Wombats City Hostel Berlin Reviews

Alte Schoenhauser Strasse 2, Berlin, Germany

Awesome atmosphere with a very helpful staff - I have already recommended the location to three other friends!

• 29th Aug 2014

Pretty average in general. Of all the hostels I've stayed in this has to be the most boring. No activities organized, but at least it was quiet when it needed to be. Only good thing going for it is the awesome view from the terrace. Except it's only open from 6pm according to staff. As many others say, the WiFi is useless. If you're lucky you get it in your room. Otherwise you need to hang in the lobby.

• 29th Aug 2014
  • New Zealand

The best hostel I have ever stayed in - they have everything you could need.

I stayed at Wombats City Hostel, Berlin from 28 August to 03 September 2014 with my wife on vacation; we were for the first time in Berlin and indeed in Germany. My daughter joined us from USA. I will never forget those few days. It was simply wonderful!

• 28th Aug 2014
  • India

Nice staff, cool bar and rooftop they even sell flip flops :) the hostel is one station away from alexanderPlatz, perfect.

I took 3 showers 3 times cold water, the locker was broken and none was able to fix it, a guy was sleeping in my bed, a guy from the reception was rude, the breakfast is not great, the check out at 10 am is just insane, expecially for berlin night life. + good location, clean, a girl from the reception is super cool, breakfast is cheap and all you can eat

Really friendly hostel, close to all transport. Staff were helpful and let us in at a very early hour in the morning and gave us the key to have a shower! Room was clean and the balcony bar with free drink won us over!

A great hostel. Knowledgable staff. Great set out with a rooftop bar. Rooms set out well and there is a kitchen downstairs as well. Overall, a great stay.

Very helpful staff and flexible arrangements. Each room has its own bathroom. Terrace at the top is cool.

First hostel I stayed at during my backpacking trip through Europe. Nice clean hostel with good security. Good breakfast for 3,80 euro and nice bar on top of hostel. The hostel is only a 15 minute walk from museum inland. If you do not want to walk to the downtown area the u bahn is right around the corner. Staff was great. Staff member called the airport for me to check on my lost luggage. Only complaint was this was a slightly party hostel. Overall a very good hostel.

Really enjoyed my stay! I shall definitely be recommending Wombat's to others. (My only niggle would be that the kitchen became overcrowded during meal times as there was simply not enough surface space.)

• 25th Aug 2014

Great Hostel with good facilities and very clean. Helpful staff and awesome rooftop bar where you'll meet lots of people. Great place to stay!

Can't say enough good things about this hotel. AMAZING atmosphere, great facilities, the bar upstairs is great. It's in a good area and the staff was beyond helpful. Met some great people here and would stay again if we went back (and we will be!)

Stayed here for three nights, the staff were helpful and within walking distance to Alexanderplatz and right across from another metro station. Had a great vibe and the bar was a great place to meet people

They had everything that's necessary for a backpacker to enjoy Berlin. The staff are very helpful and the rooms very comfortable and cleanwich provides an enjoyable stay.

The location isn't bad, being rather close to the Berlin night life. As a result, you get a much younger party crowd here, for better or worse. Our roommates were extremely rude and unsanitary, which truly diminished the quality of our overall stay. The rooftop bar was also quite subpar. It was incredibly noisy, to the point where you would have to shout to speak to the person next to you. The beer was also flat, so I'd equate it to a cheap college bar. For the price it was a very average hostel

The staff except for one female with short hair were not helpful. If asked for a restaurant reccomendation or where to head out the staff gave one word answers or prompt replies as though they had better things to do. They were not busy I was the only one at reception on all these occasions. I was given misinformation by one female staff member about location of a park that had an open air event. The atmosphere was cold - they need a proper common room not the reception area. :)

• 22nd Aug 2014

I know there's restrictions, but keep the rooftop open later?

• 22nd Aug 2014

The location is good, walking distance to many of the sights. The man working nights on reception was very patient and understanding, helping me find my way around the city. The bathroom in my dorm room didn't appear to be cleaned daily and it was in need of it. Overall, it's a decent hostel. I'd stay there again.

Amazing hostel. All staff were really helpful, the rooms were spotless, rooftop bar was excellent for meeting people and the location was also great.