Wombats City Hostel Berlin Reviews

Alte Schoenhauser Strasse 2, Berlin, Germany

Wish the wifi worked in all the rooms.

Really enjoyed my stay at Wombats but the lack of Wifi was quite frustrating - having to leave my room when attempting to access the Internet wasn't ideal.

• 23rd Apr 2015

Nice rooftop terrace and bar; free glass of wine, and good wine at that. Bed had a few questionable stains, but sheets clean. Nice bathroom. Nice vibe, and great for meeting people. Breakfast is almost 4 euros, but excellent. Allowed me to print a boarding pass for free. Overall, really nice hostel and a pleasant stay. If I had been in Berlin longer, I would have happily remained at Wombats

WiFi is a bit slow, which caused a few problems, but aside from that, what a brilliant place to stay!

• 20th Apr 2015

Very good hostel, located near Alexander Platz, and right next to a Ubahn station. It has everything you need in a hostel, I would come back to it.

If I ever return to Berlin, I'm definitely staying here!

water supply cut off in the morning. we experienced this several times

Amazing hostel, such a friendly atmosphere and helpful staff, totally recommend!

The best in Europe!! Great breakfast!!

• 17th Apr 2015

Excelent Staff and atmosphere.

The nentilation in the on-Suite bathroom should be controlled seperatly from the light. Everytime someone used the bathroom in the middle of the night I woke up because of that noise... :v

• 17th Apr 2015

An issue which occurred both mornings we stayed was that the water stopped working in the shower, toilet and basin. We were told this had been the case for weeks which I find unacceptable. Additionally, the provided wifi was, for all intents and purposes, unusable as the connection speed either so slow no pages would load or so unstable pages would partially load at full speed, the connection would drop out and then the page loading would fail from there.

• 17th Apr 2015

thanks for your feedback. the water issue is solved, sorry that it affected your stay. wifi is the next big point on our list... regards from berlin!

Top pick!!!

• Austria

Liked: Our private room had a balcony and a pretty nice and clean bathroom, the location of the hostel was excellent (on a really hip street with cool restaurants and shops), the bar had a long happy hour with one euro beers. Excellent breakfast. Disliked: No organised activities, receptionists are not very friendly or helpful and can't do basic math to figure out a booking mistake. Not a party hostel, more like a cheap hotel. Don't go here if you're by yourself looking to make friends.

Great student vibe, lots of young people everyone and had a blast during my stay at the Wombat all while feeling comfortable! :)

Great hostel - you must stay here when in Berlin!! It's very close to a train station and a 10-15 min walk to Alexanderplatz, and the staff are very helpful with directions and information about the city. Comfortable beds and a fun bar upstairs which made it easy to meet people. Would definitely return!

Best hostel I have ever had the pleasure of staying in. A mixed group of 5 friends and I stayed in the Wombat Hostel April 2015 and we cannot recommend it enough. It's affordable, modern and friendly! The location was perfect, close to everything you could need and transport. Breakfast is available (3 Euro) and bedding/towels are provided plus a complimentary free drink on the roof bar on arrival! The rooms were clean, modern and spacious with plugs and lockers for each person.

• 16th Apr 2015

Had a very enjoyable stay. I think every hostel should adopt the idea of having a small light fixture and outlet next to each bunk bed - so convenient and nice! Having clean sheets packed in a sealed plastic bag sounds hygenic and gives peace of mind, but im torn because at the same time it's a bit of a pain to have to put them on yourself. After a long day of travelling, the last thing i want to do is put on all the linen in my bed.

great place, great bar, and great value for your money!

Good place, super easy to move around and get to know Berlin. Thanks to Phoenix -or Felix- for helping me, in the morning of my check out. Peace from Barcelona