Wombats City Hostel Budapest Reviews

Kiraly utca 20, Budapest, Hungary

Probably the best location for traveling around Budapest. Just a min walk from the station. Really clean and modern look. Had many brochures for sightseeing available.

Decent hostel but very little atmosphere to meet people as a solo travelker. Great location though.

Probably the best hostel I've ever been to.

• 31st Mar 2014

Clean, good location and friendly staff... One of my best experience of youth hostel. The Wombats city hostel atmosphere is nice to party as the hostel's bar is a good place to gather with others. If you're going to Budapest, you should choose Wombats.

• 28th Mar 2014

Nice place, beginning of a cool adventure

The best hostel ever :))) More than great value for money. Staff was very friendly and helpful, large and interesting chill-out area, spacious and clean rooms. Location is very good too, near Deak Ferenc metro station with good connections to different places in town. My recommendation for everyone...

We absolutely loved this hostel. It was just a little bit to loud during the night. Maybe the staff could have a little walk through the hostel in the night.

• 24th Mar 2014

Very sophisticated look and feel to the hostel. Staff are helpful and the atmosphere s real fun. Very close to the main metro stop deak ferenc ter , st Stephens basilica and the main andrassy ut. Rooms are very spacious, bright and clean. A very good stay.

Very good place to stay in city centre but very noisy at night due to people running in corridors

Not only was this hostel a great deal, the staff was incredibly friendly and helpful. In addition, it had a very fun atmosphere and was quite clean.

Wombats was such a nice hostel! It was practically like a hotel it was so nice. The rooms were very spacious, had nice showers and also was very clean. Also they gave you clean sheets pre-wrapped for the beds. I would 100% recommend anyone visiting Budapest to stay in Wombats! I had a great experience and would definitely come back!

• 21st Mar 2014

I loved the Wombat. We arrived insanely early and they let us hangout in the common room which is huge. The staff was also so nice and willing to help. The rooms were a bit small, but manageable. The only complaint I have are the towels. The bath towels they provided were the same size as hand towels. Other than that I would tell anyone to stay here and great location!

The hostel was located really close to the main square and right next to the Jewish District (great food). Only thing that could've made it better is if breakfast was included.

The staff are really nice. The atmosphere is great and the rooms are really clean. The localization is perfect to the people that go by train!!!

• 14th Mar 2014

It was the worst wombats stay we´ve ever had. Of course the location is amazing but that a horde of irish people terrorized the whole 2nd floor on the weekend was not acceptable.(For Details ask, not enough place here) For what are sitting 3 guys at the Check in, when they only watch movies?!? If i know there are guests who are dissregard the rules, i´ll check that out every 20 minutes, to clear the situation. In Vienna, where we was in all 3 wombats we´ve never had such problems. BR, Sebastian

• 14th Mar 2014
  • Austria

Hi! We are extremely sorry for your inconvenience and we try to do our best to avoid such situations in the future. We hoped that we could compensate you for the trouble by refunding the half of your full payment, but we understand it is not only question of money. Also, please feel free to come to the reception anytime you need us, not only in the morning. We hope to see you again to give you a much better impression!

Suuuuper cool :-)

Close to all the main sites/metro to get to the sites. The breakfast was good value for the price 1000HUF. Stayed in a private double which was nice and spacious although it did smell like paint - maybe it was freshly painted. the bathroom floor was dirty with hair all over it, but other than that it was clean.

Great location, close to bars, sights and the metro and supermarket is at the end of the street. It can get noisy at night so bring earplugs. Wifi can be patchy Huge rooms and a huge hostel. Very clean and tidy. My room was at the end of a very long hall so had no issues with noisy people in the halls at night. Checked in separately to my friend and the girl on reception was able to put us in the same room. I'd recommend this hostel.

One of the best hostels I've stayed in my eurotrip! super nice accommodations. the only down side is that the hostel clearly have some partnerships with some restaurants, so they'll only recommend touristic places to eat out.

Good facilities, security and location as all the Wombats Hostels. However the staff guys in this particular hostel were not friendly. Every time they answered any of my questions was like something wrong with it not sure why.. Specially the guy that was at the front desk on 02/26 night and the girl also on 02/27 night I think wombats it loosing some of the traditional hostel culture and its starting to convert in something like hotels chains

Dear guest!Thank you for your feedback, however it would be more useful, if you could specify your complaint, not just talking in general. Anyway, we are very sorry for your impressions and hope that you`ll give us another chance to show you our friendly atmosphere which we do have!