Wombats City Hostel Berlin Reviews

Alte Schoenhauser Strasse 2, Berlin, Germany

Great location! Loved meeting the people here. Lots of great restaurants in the area. Walking distance to Alexander Platz. WIFI was poor on the 4th floor for me. Simple relocation to the 7th floor terrace or the common area was ok for me. Would have liked it better in my room though. Would love to come again!

Price vs location is just excellent, staff was also very friendly. WomBar disappointed us a little bit, but it's just a small issue - you're not going to Berlin to spend evening in the hostel pub :)

• 9th Nov 2014
  • Poland

Brilliant stay. Staff were very accommodating, hostel perfectly clean. Going to London in January and staying in Wombats there after our experience of Wombats Berlin.

• 8th Nov 2014

There were 2 gentleman and 1 lady in total manning the reception. Both the guys were humble, but the lady was outright rude. First of all, i would like to say is that checkout time is 10 am next day which is not mentioned anywhere on website. When we requested if the check out could be 11 am next day she reluctantly agreed but told us in very firm manner it should be 11 am, a minute later and she would charge us. Anyway, we were up and ready by 10:45 am except for one person who was still using

Wombats absolutely fantastic on all fronts !!! I'll be back and will recommend to all

• 7th Nov 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Wish the rooftop bar was open later than 10pm! Other than that excellent for the price :)

• 7th Nov 2014
  • Scotland

Awesome friendly staff add very clean rooms :)

• 6th Nov 2014

Great Location, Great Rooms, Great Beds, have had friendlier staff, however they were extremely busy and the hostel was sold out so probably just down to stress! the only negative i have is that there was no WIFI in the rooms, when advertised, had to go down to the lobby, but wasnt really a big deal! over all GREAT HOSTEL!

Hostel is really amazing and I plan to recommend it to all my friends. However, WiFi is not present throughout the hostel. It works only at reception. Hate it when they put "Free WiFi" and then network connection is not of good quality or not well present.

Not much going on here. Might as well be a hotel. Not the party hostel that some of the pages on the internet say it is. I have no idea how it got on to some of those lists of best party hostels worldwide....

Sometimes it was very loud at night. Clapping doors, screaming, etc.

• 5th Nov 2014

I felt the female only room was of higher quality than the mixed room, but everything in both rooms was great. A larger communal space would be the only improvement I can think of.

• 5th Nov 2014

Everything is perfect except the cleanliness of guest kitchen. The utensils are not clean but it is worth renting due to low price. Wombats becomes my top hostel forever.

72-hour free wifi is quite enough for 6-day staying. Everything is fine but the water heating bottle need to wash every time. It's ok if you dun use the kitchen or hot water for drinking.

I think this was an absolutely fantastic hostel! I had heard great things about the Wombats chain and I wasn't disappointed. The rooms were clean and the staff were helpful. Checked out the bar but it wasn't the greatest and slightly overpriced, just slightly disappointed by the atmosphere. That being said, I was in Berlin and I didn't have to walk far to find a nice place to drink and meet new people.

Staff are not so helpful Good environment and price

Fantastic stay at wombats city hostel. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Staff was helpful and friendly. Common area downstairs was spacious. Happy hour at the bar on the 7th floor had great drink specials and was a great way to meet other travelers. Breakfast in the morning was fantastastic. I highly recommend this hostel.

Great hostel. The staff were very helpful, and the rooms are nice and clean, with nice toilets. The breakfast is okay for the money. The best thing about this hostel though is the rooftop bar that's open til late, with a stunning view from the terrace (open until 10pm) over Berlin, where it's easy to meet people to go out. Decent location in Mitte. There's a kebap shop around the corner, whcih is convenient, but its kebaps are only okay - All in One is a better kebap shop that's still in Mitte.

Really friendly and helpful staff. The place has a nice vibe. It was clean and comfortable. The water was hot. The breakfast was a good value and a great way to start the day. Will stay there again when I go back to Berlin.

• 31st Oct 2014

Great location, clean rooms with lots of space. Only downfall is that there is not a common area so if you are a solo traveller it is hard to meet others. Also the wifi was unreliable.