Wombats City Hostel Budapest Reviews

Kiraly utca 20, Budapest, Hungary

This is the best place to stay in when you are in Budapest.. I enjoyed every second there.. Location and staff was amazing and the hostel was always clean.. They have a spacious common room and a bar,, I recommend highly and I would stay there again whenever I go to any other branch around the World too.

• 6th Dec 2013
  • Jordan

Awesome hostel! Probably one of the best hostels I have ever been to so far!

• 6th Dec 2013
  • Jordan

put TV and a small table with chairs in every room

• 5th Dec 2013

Everything was perfect like an year ago...The hostel is in the center, near Deak metro station, and is the cleanest, cheapest, most beautiful hostel I have ever visited!!!! If you go to Budapest, you have to go there!!!! :)

I loved this hostel. I stayed in the girls dorm and it was really cheap, clean and the bed was super soft and comfortable. Another perk was the water pressure in the shower. After weeks of backpacking and being on the road it was so nice to have a real shower. The security in the hostel is good as well, its card key access and you get free lockers if your still worried about stuff being stolen. There is a fully equipt kitchen which you can use 7am to 0:00. will stay here again

Everything was very clean, great location..all good!

Great place to stay in Budapest. Staff was friendly and helpful, location was good (walking distance to everything and bars just outside in the alley), free WiFi was nice too. I stayed in a very spacious 8 bed dorm and there was a wall that separated the room in half, so it was like paying for a 4 bed dorm. All facilities were clean and well maintained. Would definitely stay again.

Totally liked this hostel! It is actually much more like a hotel. Breakfast is pretty good for 3.5 euros. Location is also perfect. I would stay here again.

This hostel use to be a hotel; therefore, it is a good size. There are over 400 beds in this hostel. The size of the hostel makes it difficult to meet people. They also don't host any events....lame. I would definitely start there again if I go with a huge group.

this hostel is very good but there isnt a social program or something fun to do, like party with other guests or clubbing togheter or other only noise atmosphere and staff isnt happy and friendly i want come back and i hope to see the changes More FUN:)

Dear Guest! We do organise Partys sometimes. We have Djs in the Bar and offer walking tours. Please understand that we can not provide a party every evening to our guests. Please come back to us and we will show you what is possible here.. ;)

This place was dead if your a single traveler like I was there was no one to meet just dead. But the worst part was they had bed bugs in my room only time iv ever ha them and when I told them they weren't even suprises like they already knew when they put me in that room worst hostle iv stayed at in Europe was not happy

Dear Guest! First sorry if you felt uncomfortable in our Hostel. You can always meet people in our bar or during breakfasttime. We even would give you a more occupied room if you want! Because of the second issue: We would never put people intentionally into such rooms. Please understand we deal with this issue very carefully and with priority. If you ever feel to come back to Budapest im sure you will get a different impression of our house.

Fantastic location, but may be too close to the city centre, the entrance always busy, one of the guest's luggage being stolen while checking..just have to be careful with your belonging.

On par with wombat's other hostels except the kitchen in Budapest is incredible. Internet is finicky as they tend to be In big hostels.

Great hostel. Everything that you need is present: an ever present staff, a dining room, a kitchen, seats to take a nap, a bar, etc. Our room was also as it should be. The hostel is quite huge so it's probably not the most cosy one, but apart from that, the amount of people wasn't a problem at all.

good hostel clean and new close to all the metro lines and nice places to go out or go to the restaurant, it was not realy busy when i was there but i would recommend this hostel for sure

really nice and new hostel. perfect location and big rooms!

• 15th Nov 2013

Great hostel. Best value for money. Staff very helpful. Very clean in the dorm. High-class shower. Thank you very much!

I still hardly believe the Wombats is only a hostel: to my mind, it is nothing but a real hotel! Everything was really fine, it's by far the best Hostel i've ever stayed at. Will definitely remain my first choice for my next time in Budapest.

• 13th Nov 2013

Great location and great facilities. Friendly staff and would stay again!!

really enjoyed staying at wombat! we have had great experiences with this company. you can always expect clean rooms, lockers, lights next to your bed, easy check in/out, good location and loving staff! thanks to the bartenders for keeping us company at the wombar and at a bar down the street. great environment, definitely will be back