Wombats City Hostel Berlin Reviews

Alte Schoenhauser Strasse 2, Berlin, Germany

All in all satisfied!! Friendly, helpful staff, nice location and good value in general. Some remarks: I found the rooftop bar nice (the view!) but I wish that it was possible to have a drink and chat there, it was just too noisy with all the drinking game participants screaming constantly. Maybe make a separate room away from the serving area? The rooms were also poorly sound insulated, when people walked in the corridors during night time I kept thinking that the door had to be wide open.

• 29th May 2014
  • Norway

The hostel was really good, for my boyfriend and me. We was pleasant because the staff, atmosphere and cleaning were quiete good. The hostel has a good location, because u can find the principal places easily, and u need to walk just 15 minutes!. Also around the hostel there aren´t restaruants close.

Loved my time at this hostel. It has a really friendly atmosphere and you meet so many cool people. Location is great and of course Berlin itself is amazing. I totally recomend

• 29th May 2014

Nice clean hostel with cheap beer. Like a lot of big chain hostels, it kind of felt like a hotel where you're just one of the hundreds of guests. If you want somewhere more personal with a fun atmosphere, I would highly recommend a smaller hostel for solo travellers.

great hostel , great staff .

Everything was awesome, one of the best! Only thing I didn't like was that if you opened the dryers to check you drying before the cycle was finished you had to pay another 4 euros to restart the cycle. And the instructions weren't in English anywhere.

• 24th May 2014

4/5 staff were friendly and helphful

• 23rd May 2014

Yea was good :)

A modern, clean hostel not far from the main sights. I enjoyed my stay at Wombats. The rooftop bar was cool and affordable. Several nice restaurants nearby. Okay for meeting other travellers.

Good Things - The hostel is in a good location near Tram and metro stations. The room and the bathroom were clean. The staff was very friendly all the time supporting all my necessities and questions. Neutral - None Bad Things - Awful WiFi service all the time

Amazing!! Great value for money!

Our stay at Wombats was great overall. We got upgraded from a private double to our own apartment which was awesome. Had a nice balcony view from the room. Wifi worked in the rooms as well as the lobby. There is a bar on the roof which is pretty chill. My only complaint would be that the staff gave us inaccurate directions when we asked questions about Berlin. This hostel did not have daily scheduled events like some other ones do.

Internet area was good, although it would've been nice to have internet everywhere. The bar was amazing and we loved happy hour :) The lockers in the room are big enough to fit a large rucksack in. We loved our time at Wombats and can't wait to come again!

• 20th May 2014

Best hostel i have ever stayed in! Great location, modern building and super friendly staff!

They lost my hoody

• 19th May 2014
  • Austria

Enjoyed our stay, especially the Roof Top bar. Good morning Vietnam restaurant across the road excellent.

not great WIFI!!!! FIX THAT! Also I was shocked to find out that this is one of the top ten best party hostels in the world... I did not think the place was that much fun. But everything about Berlin is fantastic and this hostel is very easy to get to and get around from.

I was very pleased with everything.

• 18th May 2014

Excellent rooftop top better and amazing staff who are more than helpful. Straight off the bat your friend and not just employee of the facility.

We really enjoyed our time at wombats, Berlin is an amazing city! The hostel has great facilities and lots of information regarding exploring the city sites and nightlife etc. would definelty stay here again!