Wombats City Hostel Berlin Reviews

Alte Schoenhauser Strasse 2, Berlin, Germany

The reception staff were kind. Free linen, lockers, welcome drink was awesome. Cleanliness in general was fair. I stayed five nights, and on the fourth night, a red headed housekeeper stormed into our room at 9:40 AM, telling me to wake up and that check out was at 10. My roommate and I were both startled by the treatment we received, even though I wasn't checking out that morning.

The skybar is a really nice addition to the hostel, it was clean and the staff was very helpful and patient! They also liked to give you some tips and when I lost my roomkey they were super nice and understandable. Only thing maybe: the other guest in our room weren't that nice, they were a bit annoying and made a lot of nois when waking up (besides from the snorring). They weren't young either. And because they aim for a young public it might be better to place the young people with each other!

The bed could be a little more comfortable

First Wombats I've stayed at this trip, and it's definitely left a good impression. Despite its larger size, good atmosphere, security, and cleanliness are not lacking in the least. Best part about this Wombats is its location--almost every restaurant down the street is worth trying. Go to Good Morning Vietnam, YamYam, Monsieur Vuong, and the bakery next door that sells cinnamon rolls... Yum

In every city I go that have a Wombats, I never doubt about it. Is always the same good service, CLEANING rooms, secure, etc. I wish they were in more cities.

I have stayed in this hostel before and loved it. This time wasn't any different! They have nice bar in the rooftop, great good and atmosphere, and location is great! There is a nice bakery shop just a couple of min walk so we had breakfast every day over there... Anyway, it's definitely a really good choice :-)

Was quite good, very happy with the overall stay.

Stayed here for 4 nights and the service was absolute perfection. The rooms were large and clean and the bar upstairs was always rammed with fun people after 10PM (Nobody in Germany parties before 1AM) - Shower was powerful, toilet was clean and they even let me off after checking out 2 hours late (I was zombified after 4 consecutive days partying)

• 8th Oct 2014

Lovely hostel situated in a good location in Berlin. Loved the bar on the the top floor. The only thing that could be missing is bar crawls from the hostel?

• 8th Oct 2014
  • Sweden

We loved staying here! The rooms were always clean and the beds were comfy. The bar upstairs was awesome to have a few drinks and meet new people and there was a cheap Asian restaurant right across the street when we couldn't be bothered walking anywhere ! Really good stay overall.

Connection to wifi access was annoying

• 7th Oct 2014
  • Switzerland

Wombats is a great place to stay! Staff is super friendly, and the common area and the bar are great places to meet people. Great hostel for solo travelers. I ended up making quite a few good friends. Good location too. Accessible by the metro, its really close to the U2 line. I ended up extending my stay for a night and it was no problem. I would recommend this hostel to anyone, solo travelers or group travelers alike.

• 7th Oct 2014

We were 3 friends and we liked everything in this hostel. The location is the best, you are 7 minuets walk from Alexander-platz and you have buses,train,taxis near by. The pub is nice and have happy hour every day so you can meet people. Amazing balcony in the pub. The staff was so nice and helpful. Nice breakfast for extra charge. We had the best time there definitely will come back.

• 6th Oct 2014
  • Israel

the people at the front desk weren't the friendliest, but everyone i met there staying at the hostel was. it was so easy to meet people and it was a fun place to stay. the only thing i would complain of are the bathroom facilities (which had a strong urine stench), the bedsheets (which were like thin plastic), and the wi-fi (which only seemed to work in the lobby).. other than that, i enjoyed my time here!

Best hostel I've ever stayed at! Big rooms with plenty of space. Friendly and helpful staff. Great location and atmosphere! The bar upstairs is great for meeting new people plus has a great view of the city. I would recommend this place to anyone staying in berlin.

People up front weren't so nice. When asked a simple question they would respond with a question. Might sound weird but quit it and just answer the question

Great place to explore Berlin, nice bar at the 7th floor, where you can meet other travelers.

This place is great.

I stayed in this hostel from the 4th-9th, so practically a week as it was a far cheaper alternative to stay in plus you get to meet many great new people. Wombats really is a great hostel to stay in. The rooms are cleaned everyday by the maids so cannot fault them there when it comes to cleanliness. Staff are friendly and helpful and try to assist whenever they can. It has a great social atmosphere and good location with Alexanderplatz only a 10 min walk away. Would highly recommend to anyone.

Nice hostel situated in attractive district - close to pubs, bars and restaurants and to U-bahn station.