Wombats City Hostel Berlin Reviews

Alte Schoenhauser Strasse 2, Berlin, Germany

I really liked the location, it is really central and appears to be a safe area. It is very international. We slept in a 6-bed room, which were quiet big and comfortable. What I did not like was the fact that one had to buy the soap, which for me should be available in each bathroom for free. Also we had to change the bedclothes by ourselves. One more thing that was annoying was that in the hallways and outside the rooms it really smelled musty. In general, for the cheap price it was fine!

Hotel has a good location, also there is a bar at the top, and they have happy hour there. It is a good hostel to socialize with people. Also staff is very helpful and kind.

• 2nd Apr 2015
  • Turkey

Nice hostel with good facilities and the rooms are fine for travelers who spend most of the time out and about anyway. The bar wasn't as busy as i would have hoped which made it a bit more difficult to meet people. But overall this is a solid hostel if you want to stay in Mitte and it is close to the u-Bahn which means you can everywhere quickly. Would recommend to other travellers

Pretty good hostel

• 1st Apr 2015
  • Chile

We had a fantastic stay here! The staff were all very friendly & helpful and there was an overall nice & comfortable environment. Great amenities and very clean. One of the best hostels I have stayed. Thank you! :)

...thanks for your stay, happy to read you had a good time!

The hostel was everything I'm looking for in a place to stay. My only complaint is that my friend and I weren't put in the same room, and I was alone with a group of 5 people who were very rude and didn't acknowledge my existence.

Really nice hostel. Clean, good wifi connection, linen provided. In-Room Lockers. Great rooftop.

• 1st Apr 2015
  • Greece
  • All Male Group, 25-30

For a Hostel, the shower was amazing!! Rooms clean, location amazing, a stop away from Alexander Platz! The rooftop bar is beautiful, cheap drinks, brilliant hostel, don't go anywhere else!

No complaints about this hostel! Clean rooms and bathrooms, helpful staff, good location. Nice that lockers and towels are included. Great view from the rooftop terrace!

Me & my friend really liked staying in this hostel, it's clean, safe and good located. It's REALLY easy to meet people there thanks to the rooftop bar & to the happyhours. If I come back to Berlin, I will stay here again. =)

• 31st Mar 2015

The place owns great facilities, but it's not what I expected for a hostel. Wombats Berlin is more like a very big Hotel and it didn't have that warm atmosphere between guests that I was looking for. The general age average is 18/20 and also it is difficult to do socials with other people that are not in your own bedroom. To sum up, I recommend it if you're going with a big group of friends but not alone.

• Argentina

Very open and friendly atmosphere, I was travelling alone and met a lot of new people. The staff is very friendly as well.

I can't say enough about how wonderful my stay was here! The staff were more than happy to help with anything, had great recommendations for food and fun, and helped with directions almost every day. I would recommend this hostel to anyone travelling to Berlin!

• 31st Mar 2015

Very nice hostel indeed. The only two smaller remarks are: 1) breakfast is cheap, but not that great. It is facilitated by the restaurant next door. 2) the hostel do have hairdryers, but they are very small the traveling size ones and it took me very long time to dry my hair. But again, if these remarks are the only cons, then it's a pretty great hostel! I can only recommend it to others!

• Denmark

I really liked the room, it was big and clean. The staff is confident and helpful. The breakfast isn't included but worth the price. The location is really good and safe. I would definitely recommend this hostel.

Usually stay in this hostel when I'm in Berlin. Clean, easy to reach, good facilities, good breaffast fo 3,8 Euro. Close to ROse-Luxemburg subway station, easy to get to ZOB and to Alexanderplatz.

Good hostel, nice staff, I can recommend Wombats.

I don't normally slate hostels and hotels as I have been lucky to stay in reasonable places but this one messed up on two occasions. 1) room 614 smells so bad that the boys locker room smelt more pleasant than this. It was like it had a drainage issue that needed urgent attention. 2) staff confirming wrong information via email which made it awkward for my friend to enter the place before I arrived. Overall I didn't spend to many hours here but it seemed alright

very professional hostel, it is look like a hotel with common rooms. Everything you need is easily found in a board. The kitchen is small, but have anything you will need. The staff is always straightway as Germans do, not friendly, not too much talk, but answer anything you ask and helpful.

One man at reception was particularly helpful and friendly and gave great advice, as well as ordering us taxis whenever we wanted. The bar was very lively and me and my friends met some really nice people there. It is defiantly worth going during happy hour- 2 euro beers (that are massive!!) the dorm we stayed in was very spaceious, clean and comfortable. Me and my two friends were very impressed and had a fantastic trip. Berlin was great too (especially the nightlife!!!) Would stay again!!!!

• 26th Mar 2015