Wombats City Hostel Berlin Reviews

Alte Schoenhauser Strasse 2, Berlin, Germany

Good facilities (nice kitchen) and location (even though it get a bit noisy), excellent staff, breakfast was also really good. The only bad thing, in my opinion, was the atmosphere: large groups of high school students and many groups of americans behaving like teenagers on the bar at the top floor.

This hostel is awesome. I was at a female ensuite dorm, that had a good space and was very clean. Each bed had a private lamp a plug, which helps not disturbing the others. The hostel has a very nice atmosphere and a pub on the roof top. Great breakfast for only 3,80 euros. Regarding the location, it has a metro station right on the corner and it is at a walking distance from Alexanderplatz. I will definitely stay in Wombats again and recommend it to everyone.

Decent place overall. Staff was moody. Tossed my ID-card around. Probably tired of all the check inn's she had to do that day.

• 12th Oct 2014

Best Hostel in Berlin!

Great hostel, good people, staff and guests. The rooftop bar offers a 5 star view over Berlin.

• 11th Oct 2014

This is quite a good hostel, from a very good chain of hostels.

Really helpful, friendly staff

• 11th Oct 2014

Great stay. I was in a double private with my partner. No complaints! Great location, close to some yummy restaurants!

Wombats is 100% the best hostel chain i have ever stayed at, the Berlin hostel has a roof top bar and on a modern building and well situated right next to a metro stop

The reception staff were kind. Free linen, lockers, welcome drink was awesome. Cleanliness in general was fair. I stayed five nights, and on the fourth night, a red headed housekeeper stormed into our room at 9:40 AM, telling me to wake up and that check out was at 10. My roommate and I were both startled by the treatment we received, even though I wasn't checking out that morning.

The skybar is a really nice addition to the hostel, it was clean and the staff was very helpful and patient! They also liked to give you some tips and when I lost my roomkey they were super nice and understandable. Only thing maybe: the other guest in our room weren't that nice, they were a bit annoying and made a lot of nois when waking up (besides from the snorring). They weren't young either. And because they aim for a young public it might be better to place the young people with each other!

The bed could be a little more comfortable

First Wombats I've stayed at this trip, and it's definitely left a good impression. Despite its larger size, good atmosphere, security, and cleanliness are not lacking in the least. Best part about this Wombats is its location--almost every restaurant down the street is worth trying. Go to Good Morning Vietnam, YamYam, Monsieur Vuong, and the bakery next door that sells cinnamon rolls... Yum

In every city I go that have a Wombats, I never doubt about it. Is always the same good service, CLEANING rooms, secure, etc. I wish they were in more cities.

I have stayed in this hostel before and loved it. This time wasn't any different! They have nice bar in the rooftop, great good and atmosphere, and location is great! There is a nice bakery shop just a couple of min walk so we had breakfast every day over there... Anyway, it's definitely a really good choice :-)

Was quite good, very happy with the overall stay.

Stayed here for 4 nights and the service was absolute perfection. The rooms were large and clean and the bar upstairs was always rammed with fun people after 10PM (Nobody in Germany parties before 1AM) - Shower was powerful, toilet was clean and they even let me off after checking out 2 hours late (I was zombified after 4 consecutive days partying)

• 8th Oct 2014

Lovely hostel situated in a good location in Berlin. Loved the bar on the the top floor. The only thing that could be missing is bar crawls from the hostel?

• 8th Oct 2014
  • Sweden

We loved staying here! The rooms were always clean and the beds were comfy. The bar upstairs was awesome to have a few drinks and meet new people and there was a cheap Asian restaurant right across the street when we couldn't be bothered walking anywhere ! Really good stay overall.

Connection to wifi access was annoying

• 7th Oct 2014