Wombats City Hostel Berlin Reviews

Alte Schoenhauser Strasse 2, Berlin, Germany

Great atmosphere, excellent staff and perfect location.

• 29th Jul 2014
  • Switzerland

Really solid overall. Only complaints are always having to re log in to wifi and no soap in the bathrooms.

Good location near transport and shops. Reception staff are very helpful and professional, they take time to answer questions. The five other people in my dorm were travelling together and were very noisy at night eg. having a party in the room with alcohol and people from outside the hostel until 2:30am. Reception were helpful and I changed room for the rest of my stay. No problems at all after this and I would stay here again.

Great hostel. Easy to find in a good location. Nice roof terrace and bar. Great Vietnamese restaurant across the road. Nice places to hang out in room and around hostel. Wombats is a great chain. I will definitely stay here or in one of their hostels again.

definitively a good option!

• 28th Jul 2014
  • Mexico

While it felt a bit more like a hotel than a hostel (it's certainly one of the largest hostels I've stayed at) and the staff tended to be pretty busy, it was a pleasant stay. The rooms were spacious and clean and the bar at the top was certainly very nice and crowded. Doesn't quite have the homely feel of smaller hostels, but a good place to meet new people/spend the night.

My stay in Wombats was amazing. I was very well treated and felt like I was in my home. Congratulations to Wombats' staff.

• 26th Jul 2014

Everything was great!!! Please keep up the friendly atmosphere, and having the best value of anywhere I saw in Berlin!

• All Male Group, 25-30

Soap in the bathroom is missing ! The restaurant's Guy could be nicer...

• 26th Jul 2014

Great hostel, with great facilities!

Very friendly staff

Overall, the hostel is ok. It is massive (!) though with 450 beds so as you can imagine, it's not great for solo travellers at all! It is clean and right across the street from the metro which is awesome. The staff are pretty openly bitter and jaded due to the volume of people they have to deal with and try to control at night with the noise. When I was checking in, the guy complained about all the asshole guests. Would definitely look for another hostel when in Berlin again.

Cleanest hostel I have been to so far. Very close to transit system and staff were very helpful!

• 25th Jul 2014

It's good concept for young people to stay during their travel, to meet people. Everything was good organised, especially they have the kitchen for cooking, very surprising. I like the atmosphere, and the stuffs, they are very warm and helpful. I will definitely recommended it other friends.

• 25th Jul 2014
  • China

My sister and I discovered Wombats hostel for the first time least year when we spent a weekend in Vienna; when we picked Berlin as our new destination and found out there was a Wombats there as well, we were absolutely thrilled. This is one of the best hostel we've stayed in. I wish there were one Wombats in every city! Thank you to all the staff.

This was my first (and last) time in a Wombats hostel. They're entirely too big and lack a real hostel atmosphere. And it wasn't as clean as I expected. For instance, there were beer bottles and pizza boxes in the room when I got there, which I was told had been there for a few days. I wouldn't stay here again.

Great staff, always there to help, good kitchen, great location near the metro and not far away from great sights. The bar has a great view and the happy hour with 1euro beer is perfect. Flawless!

Amazing was atmosphere and great location, the bar was a great place to meet people. Rooms were well equipped.

• 23rd Jul 2014

Very comfortable hostel - almost like a hotel in its size (both overall and the rooms). The room was quite nice and spacious with an ensuite bathroom and big locker. Given the size, the atmosphere is a little lacking although can overcome this by hanging out in the bar. Very good place if you want to do your own thing, though solo travellers would have to make more of an effort to meet people. The area is quite nice, next to a metro as well as a number of great restaurants and bars in Mitte

The most fun hostel!!! If you want a hostel that doesn't stop having fun this is it! Also great facilities in the building and also very helpful and knowledgable staff to give advice for the daytime! However if you're looking for a good nights sleep maybe search a bit more!