Wombats City Hostel Berlin Reviews

Alte Schoenhauser Strasse 2, Berlin, Germany

Very helpful staff and flexible arrangements. Each room has its own bathroom. Terrace at the top is cool.

First hostel I stayed at during my backpacking trip through Europe. Nice clean hostel with good security. Good breakfast for 3,80 euro and nice bar on top of hostel. The hostel is only a 15 minute walk from museum inland. If you do not want to walk to the downtown area the u bahn is right around the corner. Staff was great. Staff member called the airport for me to check on my lost luggage. Only complaint was this was a slightly party hostel. Overall a very good hostel.

Really enjoyed my stay! I shall definitely be recommending Wombat's to others. (My only niggle would be that the kitchen became overcrowded during meal times as there was simply not enough surface space.)

• 25th Aug 2014

Great Hostel with good facilities and very clean. Helpful staff and awesome rooftop bar where you'll meet lots of people. Great place to stay!

Can't say enough good things about this hotel. AMAZING atmosphere, great facilities, the bar upstairs is great. It's in a good area and the staff was beyond helpful. Met some great people here and would stay again if we went back (and we will be!)

Stayed here for three nights, the staff were helpful and within walking distance to Alexanderplatz and right across from another metro station. Had a great vibe and the bar was a great place to meet people

They had everything that's necessary for a backpacker to enjoy Berlin. The staff are very helpful and the rooms very comfortable and cleanwich provides an enjoyable stay.

The location isn't bad, being rather close to the Berlin night life. As a result, you get a much younger party crowd here, for better or worse. Our roommates were extremely rude and unsanitary, which truly diminished the quality of our overall stay. The rooftop bar was also quite subpar. It was incredibly noisy, to the point where you would have to shout to speak to the person next to you. The beer was also flat, so I'd equate it to a cheap college bar. For the price it was a very average hostel

The staff except for one female with short hair were not helpful. If asked for a restaurant reccomendation or where to head out the staff gave one word answers or prompt replies as though they had better things to do. They were not busy I was the only one at reception on all these occasions. I was given misinformation by one female staff member about location of a park that had an open air event. The atmosphere was cold - they need a proper common room not the reception area. :)

• 22nd Aug 2014

I know there's restrictions, but keep the rooftop open later?

• 22nd Aug 2014

The location is good, walking distance to many of the sights. The man working nights on reception was very patient and understanding, helping me find my way around the city. The bathroom in my dorm room didn't appear to be cleaned daily and it was in need of it. Overall, it's a decent hostel. I'd stay there again.

Amazing hostel. All staff were really helpful, the rooms were spotless, rooftop bar was excellent for meeting people and the location was also great.

The only problem we encountered (a minor annoyance) was the closing of the terrace at 10pm, but that is understandable really considering that it is a residential area.

• 21st Aug 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Fantastic hostel :)

• 21st Aug 2014

Very friendly and helpful staff. Highly efficient.

Great location , super clean, awesome rooftop bar with a free drink, every bed has its own reading light

Great bar on the roof and good shower facilities.

An accomodation for Young People mostly. If you stay there for sightseeing (perfect Location, Walking distance to the main Museums!) it is better to use earplugs since it is very noisy even after midnight (room doors, shouting and laughing). Rooms are practical and clean. We had towels although it said in the description they would be for hire. Breakfast buffet is really good for the price.

Wish I'd stayed for longer!

Great Hostel. Has everything that you need and it is really confortable. I would definitely stay again!