Wombats City Hostel Berlin Reviews

Alte Schoenhauser Strasse 2, Berlin, Germany

One of my favourite hostels I've ever stayed in. I was worried when we arrived because the guy at reception was extremely rude to me but everything after that was brilliant. Spacious, clean rooms. The terrace bar is fantastic for meeting people and is really cheap. The whole hostel just has a friendly vibe and it has everything you need. Really near Alexanderplatz too so the location is brilliant.

Maybe you could have lockers (paid if necessary to offset cost) people could access downstairs instead of the general "luggage room" just to increase security.

A big hostel with a big hostel atmosphere. Good location, near a metro station, one stop from Alexanderplatz. The staff could be better tough.

Rooftop bar was great and the factilities were clean. A little hard to meet people because people seem cut off from one another. No common space other than the lobby.

The hostel provided free pasta and rice and a large kitchen to cook in, so I saved a lot of money on food costs while I was staying there. The computers often broke down but there is an internet cafe across the street. The hostel is near an underground station and a grocery store, which was quite nice. The staff were very friendly and helpful and gave the hostel a great atmosphere.

Had a great time at Wombats in Berlin. The staff was friendly and there was a friendly vibe once I checked in. It's conveniently located near a u-bahn (metro) station. I definitely recommend getting a bike for a day too. The hostel is located in a hip neighborhood in Berlin with lots of boutique shops, restaurants, and bars. There's also a nice rooftop bar in the hostel. I wouldn't recommend the breakfast though. Would say here again.

Roof top bar was great and also cheap. Didnt like that terrace is closed every night at 10pm! Rooms were big and lockers worked fine. Internet was quite good as well. Good breakfast!

Nice rooftop and very kind and friendly staff

• 8th Jul 2014
  • Portugal

The staff were courteous and friendly. The facilities were well maintained and accessible.

• 8th Jul 2014

We were in an all female dorm which was great fun and we got to know everyone. The wombar is a great place to get to know everyone in the hostel! The wii was really good, good enough for face timing. Had to get the metro to get into the centre but to be honest you probably could have walked! Great city,great hostel. If you had any question or needed something the stuff would have an answer. Also an amazing Vietnamese across the road- goo morning Vietnam- really good food and really cheap!

The best hostel I have stayed in. I have stayed in brilliant hostels before (eg St Christoper's, Barcelona) but Wombat tops it. Brilliant atmosphere, very safe (key card entry on two doors) and staff wonderful. Guests friendly and bar cheap and lively. Location perfect for exploring all over Berlin and beyond (close to Bahnhof Alexanderplatz and good connections to Hauptbahnhof Berlin)

• 7th Jul 2014
  • Scotland

The details boys.. They just take your details. The best bar in Berlin is berlin itself in the eunner. 24 hours a day you can buy beer this is Germany boys. Details, they just take the details *crumples up paper and tosses it behind him* the greatest bar in the summer in Berlin is berlin itself. Details *crumples up paper for the 3rd time*..details boys".. Ifs Germany boys. Great place except they let these drugged out guys into our room room early and interrupted our sleep. Overall 10/10details

• 5th Jul 2014

Excelllent chain of hostels. I would definitely come back.

Hostel was amazing, staff great. So helpful. The rooftop bar and terrace were great. The bar needed more air but other that that it was perfect!

• 5th Jul 2014
  • Scotland

We loved our stay at Wombats a lot so we stayed in Wombats in Budapest as well! The rooms are tidy and nice, good plugs and lockers etc. The hostel is quite big. What made it though was the bar on the top floor, we met so many cool people! Would reccommend! :)

Thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Wombats Berlin! The hostel was extremely clean and organised which made an excellent start to our Interrailing journey. We even went back to the Wombats chain in Budapest after having such a great experience in Berlin - so thank you!

Wombats Berlin is fantastic! The bar is on a roof top with brilliant views of the city and well priced drinks. The laundry is reasonably priced. The rooms were spacious and the beds comfy and clean. The staff were lovely and very helpful. Overall a hostel that continues to deserve rave reviews!

• 3rd Jul 2014

The only issue is that the wifi does not normally work in the room. Only in the hall.

• 3rd Jul 2014
  • Spain

The best Wombats we've been! The room was great, clean and with a good wifi. The social spaces are not so nice as in the other wombats, but it's good anyway. The only problem were that people stole our food from the fridge, something that hadn't happened before. But I would definitely stay there again.

Great location and helpful staff. Nice rooms with big lockers. I would recommend this hostel to anyone traveling to Berlin.