Wombats City Hostel Budapest Reviews

Kiraly utca 20, Budapest, Hungary

Great location and great price. No soap in the bathrooms, but other than that, no complaints.

Everything was fantastic and the receptionists were awesome with booking things to do and advice.

• 16th Apr 2014

My bed is about to be collapsed. There is some boroken...and so crowded, dirty kichen! I don't want to visit here anymore.

Hi there! We are so sorry for your bad experiences cause of the bed and the kitchen. Sometimes our beds are a bit broken or ruined, but you should let us know anytime so we can solve the problem by fixing the bed or giving you a brand new room. Also, since it`s a self service kichen, it doesnt look always perfect after some guests who forgot to clean up after themselves. But only until our nice staff is coming and make it nice&tidy again! :-) Sorry again and hope to see you next time!

Super hostel!!

Super guest!!!! :-) Thank youu!!!

i really really enjoyed the stay at wombats hostel :) i've never been to such a lovely and clean hostel!!!!

• 14th Apr 2014
  • Austria

had a great stay here, good, clean hostel in the heart of Budapest.

• 14th Apr 2014

The staff is not very kind, good location

Overall, a great experience. The beds were comfortable and I really liked the skylights. The only nitpick I have is that I found hairs of previous hostel clients in my bed.

The airport had lost my bag, so I would check the front desk a couple times a day to be safe

Very good!

Kitchen was awesome, and so were the beds and rooms and showers. No real complaints. My girlfriend and I had an excellent stay. Breakfast was cheaper here than at other Wombats Hostels as well.

Great hostel!! Very nice atmosphere. Staff very helpful. Excelent location, right in the city centre, very close to the main Metro Station. Rooms are big, clean, and safe. The shower in the 6 bed dorm I stayed in was a bit uncomfortable, but nothing terrible. Nice atmosphere at the bar, perfect to start a night out and meet people. Breakfast nice and cheap! Would definitely come back.

Super easy to find, great location and very helpful staff

• 13th Apr 2014

The only problem about the hostel was the wi-fi connection

• 13th Apr 2014
  • Bolivia

Apparently this was an old hotel and it really showed. We stayed in a twin room which was huge and really clean. There was a huge bar and lounge area which was really great and it was in a great location (especially for Bar Szimpla). Most of the staff were really helpful, although there were a couple who didn't seem particularly bothered. Buffet breakfast was good if you got down early enough but if you went too late it was pretty disappointing.

Probably say it was the best shower I've had in Europe! Spacious, modern and clean rooms and bathrooms and friendly and helpful staff! EXCELLENT location... heaps of good bars and restaurants right opposite and the best pizza next door!

• 12th Apr 2014

excellent hostel! I love the wombats chain! every wombats is awesome!

Very helpful in accommodating our room changes via email before we arrived for such a big group! Such a huge clean lobby felt more like a hotel than hostel but without the prices :)

One of the best hostels I ever stayed, there is a cool bar on the ground floor, whice makes it easy to socialize. The breakfast is very good and is not expensive, the facilities are modern and clean. Definetely recommend it !

Good overall hostel but really bad wifi and is loud on weekends.