Wombats City Hostel Budapest Reviews

Kiraly utca 20, Budapest, Hungary

This is a nice hostel. It is big and quite busy with a party atmosphere if this is your thing. Staff were good, and it is in a really great location to see the city.

In Budapest every Staff is a little bit rude, but in this hostel was different. They were friendly! The room is amazing, very clean, beautiful and good bed and shower. I had stayed in the same hostel in Munich already. For me... The best, ever! I recommend a lot! Enjoy! :-)

It is under construction. Pls do not expect it queit

Dear guest! Sorry for the inconvenience! We really try to keep the noise down as much as possible. We are almost done. Since our Hostel is located in a cultural heritence we had to renovate a part of our staircase...to keep our house nice and shiny for our guests.

Best hostel ever. I definitely go back there!!!

One of the best hostel I have stayed so far. Stuff is very helpful, differently than some other places.

• 13th Oct 2013

Hostel is clean and very well located. The staff however are not so good. They seem to have some attitude problems. Also the walls are very thin. You can literally hear everyone outside of your room.

I stayed in Wombat city hostel one night and everything was perfect. The hostel has great location, so everything was near. What i m thankful for is that staff were very nice and helpful. On sunday in Lukacz bath i was robbed and because of police i missed my last bus and during that night i was in wombat hostel - they let me stay there and helped me with tickets. So thank you very much for that guys :) It was very nice of you :)

• 12th Oct 2013
  • Slovakia

I stayed at 6 hostels during my three week trip across Europe and this was definitely on of my favorites. Staff was very helpful, room was very clean, location was right in the center of where all the ruin pubs are and many other sigh seeing areas. The downstairs bar was nice and there was always a decent crowd. I was a solo traveler from NY and didn't have a problem meeting people in this hostel. I would definitely stay at this hostel again.

Its my second time in this amazing hostel, and i will keep staying there and indicating for friends! This time i brought my grandmom and she also have loved this! Wombat budapest isnt just a hostel, is like a hotel with an amazing atmosphere! 100% ;)

1. Unprofessional and borderline rude front desk staff. 2. Shocking internet connection, resulting that we could not go to our rooms. No contingency plan, ie, writing in a book the bookings for the day. 3. Breakfast not included. The breakfast was also far more expensive than the surrounding cafes. And the breakfast was basically bread, nutella and fruit.

• 10th Oct 2013
  • South Africa

Thank you very much for your feedback! If I compare your feedback to the others in our reviews list I m absolutely sure that you got a wrong Impression of our staff. Breakfast is not included as not every guest want to have breakfast. And I think 1000HUF for an all you can eat breakfast with different breads, sausage, cheese, nutella, vegetables, marmalade, fruits, muesli is pretty OK..Sorry again but we also have to deal with inhuman server updates bef check in time who keep the Hostel running

My stay in wombats Budapest was very good. I liked the size of room, the location was excellent, and staff very kind.

Great location and very close to some delicious and inexpensive restaurants. Staff was helpful and inviting. Water temperature could have been warmer and floor in room wasn't super clean on arrival. Would definitely stay again!

The items of foods for the breakfast were not variety. I know it's not buffet restaurant, but not good.

• 6th Oct 2013
  • South Korea

This hostel is great if you are looking for a safe and silent stay in Budapest. The building and everything is new, but the place lacks heavily young attitude within the building; like a weekend break under your teacher's supervision :)

I stayed with my friend at your Hostel twice during our trip, at the beginning and at the end of our trip. We were very happy.

Nice and clean hostel with ancawesome location right in the city center!

• 3rd Oct 2013

Brilliant location in the former Jewish quarter that also allows for easy access to the tourist attractions in the city centre. The surrounding area also offers plenty of nice and cheap little eateries. Although the rooms are spacious, clean and come with top-notch amenities, having stayed at other Wombats hostels before, it surprised me that the Wombar isn't lively at all. Moreover, with groups of school children and a bit of a sterile feel, the hostel felt more like a budget hotel.

I've had a great time in Wombats City Hostel Budapest and made new friends in the hostel as well!! It has very good location and it is a save city to travel alone and the staffs are also very helpful!!

I really enjoyed to stay in the Wombats City Hostel Budapest. The room was big, clean and very comfortable. The staffs were friendly. I really recomend it.

• 30th Sep 2013

a great hostel. i hv stayed the first time in Vienna n tried it the second time in Budapest. I would like to stay in Berlin or Munich when next time i visit there