Wombats City Hostel Budapest Reviews

Kiraly utca 20, Budapest, Hungary

This place was dead if your a single traveler like I was there was no one to meet just dead. But the worst part was they had bed bugs in my room only time iv ever ha them and when I told them they weren't even suprises like they already knew when they put me in that room worst hostle iv stayed at in Europe was not happy

Dear Guest! First sorry if you felt uncomfortable in our Hostel. You can always meet people in our bar or during breakfasttime. We even would give you a more occupied room if you want! Because of the second issue: We would never put people intentionally into such rooms. Please understand we deal with this issue very carefully and with priority. If you ever feel to come back to Budapest im sure you will get a different impression of our house.

Fantastic location, but may be too close to the city centre, the entrance always busy, one of the guest's luggage being stolen while checking..just have to be careful with your belonging.

On par with wombat's other hostels except the kitchen in Budapest is incredible. Internet is finicky as they tend to be In big hostels.

Great hostel. Everything that you need is present: an ever present staff, a dining room, a kitchen, seats to take a nap, a bar, etc. Our room was also as it should be. The hostel is quite huge so it's probably not the most cosy one, but apart from that, the amount of people wasn't a problem at all.

good hostel clean and new close to all the metro lines and nice places to go out or go to the restaurant, it was not realy busy when i was there but i would recommend this hostel for sure

really nice and new hostel. perfect location and big rooms!

• 15th Nov 2013

Great hostel. Best value for money. Staff very helpful. Very clean in the dorm. High-class shower. Thank you very much!

I still hardly believe the Wombats is only a hostel: to my mind, it is nothing but a real hotel! Everything was really fine, it's by far the best Hostel i've ever stayed at. Will definitely remain my first choice for my next time in Budapest.

• 13th Nov 2013

Great location and great facilities. Friendly staff and would stay again!!

really enjoyed staying at wombat! we have had great experiences with this company. you can always expect clean rooms, lockers, lights next to your bed, easy check in/out, good location and loving staff! thanks to the bartenders for keeping us company at the wombar and at a bar down the street. great environment, definitely will be back

Wombats is a huge facility. More of a hotel than a hostel. It was clean and modern. They offered breakfast for 1000 forints - all you can eat - definitely worth the money. Staff were helpful. Only downfall was the tour organized through the hostel did not take place because there were only 2 participants- got recommended an outside company for a walking tour but annoying we had to change our plans for the day.

Best Hostel !

great location, 5 min. walk from the Great Synagoge, St.Stephen's Basilica and Andrassy street. The staff is very helpful, rooms are spacious and clean. it's also a nice place to hang out as there is a bar in the hostel and you get a welcome drink voucher upon arrival.

• 8th Nov 2013
  • Russia

Great place to stay and staff very helpfull.

• 8th Nov 2013
  • Mexico

The internet in the room is not very good.

• 7th Nov 2013

Definitely a party hostel. If you are looking for a raucous crowd, this is your place. However, if that isn't your scene, it gets a bit overwhelming.

Huge hostel with a bit of a party atmosphere without being crazy. Nice and cheap for what is offered, and a good location close to a lot of bars and clubs.

Had a pleasant stay, no real complaints. Great location, clean, not overly noisy at night. Nothing fancy but it's all you need! Was there mid week off season so there wasn't much happening or a great buzz, but perhaps during a busier period there were would be more fun to be had! Would stay there again.

Nice hostel with good location. The staff could have been with more passion. When I check in, they just talk in their own language for a while. Not a big deal though. Good wifi. Good bar with a free drink and nice breakfast.

Dear Wombats City Hostel Staff, not only me, but all of my friends who stayed with me enjoyed the time we spent in Wombats. Thanks for creating such a nice atmosphere!:)