Wombats City Hostel Berlin Reviews

Alte Schoenhauser Strasse 2, Berlin, Germany

Overall a great hostel, some staff was not particularly nice but nothing too important..

Wombat hostels are cool! I always have a great time in Berlin. Cool bar on the roof!!

The location, the staff and the people were just amazing. 100% recommended.

Wombats are great stayed in munich and in berlin both were awesome

• 3rd Oct 2014

Everything was great about Wombats... We had some bad advice from the night-shift manager who said to go to the Berghain Ostgut. Our group of 2 couples were refused entry bc we weren't grungy enough or gay. He recommended Suicide Circus which was a short taxi ride away. We were dropped off and quickly pick-pockeded by some drug dealers. We came back 20 minutes and they had beat up 3 guys and robbed them completely (phone/passport etc). Advice: Be careful at the clubs. Robbers are out!!!

• 3rd Oct 2014

Good hostel but if you need a facility in there, dont expect that staff will help you. It seems very rude.

Wombats was great considering the price. Friendly day staff, but not so much the night staff. The skybar is nice. Good prices on beer and spirits. I would stay there again, and recommend to a friend.

• 2nd Oct 2014

We really enjoyed our stay. Great facilities. We really enjoyed the bar and entertainment area on the roof. It gave us a place to chill out at end of big day exploring Berlin, and very well priced beverages. Close to train station and reasonably close to most inner city places you would want to see.

You know exactly what you are going to get when you stay in a wombat hostel . Good location, good security, a bit pricey . Overall always a good opttion for a hostel.

I had stayed in Wombats Vienna and Budapest before, and I must say that I also liked staying at the Wombats Hostel in Berlin very very much. The staff was really friendly and the location of the hostel was perfect. Thank you for all the great people who have made our journey even more pleasant :)

Clean place to stay, and in a really convenient location. Annoying that there is such a late check in and early check out, but that's how all wombats are.

Rooftop bar was awesome with really good happy hour deals. Nice, clean, updated hostel a less than two minute walk from the metro station which was great. Would definitely stay here again!

Awesome rooftop bar.

• 1st Oct 2014

The hostel was very clean and safe, staff were helpful, wifi worked well and the location was decent. I didn't think breakfast was worth the price though.

This is one of the best hostels I have ever been to. They have a great Sky Bar which is the perfect place to meet new people and have fun. Rooms and bathrooms deserve full marks for cleanliness and the beds are cozy. Its also not too far from the central station and other tourist sites which makes it convenient to explore Berlin.

• India

Best place I've ever stayed!!!

• 30th Sep 2014

The staff here are the best I have had yet! Very kind, friendly and helpful! On my checkout day I was still ... and was at least 30 mins over checkout and had lost my key. No dramas just gave me a key to get my stuff and then the shower key cos I was a mess haha... Best shower ever! Rooms were great and even when I had really boring plain janes in my all girl dorm they let me change rooms. Location was good too, it's easy to navigate your way around Berlin and train is 2 mins away

• 30th Sep 2014

amazing location, very close to city center. i think due to many good reviews, people flock to this hostel. i stayed in a 6 bed female dorm for 2 nights and both nights all beds are occupied. atmosphere is happening and staff are very helpful to print my train tickets. center table in my dorm was not cleared out and many things scattered on the floor, left behind by previous occupant. i guess the cleaner must've not know which things are of the current occupants or not.

I have been to Berlin many times (super fun city) and I love the location that Wombats is in. Right in the middle of everything. I traveled alone and was able to meet people up in the rooftop bar and the rooms really quickly. Everyone is there to have a good time and converse. Clean rooms. I have stayed in tons of hostels all around the world before and this one is definitely high on my list of recommendations. Free welcome drink when you come as well!

• 27th Sep 2014

Unfriendly staff. Bar full of kids but that was just unfortunate timing. Breakfast rubbish compared with the amazing one in wombats Vienna!