Wombats City Hostel Berlin Reviews

Alte Schoenhauser Strasse 2, Berlin, Germany

Everything was good, what I wanted. Only downfall where the roommates, one snored pretty loudly but he warned us beforehand and offered earplugs. Another guy came in and kept talking to the person above me making it hard sleep but that is the downfall of random roommates so it's not the hostels fault. Overall I'd come again (as long as those same ppl aren't there haha)

The best part about this hostel was the rooftop bar. Met a lot of people just by going up and having a couple beers. Highly recommended!

Clean, cheap, good vibe. All the great little touches, wifi in the rooms, sturdy wooden beds that don't disturb everyone else, swipe card lockers in rooms, individual power socket and light. One of the best.

I love wombat's! They were great :)

• 18th May 2015

Great place to meet people. Central location

Great hostel! Handy kitchen with supermarket just up the street. Fun hostel bar on the roof with good drink prices and friendly fellow travellers! Would recommend

Very nice hostel. Friendly staff

• 16th May 2015
  • Argentina

We really enjoyed staying at W. City hostel. It is nice place, with lovely people and so close to city center.

Only complaint would be that the beds were a bit stiff but everything else was perfect! The Staff is UNBELIEVABLY friendly and the facilities are fantastic.

Wombats City Hostel Berlin is perfect for the backpackers/world travelers that are looking for a social atmosphere. It was easy to meet other travelers at the Wombats bar, free drink awarded to you when you first arrive. As far as the hostel itself; the WiFi worked great, the room I stayed in was clean, the staff were super helpful, and if you arrive prior to check in you'll have a secure place to keep your bag. Next time I'm in Berlin, I'll definitely be staying here again!

They pretty much have every bring here. No charge to rent towels. Multiple free drink vouchers for the rooftop bar. Full kitchen with every utensil you need. Outside court yard on the main floor. Meticulously cleaned and maintained everyday. Good location. The staff are very helpful too. Highly recommend

This place was very clean and well-maintained. About a 30 minute walk from a lot of things, location isn't great but public transit is good. Room was very comfortable, I booked a 6 bed mixed dorm but was given a 4 bed for the same price. Security is excellent.

Had a good stay at Wombats. The bar on the top floor was lively and had a good vibe, especially during the happy hour periods, with cheap drinks. The rooms were tidy and quiet enough at night. The only downside might be that they don't book specific bunks, so if you're unlucky you might not get a bunk with the other(s) you booked with. Would recommend.

Loved it! I would definitely stay again. I had a phone interview for a job and I needed somewhere quiet. The only quiet place was the kitchen and I may have had to stay there past closing, and the staff was totally cool. They even gave a me a free drink ticket after! The facilities are amazing as well. Really social place. Quite nice rooms, not too packed.

a really cool hostel. clean and cheap with a really cool bar and location. great for young travelers. slightly lacking on information for sights etc.

Pretty good,

The Wombats City Hostel Berlin was the best hostel I´ve stayed on my recent trip around Europe. I chose a female room for 4 people. The room was very large (with very large lockers too) and it was always very clean. By choosing Wombats, I could enjoy the comfort of a hotel and the great atmosphere of a hostel (Wombats has a great rooftop bar with a beautiful view of the city, which makes clear the excellent location of the hostel). Where there is Wombats in Europe, it will be my choice.

• 12th May 2015

Stayed in a private room for 7 nights. Confortable bed, good bathroom, they have a terrace with an awesome view to the TV Tower (Fernsehturm). Wi fi connection was amazing, even from the terrace outside the room. I definetely recommend the private rooms. And the guys at the reception were kind and helped me with information about the city.I have a sugestion. If someone book a private room, the hostel should provide free breakfast. I think it makes sense... : ) Thank you for everything.

The staff were less than helpful

...all of them? We'll have a chat with our team.

We really liked our stay at the hostel. The staff was very friendly and helpful, and the breakfast for Euro 3,80 was awesome. We stayed in room 606 which was great and spacious for two people. We really liked the Wombar as well...happy hour with cheap beer and great view.