Wombats City Hostel Berlin Reviews

Alte Schoenhauser Strasse 2, Berlin, Germany

11906 Total Reviews

The rooms were clean, and the staff very helpful. Our room had a problem with the bathroom plumbing which caused a horrendous smell in the bathroom and therefore in the room. The hostel are apparently aware of this and working to fix the problem, however it was not fixed for my entire stay. The kitchen area is quite small. The wifi was quite slow in my room, and didn't work at all in my friends room. But overall I had a comfortable, enjoyable stay.

• 9th Oct 2015

Central location, right outside the tube station so very easy to get to it! The hostel has a rooftop bar with a terrace, nice views and perfect for socialising/meeting new people in the evenings! (Also cheap drinks and HAPPY HOUR!!) Very clean, lockers in the rooms, the reception staff were polite and theres a restaurant downstairs! Overall a great stay and friendly atmosphere! :)

Awesome hostel for any age and any relationship status!!! Great location and facilities!!! Don't waste money on a hotel!! Roof top bar is the best view!!!

I could not fault the place - I stayed because it was recommended to me and I will always recommend it when any of my friends come to berlin. The staff were fantastic so friendly, helpful and welcoming. Thanks a million for a great stay!

Hey Jacinta, Thank YOU! It's always lovely to receive positive feedback from happy guests :) Please come and stay with us again! Anna, Reception

Good and helpful staff! But too much noise in the corridors at night - I was glad I had brought my best ear plugs, my poor room mates had not!

• 7th Oct 2015
  • Sweden

The light in our room's bathroom suddenly went out on the second night, which caused some inconvenience. However, it was fixed by the time we came back the next day. The checkin was a little problematic as well, as it took 3 tries to get the card properly activated. Overall, the room was very clean, roommates were nice and we liked the free drinks provided at the Wombar. The location was very convenient too!

Hey Xichen, We're terribly sorry about the problematic check in and that you had to keep coming downstairs to get your key cards properly activated. We're happy to hear that you enjoyed other aspects of our house though and hope that you can and visit again soon! :) Anna, Reception

Perfect service from staff!

Hey there, thankyou, nice to hear you liked us! We hope you had a good stay in Berlin and we can welcome you back soon;) Safe travels

Amazing hostel, really getting you money's worth, definitely recommending (Berlin).

• 6th Oct 2015
  • Poland

Once again I learned I don't like mega hostels. the facilities are really nice, but the atmosphere lacks because it's too much of a hotel.

The hostel was very clean and cosy, it was easy to stay there because also their the map was very helpful. But there was a lot of noise during the evenings and nights and someone interrupted my sleep all the time. Still I felt very safe and I can recommend this hostel!

When you stay at at hostel most of your experience depends on the people you share your room to but, what can I do, that affected my perception in general. When I arrived at the property past midnight, tired and sleepy, sheets were given to me to do my bed before I could use it; that was the first thing I really didn't like it. Then when one of my teenager roommates drunk too much she just spilt the content of her stomach all over the place in the bathroom. Nasty business! Please do the beds!

Great hostel with friendly people and a great bar where it is really easy to meet people. Good vibe

Great hostel...Everyone else who has posted reviews is spot on! It will always be my first choice whenever I come to Berlin. Thank you to all the staff for a pleasant stay.

Perfect location, good rooms, big clean kitchen and great buffet breakfast option :) super happy

• 2nd Oct 2015
  • New Zealand

Great location, wifi worked well everywhere but the common area was a bit strange, not really designed for people to meet, more just for people to use wifi, otherwise great hostel

Friendly and helpful front desk staff; great location. One weird thing: the housekeeping staff stopped by our private room daily. They emptied the trash but we had to ask to have the soap dispensers filled. They also always opened the window we'd closed *on purpose*. I would have rather of not had anyone come in during our stay--it felt intrusive and unnecessary.

• 1st Oct 2015

clean, amazing shower, good bar and good location

• 1st Oct 2015
  • New Zealand

I've spent over 400 nights hostels. So hopefully my opinion matters. This place was excellent. Clean, big, rooftop bar, lockers in rooms. Front desk completely bilingual and polite

Dear Joshua, IMPRESIVE!!! It's great to hear that you love our place and it is great to know that there is still people like you who enjoy staying in hostels :) We wish you happy travels!

Great stay, staff where fun, helpful and chatty, great bar and atmosphere, rooms where a little basic but the breaky was a great price. Location was perfect and pretty close to everything! Would recommend/10

You want a great place to stay in Berlin ? This it !