Wombats City Hostel Berlin Reviews

Alte Schoenhauser Strasse 2, Berlin, Germany

They lost my hoody

• 19th May 2014
  • Austria

Enjoyed our stay, especially the Roof Top bar. Good morning Vietnam restaurant across the road excellent.

not great WIFI!!!! FIX THAT! Also I was shocked to find out that this is one of the top ten best party hostels in the world... I did not think the place was that much fun. But everything about Berlin is fantastic and this hostel is very easy to get to and get around from.

I was very pleased with everything.

• 18th May 2014

Excellent rooftop top better and amazing staff who are more than helpful. Straight off the bat your friend and not just employee of the facility.

We really enjoyed our time at wombats, Berlin is an amazing city! The hostel has great facilities and lots of information regarding exploring the city sites and nightlife etc. would definelty stay here again!

Friendly, helpful and informed staff. Good location. Roof top bar.

A little hard for solo travellers to connect with other travellers amongst the many groups on a tour. However, I did manage. Staff were great!

very nice hostel good located. I have very nice days in Berlin, thank you!!!

My favorite hostel of the whole trip. Great location and very, very clean.

They cleaned the rooms every day which was great. Stayed in a 6 bed dorm and we had a bathroom between us. Bathroom and rooms were quite nice. Wifi sucked. The bar was the best out of all the hostels so far. Staff was ok. Not overly friendly or helpful. Free towels and sheets were great as well. Location wasn't bad. Berlins huge so it's hard to have a great location I think. There's a little middle eastern restaurant around the corner, Luxa? So good. Atmosphere was great. Would recommend.

It's the best hostel I've never been. Very good atmosphere and very nice staff. I had an interview, I needed a private place and they gave me the bar. They trusted me and they left me there alone. I met so many people, they had a great bar so it's perfect if you're traveling alone. Very nice area, close to Alexander Platz. I will definitely choose wombat city hostel if I am traveling to Vienna, Munich, Berlin or Budapest.

• 11th May 2014
  • Morocco

This is a great hostel! It's in a good location not far from the city centre attractions, the room had plenty of space and was clean, and also had an ensuite which was very pleasing. Staff were very friendly and helpful, and while I had to pay a little extra for the breakfast it was pretty decent food. Also full marks for the rooftop bar, the view from the balcony of Berlin is stunning (not to mention the free drink token)!

The best hostel I've ever been!

This hostel is generally good, but I booked a '2 bed apartment ensuite', it turns out it is a 1 bed apartment, and the other person sleeps on the couch. Still good value, but the description is misleading if not downright dishonest.

• 11th May 2014
  • El Salvador

My boyfriend and I stayed 4 nights in a 6 bed mixed dorm ensuite. Its location, near Alexanderplatz, makes it an ideal place to stay. All staff members were extremely friendly and helpful. It is the perfect style of hostel to meet other travelers from around the world. The Happy Hour in the bar (upstairs) is a must! Even though there is a lot of atmosphere the rooms are extremely quiet at night. We spent 3 weeks in Germany and this is by far one of the best hostels we stayed at.

Great hostel, first time travelling on my own and met nice people. Felt welcome and at home.

• 10th May 2014

Only thing I would like to see changed is having to log in and in again of the internet service

Staff upon check in made me feel at home. Very accommodating and helpful.

• 10th May 2014

Not a bad hostel but certainly not anything amazing. Cool bar upstairs