Wombats City Hostel Berlin Reviews

Alte Schoenhauser Strasse 2, Berlin, Germany

Rooms were great, clean and pretty. There was a staff girl kind of rude, great breakfast, they give you a beer and the rooftop view is awesome.

Very nice hostel in a great location. You can get anywhere in Berlin, while being located in a cool, hip neighborhood (Mitte). This hostel does host a lot of groups, but as a solo traveler I found it to be interesting to be around a large group of people from other places. The upstairs bar is awesome and has good prices, especially during happy hour. It's the best place to meet new people. The staff was very nice and helpful. Security is very good. Spacious rooms and lockers. Everything I needed

WLAN wouldn't work very well or not at all at certain times of the day. Coffee machine gave me hot chocolate instead of coffee. Breakfast wasn't very good at all...bad value and no variety. Outside terrace of bar was nice. Otherwise, everything was pretty much average for a hostel.

• 5th Apr 2015

thanks for your feedback. the coffee machine in our lobby offers different types of drinks depending on the button pressed. 3,80€ for an all you can eat breakfast buffet with over 20 different eatable products every day and fresh bean coffee is the chapest we can offer - we don't make a single euro with it. we're working on our wifi, hope to see some improvement soon...

It was very clean, the rooms were fairly spacious for a hostel. The rooftop bar was cool and you automatically get a free drink for staying at the hostel. The staff was very helpful and friendly. Most importantly the wifi was on point! best wifi at a hostel I have ever had!

Great hostel. If the price is right definitely worth staying there

It's too far away from the station.

thanks for your stay. our hostel is one minute from the metro and bus station rosa-luxemburg-platz and a 10 minutes bus ride to the citys main train station (btw: happy not to run a hostel over there). we've even add a few minutes to every direction-text we've ever published. so when you've booked out hostel... anyway: wishing you a wonderful journey!

Great stay at Wombats! No complaints, decent location, very helpful staff.

Wombats was a great place to stay in Berlin! It was an easy walk to Museum Island, and from there to other important historic areas. We got upgraded from a 6 bedroom dorm to a 4 bedroom with an ensuite bathroom for free. Everything was very clean and the staff was helpful and nice. Definitely would stay again.

Could probably get the hostel to organise a few more things for the guests for example like 'beer pong night' or game night. Something that gets the guests interacting with each other a bit more!

We had a great apartment and really enjoyed the general vibes of the place. Would definitely recommend it and love to come back again.

I really liked the location, it is really central and appears to be a safe area. It is very international. We slept in a 6-bed room, which were quiet big and comfortable. What I did not like was the fact that one had to buy the soap, which for me should be available in each bathroom for free. Also we had to change the bedclothes by ourselves. One more thing that was annoying was that in the hallways and outside the rooms it really smelled musty. In general, for the cheap price it was fine!

Hotel has a good location, also there is a bar at the top, and they have happy hour there. It is a good hostel to socialize with people. Also staff is very helpful and kind.

• 2nd Apr 2015
  • Turkey

Nice hostel with good facilities and the rooms are fine for travelers who spend most of the time out and about anyway. The bar wasn't as busy as i would have hoped which made it a bit more difficult to meet people. But overall this is a solid hostel if you want to stay in Mitte and it is close to the u-Bahn which means you can everywhere quickly. Would recommend to other travellers

Pretty good hostel

• 1st Apr 2015
  • Chile

We had a fantastic stay here! The staff were all very friendly & helpful and there was an overall nice & comfortable environment. Great amenities and very clean. One of the best hostels I have stayed. Thank you! :)

...thanks for your stay, happy to read you had a good time!

The hostel was everything I'm looking for in a place to stay. My only complaint is that my friend and I weren't put in the same room, and I was alone with a group of 5 people who were very rude and didn't acknowledge my existence.

Really nice hostel. Clean, good wifi connection, linen provided. In-Room Lockers. Great rooftop.

• 1st Apr 2015
  • Greece
  • All Male Group, 25-30

For a Hostel, the shower was amazing!! Rooms clean, location amazing, a stop away from Alexander Platz! The rooftop bar is beautiful, cheap drinks, brilliant hostel, don't go anywhere else!

No complaints about this hostel! Clean rooms and bathrooms, helpful staff, good location. Nice that lockers and towels are included. Great view from the rooftop terrace!

Me & my friend really liked staying in this hostel, it's clean, safe and good located. It's REALLY easy to meet people there thanks to the rooftop bar & to the happyhours. If I come back to Berlin, I will stay here again. =)

• 31st Mar 2015