Wombats City Hostel Berlin Reviews

Alte Schoenhauser Strasse 2, Berlin, Germany

Everything is good except wifi. Not connected at room

Nice hostel. Big and proprer bedroom, helpful staff, two steps from the subway station. Pillows could be better and the linen are not easy to put on the bed.

The hostel is located near the center (10min walk maybe less)... The rooftop bar is not impressive but the rest of the hostel is prety good

No real place to meet other hostellers (only the little corner in the lobby but it's not cosy and it's really cold because of the doors - Kitchen way too small and always busy - Great great staff !

I think that´s the best hostel I´ve ever been. Although I had some problems with my locker (which wasn´t solved), all the rest was pretty good, especially the breakfast, cheap and full of options. Nice stay ;)

The hostel is too big, more than 300 beds, which means there aren´t any cozy atmosphere. Anyway, if you need atmosphere and to meet new people it´s just to head for the hostel bar in the evening.

They messed up our booking, so instead they upgraded us to a better room - which was good of them. Overall, quite happy. Good location.

The WiFi works only in the noisy lobby with people talking loud and hardcore music. This noisy atmosphere is terrible to access the internet. I loved Berlin but hated this hostel.

Serve us breakfast please, other than that it is a vibey and trendy environment that understands its clientele. Was blown away by the herb garden!

• 27th Dec 2014
  • South Africa

I stayed in this Wombats hostel because I really enjoyed the one I stayed in in Vienna. This place had a really nice, comfortable atmosphere and was really close to a lot of shopping. All the sites I wanted to see were far but that has much more to do with the size of Berlin. The S-Bahn and U-Bahn are super easy to navigate and there's a stop just 1 minute away from the hostel. I also really liked the fact that the staff was helpful. I would stay here again for sure.

Keep it up! I've stayed at Wombats Vienna (Lounge), Munich, and this one in Berlin. Love the Berlin Wombats the most out of the others.

A great place to stay while in Berlin! The room was big and clean and had large enough lockers. You unlock the doors to the floors, room, and lockers with one keycard which is very convenient. There is a great bar on the top floor which is a great place to have a drink and meet other people and pre game before hitting the clubs. Do wish the kitchen was bigger, as can get really crowded because of how many people are staying at the hostel.

There was a terrible small in the bathroom!!!! But It was the only inconvinient, there is a nice restaurant there and is really near the metro station!

Great hostel everything was very good

Clean and large rooms with private toilet. Staff are friendly and helpful. Located a street away from Rosa-Luxemburg-Plaz which makes it easily accessible to most tourist spots.

THE WIFI IS VERY BAD.

We stayed in a private room and strongly recommend the hostel. The only thing is that the breakfast was not included in the price but anyway was cheaper than in any other place.

One thing completely ruined our stay at this hostel and that was BED BUGS! I was bitten on my face, arms and legs and my partner was also. They have been itching for days and still have not gone away and it's been almost a week. Completely ruining our mood and stay in Europe altogether... My face has all these red welts on it, it looks terrible. Not happy at all. When we told the staff they didn't even apologise or seem to concerned!! Just wrote down our room number.

• 24th Dec 2014

I'm not sure about the rules regarding couples in a shared room, if there is any, then I won't blame Wombats for the worst experience I had staying in a hostel before... Would just suggest to be more strict and careful, some ppl really don't know how to behave neither respect the others, taking in consideration that they chose to pay less and stay in a shared room. Please advise the rules before hand. Besides that, I would def recommend the place, nice price, excellent location, simple and good

Exceptional hostel. Top quality of everything great bar. I had so much fun. Many thanks