Wombats City Hostel Berlin Reviews

Alte Schoenhauser Strasse 2, Berlin, Germany

Great hostel with fun atmosphere. The rooftop bar and cozy kitchen made it easy to meet others as a solo traveller, despite the size of the hostel. Located near the train, therefore easy access across Berlin and out of the city.

great location but did find the staff very hostile, this seemed to be a Berlin trend though. wasn't the best atmosphere, hostel puts on facade of being party friendly but this was not the case. location couldn't be better 10 minute walk to TV tower and very close to train station

Nice place, good bar upstairs with roof deck, easy to get around the city.

I don't have enough words to describe how much I liked to host in Wombats. That was really the best hostel I've ever stayed. It's clean, well-located, very nice atmosphere, cheap (more than should be, I must say...hahaha) and it also has a great staff.

The staff are very nice. The very close proximity to U-Bahn is convenient. Definitely will be back.

Absolutely loved this place! Would definitely go back, made some great friends which we spent the rest of our time with. The breakfast is great value for money (€3.80) can eat as much as you want! The bar on the top is cheap and fun. Everything was very clean and the heaters work amazingly ! Laundry is easy to use and fairly cheap including the washing powder. Can't fault this place.

• 5th Jan 2015

staff are so rude

• 4th Jan 2015

We enjoyed our stay very much and had a nice room with a great view over berlin. The subway was easy to reach (right around the corner) and the restaurant "luisiana kid" serves exellent breakfast and other food. Great hostel for a great price

• 4th Jan 2015

I got sick the 2nd day, the staff was super kind! They changed our rooms (me and 2 roomies) to avoid our new super incredibly smelly roomies, that was amazing! And when I got sicker, they where too kind, opened the kitchen at night for me, helped me to a doctor... I ended up in the hospital, and wombats took care of my stuff and putted my laptop in a locker! They are amazing people, also as a girl I felt safe. The bar was nice, and the view was great! Go to Berlin? Go to Wombats! ☻

I had a good experience at Wombats in Berlin, central location, friendly staff, secure building, clean, nil issues.

Great hostel, nice and helpful staff. Good breakfast. Excellent location

Thoroughly disappointed with the facilities of this hostel. Breakfast didn't have a toaster for the slightly stale bread, and the cutlery was dirty on a number of occasions. Our room door was also left open after the cleaners, while we were out. The wifi is terrible, only available on the ground floor and in the breakfast room. It was also ridiculously slow. Rooms were mostly clean, ad it was quiet. Will not return

Great Hostel.

Really clean and friendly environment!

• 2nd Jan 2015

Not much of a common area. Staff were nice however and it was really clean. The bar was pretty good with a nice view, the only problem is that the place is so big you can never find someone the next day if you don't exchange details. Hard to meet others. Overall good standard though!

I absolutely loved Paulina who took us out in the crawl She became one of our friends during our stay, it was so much fun! The pub crawl was amazing and had such a blast, great crew, great place! So central to everything

• 2nd Jan 2015

Excellent value for money, I stayed at double bed ensuite (what the hostel call an apartment) and was surpirise how spacious, clean and well-equiped it was. Well done, one of my best hostel experiences!

Really liked everything about the Wombats city hostel! It almost felt like a hotel at times. Super close to the U Bahn which made sight seeing really easy! Breakfast was exellent, £3.80 got me a big meal so I was not as hungry for lunch. I want to try some other wombats hostels, they are more expensive than the conventional hostel— but if you are looking for a step up from a hostel, without the hotel price this is the place for you!

Everything is good except wifi. Not connected at room

Nice hostel. Big and proprer bedroom, helpful staff, two steps from the subway station. Pillows could be better and the linen are not easy to put on the bed.