Wombats City Hostel Berlin Reviews

Alte Schoenhauser Strasse 2, Berlin, Germany

Very nice place, but harder to meet people as it is set up as a hotel in many ways. But very clean and inviting.

This must be my second time at Wombats so it speaks for itself if I have come back here again. A great hostel in an interesting neighbourhood and close to Alexanderplatz station.

overall a great hostel, clean, helpful staff, good 4 star restaurant next door, located round the corner from metro.

Great hostel, friendly staff and atmosphere.Rooftop bar is great as well

This wombats Is one of the best hostels I've stayed at. The only thing I'd change is to add some sound dampening material in the bar, which is a strange complaint, but the bar gets REALLY loud, especially with a bunch of Australians yelling in there. Other than that, very comfortable stay, easy to meet people, cook food, and well located near mitte and alexanderplatz and right by the ubahn. Would recommend

• 15th Oct 2014

We had an amazing time staying at the Wombats Berlin. Met great people and had an overall great time.

• 15th Oct 2014

Great location in an area close to great bars, restaurants, cafes etc. I stayed in a 6 bed girls dorm and had no issues, very clean as there is a cleaner who comes in every morning

Great place to stay if you can figure out how to get around the city or don't mind walking. The staff was very helpful and had great insight on locations to visit.

Good facilities (nice kitchen) and location (even though it get a bit noisy), excellent staff, breakfast was also really good. The only bad thing, in my opinion, was the atmosphere: large groups of high school students and many groups of americans behaving like teenagers on the bar at the top floor.

Decent place overall. Staff was moody. Tossed my ID-card around. Probably tired of all the check inn's she had to do that day.

• 12th Oct 2014

This is quite a good hostel, from a very good chain of hostels.

Really helpful, friendly staff

• 11th Oct 2014

Great stay. I was in a double private with my partner. No complaints! Great location, close to some yummy restaurants!

Wombats is 100% the best hostel chain i have ever stayed at, the Berlin hostel has a roof top bar and on a modern building and well situated right next to a metro stop

The reception staff were kind. Free linen, lockers, welcome drink was awesome. Cleanliness in general was fair. I stayed five nights, and on the fourth night, a red headed housekeeper stormed into our room at 9:40 AM, telling me to wake up and that check out was at 10. My roommate and I were both startled by the treatment we received, even though I wasn't checking out that morning.

The skybar is a really nice addition to the hostel, it was clean and the staff was very helpful and patient! They also liked to give you some tips and when I lost my roomkey they were super nice and understandable. Only thing maybe: the other guest in our room weren't that nice, they were a bit annoying and made a lot of nois when waking up (besides from the snorring). They weren't young either. And because they aim for a young public it might be better to place the young people with each other!

The bed could be a little more comfortable

In every city I go that have a Wombats, I never doubt about it. Is always the same good service, CLEANING rooms, secure, etc. I wish they were in more cities.

I have stayed in this hostel before and loved it. This time wasn't any different! They have nice bar in the rooftop, great good and atmosphere, and location is great! There is a nice bakery shop just a couple of min walk so we had breakfast every day over there... Anyway, it's definitely a really good choice :-)

Was quite good, very happy with the overall stay.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7