Wombats City Hostel Berlin Reviews

Alte Schoenhauser Strasse 2, Berlin, Germany

Very nice hostel with modern facilities. The staff are friendly and helpful where possible. The kitchen is a little small, and unfortunately while I was there my food got stolen even though it was labeled :( However the hostel is in a nice location and the rooftop bar is nice with a great view of Berlin

I have stayed here twice now and my stay has being excellent.met a lot of new friends here and the wombat sky bar has an excellent view overlooking berlin and the 2 happy hours also make it great.the only problem is that the wifi does not work in the rooms but except I would definitely recommend this hostel if you are staying in berlin.

One of the best hostels I've stayed in. Everything was really clean and it was the best shower I've had in Europe. I don't like having to pay for hostel breakfasts but in saying that theirs was really good.

Very clean and fantastic value for money.

Just great!

awesome location and staff!

Had a wonderful three night stay in March 2014. The location is perfect and walking distance to the train and to multiple restaurants and bars. I stayed in a private room which had its own bathroom, shower and balcony! Rates were reasonable and it was very quiet. The staff were helpful and the bar was a great deal if you wanted to grab a drink and socialize. Would highly recommend!

• 15th Mar 2014

Good Hostel to stay. Staff is friendly.

• India

Compared to other hostels, this hostel is totally the best! Especially, the bar is the best part!

• South Korea

Great location! Walking distance to most of the attractions. The staffs are very helpful and friendly, they answers all my questions patiently. The room was clean and locker provided which can open by your key card only! Great atmosphere in the bar.

• 14th Mar 2014
  • Hong Kong

It was the best hostel in which i stayed in my holiday across europe. I would definately recommend it and go back.

Just a bit noisy at night. as my dorm was on the first floor I could hear the sounds from the street. All the rest were ok. Really nice place.

Very Good

Stayed at Wombat's for a five day Berlin trip. The location is perfect to see the "hip" part of Berlin Mitte around Rosenthaler Platz and Torstrasse and it's easy to get to Friedrichshain/ Kreuzberg via public transport to enjoy the nightlife. The hostel is very clean- daily cleaning!- and in a great shape. Staff is very friendly and helpful. There is a hostel bar on the 7th floor which offers cheap beer and other drinks where you can meet other travellers. Had a blast!

• 7th Mar 2014

Thank You! Will see us againe =)

The sound of closing the doors outside the dorm can be heard clearly. May need ear plugs during sleeping.

Wombats City Hostel Berlin really was one of the best hostels I have ever stayed in. The staff were very friendly and helpful, the location was amazing and the quality for money was brilliant. We stayed in Berlin for 5 nights and the hostel really added to the amazing experience we had. I would definitely recommend Wombats to anyone staying in Berlin and would definitely stay there again myself on return to Berlin.

• 5th Mar 2014

sometimes a bit loud in the stairs

• 5th Mar 2014
  • Austria

love it just love it

• 4th Mar 2014

Friendly staff - great location - I had read that the breakfast was not good but found it to be better than I expected. For only 3.75 euros I could eat all that I wanted and it was actually quite good. A coffee down the street costs 3.50 euros so consider the excellent bargain as well (the hostel breakfast includes all you can drink espresso-cappucino machine)!