Wombats City Hostel Budapest Reviews

Kiraly utca 20, Budapest, Hungary

What a wonderful hostel!Wombats absolutely made our stay in Budapest. First of all the location is absolutely perfect. All the staff were extremely friendly and helpful with directions etc, the reception was always well staff so we never had to wait for assistance. Also loved when they gave us advice (like to go to sziget for the night) The hostel itself had a lovely atmosphere. The common room was really big and cool and there was always people around to chat to at any hour of the night or day.

It was a quick visit but definitely a nice place where to stay. May not be the most characteristic place in Budapest..but after all there is the whole city to visit for that...and everything else that you might need you will find it there.

great hostel... good atmosphere... cool stafff... well located... good price... go there and stop wasting your time looking for some other hostel ;)

Located just across the street from good restaurants and cafes, and about a 15 minute walk from the river. Extremely clean, great staff, atmosphere was okay but as a solo traveler didn't really find it possible to mix with other groups (and I didn't feel like a bar crawl). Good value, excellent facilities, however, I didn't buy the breakfast as there are cafes and a supermarket everywhere around the area so it's not worth it.

Fantastic location, really large and spacious rooms, nice staff and really good breakfast for a minimal extra cost. I would truly recommend wombats to anyone and if I ever come to Budapest again, ill stay here :)

The best hostel I've ever been

Overall, I thought the hostel was great. I really enjoyed my stay. The staff were a bit overwhelmed due to the hostel being at capacity because of Szegit, so they didn't always have time to offer a little advice about the city - but we did understand that this probably wasn't a regular occurrence. Would definitely recommend the hostel to others.

The walking your offered through the hostel is not great, maybe consider doing one through a different company. The breakfast here is amazing and the service is so quick!

well, everything is good but the air conditioner is too weak .

• 5th Aug 2013
  • South Korea

Location of the hostel is close to most of the attractions, the atmosphere was really good and staffs were extremely friendly and helpful and they worked very hard to ensure your stay is pleasant and special! I will definitely recommend this hostel to everyone!

Clean, spacious, and with a nice lounge area. This hostel was very good and will satisfy most of your needs, the only problem was that as a solo traveller it was difficult to meet or talk to people as there are too many people and most people are there in groups.

Super hostel, more like a hotel sometimes. But the atmosphere was a bit dull.

• 4th Aug 2013
  • Belgium

I enjoyed this hostel. The facilities were great and the staff were quick to help. It is located within walking distance of many great sights. I like that showers are cleaned daily and the lockers have secured locks.

Wombats was a great hostel. We stayed in a double en suite room and it was huge!

Very good clean hostel and the room we stayed in was really big for a 4 bed dorm. All the interior is really modern and well furnished and the rooms have Aircon. Be careful because the Wombats hostel in Vienna is one of the worst I ever stayed in so don't let the name fool you.

A very clean hostel! Very modern, new and massive. Feels like your staying in a hotel with lots of other young travellers. There is a really decent sized kitchen, bar, massive area for you to sit and hang out. Also in a good location. Definitely recommend.

We had really noisy neighbours during the night, we complained but it was for nothing.

• 4th Aug 2013
  • Czech Republic

This hostel was a peculiar experience. On one side, the facilities were outstanding, the hostel was spotless, and the rooms were spacious and modern. It had all the amenities you'd need. On the other side, however, the bar downstairs (at least for the two nights that we were there --- one being a Friday) was mostly empty. Basically, this hostel was great for everything but partying.

An old 4 star hotel turned into a hostel. I've payed several times more to stay in hotels that are no where near as nice as this hostel.

Air-conditioning hardly worked in my room.

• 3rd Aug 2013