Wombats City Hostel Berlin Reviews

Alte Schoenhauser Strasse 2, Berlin, Germany

Very nice, clean, we'll run hostel. Nice location near U-Bahn stop. Supermarket and many restaurants nearby. A bit loud but what can u expect with huge hostel in Berlin? Would definitely stay again.

Amazing helpful staff, great atmosphere

For the price this place was great... Clean rooms and bathroom. No real chilled out area... Expect the bar upstairs... Easy to get to from the metro (50 meters).. Cheap drinks at the bar... Very much a large chain hostel... But my friend paid twice as much for a hostel in berlin... And not nearly as good! Breakfast was included but for under 4 euros it was very good!

Location was excellent. It was easier to go and came back from anywhere in Berlin. I love front desk's knowledge and ability to answer each question.

• 25th Nov 2014

Have no complaints. Close to two different U Bahn stations. Kitchen and bar area were excellent. Great staff. Very clean. They just did not tell me that I was not getting the all girls room so make sure u specifically request it if you're a girl. Breakfast was mediocre. Warning: they do not have real Nutella at breakfast and the milk is room temperature

it was a great stay here

Really good hostel. Nice stuff, everybody young, nice and cheap bar. The only problem was the bathroom.. it wasn't a warmer in the bathroom and it was a nightmare to take a shower.

stayed here before. like all hostels, has strengths and weaknesses: good guest kitchen with one of the best guest food retention and disposal systems I've seen, excellent breakfast and location for. the rooftop terrace is wonderful but in winter there is a need for more and better common area(s) with comfortable seating for working with laptops etc

I love staying at wombats. they are always on great locations, being a girl travelling solo it's important to be close to things and feel safe. Super close to the main station and Alexanderplatz. really safe and generally a fun place to be. Lots of delicious cheap food around too! maybe 20 minutes walk to Checkpoint Charlie and 'West Berlin' great place

Very clean and nice place! The bar and the lounge are wonderful!

Friendly, clean and excellent value for money, I would defnitely recommend!

• 20th Nov 2014

Everything perfect, the staff the room the bar just perfect, I would go again

• Venezuela

This hostel is really amazing! I totally recommend it!

nice stay!

• India

Terrific stay at Wombats Berlin! Planning on being at Wombats Munich after Christmas, really looking forward to it. Breakfast a terrific bonus.....great value and delicious coffee! One suggestion for room 407 though......sofa upholstery needs a steam cleaning as it is stained and dirty looking. Thanks to all the friendly and helpful staff.

• 19th Nov 2014

I can't think anything negative about my stay in the hostel. clean, friendly stuff and nice facilities. Also the location was perfect. Right in the center! I highly recommend it!

• Greece

We thought that the receptionist who checked us in could have been a little more helpful. We had no idea where we were going and he wasn't too keen on showing us places we needed to go. The atmosphere was wuite dull, we found it hard to meet other travellers so went to St. Christopher where we had a couple of really good nights. I think this is due to the size of the hostel, not sure. The place was, however, extremely clean and the facilities on offer were better than good.

The staff is not friendly at all and the location is just ok because you stay right near of a metro station. But to go everywhere you have to do changes. The bed is good, you have good lockers and plugs. The breakfast is worth considering the prices of the city. Bathroom not very clean.

This hostel ruined all of the other hostels in Europe for us. Great staff as well as other travelers. The highlight of Europe for us! Awesome experience.

• 17th Nov 2014

Awesome hostel. Staff keep everything very clean, and the rooms are spacious and comfortable. The kitchen was fantastic. Their cozy chairs and lounge area made this place feel warm and inviting. The bar was great too - cheap drinks and a friendly atmosphere. Great security for yourself and your belongings. I would definitely stay here again!