Wombats City Hostel Berlin Reviews

Alte Schoenhauser Strasse 2, Berlin, Germany

Cleanest hostel I have been to so far. Very close to transit system and staff were very helpful!

• 25th Jul 2014

It's good concept for young people to stay during their travel, to meet people. Everything was good organised, especially they have the kitchen for cooking, very surprising. I like the atmosphere, and the stuffs, they are very warm and helpful. I will definitely recommended it other friends.

• 25th Jul 2014
  • China

My sister and I discovered Wombats hostel for the first time least year when we spent a weekend in Vienna; when we picked Berlin as our new destination and found out there was a Wombats there as well, we were absolutely thrilled. This is one of the best hostel we've stayed in. I wish there were one Wombats in every city! Thank you to all the staff.

This was my first (and last) time in a Wombats hostel. They're entirely too big and lack a real hostel atmosphere. And it wasn't as clean as I expected. For instance, there were beer bottles and pizza boxes in the room when I got there, which I was told had been there for a few days. I wouldn't stay here again.

Great staff, always there to help, good kitchen, great location near the metro and not far away from great sights. The bar has a great view and the happy hour with 1euro beer is perfect. Flawless!

Amazing was atmosphere and great location, the bar was a great place to meet people. Rooms were well equipped.

• 23rd Jul 2014

Very comfortable hostel - almost like a hotel in its size (both overall and the rooms). The room was quite nice and spacious with an ensuite bathroom and big locker. Given the size, the atmosphere is a little lacking although can overcome this by hanging out in the bar. Very good place if you want to do your own thing, though solo travellers would have to make more of an effort to meet people. The area is quite nice, next to a metro as well as a number of great restaurants and bars in Mitte

The most fun hostel!!! If you want a hostel that doesn't stop having fun this is it! Also great facilities in the building and also very helpful and knowledgable staff to give advice for the daytime! However if you're looking for a good nights sleep maybe search a bit more!

Good hostel, found the room a little to hot though.

This place was great. The rooms are cleaned everyday. Our room was roasting but they had but a fan in it. Even though it was still too hot with the fan on the gesture was greatly appreciated.

Clean rooms. . Great rooftop bar.. one of thr best hostels I have stayed in around the world. .

Great staff, always helped when i needed. It's a good place, i'd be back.

I enjoyed my stay at wombats it's a very big hostel with a lot of people so if you're looking for something smaller and perhaps cheaper this is not the place for you

Good hostal. Not recomended for solo travelers, only big groups are staying. Not a party hostel.

Best hostel in Berlin! Great atmosphere to meet some other travelers, there is always something going on downstairs. The staff is very friendly! Each dorm has its own bathroom, which is a great advantage! The bathrooms gets also cleaned every day. Location: 10 minutes away from Alexanderplats by foot. The bar upstairs is loud but has a very nice view over the city! The roof top terrace is fabulous !!! I would really recommend to stay here

Staff wasn't particularly friendly and was very slow, especially at the bar. I really didnt like that they suggested my student ID as a deposit for the key either, it took a lot from my day having to trek back to get it(students get big discounts for most places). The rooms themselves were pretty nice and clean though. The biggest issue was the wifi: don't even bother staying here if you want internet, it constantly disconnects you. They just aren't equipped to deal with any traffic.

I've stayed at three different Wombats locations at this point, there really isn't anything bad you can say about any of them. I guess it was a little hot in the summer without A/C in the rooms, but that's about it. Great spot to stay.

This is definitely more of a party hostel. The staff were all very friendly and the location is good, but it's definitely not a quiet place to stay! The best place to meet other travelers is the (fun and very reasonably priced) bar, which is only open at night however. The common area in the lobby isn't the best place to meet new people.

This a really good hostel. The rooms were clean and there were lots of people. The bar on the roof and free drink voucher makes it easy to meet people. Would definitely reccomend this place. I would say it is a better for exploring tourist sites cause it's closer to them. If your looking to go to clubs it might be a little bit far but only about 15 min by subway so definitely not too bad.

The hostel had all the necessary amenities however due to the large number of tour buses that stayed at the hostel it was difficult to meet other travellers.