Wombats City Hostel Berlin Reviews

Alte Schoenhauser Strasse 2, Berlin, Germany

This is a good Hostel, but in he 6th floor there was a few issues with the water flow. The floor was full and when we go to the shower there was no water. We went to the manager and we had an unsatisfactory answer.: " you have to wait until someone go out of the bath, then wait for the water to heat and then you can shower" or use a shared bathroom, no matter we had paid an ensuite room. This was a problem and brought to us schedule inconvenience. We hope in the future they can solve this.

• 14th Apr 2015
  • Colombia

thanks for your feedback. the water problem is solved and shouldn't happen again. sorry you had this experience and received such an answer! hope to welcome you some other day again to prove it's been an exception.

Great location, about a 15 minute walk to all the main sites. Rooms & bathroom were spacious and clean. Hostel bar was cheap and cheerful :) Great for a week/weekend getaway.

• 13th Apr 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

All round excellent, staff went out of their way to be helpful, rooms use a keycard for door and lockers which is excellent and the rooftop bar is cheap and great to meet other travellers!

Everything was great, thank you!

My favourite hostel so far because the room was huge, bathroom good size and atmosphere really good. I also prefer the locker system of using your room key to close it it seems much more secure. The bar wasn't amazing but it had a fantastic view. Overall I enjoyed my stay

The staff is great, such nice people! And there's a amazing view in the roof!

Overall, this hostel was a great place to stay in Berlin. Staff was extremely friendly and helpful, rooms were clean and the location was awesome - close to the metro, shops, and plenty of restaurants. Really enjoyed the rooftop bar/terrace (especially on warm, sunny evenings). Only complaints about this hostel was that the shower in our room was a bit leaky (be wary of leaving anything on the floor) and the WiFi was spotty at times. Other than that, had so much fun here!

• 10th Apr 2015

Great place. It is quite big, so doesn't have that cozy atmosphere. But the service has, of course, a German standart. Very clean and very organized. The breakfast has great value. The terrace has a amazing view from the city and I think should be amazing during summer time. The bar on the terrace is always in a good vibe. Great to make new friends. Guest were mostly very young people, like under 20's, during my stay. That was the only down point for me. Maybe I´m too old. =D

great hostel, friendly staff. beware of leaving food in the fridge. sometimes it gets stolen

You can take No.142 bus directly to the hostel from berlin central station. And also can use tram and metro just few steps from the hostel. I will still choose here next time!!!

The hostel was great. Everything you would expect and more of a hostel. The bar upstairs was very fun and had space for a lot of people. Reception was incredibly helpful and knowledgable. The location was good but expect to walk far or take the underground to get to the main tourist destinations, although the location was in a very fun area. Overall amazing hostel and I highly recommend.

To be honest when I was booking I was a bit skeptical because this hostel seemed to be really sheep in comparison with the surrounding hostels. But when I arrived there I totally liked the hostel. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was clean and well furnished. The common kitchen could be a bit bigger and the internet more accessible in the dorms. We really enjoyed our stay in this hostel I would definitely recommend it to my friends.

• 6th Apr 2015
  • Lebanon

Rooms were great, clean and pretty. There was a staff girl kind of rude, great breakfast, they give you a beer and the rooftop view is awesome.

Very nice hostel in a great location. You can get anywhere in Berlin, while being located in a cool, hip neighborhood (Mitte). This hostel does host a lot of groups, but as a solo traveler I found it to be interesting to be around a large group of people from other places. The upstairs bar is awesome and has good prices, especially during happy hour. It's the best place to meet new people. The staff was very nice and helpful. Security is very good. Spacious rooms and lockers. Everything I needed

WLAN wouldn't work very well or not at all at certain times of the day. Coffee machine gave me hot chocolate instead of coffee. Breakfast wasn't very good at all...bad value and no variety. Outside terrace of bar was nice. Otherwise, everything was pretty much average for a hostel.

• 5th Apr 2015

thanks for your feedback. the coffee machine in our lobby offers different types of drinks depending on the button pressed. 3,80€ for an all you can eat breakfast buffet with over 20 different eatable products every day and fresh bean coffee is the chapest we can offer - we don't make a single euro with it. we're working on our wifi, hope to see some improvement soon...

It was very clean, the rooms were fairly spacious for a hostel. The rooftop bar was cool and you automatically get a free drink for staying at the hostel. The staff was very helpful and friendly. Most importantly the wifi was on point! best wifi at a hostel I have ever had!

Great hostel. If the price is right definitely worth staying there

It's too far away from the station.

thanks for your stay. our hostel is one minute from the metro and bus station rosa-luxemburg-platz and a 10 minutes bus ride to the citys main train station (btw: happy not to run a hostel over there). we've even add a few minutes to every direction-text we've ever published. so when you've booked out hostel... anyway: wishing you a wonderful journey!

Great stay at Wombats! No complaints, decent location, very helpful staff.

Wombats was a great place to stay in Berlin! It was an easy walk to Museum Island, and from there to other important historic areas. We got upgraded from a 6 bedroom dorm to a 4 bedroom with an ensuite bathroom for free. Everything was very clean and the staff was helpful and nice. Definitely would stay again.