Wombats City Hostel Budapest Reviews

Kiraly utca 20, Budapest, Hungary

Bed Bugs and they were really rude like it was my fault.

Bright, big hostel with great facilities, nice bar and really good breakfast- the location is great as well and it's full of information and ideas for how to spend your time in budspest

This hostel is super clean! Just outside the hostel is a street full of bars and restaurants all excellent! Only a short walk from the river.

It was a great place to stay. Right in the centre of the city, lots of information on tours and getting around, they have thought of everything including having power adapters for Oz

Your hostel was perfect - I stayed alone in budapest but immediately met people in the room and during breakfast - really nice atmosphere and I will recommend it for sure!

I stayed for 3 days and the room was never cleaned. The bathroom floor was gross (obv with 6 people sharing it). Other than that, my stay was great.

Firstly the rooms here were MASSIVE. There were 4 beds in a room that could fit 10! It's a clean modern building. Great location close to restaurants and public transport. Lots of tour and other large groups.

To add an open area for smoking.

Probably best hostel i ever seen actually this place is like 5star hotel .maybe little bit expensive but it worth it ,if you wanna visit budapest stay here

It is very good experience to stay at the wombats in Budapest.

A great hostel for those who like party. If you want peace and take a rest after a long walking day don't stay in this hostel. Horrible sound insulation. I could hear all the drunkies that arrived in the middle of the nigth. I had the feeling that only teenagers was hosted. And at this time of the year, they are doing a renovation in 2 floors and the noise of hammers, etc started at 8 am !

I only slept one night in this hostel, and i arrived at 10 pm. So i only took 1 drink in the bar and sleep for 6 hours over there, and then left again. Location was very good! Rooms were large and very clean! Only thing is that my locker didn't work.. The Wombar was nice, but less people when i was there. Friendly staff.

This is a nice hostel. It is big and quite busy with a party atmosphere if this is your thing. Staff were good, and it is in a really great location to see the city.

In Budapest every Staff is a little bit rude, but in this hostel was different. They were friendly! The room is amazing, very clean, beautiful and good bed and shower. I had stayed in the same hostel in Munich already. For me... The best, ever! I recommend a lot! Enjoy! :-)

It is under construction. Pls do not expect it queit

Dear guest! Sorry for the inconvenience! We really try to keep the noise down as much as possible. We are almost done. Since our Hostel is located in a cultural heritence we had to renovate a part of our staircase...to keep our house nice and shiny for our guests.

Best hostel ever. I definitely go back there!!!

One of the best hostel I have stayed so far. Stuff is very helpful, differently than some other places.

• 13th Oct 2013

Hostel is clean and very well located. The staff however are not so good. They seem to have some attitude problems. Also the walls are very thin. You can literally hear everyone outside of your room.

I stayed in Wombat city hostel one night and everything was perfect. The hostel has great location, so everything was near. What i m thankful for is that staff were very nice and helpful. On sunday in Lukacz bath i was robbed and because of police i missed my last bus and during that night i was in wombat hostel - they let me stay there and helped me with tickets. So thank you very much for that guys :) It was very nice of you :)

• 12th Oct 2013
  • Slovakia

I stayed at 6 hostels during my three week trip across Europe and this was definitely on of my favorites. Staff was very helpful, room was very clean, location was right in the center of where all the ruin pubs are and many other sigh seeing areas. The downstairs bar was nice and there was always a decent crowd. I was a solo traveler from NY and didn't have a problem meeting people in this hostel. I would definitely stay at this hostel again.