Wombats City Hostel Berlin Reviews

Alte Schoenhauser Strasse 2, Berlin, Germany

I stayed at Wombats for 2 nights. The twin private room was surprisingly large and had a small terrace with a great view of Berlin. The bar was great as well (you get a free drink upon arrival) and the staff was very welcoming. The location was also a big plus; there are a number of restaurants nearby and the stop for the bus to Tegel airport is within walking distance.

It is a great hostel. I would come back. It was a bit noisy at night when others came home, but this did not bother me.

• 14th Mar 2015
  • Switzerland

Excellent hostel! The female room is cozy and clean. Sturdy beds, fresh bed lining, and modern showing room. It's next to a subway, which is only one stop Alex plaza, so it is convenient to go every where in Berlin. Definitely recommended!

good hostel. was really clean and comfortable beds. also liked the kitchen you can use for cooking. recommend the breakfast next door. all in all I really enjoyed my time here.

We checked in late Friday evening, after a long travel day, only to have to try to quietly make our beds as our roommate was sleeping. It was inconvenient to have to make our beds and we felt quite bad for the sleeping person already in the room, as it was loud to open the sheets, fit them on the mattress, around the duvet and over the pillow. This was the beginning of many disappointments.

• 13th Mar 2015

thanks for your feedback. we do cover all beds in private rooms, but to keep the costs and prices for dorm rooms low, we don't do it in those once. it shouldn't be to much trouble to cover one bed neither should it produce any/too much noice. to share a room requires a certain amount of respect for everyone and while we are happy to read that you did care about your roommates sleep, he/she might understand that sometimes people check in late...

actually i was visited this hostel at 2011. when i was visited at 2011, it was very nice. but this time, i was disappointed. there are still use same furniture. So Bunk beds are creaking stumbled.

• 12th Mar 2015
  • South Korea

I stayed in female dorm; this was the biggest dorm i've stayed ever! Maybe it was low season so that it was not crowdy at all. Location is easy to reach. BTW, I got a free drink coupon in the top floor bar!

• 11th Mar 2015
  • Taiwan

When we talk about big hostels, The Wombats Berlin, is definetely one of the best examples. They have all the primary elements that make the guests feel he is on a high level hostel. -Good locker -Individual plug and light -Good wi fi -Good location -Enough bathrooms (the bathrooms are the best) -Cleanliness Beyond that, the hostel also provides facilities that are not so necessary but lead the experience thru a high level!

Could be more clean than it was, but I guess that depends also on your room mates. Nice facilities, nice staff, felt really secure with great lockers, good atmosphere and a very cheap/good breakfast

Rooms were good. Location is okay but a little bit of a walk from downtown so if you are looking for something right in the middle this might not be it. Wifi was good the first day but not working my second night and the breakfast is just okay.

Have heard real horror stories about hostels so was dreading going with the cheap option but wombats was brilliant. Nice people, good security 30seconds walk to the Ubahn and two stops to a major interchange made getting around easy. I think I paid around 50 - 55 euros for 5 days for a bed in room with three other girls excellent value for a clean safe room in the heart of berlin.

• 9th Mar 2015

Great place to stay in Berlin, only problem in my personal opinion is that guests are drunk all the time.

Great stay!!!

Considering this was a well known hostel we were disappointed. Room was spacious but full of dust. The shower started flooding after 5 mins or so, meaning if more than one person wanted to shower we had to stop regularly to let the water drain. Bar upstairs was lacklustre at best and the free drink I got (white wine) I couldn't even finish it tasted so bad. Location was not great. Lockers were key card access. Good kitchen with free pasta but no common area. Breakfast worth it for 3.80.

thanks for your stay and feedback, we're sorry to read you got disappointed! can't say anything about the dust as we do clean every room daily (even the empty once get a swipe), but please mention stuff like a blocked drain whenever you have such a problem whereever you stay straight away - it's the easierst and quickest way to solve an issue like that one... wishing you a happy journey!

People at the front desk are awesome and super helpful with everything. I really enjoyed my stay there and it was pretty centrally located. Metro is easy to figure out and the brochures at the front desk are helpful if you want to do any tours - I did the concentration camp tour which was well worth the twelve euro cost! Only advice, don't eat at the restaurant downstairs, especially if you're looking for a burger because they are not too great. Great stay though!!

The rooms are very big, the breakfast and the restaurant are great...

Superb hostel - excellent value for money - brilliant staff - Rooftop bar is really fun - an all-round top hostel

• 6th Mar 2015

Everything was really good, and the location is amaing.. The breakfast though, is quiet expessive.. Also last night i found a small Cockroach on my bed! Generally it was a nice stay and i would prefer it again.

This was a great hostel. The staff was so nice and accommodating, great rooms, and tons of amenities for the price. The restaurant had a great deal for breakfast which was greatly appreciated and the sky bar was AWESOME! It was such a social experience and I made friends just by grabbing my free beer offered to my by the hostel for welcoming me to my stay. They had a wide variety of brochures with great excursion options and nights out, very well located, and all around a great experience!

One of the best hostels I have ever been to. Compared to the ones in Great-Britain, Wombats seems like a hotel rather than a hostel. Just amazing.

• 3rd Mar 2015