Wombats City Hostel Berlin Reviews

Alte Schoenhauser Strasse 2, Berlin, Germany

All around excellent hostel.

Great hostel in a great spot, staff were friendly and helpful, and when a small problem arose with other guests they were quick to act and dealt with the issue straight away. Roof too bar is a great spot for a drink, and the neighbourhood is great for exploring as well. Would recommend wombats to anyone!!

• 12th Jun 2014

Great bar and atmosphere, very clean and secure. It was one of the more expensive hostels we stayed at however. Not located by a main station, but very easy to get to, it's just one stop away.

WiFi is not working at its best but acceptable

Good all-round Hostel worthy of its great rating!

A larger area in the kitchen for sitting down and eating your food would be a plus, however there is space to eat outside. The staff couldn't be friendlier, and the hostel is located pretty much smack bang in the middle of Berlin. Spotless too.

Outstanding staff are always ready to assist and give really helpful advice when asked. Even the bartenders were terrific. Lovely rooftop patio for food and drinks. Wonderful spot for catching up with new friends after a long day. Downstairs lounge could use more comfortable furniture -- and more of it -- to accommodate more people, and the restraint is not too good, but those are the only suggestions I have. Otherwise, you're doing a great job! I recommend highly!

Good chain hostel! No complaints really, and it's big, so the atmosphere will be what you make of it. Terrace bar was really cool.

This was a clean hostel with comfortable beds. However, while I had my bag in the luggage room, for less than an hour, someone stole my iPad, phone charger, sunglasses and camera. I was furious!!! I told the staff and they said there was nothing they could do about it. It was very poorly dealt with and I will never stay here again. Very disappointing.

Staff very rude at reception, key cards constantly malfunctioning, hallway door to elevator slamming all night and a very poor atmosphere. We were expecting a lot better!

Over all it was a good experience. The only thing I hope they improve on is there Internet. You have to log on every time you use it and if your screen goes blank then you have to sign in again and half the time out doesn't let you sign in.

Wi wi was pretty bad, it never worked when more than one person was trying to connect.

Love this hostel. Close to everything. Atmosphere is young and lively. Helpful staff and very clean. Recommended to anyone traveling to Berlin!

The staff was excellent and helped us plan all of our activities for the day. The facilities were very clean, although a downside was that the wifi didn't seem to work very well anywhere but in the lobby. Overall one of the best hostels we stayed in on our Eurotrip.

Good location - one metro stop away from Alexanderplatz. It was nice that you could eat your meal in the courtyard right outside the kitchen. Only negatives were you weren't allowed to bring your own beer up to the terrace on the roof and the WiFi sucks. They did give each person a free drink ticket to the sky bar.

Awesome place!

Clean rooms and bathrooms. They even rearranged us to share a room with the couple we were travelling with. The staff was helpful with tips and insights to the city.

WiFi can be improved

Loved the neighborhood that the hostel was in - very quaint, hip, clean and fun atmosphere. The staff were very friendly and knowledgeable. Free towels and bed sheets are a plus! The 4 Euros Breakfast Buffet is simple and a good option for maybe a day or two, but go explore other cafes nearby for the same price. Not too much of a college-party vibe but weekends expect loud drunk kids at all hours of the day. Rooms were modern and clean. I would recommend this for a weekend trip!

I've had worse and better