Wombats City Hostel Berlin Reviews

Alte Schoenhauser Strasse 2, Berlin, Germany

I really liked the room, it was big and clean. The staff is confident and helpful. The breakfast isn't included but worth the price. The location is really good and safe. I would definitely recommend this hostel.

Usually stay in this hostel when I'm in Berlin. Clean, easy to reach, good facilities, good breaffast fo 3,8 Euro. Close to ROse-Luxemburg subway station, easy to get to ZOB and to Alexanderplatz.

Good hostel, nice staff, I can recommend Wombats.

I don't normally slate hostels and hotels as I have been lucky to stay in reasonable places but this one messed up on two occasions. 1) room 614 smells so bad that the boys locker room smelt more pleasant than this. It was like it had a drainage issue that needed urgent attention. 2) staff confirming wrong information via email which made it awkward for my friend to enter the place before I arrived. Overall I didn't spend to many hours here but it seemed alright

very professional hostel, it is look like a hotel with common rooms. Everything you need is easily found in a board. The kitchen is small, but have anything you will need. The staff is always straightway as Germans do, not friendly, not too much talk, but answer anything you ask and helpful.

One man at reception was particularly helpful and friendly and gave great advice, as well as ordering us taxis whenever we wanted. The bar was very lively and me and my friends met some really nice people there. It is defiantly worth going during happy hour- 2 euro beers (that are massive!!) the dorm we stayed in was very spaceious, clean and comfortable. Me and my two friends were very impressed and had a fantastic trip. Berlin was great too (especially the nightlife!!!) Would stay again!!!!

• 26th Mar 2015

We had a great stay. There was 11 of us and were made to feel welcome. The staff were helpful in helping us with tours, places to go etc and there are some really good bars in the vicinity. Definitely worth a stay!

• 26th Mar 2015

The location is well chosen. In addition, we liked the view from the bar in the 7th. floor.

• 26th Mar 2015

I stayed here nine nights, seven in a comfortable dormitory with five women and two in a very nice single room with a terrace. The location is in the mitte near Alexplatz. the staff have been very kind, always ready to answer my questions and help me. I recommand it.

• 24th Mar 2015

Great - nice location. There is a super beer/coffee/cafe located around the corner "Kaschk". what more could you want!!

• 24th Mar 2015

Clean, friendly staff, good breakfast (extra fee), good WiFi. I was only there for a couple nights but it was good like my first stay in Wombats London. The common area was okay, could have had a bit more to engage people but still good. Security good as always and cleaned daily. Dorm rooms had plenty of space & liked the plugs & light by each bunk.

Wombats has yet to disappoint me, and Berlin is no exception. Clean and welcoming, with plenty of room to party and hang out but plenty of quiet space. Breakfast was standard, but €4 well spent before a day on the town. Only complaints were that the wifi did not work in the room AT ALL, and neither did the outlet by the bed I chose. Didn't matter too much for a 1-night stay but still inconvenient.

Amazing location and friendly staff would stay there again!

Wombats surpassed my expectations in every way. I was concerned that such a high-volume property would be noisy and poorly maintained, but it was the opposite. Everything was easy, clean, efficient, and secure. I would definitely stay here again. Way to go, Wombats!

• 22nd Mar 2015

Very good sky bar to enjoy the sights whilst sipping on a beer. Good security for bags and valuables in the dormitory.

• 22nd Mar 2015

Good location, Clean, Friendly staff. Enjoyed my stay at Wombats.

The place was very good, beds were ok, bathroom as well. The shower leaked a bit and there was nothing to mop up after taking a shower. Also the kitchen was a bit tiny with only two tables. Other than that it was awesome, you can walk to Alexanderplatz (3-4 min) and also to Prenzlauer Berg. The staff was helpful and nice. Security is like good like every Wombats place.

Nice hostel with helpful staffs. The bedroom and washroom are very clean. Guest kitchen is well facilitated. However, wifi does not work in the bedroom and only available on the ground floor.

• 19th Mar 2015
  • Hong Kong

One of the best hostels I've ever been in! Great staff, great space, very nice showers and bathroom, awesome bar, awesome breakfast for only 3,80€. It's totally worth it. Thank you guys!!!

Superb location (1 min to U-bahn station), room was spacious and clean, met a lot of amazing people here! Definitely staying here again for my next visit to Berlin!

• 17th Mar 2015