftop bar.

Nice big lockers. 24/7 reception is helpful. Great breakfast for €3.20. Clean. Right near the metro stop. Only negative is there is no wifi in the rooms. Other than that it's a great hostel to stay in! Made many new friends :)

Stayed for 4 nights, had an amazing time! Will definitely visit again!! Rooms were clean and secure. We met loads of people and the hostel was in a really good location for nights out. The staff were really helpful and friendly, they also gave us loads of information on the area and things to do etc. Would definitely recommend staying here!!

• 12th Sep 2014

Excellent atmosphere, the staff was very nice and helpfull. The location is really good, very close to te tube station. The bar on the 7th floor is great. Very clean and secure. Will definately recomend this hostel.

• Mexico

very good hostel, especially the staff!

• Israel

The location is perfect and very close to the subway. I think I enjoyed everything in this hostel. The staff is friendly and the kitchen is nice and spacious.

We let the dogs out!!