Wombats City Hostel Berlin Reviews

Alte Schoenhauser Strasse 2, Berlin, Germany

The folks at Wombats know what they're doing--their hostels are exceptionally well-run, the staff are knowledgeable about the local area (and sometimes have discount/free admission passes for bars!) and the rooms are comfortable and clean. Berlin was hot when I stayed here, but the windows in my room could be opened completely and there was a provided standing fan to help keep air circulating. Free towels are also offered at the front desk, and you can check out an umbrella for a deposit.

Nice room and bathrooms, really bad wifi which didn't work in the room

Amazing hostel! So much fun.

wombats is very nice hostel!! i love it!

We stayed here on recommendation. Thought the rooms were exceptionally clean and we liked how sociable the hostel was. Staff were generally very friendly although the man who met us at check-in was a little rude because we were late and it was not our fault. This was just a minor thing and we went on to stay at the Naschmarkt Wombats hostel in Vienna.

• 1st Aug 2014

I would like to thank you and your staff for going above and beyond to help me retrieve my lost jacket!

• 1st Aug 2014

Staff great. Frustrating that only one PC working and not very well.

Amazing staff members. Very clean rooms. WiFi could have been a bit better as I was struggling to log in on several occasions

Wombat is located in a nice area of Berlin with many good restaurants and the hostel has a great rooftop. The staff is super friendly and willing to help you at anytime.

• 31st Jul 2014

Best place in Berlin!! Bar is so much fun!! Staff are really friendly and helpful :) thank you

• 30th Jul 2014

La pasamos muy bien. Lo unico que me parecio es que la forma de conectarse a internet es un poco incómoda.

You can't go wrong with any of the Wombats hostels! Rock on, i will definitely go back there the next time.

Very good hostel, close to alexanderplatz and main public transport stations with a good breakfast. However it's not as modern or as nice as the wombat in Budapest.

Great atmosphere, excellent staff and perfect location.

• 29th Jul 2014
  • Switzerland

Really solid overall. Only complaints are always having to re log in to wifi and no soap in the bathrooms.

Good location near transport and shops. Reception staff are very helpful and professional, they take time to answer questions. The five other people in my dorm were travelling together and were very noisy at night eg. having a party in the room with alcohol and people from outside the hostel until 2:30am. Reception were helpful and I changed room for the rest of my stay. No problems at all after this and I would stay here again.

Great hostel. Easy to find in a good location. Nice roof terrace and bar. Great Vietnamese restaurant across the road. Nice places to hang out in room and around hostel. Wombats is a great chain. I will definitely stay here or in one of their hostels again.

definitively a good option!

• 28th Jul 2014
  • Mexico

While it felt a bit more like a hotel than a hostel (it's certainly one of the largest hostels I've stayed at) and the staff tended to be pretty busy, it was a pleasant stay. The rooms were spacious and clean and the bar at the top was certainly very nice and crowded. Doesn't quite have the homely feel of smaller hostels, but a good place to meet new people/spend the night.

My stay in Wombats was amazing. I was very well treated and felt like I was in my home. Congratulations to Wombats' staff.

• 26th Jul 2014