Wombats City Hostel Berlin Reviews

Alte Schoenhauser Strasse 2, Berlin, Germany

Good hostel for cost. A nice clean bathroom with shower for every room was a great addition that we didn't have at any other hostel. The bar and view from the bar was great and the location was also good. Only thing was that as a couple at 30 and 27, we felt almost like we were the oldest people in the whole building. We had some roommates that would come in at 4AM each night. But overall great deal.

Friendly and knowledgable staff which was quick to help with any questions we had. Nice rooms and clean bathrooms equipped with everything we needed. Towels could be borrowed = super nice! The hostel is located in an area with lots of really good and affordable restaurants and cafe's and within walking distance to all of the tourist attractions in downtown Berlin, approx 20 min. Easy to reach by bus from the central station.

Very excellent hostel, was throughly impressed!

The staff was very helpful and accommodating. They were prepared to help you anything whether it was providing monetary change, directions, or suggestions. I loved the provided map that gave suggestions for nearby restaurants and places to check out. It was definitely very useful and I wish more hostels had it. The skybar was also a great, safe atmosphere to socialize with others. It was a great location, very close to the metro, and located to a street full of shops and cafes.

The room was lovely, the location was good and the staff were on the whole friendly. I also thought the free drink on arrival was a nice touch. There were a few downsides though: The roof garden shut early but what annoyed us the most was that we weren't allowed to drink or eat in the rooms. What is this? I thought this was extremely patronising and offensive. We were 20 somethings being treated like irresponsible children. If you're looking for a party hostel this isn't it.

The roof bar was awesome. The other things about the hostel is avarage.

The bar happy hours were awesome! This hostel has the worst WiFi, almost every guest was complaining as well. They also have a great roof top patio and great view. Didn't like the location and staff was okay. I would not stay again.

very nice hostel but for my tastes too big and commercialized. awesome bedside tables and nice beds. no hand soap in the 8 person ensuite bathroom so that's gross. extremely nice rooftop bar. horrible internet system. i had to login almost every time i wanted to connect, even if my phone just locked for 5 seconds. very clean. awesome lockers. bottom line is that i recommend this hostel, it's not the best hostel ever but it was good enough.

Staff really friendly and knowledgeable. Dorms clean but those pine bunks are a noisy choice of bunk and should be chopped up and turned into campfire fuel ASAP!!! This hostel enjoys a truly Superb location in a cool part of an ultra switched on city. How would I improve it? Better beds, additional secure storage and upgrade the wifi....oh and move the bar elsewhere or provide more seating. Tip: the zoo is a must in Berlin and go do the hansa ton studio tour. Pack sun cream

We got the best room ever. Very spacious, clean , and even with a balcony! I think the only thing they could invest some more effort is the breakfast.

• 3rd Jun 2014

Great hostel, very very clean and kind stuff. Perfect rooftop terrace :)

Everything was great with the exception of wifi. Really annoying log in system, which would cut out frequently. Wifi also no available in room. Small thing which was annoying but besides that great place.

An extremely well run, FUN hostel in the heart of BRILLIANT Berlin. The knowledgeable staff are very helpful and caring.

• 2nd Jun 2014
  • New Zealand

Very friendly staff- all were happy to help a tourist find my way around Berlin

• 1st Jun 2014

The beds in the dorm room I was in had a great little shelf with a light and power point for each person - very handy! The staff were very nice and helpful

Everything is perfect, love the kitchen and people here, warm, kind and helpful.

Loved the place ! Wombats is a great hostel. If you plan on visiting Berlin, you should definitely stay at Wombats. The staff is welcoming and very helpful. We had a great time there!

• 30th May 2014

The rooms were really nice. The staff was nice because they gave great tips, and the bar was really nice to meet people and socialize. The only thing was they didn't organize anything like pub crawls etc with the hostel so there was no "family" atmosphere, but that is hard to achieve with such a huge hostel. We had a lot of fun! The bar had really good happy hour deals!!

Great hostel! Clean and definitely a really good location. Would definitely go back

All in all satisfied!! Friendly, helpful staff, nice location and good value in general. Some remarks: I found the rooftop bar nice (the view!) but I wish that it was possible to have a drink and chat there, it was just too noisy with all the drinking game participants screaming constantly. Maybe make a separate room away from the serving area? The rooms were also poorly sound insulated, when people walked in the corridors during night time I kept thinking that the door had to be wide open.

• 29th May 2014